Meet Again

All you've got is Pride and Glory. (Private)

The residential area used to house the miners, loggers, and mansion staff. Houses, mainly ranch-style and small, are arranged on one half of the U-shaped town. The other side of the U is home to a pub, a grocery store, a small convenience store, and a recreation center containing a gym and a small movie theater.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

It had actually been about what, thirty, sixty seconds since he'd left the house? Simon felt a little bit like a coward as he leaned by the side of the house and took a sip of water, but then again, he also felt like Odysseus: when the Trojan War started, Odysseus pretended to go mad to avoid getting into what he felt was nothing more than Menelaus getting all spastic because his wife cheated on him. Likewise, Simon had done what might have been the cowardly thing by walking out, but he would only get in the way and risk getting a bullet in the process. So far, in fact, nothing had happened meaning that there was some sort of standoff or everything had been resolved ...

Thump. Thumpthump. Thumpthumpthumpthump. Thump-thump. Simon quickly choked down the water he was drinking when he heard the thumping that seemed to go on inside the house.

Clack-clack. Clack. Quickly, he (against his better judgement) went over to the door that he had left not even a minute ago. Didn't have to. There was already someone there, picking up what looked like a shotgun. Not like any of the ones he had fired at Scout camp, though. The one coming to grab it, though, did look quite familiar. Clio was taking possession of the shotgun.

"Well, that was fun, wasn't it? I especially like the bit where you thought you could get away with everything you've done to me, Ivan, that was really the highlight." Clio stepped forward. Oof. Thump. Simon stepped towards the doorway, taking sight of the events unfolding: Clio was holding the shotgun to a blond guy, who was on his knees, in obvious pain.

"But now it's over. You've lost. Once I'm done with you, Tabi's gonna be a piece of cake. I mean, I don't even think anyone else would bother with killing such a pathetic, whimpering, waste of a girl. Why did you even bother with her anyway? You could have just of easily found someone who wasn't so worthless."

Clio held the gun steady, and pointed the barrel directly at the blond guy's head ...

"Oh well. At least she'll be in great hands with me. I'll give her your regards."

"What the ... Clio? What's going on here?" Simon spoke up, now almost fifteen feet directly behind her.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Post by GregTheAnti-Viking† »

Tabi froze once again when Clio grabbed the gun. She had it pointed at Ivan and he just...stood there. It felt as if the air had been sucked out of the room. All that was left was Clio, Ivan, and Tabi.

Clio was saying something, but Tabi could only make out some of the words. The rest was a murky haze. Then, Ivan was sent to the floor, reeling in pain. A squeak escaped her lips she covered her mouth. Clio didn't focus on her though. Instead she just continued on talking to the Russian kid.

Tabi found herself spurred back into focus. Ivan was going to die unless she did something. She had to get Clio to leave!

The rollerblader scanned the floor once more, trying her hardest to supress the pounding in her head. There was something fuzzy in the distance. It was metalic and so far as she could tell, it looked like it was a pistol. One of the pistols that Clio had used to threaten her.

She stretched out her arm, and was able to ball a fist around the handle and drag it to her knees. Tabi slowly lifted up one leg and tried to prop herself up. The spell of dizziness returned to her once more, but this was not the time. She couldn't let Ivan be killed. Not because of her.

Groaning as she propped herself up to her feet Tabi found herself fighting against another spinning world. She fought back and made the first step forwards. He legs were wobbling in complaint and her head hammered again and again.

Clio now had the gun against Ivan's head. She was running out of time! She stopped walking towards the two of them and she lifted the gun against up to her chest and pointed it at Clio.

"C-Clio!" she screamed.

Clio had turned to look at her and seemed frozen. She kept her gun pointed at Ivan. But now, all the attention was focused on her.

Tabi's arms were shaking as she held the gun. She was holding a gun and it was pointed at someone. This wasn't something normal. Never in her life had she expected to hold a gun at all. And here she was.

"P-please...let him go...I want you to leave...I-"

Tabi gulped, trying to keep her arms straight. No matter how hard she tried, she could not keep them still. Her trigger finger though, did not move an inch.

"I...don't want to fire this... P-please..."

