flashover

Calling for Kotorikun!

Here is where all threads set in the past belong. This is the place to post your characters' memories, good or bad, major or insignificant. Handlers may have one active memory thread at the same time as their normal active present-day thread. Memory one-shots are always acceptable.
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

"Are you saying I have to wait years for my prize?" Declyn asked, implying he would be the one to win at the end. Cecil going along with the more or less serious, but more "less" than "more", bet was delighting for him. Even if they were just playing around, Declyn promised himself that he wasn't going to forget about this. He was going to remember and write it down. He hadn't given any thought about a prize, but that could be put on hold for now.

"Wait, let's go over here..." Declyn swam to the edge that was closest to them to hold onto it with both hands. Better. His fingers tapped against the ground until he laced them together, resting his head on them, looking off into the distance thoughtfully. This was quite deep actually, thinking about the future and all. Declyn didn't really know any details about Cecil's plans. His family business was known though.

"Okay, I can clearly see it now. Almost." He squinted his eyes, smirking slightly. "After you achieve your goals in life....— Oh, did you know there's this thing called post-achievement depression? It's like the cliche about how it's always about the journey, not the destination. 'What do I do now?', sort of. I don't think it lasts very long." He turned his head towards Cecil with a smile that said, "So please don't worry about it."

"Anyway. When you achieve them, you'll be faaaaar away from here. And you will have one kid. One kid at that time, not saying it's going to be the only one. And—I feel very strongly about this one—,"

Declyn made sure to take a deep breath.

"One day, when you are on your way to a very important meeting.... something will fall onto your head and ruin your perfect hairstyle."
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

Following Declyn to the edge of the pool, Cecil observed him with an amused smirk as he starts doing his thing. The fact that Declyn's the one that's concentrating on something and he's the one making himself comfortable while waiting definitely made it a rather surreal situation to Cecil, one that he's very hyper-aware of. The intense feeling of just complete wrongness towards the whole thing was rapidly rising up, as if catching him in a criminal act and about to swiftly dole out the punishment. The inward chants of What are you doing? kept repeating in his head, and just as when he considered planning to find a way to continue swimming practice alone after this stupid useless pointless future thing with Declyn, Declyn had spoke of his prophesied future, back to this funny lighthearted little thing concerning a bet about his future.

Post-achievement depression?

"Yes, that makes sense," he nodded solemnly. That one definitely sounds inevitable. He's more surprised at the reassurance Declyn tried to get to him, which he sloppily responded with an unintentionally uneasy smile back.

But Declyn kept going about his post-achievements future, and the image he's trying to paint in Cecil's mind sounds...pretty good so far, in a sense that that kind of future seems about right for what's supposed to be next after he reaches the destined top. "A kid of my own," he murmured quietly. It's not something he thought about often, but it makes sense, of course. That means having to build his own family, and another child having to learn how to manage their company, and by that time, Cecil's gonna be the one guiding them. Although that also means Cecil has to make sure everything's ready for that child, and he himself should be ready to take that on so that his family wouldn't have too much problems.

It seems that the series of events of his future is finally reaching his climax...

...which Declyn reveals to be something Cecil could imagine himself losing his shit over. That scenario is definitely a disaster.

It didn't stop him from bursting out in laughter, mostly to cover up the horror from imagining a situation like that, although the humor isn't lost in Cecil. Recovering quickly, he tried to speak with dignity.

"I'm already freaking out just from the thought of it. At least I've got the time to work out on how I'm still gonna attend that meeting while still looking flawless decent, but you've also just condemned me to a life of having to always look my way up."
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

“Only on days where you have a meeting. And hey, maybe you’ll discover a new look for yourself.”

Mark your calendars. The future belongs to you.

It felt good to get a laugh out of Cecil. Like, boom, look at that picture-book smile. Declyn hoped to see more of that. He rubbed his hands against the ground before he pushed himself away from the edge along with the help of his feet. The desire to become a better swimmer wasn’t there, at least not yet, but Declyn could see himself doing this more often to do his body a favor. Preferably with company.

“I think I can handle another round.....” Now that he had recollected some strength, he wanted to use it. “Let’s see?”

He took off with a rather casual breaststroke, looking back at Cecil with a happy expression before turning his head straight forward.

No matter where the future may take him, he wanted to remember this day.

[Declyn continued in You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue]
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

He smiled back at Declyn’s cheerful smile before Declyn swam forward again while Cecil watched over him for a brief moment. Having Declyn’s back turned from him left his own smile to falter, and the more distance he makes from him, the more that guilt and urge to stop whatever it is he’s doing right now threaten to burst from inside him.

Just a moment ago he was rigorously training himself more than usual for an upcoming swimming competition, and yet, Cecil had a feeling that the most vivid thing he will remember about this moment is spending time with Declyn, swimming with Declyn, wasting time with Declyn…

He sighed quietly. He could be training right now, as he’s pretty sure he has rested well more than enough, but instead here he was, trying to teach this boy how to do a proper breaststroke. Cecil would admit that that’s his own fault though, because he really did want to help Declyn.

But the only thing he’s annoyed about is the fact that he’s not annoyed about it.

I had a good time, he realized.

Well then. He did say this could be training for him, too. He started moving, rapidly catching up to Declyn.

I’ll definitely make up for lost time once Declyn leaves, he decided.

He ignores the thoughts of wanting this light feeling in his chest to last a little longer.

((Cecil Salazar-Loveless continued in just let them think there's no place else you'd rather be))

Return to “Memories from the Past”