Soar

Closed - Grim Wolf and Decoy73

Wanna roleplay out those big events? House parties, football games, wrestling matches, and even prom can all be found right here! Feel free to post your own events, and make sure to jump into others as well!
daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

Kale was caught some where between a smile and a concerned look.

"You sure, man?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler daybreak. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

"Like I got a choice?" David asked, as Kale stuck close, looking anxious. "I tried to show off and I got beat. It happens." David believed in karma. He had tried to show off--had tried to vault off a rooftop and tumble down some crates. And the cosmic forces-that-be had ruled that for his attempt, he'd suffer.

David wasn't a particularly religious guy, but he believed that when you did something you shouldn't and got burned for it, you should suffer the consequences.

"A few hours on a hurt ankle won't kill me," David continued easily. "Hell, I once ran on a hurt ankle and it didn't kill me." He waved him on. "Finish your parkour with Jason. I'll see you at the varsity."
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

"I tried to show off and I got beat. It happens."

Kale got that. It's about an athlete's pride more than a bruised ankle. Sometimes just forgetting what's around, or who's watching that ends up so much better for one's health.

"Finish your parkour with Jason. I'll see you at the varsity."

"Gotta fix up his hand first..." Kale pointed out.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler daybreak. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Jason looked at David as he ran up. There was a noticeable limp in his stride. That jump onto the crates didn't go as cleanly as Jason had originally thought.

"I tried to show off and I got beat. It happens."

You sprained your ankle. That's a lot better than what would have happened to me. Jason was slightly impressed at how David had managed to take the injury.

"Finish your parkour with Jason. I'll see you at the Varsity." Kale took a look at Jason.

"Gotta fix up his hand first..." Jason looked at his hand. There was some red welling up where the scrape was. He hadn't noticed that. He looked at Kale.

"Wow. Thanks, Kale." Jason replied. He flicked his hand around a little, to take his mind off the stinging. "I have to admit, David. If I had tried the crates, I would be crawling to the Varsity."
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

"Wow. Thanks, Kale." The runner shrugged lightly.

"Don't mention it. You guys are on the track team...so it's kinda important that you don't get hurt too bad." He cracked a grin and started tending to the graze, taking care not to bandage it too tightly.

"I have to admit, David. If I had tried the crates, I would be crawling to the Varsity." Kale looked between the two, smiling a little too himself. There was kind of comradeship he sensed. Athletes pushing eachother on and finding eachother's strengths. He often felt like that with his Parkour group, they were always urging him further.

"You guys are doing fine...I hurt myself so badly when I first started...The first year; I broke about five different bones. Always had a cast, yeah..." he put away the guaze and grinned. "You guys are doing alright."
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"You guys are doing fine...I hurt myself so badly when I first started...The first year; I broke about five different bones. Always had a cast, yeah ... You guys are doing alright."

Jason's eyes widened at that statement, whistling in amazement. Five bones in one year? That would certainly make the physical rehabilitation complicated. Jason just chuckled.

"Wow." He looked at the spot that Kale had bandaged. On the heel of his hand was now a small gauze pad, its white pigment standing out clearly against the light brown of his skin. "That's ... impressive. Just wondering: those bones have healed up properly, no?" Jason smirked. "Because I don't think we're very far from the Varsity. Hope you can catch up!" He took off, only glancing back to yell "See ya there!"

((Jason Clarke continued in Let's Do the Time Warp Again))
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

"That's ... impressive. Just wondering: those bones have healed up properly, no? Because I don't think we're very far from the Varsity. Hope you can catch up! See ya there!"

Kale laughed as he watched him sprint off.

"He can have this one," he said with a smile from ear to ear. "Just as well, yeah?" The Traceur trotted back over to David. "Will you be alright?"
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

David snorted. "Don't worry about me. Get out of here."

Still, he couldn't help but feel pleased. His little crate-vaulting escapade had hurt him, and for all his faith in karma he had been filling a bit irritated. But the idea that Kale had suffered so much worse than him...it encouraged him, a little.

"Get out of here, Kale," he repeated, laughing a little more as he gingerly put some weight on his ankle. "You want the Brit to win unopposed? At least make him sweat for it."
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
daybreak†

Post by daybreak† »

Kale grinned.

"Alright. I'll see you, yeah?"

It was all he needed, and he was off sprinting towards the Varsity in a heartbeat.

((Kale Richardson continued in Let's Do the Time Warp Again))

Return to “Events”