Clio did not move at first, instead, she just grinned, and then a low rumble started. The rumble became a laugh. A laugh that caused Tabi's blood to turn into ice.

"You can't fire that thing," Clio said never breaking free from that unflinching grin, "Can you? I'd like to see you, of all people, try and take a life."

Clio then lifted the shotgun from Ivan's head, pointing it at Tabi's chest. The sweat slipped down her face and her breath began to falter. This was not how it was supposed to happen! It was supposed to be like Imraan. The two of them were supposed to make it out alive. They were all supposed to part ways and nobody got hurt.

Tabi had no response to Clio's retort. She was still standing there, quivering. Was Clio toying with her? Tabi was going to die now. She was pointing a gun at someone who had killed, how many again? It wasn't going to matter now. She had hoped that Ivan could escape. She hoped against hope that Ivan would be safe.

"What the ... Clio?"

Tabi's finger slipped...

There was a bang...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler GregTheAnti-Viking. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Was she actually for real? This precious little girl was trying to threaten her, of all things? Did she even know what having a gun in her hands really meant? That scared little girl wasn't going to kill her. Face it, Clio called her bluff. If she could have killed, then she wouldn't need protection from the Russian sitting prone in front of her.

And the fact that Clio stood there unharmed, not a bullet in her body, proved her soooo right.

She aimed. Both the top of Ivan's head and Tabi's chest were in her sights. This was the absolute most perfect thing that could have ever happened. Two in one. Just like on her very first day, only this time it would go right. So right.

Clio smiled.

Her finger looped around the trigger.

But suddenly:

"What the ... Clio? What's going on here?"

...what?

She didn't move her aim at all, but instead flicked her head around to the source of that bothersome noise.

Of course, she didn't expect said bothersome noise to be her boyfriend.

It was Simon. The boy who took her to prom, the very same boy who she grew attached to over the last few months of her school life. The one who she met only briefly, three days ago. The same one who was probably the only living person on the island who didn't want her dead, her only real ally.

She stood there, staring at him for a few seconds, before her smile changed. It wasn't just a smile of contempt, content, and smugness. She...was happy! She knew she was safe around him! Of course, her focusing her attention on Simon meant that she never even noticed her gun's new occupant slipping her finger.

"Simo-"

Crack.

...that was what happened when she didn't keep her eye on the prize.

Clio felt the hot lead tear through her side. And again, the lead tore out her other side, still at the same speed. For a moment, time really felt like it stood still. There was Ivan, knelt in front of her, Simon, behind. Tabi, the girl who she sorely misjudged, at the doorway with her very own James Bond gun in her hands. And that was how it should have stayed. It should have just ended with her ending their lives, Tabi and Ivan, two more notches on her bedpost or however that fucking say she could never remember went.

Well, she knew what happened next. She'd seen it better than anyone else.

"...ah..."

Her fingertips were the first to loose feeling. With them fell her stolen gun, it didn't bounce like it did last time, instead just giving off one little clatter before stilling.

It was quick. It did its work.

...no...no no, no way...

She'd done it, she'd really done it. Tabi just killed her.

She was dead. Dying.

But...but that wasn't fair! Look at what she'd done to get here! She'd murdered six people, six people who she couldn't just apologise to, just give them a kiss and make everything a-fucking-okay, they were gone! Gone for a good reason, so that she could live! But...but...

Not possible...not possible...not possible...please for the love of god, this isn't happening...

All these thoughts flashed by in an instant. What happened to everyone in the world watching her was that the moment the gun fell from her hands, she clutched the open wound, just above her hip, stumbled backwards a few steps before her sandals caught on the gutter of the street and tripped her over.

Clio didn't even try to brace the fall. Her hands were still grasping at the hole in her side, but the real pain hammered itself home once she hit the tarmac, full on, nothing to stop her. She heard a crack. Her own body breaking apart. Something was broken, and Clio was screaming.

"AHH! AAHHHHHH! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" her voice broke the deafening silence enveloping the small battlefront that was the street. She squirmed, trying to hold in the blood pouring out of her sides, or at least that was what she was reduced to.

Just like when she woke up, a scared girl.

