False Awakening

because psyche terms are kind of scientific

To the east of the mansion is another small beach, clearly a private area enjoyed by the former owners of the large building. This beach is clear of refuse, though the sand and rocks are of no higher quality than that of the northern beaches.
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

Sarah was silent, not that Roland blamed her. There's not much that could be said at this point. Apparently Dutchy didn't agree, though, because he whispered to Roland in that one other language he knew. Hearing this, like other times he heard foreign languages, made Roland feel a bit guilty that he never made the effort to learn a second one, being a member of the world's most proudly unilingual country and all. Although Scandinavian would've been a very low-priority pick if not for his friendship with Dutchy.

Meanwhile, Brendan was passed a gun from that other guy whose name Roland didn't know. Was the kid a jock? He didn't really remember seeing him anywhere. Judging by the way the others acted, he'd butted into the group rather unceremoniously and without much regard for manners. Probably wise for him not to pay too much attention to him, either. Lily wouldn't be so dismissive, but then Lily wasn't here, was she?

She needed to be here. He needed to know that she hadn't gotten into any trouble. That went for all the other activists and maybe the debate club members, too. Hell, if he were looking for some of them, he might as well look for them all.

When Brendan suggested the same thing, he nodded. "My thoughts exactly, man. We're not gonna do anyone any good standing here. It'd be for the best if we went to look for our friends."

He moved next to Sarah, looking over her shoulder at her map. "Christ, this is a big island," he said, looking at the relatively tiny buildings on it. "We should probably head for some of the man-made locations if we want to find people. I'm better that others have had the same idea."

Standing back up, he reached for his daypack again and hefted the strap on it over his shoulder. "Dutchy's right. We are the good guys. And we're not the only ones. It's not just members of the activist club, either." Again his thoughts turned to Lily, who might have been the best one of all, if his fondness for her wasn't making him exaggerate, which was likely. "I know that you want to limit our scope to other activists, Brendan, but I'd like it if we tried to meet with some other groups out there. I know they've formed, they always form, and most of them are trying to help each other out. We might be able to compare notes and shit. Whereas if we just keep to ourselves... only one of us is going to live. Best case scenario."

He gave Dutchy a smile, then looked back at Sarah. "How's it looking there? You got our location yet?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Solitair. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Gwbiii†

Post by Gwbiii† »

Sarah had stopped paying attention to the map, or her friends talking, and was focusing hard on the people down the other side of the beach. She barely heard Roland's question, muttering "y, yeah south east..." She couldn't quite make out who they were, nor what they were doing, beyond the fact that three of them seemed to be moving after a fourth who had their arm out.

One of them fell.

She flinched.

And then the echo of a gunshot.

The colour drained from Sarah's face as she looked on, it wasn't... they couldn't.

No, NO. WHY ARE THEY SHOOTING?

She had to do something, anything to make it stop.

With no time for thinking she jumped up, bumping into Brendan as she did. She folded the map as quickly as she could as she ran to grab the duffel bag, turning on her heel as she lifted it and threw the strap across her shoulder. Her other stuff was only going to slow her down, and in the very back of her mind she knew one of the people she was now running past would get it for her.

She stumbled through the sand for a few more meters before she got to the water's edge, where the softly lapping waves had firmed the ground; sprinting faster than she ever had on the football field.

((Continued in D-Day))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Gwbiiii.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Jason saw the looks from a couple of them ... they seemed surprised. Dutchy even seemed scared for a second. Brendan just took the gun and chuckled.

Yes, there are those people...Jason isn't it? Yes, there are people like that, I know, but..." he spun the cylinders.
"Ain't much they can do without ammo, huh?"

He hadn't loaded the gun? Jason didn't know whether Brendan had been careless or whether it had been deliberate but ...

Better load it, Brendan. he thought to himself. No telling who's going to come along.

He looked around. Sarah and Roland were looking at a map, trying to decide where to go. (Although to him, it didn't matter: currently, the entire island was accessible, and there was equal chance of players and allies) His mid started to wander, thinking about what was going to happen to him, when ...

BANG

Jason's mind snapped back to reality when he heard the shot.

"What the hell was that?" he exclaimed. Of course, there wasn't much room for interpretation. It was a gunshot. Someone was playing. Someone needed help. As he opened his mouth, Sarah ran off, leaving the shield she had been issued. Who was that? Who got shot? Was it one of his friends?

"We have to get over there!" Jason shouted as he picked up Sarah's shield. "We have to help!" The funny thing was, Jason couldn't get himself to move. Simply put, Jason cared too much to just stand there, but he was too scared to actually go anywhere without someone else. What if the shooter's still there?