She was supposed to win! She was gonna get everyone's weapons, and then she was going to cruise through this island, just wipe out anyone she came across, smear them on the landscape! She was strong! She was smart! She was supposed to get off of here, she was supposed to just live!

Live.

Clio didn't even realise she was crying.

Her vision was murky, clouded. Dark. It was getting darker...

But throughout all of that, she could see someone standing in the distance.

Simon...Simon!

Simon could help her! Simon loved her! Simon would protect her, make everything better! That's what people who loved her did, right? They protected her? Clio loved Simon, he had to love her back, right?

Right?

Through the screaming, the crying, the hysterical sobbing, she extended her arm.

"Simon...SIMON!"

She didn't know how much was coming out of her mouth, it was all warping, just mixing like butter under the sun.

"SIMON! SIMON HELP ME! SIMON HELP ME, PLEASE! SIMON!"

She tried to move herself across the road, just trying to get closer to him. The blistering tarmac scrapped against her skin, scraping it open, and leaving a bloody trail across the road. It hurt, hurt so much. But she kept on moving.

He was there, right next to her. He was saying something, she couldn't understand, she grabbed him and pulled him close, arms around his neck. A hug. Just like the one she gave him on their first date, at prom. She didn't care about how much he must have hated her at the moment. She was a killer. But...he wasn't in love with a killer, he was in love with Clio Gabriella! She wasn't in love with whatever he tried to be with her, at that one fleeting moment at prom, she was in love with Simon Telamon.

"Simon, help me! I-I'm sorry Simon! I didn't mean to, please help me, I don't wanna die, please, do something, just help me Simon! PLEASE! Please..." she begged into his ear as her tears wet his hair.

...pathetic.

I just...I just...I just wanted to live, I wanna live! I wanna live!

"Simon, please, help me, help me, I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die," Clio spluttered out, over, and over and over. Weaker and weaker.

Weaker and weaker.

"I didn't, I didn't, I-I didn't think there was another way, I just wanted to get off, Simon," she just blurted out through the pain, the heaviness trying to drag her on. Here it came. The deathbed confession. The surefire way that she knew she was dying, she wanted to say everything she could. It may have been a cliche to every last person on this hellhole, but...she wasn't a character in a TV show, she wasn't a story character. She was just a girl. A dying girl. Not even Simon, her Simon, could help her there.

You deserve it.
There was no other way.
You loved him too much.

Clio was starting to fall back down, but she tightened her grip on him. It was...the lowest thing she could do. She was forcing Simon to have the girl who loved him more than anything else in the world die in his arms. Then again, Clio never really cared for anyone else but herself.

"I...Simon, just run, Simon. Just-" Clio's wounds throbbed like the parapets of her body were crashing down. She gasped out a pained yell, and closed her eyes. What did she want to say to him?

The words swirled around in her head, just bouncing out of reach. Like she was a normal girl again, not part of this game. Different ones flew by, how much she loved him, how sweet he was to her, how different he was and how much she liked that, what she never told him at prom, what they never got to do at prom, what she was going to do instead of going back to Italy with her parents, and what he meant to her as she lay by her dying breaths.

...but she couldn't even get that out. Soppy, melodramatic declarations of love were above her level, even for a prime-time bitch like Clio, who demanded that she deserved more than anyone to get out of here. Just one word escaped her lips as the spots flying in front of her eyes grew like miasma.

"...live."

It's time you moved on Clio. You're done-
You didn't do it right, you stupid whore-
You're immortal now. No one will ever forget about Clio Gabriella-
You're not important anymore Clio, this isn't about you-
A moment's hesitation, that's all it took-
One day, when it gets dark, darker than it can ever be for one sole person, whoever really makes it out of here will look back-
It was always your fault Clio, you could never do anything right-
And when they think about everyone who had to die for them, you're going to be among them, Clio-
He was never going to love you again Clio, you should have just killed him when you had the chance-
You've marked your place-
You made sure that everyone around you was miserable because you hated people-
You're immortal-
And now, you blew it all. He'll forget you Clio.
...you'll see your parents again.

And six innocent people won't.

Death after death would follow her, but for now, thanks to one Tabitha Gweneth, a psychopathic, selfish bitch was dead.

The young Italian girl finally passed on in her boyfriend's arms.

She never even made it halfway across the road.

FEMALE STUDENT NO. 69 - CLIO GABRIELLA: DECEASED

173 STUDENTS REMAIN...
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

There was a bang. The last noise Ivan was ever to hear.

So many thoughts... so many thoughts he had left un-plotted, and that just wasn't fair to them. So many things he never got to do, or to say, or to feel. He wanted to surpass his mother, the great Mischa Kuznetsova, in tennis and go on to be a pro. He wanted to get an education in astronomy or maybe engineering if he had to, something that he could use as a fallback if he got injured or things turned out the way he didn't want them to. He wanted to do so many things that seemed so far away when he was trapped on this rock in the middle of the ocean, and for reasons none of them would ever understand. Most of all, he just wanted to be a son, a nephew, and a big brother.

Now he would be none of those things.

... I had... an awful long time to think that...

He feared what he might see if he opened his eyes, but Ivan opened them regardless. Rather than a vision of the pearly gates or, as he feared, the black-tipped flames of hell, he saw Clio Gabriella clutching the ground and dragging herself over to somebody... somebody that he didn't realize was there before, because he could have swork the shotgun just ripped through his skull. The shotgun... that was laying right before him, on the ground where Clio once stood in her attempt to end his life. But... how did it happen?

His tired eyes strained to look in the direction of the frantic and probably dying girl who had been so close to committing murder herself. The boy there didn't seem to be packing any heat, and he definitely heard a gun go off. If Clio had turned the shotgun on herself, she would have splattered all over the damn road. It wasn't him who shot her, which meant it had to be some sort of person he hadn't noticed before. Where was the external party that had just downed Clio? Were they really out to save him, or did they just want the satisfaction of killing him themselves?

It wasn't until he turned around to make sure that Tabi was okay that he saw the smoking gun in her hand.

No... no way...

She couldn't have... of all the people to shoot somebody on the island, Tabi? He wasn't disappointed or angry at her actions or any shit like that, his body was far too numbed with pain and his mind too numbed with shock to handle anything like that. But how... how did she pull through and take a life to save him?

Ivan swallowed the rising lump in his throat and summoned the courage to stand up, scooping up the shotgun as he did so. There was still the interloper who Clio had crawled to. Upon closer inspection and a decent train of thought (which involved sweeping several pieces of mindfucking information under the rug for now), he identified the boy as Simon Telamon. Who, if the 'grapevine' which he could never escape no matter how hard he tried was correct, just so happened to be the latest fling for Clio.

... Fuck.

Ivan cautiously approached Simon, the shotgun at the ready. Clio looked to have stopped moving, her cries ceasing. For some reason, he felt... sad. Sad that the girl had to go as broken as she was, with no chance to be fixed... to die with a happy heart. If only he could say a few words, something to express the vague, indescribable feeling of pity and kindness that he only wanted to share with Clio now that she had died. Only once she passed did Ivan see her not as a murderer and somebody who was attempting to kill him in a fervor, but as a girl who really had lost her way. He had almost become her, were it not for Tabi, and now Tabi had killed her. She needed his attention, but Simon needed it more right now.

"I want you to back away. ... Please. There's nothing you can do for her now."
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

((GMing of Clio Gabriella and Ivan Kuznetsov done with permission from Inky and MK Kilmarnock, respectively))

Clio turned around. Smiled as if, for a second, everything was going to be okay. And for that second, even though Clio was holding a shotgun to someone's head, everything was okay.

"Simo-" BANG An explosion in her side accompanied by a spray of red. And then Clio dropped the gun as she clutched her wound and fell to the ground.

"AHH! AAHHHHHH! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" She reached out, calling to him. "Simon ... SIMON! SIMON! SIMON HELP ME! SIMON HELP ME, PLEASE! SIMON!" She started dragging herself across the road towards him as Simon finally snapped out of it and quickly moved towards her.

No. This is not happening! (What did you expect? She was about to make her sixth kill. Someone was likely to kill her, if only for self-preservation) Shut up, rational mind. When they got close enough, Clio wrapped her arms around his neck as he bent down and lifted her upper body slightly off the pavement as Clio lifted her head to Simon's ear.