((Jason Clarke continued in D-Day - GMing of Jason by Solitair in upcoming post approved))
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Little Boy†

Post by Little Boy† »

Dutchy for all intents and purposes, given the grim scenario he was facing, was beginning to feel better again. Tears began to trickle down his cheeks, but he was quick to wipe them away. He stared off at the ocean, listening to the peaceful surf wash in and out. Brendan and Jason stood a few feet away, and the tension seemed to be dissipating.

Dutchy grinned in joy as Brendan opened the gun to show that the chambers (At least that's what he was pretty certain they were called..) were actually empty. He nearly clapped in delight. Things were going good. Things here, for all intents and purposes were going good, and he knew it would only continue.

Hehe, Dutchy you reaaaaaaally shoulda' seen that coming. I mean, this is Brendan! Could you actually picture Brendan walking around with a loaded gun? Pfhehaha! This is, this is going to be fine. We can beat this. We can do this! Sarah is here, and she was always a perfect leader. Roland is big an' tough, and he can be all like "DE JONG KICK!" or "ZIDANE HEADBUTT!" to anyone who gets in between us an' Danya. Brendan'll keep us all in line, and Jason is... Well, he's probably funny, and he has good hair! And I can be the cheerleader guy! An' we'll- we'll get these.. these things.. off our necks. Yeah, we'll- we'll get them off. An' we'll march right into Danya's office, and Roland will hold him down and I'll be like,

"Danya the time has come! You're going to JAIL!"

Then he'll go to jail, we'll get some ice cream, and everyone will go to Þingvellir or, or the Geysir! Or both! An' we'll get Vera too, and we'll find Rashid an' Harun an' Maddy...

Dutchy glanced over at his bag and frowned. There was that pesky harpoon, laying on the ground next to his bag.

What am I going to do with a Harpoon? There are no whales around here... Not that I even like hurting whales. I wonder if Sarah has ever seen a whale before? That's odd. They're nice. I remember when we went Whale Watching in in, that city- Vancover! Around that place! That was so cool! Whales! What the heck am I going to do with a Harpoon?

Dutchy hefted up the object and looked at it confused before the answer dawned on him. Turning towards Roland, he plopped down on the beach next to him smiling.

"Afsakið! Fyrirgefðu! Sorry to butt in Rolly, but well," He handed his spear over, laying it next to the larger boy. He grinned wide at him. "I don't think I'd be much of a use with this. So you can take this! Because then if we run into anyone you can..."

Dutchy paused for a second, his mind grinding to a halt. He began to realize what he was subconsciously implying, and he tripped over his words trying to correct himself.

"You can wave it at them, and then they'll get scared an' run!" Dutchy nodded. "Yes, that's what you'll do. Because y'know, we can't hurt anyone. Everyone is... everyone here is probably just as confused as us. This may be SotF, but I can't think of anyone who'd actually, who'd y'know just go ALONG with it. I can see it now. We just need this to like, show people that we're- yeah, you know what I mean. You- you keep this Roland..."

He looked the boy in the eye, suddenly nervous.

Maybe, this isn't a good idea... I.. I wouldn't really hurt anyone with this, and maybe Roland.. no, no, this is Roland! He's not gonna hurt anyone. He knows we can't actually hurt anyone. This is just for, show. He knows that. He.. but.., no, he'd be better with it then me.. He knows how to use it... but, we can't use it. So, so what're... What am I trying to say? I'm not suggesting we, no no I'm not suggesting that! No, I didn't even think that!

"Look uhm, Roland, you know we can't actually HURT anyone with this. You- you get that. Yes... Just... Just, this is just for assurance an' stuff.. I- I know I can trust you not to, to actually hurt someone... Because, because y'know, it's not like the Comics', it's... y'know, I know I can trust you righ-"

BANG.

The shot caused Dutchy to shout out in panic, the colour once more draining from his face. He leaped up and skittered a few paces away from the group, holding his hands over his thumping chest.

"What, what was! Brendan was...!?" He looked over towards his friends.

No no, that gun is empty. No one is hurt. But a gun, I heard a gun! Someone is hurting people!

Dutchy looked around wild eyed at them, the panic growing.

A gun! Someone fired a gun! That's what it was! A popping, just like.. the room... Mrs. Bishop, just like that! Just like that! A gun!

Sarah started running down the beach. At first, Dutchy thought she had the same reaction as him, to bolt at the noise. And frankly, Dutchy felt disappointment bubbling up inside him. Disappointment and fear.

I'm not the leader, I'm allowed to be scared! She can't be scared! If Sarah is scared, we're, we're all gonna get scared! Where is she going?! Is she leaving me!? Is she going to leave me!? No, no! We're friends she wouldn't run an' just leave me, she- she- we're, we're half here, she can't just run we need to find the others, we need help, we need to get OUT OF HERE!