"Simon, help me! I-I'm sorry Simon! I didn't mean to, please help me, I don't wanna die, please, do something, just help me Simon! PLEASE! Please ... " Simon squeezed his eyes shut, a desperate attempt to hold back the tears. She may have been a killer, but with all their experiences together, well, she was his killer.

"Simon, please, help me, help me, I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die ... I didn't, I didn't, I-I didn't think there was another way, I just wanted to get off, Simon." Clio confessed. Was it genuine repentance? In a way, it didn't really matter as she started to lose her grip, but desperately kept herself hanging on.

"I ... Simon, just run, Simon. Just ... Clio let out a yelp before her final word escaped her lips.

"... live." Simon bowed his head. In his heart of hearts, he had forgiven Clio for her actions, whether it was deserved or not. He looked at the now limp form of his girlfriend, only then noting that his left hand was now clasped around something. He opened it to reveal the key that Clio, in her dying breath had moved his hand around.

To My Heart.

"I want you to back away. ... Please. There's nothing you can do for her now." The other guy stated. Simon hung his head as he lowered Clio to the ground, and removed her necklace from her neck and placing it around his own.

"You don't think that I realize that?" Simon asked, betraying no emotion, if only due to the fact that the emotions that were going through him were in such a mish-mash that he he didn't know what he was feeling.

Had Simon been thinking about it, he would have thought of the tale of Orestes. His father was Agamemnon, his mother was Clytemnestra. Anyone familiar with those two characters knew of the tale of Agamemnon's death - killed by his own wife - depending on the source, either because Clytemnestra had fallen in with Aegisthus, or because Agamemnon had sacrificed his daughter Iphigenia for good winds.

A lesser known tale was the Orestia, the trilogy of Greek plays surrounding Orestes' reaction to that event. The decision for Orestes would have been easy had Agamemnon been murdered by anyone other than Clytemnestra - avenge his father's death by killing the one responsible. However, Clytemnestra, Orestes' mother, had been the killer, and matricide was a huge taboo in Greek society. So the decision came - was Orestes going to be a traitor to his father, or his mother's killer?

That was how Simon was feeling - one the one hand, someone had just killed Clio, Simon's girlfriend, and not simply for the sex. On the other hand, the chances were that whomever had shot Clio had done so in self-defense. In short, he could either do what could be seen as a betrayal to the girl he loved, or he could avenge what could be seen as a pretty justified kill. So the question was, as Simon stood there by his now-dead love, along with the guy with the shotgun, was which course of action - retreat or revenge?

Orestes had chosen revenge, but Simon ...

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Tabitha Gweneth was knocked to the floor.

And then, she heard nothing. All that could be heard, was a low whistle. She felt as if she was submerged in water, with no sound entering her ears.

She was staring at the cream stucco ceiling, strands of hair obstructing her view. Her chest felt like it was 500 pounds and it wouldn't stop its erractic beating. Every few breaths, a hiccup escaped her lips, but the sound, was not waiting for her.

It had escaped Tabi's notice, but her hands were still squeezing the hand grip. The sweat that eaked in, worked like a glue, binding her fingers to the metal device. Her arms could not stop shaking, causing the gun to bounce off of her chest.

The girl was lost in her clouded mind. What had happened? She was standing with a gun pointed to her only moments ago. And now she was on the floor, weezing.

Tabi finally realized the object in her hand. Had? had she fired the gun? No, she remembered now. She was trying to get Clio to leave. To stop them from firing the gun. Clio had pointed the gun at her in return. And now she was on the floor. Had she been shot? No. She was fine. Had she fired the gun?

No that couldn't be right. I never touch-

The sound started out muffled. And then it grew. And then, she heard it all...

It was the sound of screaming. The voice was familiar. And it caused the quavering girl to freeze.

Tabi mouthed a silent 'no' and closed her eyes. No it couldn't be. It just...couldn't be. She wasn't hearing what she heard. She didn't want it to be true.

And yet she rose up to look...

On the ground was a bloody, flailing form. The dyed hair stood out like a sore thumb. It was Clio Gabrella.

Tabi's jaw began to slack, and her heart began to sink deeper and deeper. The sounds that came from her mouth were unitelligable, blood began to spew from her mouth, trickling down her chin. Her eyes, the mismatched eyes of someone, who only moments ago, was the most confident and frightening person, were now full of tears. Full of fear.

Those green and brown eyes caused the skater to stare. They had her fixed to the spot. She wanted to close her eyes, but she couldn't. Clio's eyes commanded her to watch. Every. Single. Moment.

The dying girl had turned to look at a boy. A boy that Tabi had not seen before. Crawling on her hands and knees, she moved in his direction. Clio was begging for his help. She was calling for him.

The boy knelt down, and Clio locked into a hug. Her arms gripped his neck, and her body shook with her sobs. She stared into her face, and said something, she could not hear.

Tabi finally was able to close her eyes. She could look no more. She squinted them tight, refusing to let them see the final moments.

As fast as the sound had returned to her. The sound came to a halt. And yet, it was the loudest thing Tabi ever heard. Louder then fireworks on the 4th of July, louder that the biggest plane, louder than any gun.

The pistol finally slipped out of her hands, piercing the silence with a low thunk.

Her eyes lifted, peaking into the distance. That was enough to see it all. Her body was limp and flopped onto the street. The trail of blood ran from Ivan to the boy. Hey mismatched eyes staring out, looking into the distance...

Tabi found her legs pushing away, she wanted to cry, but she couldn't. They just wouldn't come. The only thing she could see inside the clouded hum, was those eyes.

The girl scanned the room, she needed to hide. There had to be a place. Somewhere.

The room was sparse, there was nothing down hear that she could find. No chairs, no tables, no closet that she could see. All there was, was a corner. A lonesome, empty corner.

Tabi tried to walk. But her legs wouldn't lift her. Her breath started to waver once more. She had to hide. She was now a killer.

She got onto her hands and knees. And scrambled to the end of the room. Ignoring the carpet and how it burned against her bare skin. She rushed to that empty place. The place screaming for her.

The girl could hear Ivan and the boy talking, but all it was to her was chatter. There was a more important job at stake.

The corner was small, confined, but it was comfortable. The murderer had placed her back to the wall, and rested her head against its mate. Her limp arms wrapped themselves around her belly. A stray finger found a hole in her sleeve. A hole that brought back the eyes. The finger poked through, and began to massage her skin.

Staring down at the shag carpet, Tabi Gweneth; the murderer was left with her thoughts...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler GregTheAnti-Viking. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

On paper, the situation seemed pretty cut-and-dry. A hated enemy was now laid dead at Ivan's feet, and her partner (in the romantic sense, but there's no telling whether or not they teamed up on this island) had every right to want both him and Tabi dead. The logical course of action would be to pull that trigger and end Simon's life, as well as his capacity to threaten, right then and there. The logical course of action is also the road that led to Keith's murder, or at least Ivan's justifying it. It was probably the road that Clio had taken when she came to the conclusion she had to kill everybody else.

In other words, it was the road better off not traveled.

He couldn't just let Simon out of his eyesight, though. Not when there could possibly be a weapon on Clio that, once picked up, could be used to shoot him. Or maybe Simon would get straight to the point and shoot Tabi. Ivan stared Simon down as he thought about that particular scenario. There wasn't a chance in hell he would ever let the kid near her, but if by chance he did, there would be no mercy. Yet, he understood what Simon might be feeling, the harshness behind his response to the order to stay back. Ivan had been there, he really did understand.

There in that moment, he felt a bit of begrudging kinship towards those near him at the moment. Simon was feeling the pain of a lost connection, such as the family that neither one of them was ever going to see again, and the dead girl at their feet. Clio, herself, was just another student who had lost her way amidst all the chaos. In spite of everything she had done, the pain and terror she had put Ivan through, he truly did feel sorry for what had to be done. Of course, it was always easier to pity the deceased.

Finally, there was Tabi.

You found it in yourself to stay with me, having witness the terrible thing I had just done. Tabi... how do you feel right now? I want to know... I need to see you.

"Don't follow me," Ivan started as he took a few steps backwards in the direction of the house. "If you try and hurt her, I'll rip off your leg and beat you to death with it." Ivan turned to enter the building. One, two... three steps, before he turned around to look at Simon once more.