Dutchy nearly screamed in terror, before he spotted the figures farther down the beach. It was too far to see clearly but... His heart caught in his chest as the realization struck him.

Someone got hurt! Someone is- that's where it's from, that person is hurt! I- I'm- Sarah! She's going to help them! I need to- I can't just watch and...

A look of determination crossed the boys' face. Dutchy ran over towards his bags and tore open the Duffel Bag marked B139. He began to toss the contents out upon the sand with reckless abandon, not stopping to consider what he was throwing around. Finally however he located it. A med kit.

Time to be the good guys' Dutchy!

Looking at the others standing on the beach, he shouted and gestured. "Guys, come'on we gotta- gotta, c'mon!" With that he turned and began to run.

Grabbing the case, Dutchy took off at a breakneck pace down the beach after Sarah. His legs burned, and he could barely keep his footing but he never once looked back. He knew what he had to do.

I gotta help Sarah, we gotta, gotta- gotta run! Gotta' help! Please, don't be dead, please don't be hurt!

(Orn "Dutchy" Ayers continued in D-Day))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Little Boy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Roland said the equivalent of agreeing and disagreeing with what he said. Brendan didn't have any intention of ONLY finding Vera, Harun, Rasshid, and Madelyn; he just needed to make sure that all their mutual friends were safe before he started to look for his.

And his were the most important to him right now.

BANG.

Brendan's eyes flew to attention. Crap crap crap CRAP!

"Oh god, did she find me?" Brendan almost yelled out, before realising that the shot wasn't that far away. Further up the beach, four figures became three, then the three became two as the other one disappeared. It was girl, he could have sworn it. But...it wasn't Clio. She hadn't hunted him down or anything, this was....someone else playing.

Everyone was quick to react. Sarah collided with Brendan in an attempt to get her things, almost knocking him over. She grabbed her bag, leaving behind a large riot sheild and ran. As did Dutchy, who almost tore apart his entire bag just to find a medkit.

Brendan wanted to cry out, to tell him to stop being so careless. He knew he was thinking like a player, like someone who was strategic, manipulative, and would stop at nothing to win. But...he could always share food. He had enough. He wasn't used to sharing, but it could work.

This pondering made him forget that someone was obviously hurt now.

Grabbing the remains of Dutchy's bag, he ran after the other two, his stride larger than the fastest he had ever run. But...as well as he knew, some people were going to be playing. And Jason was right in a way - not everyone was honest.

As he ran, he threw his hand into his bag, and found the small box of .44mm slugs. Drawing out six of them, he carefully slotted them into the gun, and threw everything back where it was supposed to be, the gun clicking in place.

These guys have nothing. Sarah has a shield, Roland has the joke of a weapon like I still carry around, and Dutchy had that...harpoon. I'm the only one with anything real to defend them. I need to step up, take control. I'll protect them with my life, so help me, or I'll die trying.

"Hey! Wait up!" Brendan yelled after them.

Step up, Brendan. Step up.

((Brendan Wallace continued in D-Day))
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Solitair†

Post by Solitair† »

Roland wrapped up his miniature speech at about the same moment that Dutchy offered him his harpoon. This gesture stunned Roland at first, but then Dutchy began to reveal his rationale and Roland began to feel distinctly uncomfortable as a result. Actually, uncomfortable was putting it mildly. He'd forgotten that Dutchy was the most dedicated pacifist Roland knew, mostly because Dutchy couldn't stand bloodshed at all. The boy had a very fragile mindset when it came to that sort of thing, and Roland knew that eventually they'd all have to face it. With a trembling hand, he reached for Dutchy's harpoon and grasped it, transferring ownership in an instant. It'd definitely be more handy than that stupid tennis racket, and if he had to use it lethally, he would, even if that meant losing Dutchy's trust.

Wouldn't he?

He didn't explore the thought any further on account of the loud gunshot that echoed from further down the beach. The sound sent the group into a panic; Sarah quickly grabbed a bag and ran towards the sound while Dutchy scattered his possessions in order to find a first aid kit, quickly following her. Brenden went next, taking up some of Dutchy's things before vacating. In seconds Roland was left alone with Jason, the one kid who didn't quite fit and now further distinguished himself with his paralyzing fear.

"For fuck's sake, man! Let's get a move on!" Roland got his bag ready and made his way to the rest of the group, carrying the racket, harpoon, and hoodie in his arms, which slowed him down. One look back told him that he'd managed to snap Jason out of his trance, getting the guy to follow him.

He hoped the five of them were enough to solve this problem.

((Roland Hayes continued in D-Day))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Solitair. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Beach: East”