"... You can have some time with... her." It was the least he could offer, the smallest token of kindness and sympathy before stepping into the house to find Tabi. The gun had been left on the floor in the doorway, where Tabi had taken the shot. With three fingers, he carefully picked it up by the end of the grip and walked it over to where the other gun laid, next to a bag with Clio's name stamped onto it. Relieving himself of the weapons save for the shotgun, his own personal reminder of why life was precious, Ivan stepped before Tabi.

No matter what happens...

He knelt down to look at her. She looked so alone, hopeless... catatonic, even. It took a few seconds before his athletics experience kicked in, bringing his eyes to her dialated pupils. When Clio had slammed her to the floor, Tabi had probably gotten a concussion from the impact. Those eyes held more than just possible head trauma, though. If the pain he had felt was any indicator... Tabi would need him more than ever. Clio's words rang out one final time, jeering and laughing at his 'poor' choice of companionship. As he reached out to take her hand and help her to her feet, he would know just where he was getting all of his strength from.

I need you to not be afraid.

Because...
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

... Simon chose retreat. There was a part of him that so badly wanted to run at Ivan and kill him right back, even though he couldn't have been responsible for Clio's death, but there were two things working against that: first, there was the shotgun. Simon didn't know how far he was going to get, but the only answer he could think of was "not very." Second, Simon had to swallow the bitter pill that Clio wasn't a helpless victim - in fact, Clio was clearly the aggressor, and Simon's (un)timely intervention had probably saved two people.

"Don't follow me. If you try and hurt her, I'll rip off your leg and beat you to death with it." Ivan turned to enter the building and took a few steps before turning back towards Simon.

"You can have some time with ... her." Simon looked down.

If I went after you, good sir, which I honestly thought of doing, I hope you rip off the left one. Then I could take it back and show you what pain feels like.

"Why, thanks. You're so kind," Simon mumbled sarcastically. He knelt down, putting a hand to Clio's face, and closing her eyes for the last time. He never thought he'd be doing this, or at least, not before retirement age. Simon looked at Ivan, who was with someone else, possibly the shooter. It wasn't a very good idea to sneak up on them, but then again, it felt so right. Simon just sighed as he stood up, adjusted his bags, and walked out of there, a somber resolve on his face as he remembered Clio's final moments.

I'm going to live through this game, Clio. For you.

((Simon Telamon continued in And I Need You To Recover ...))

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
GregTheAnti-Viking†

Tabitha Gweneth was trying to lose herself in the shag carpet. It was her attempt to clear her mind of what had just taken place. What she had seen. What she had heard.

But the smell of the gunpowder was more pungent. The sight of the blood, the sight of the eyes, more vivid. The sound of Clio's death cries, louder. The memory stronger then her attempts to bury.

She had just killed someone. It sounded so plain when you said it. It was nothing compared to the action itself. The realization of what had happened, the sudden epithany that she and she alone was responsible for killing someone. Not just anyone, it was a fellow classmate. She had killed so many people, but what justification was that? The two of them had passed each other in the halls countless times. They had shared classes togeather. And now...

Thump

Thump

Thump

Now she was gone...

Shiiink

Now the world saw what she had done...

Thump

Thump

Thump

My...

Thump

A pair of white tennis shoes now stood where she was staring. The sneakers had lost their pristine shine, but the colour was still distinguishable. The white was speckled with a barrage of colours. There were flecks of green at the toe, mixed with numerous sploches of brown, and small drops of red. Signs of a long journey, and tell tale signs that they were witnesses...

Tabitha knew who those shoes belonged to, but she did not look up. If there was one thing that she could not allow herself to do. It would be to look up. Looking up to the owner of the shoes would be the death of her...

Fingers clutched her head and started to move her. She tried to force her head back. He was trying to look at her. It couldn't happen. Not now. Anything but that.

But she was not strong enough...

Ice blue. Unmoving. Invasive. The eyes of Ivan Kuznetsov looked at her with clinical observation.

Tabitha's legs squeezed into her body. She was squeezing her chest with her arms. She tried to wiggle back, wiggle deeper into the hole of a corner, but there was no room. No place to hide.

She said nothing. She could not voice a complaint. Ivan's gaze froze her.

His hand grabbed hers. Tabitha did not flinch. It was gentle, but they were rough. Traces of cuts lingered in that hand as it firmed itself against her sweaty fingers. She felt herself being forced up and her body reluctantly lifted up to her feet.

The buzzing sound returned, causing Tabitha to blink and waver for a moment.

She saw the door...

It was only a few steps away...

Tabitha's slick hand slid its way out of Ivan's.

Tabitha ran.

Something was wrong. As she ran, the world began to slide at an angle with every step. Her body was wobbling back and forth. The sirens in her head were trying to slow her down, but she wouldn't listen. She had to break out.

And just as fast as she had sprinted away. Tabitha was falling. The carpet cushioned the blow, but that didn't stop the pain. She let out a loud cry, and tried to scramble back to her feet.

She ran again. And faster now. Tabitha fell.

She tried a third time, and still. Tabitha fell.

Tabitha did not get up this time. Her body wilted into the ground. Letting the soft carpet absorb her.

She wanted to get away...

Tabitha wanted to get away...
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

"TABI!"

He breathed her name in concern, but he could never tell if the word came out or not. At first he was horrified; Tabi had broken past his grip far faster than he could react, and he feared she might run away from him. She might run straight into one of the many dangers and death lurking all around the island, but it was more than that. If she ran away, he wouldn't be able to see her.

There was something very concerning about that.

"Tabi..."

This time the word came out. Setting the shotgun down and opening himself up for an attack if somebody had decided to arrive that very moment, he cared only to make sure the girl was okay. To see her lying on the floor, unable to move wasn't just terrifying... it was heartbreaking.

He stepped around the prone girl's form to be at her head, then lowered himself to one knee. "Tabi... we need to go. Please..." He did not wait for her to hold out a hand this time. Instead, he dipped his hands under her arms, straining to lift her. His back ached more from its fall as he did so and his teeth clenched in an attempt to thwart the pain. Slowly but surely, he'd push off his leg and rise, getting off of his knee and standing up with her.

Ivan would keep his hands near to make sure Tabi didn't fall again. One, two... three second passed and she seemed to be holding her own, so Ivan trusted himself to let her go. He still stood there, though, wondering if she might run again. What had spurred it on last time? What was she running from?

She can't be running from herself...

".... We'll talk later... just stay put a moment." Ivan said, always keeping his tone soft to her. He had to grab a few things... his shotgun, both pistols, Clio's bag... they could sort through things later. Simon had, no doubt wanted a few things from her, but there was no fucking way Ivan could just hand over any weapons. It was clear what the boy wanted to do to him or Tabi if he ever got the chance, and that was one chance he would never receive.

Packed up and ready to go, Ivan stepped back before Tabi. "If you don't want to look... close your eyes. We have to leave now." With the shotgun in one hand, and Tabi's hand in the other, Ivan led their way out of the house.

There she was, outside. They'd have to walk right by her, as luck would have it, if they wanted to get out of here the same way they came. Hesitantly, Ivan stepped nearer to Clio, wavering in his footsteps as though the girl was going to jump up and attack them yet again. It was ridiculous, of course; just like any other fallen student, Clio was never to do any of those things again. Feeling sorry for her felt out of the question, but Ivan reflected on his previous thoughts... which were all true.

She went down fighting. Went down a warrior, doing everything she could to see her family again. She did her best, and I have no right to call her a monster. Not when...

Ivan had released Tabi for a moment, muttering for her to wait a second. He dug through the bag, looking for something... anything he could...

His hand felt the cold, smooth surface of metal, and he pulled out a somewhat bloodstained sai. It would have to do... the weapon wasn't particularly sharp, and it would never be used against them if somebody happened to pick it up. He stared at it for a moment more, then pushed his glasses up his nose with his wrist.

"You can stop fighting, Clio."

He said it in Russian, lowering the sai onto the girl's stomach, then draping one of her hands over it. His respects paid, he returned to Tabi, then continued leading her away.

((Ivan Kuznetsov and Tabi Gweneth, continued in The Sound of Silence))

Return to “The Residential Area”