It's Nothing Like Kill Bill

Day 5; Immediately post-announcements; Open! - Caution: graphic bodily functions going on in here.

The temple is a rather ornately constructed building featuring a large mural depicting a rising sun over and across the entrance doors. However, once you step inside, the luster vanishes. The time it has been left abandoned is beginning to take its toll as the building is very musty. Rows of mildewy cushions are arranged in a semi-circle, all facing a large painting of an angel on the back wall that has worn away to such a degree the face is no longer visible. Large rectangular panels of silk fabric also hang from the walls and across the ceiling, although these too show signs of mold growth.
Slam

It's Nothing Like Kill Bill

Post by Slam »

((Lucas Brady continued from We Don't Need Another Song About California))

Lucas was going to die. He knew he was going to die. He was definitely going to die.

Everything ached from all the hiking and beatings and fighting. His crotch, leg and foot itched from being drenched in urine. He stank to high heaven. His stomach howled in its empty pain. How he’d made it as far as the cliffs, he had no idea. Adrenaline? Insanity? Either were possible, given what he’d left behind, but betting odds were on the latter.

He’d managed to stave off thirst through a stray stream in his journey. It was running water, so it was clean, right? He’d been fishing enough to know that made it safe to drink. He knew how to survive. If he had a fishing rod, he could have food and he’d be fine and he’d go home and all of this would just be a bad dream.

He’d passed out somewhere. Didn’t even remember being asleep. He was still in the dream when he woke up. And he woke up to the agonising cramps that signalled the breaking of his bowels. He had diarrhoea.

He openly wept as he hiked towards the building in the distance. He’d had to stop repeatedly, but the thinking as he’d squatted only made him feel worse. If he was shitting this much, then he was in even more danger than this fucking piece of shit island put him in. He was going to dehydrate, and fast. He didn’t have any food. He didn’t have any map. If the place became a danger zone, his neck would blow open right under his head before he could even stand up straight. If it already was one, then he didn’t think he’d even be to run back out again. The fact that it had just finished being one was far from rational thought.

He’d staggered towards the temple in the distance, because it was a building and he was so tired of being outside. Even with the air so refreshingly clean, he’d been pumping through his inhaler so often to avoid adding suffocation to his list of worries. He just wanted to sit down, without needing to rush up to relieve himself.

He just wanted to sit down.

He pushed weakly past the doors. He thought it might’ve been a church, which would’ve been nice. He’d liked going to church until he’d gotten too old and too busy with politics. He fell to his knees inside.

He saw the charms scattered across the floor. Tiny morsels.

He didn’t stop to think. His belly refused to let him. He just crawled forwards and started hoovering them up, one by one by one. He didn’t even stop to brush them clean.
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"What the hell are you doing, Lucas...?"

Okay, this time he hadn't said it in a cruel manner and he said the words in a more softer tone. It felt a bit strange for him to be more polite-ish to this guy who was crawling all over the floor and it looking like he was picking up some dirty-looking marshmallows that were on the ground in front of the other boy. That was pretty fucking gross. But honestly, it shouldn't be a surprise that people were getting more desperate for food supplies and he knew that he was running more lower on his own supplies.

((Emmett Bunnell continued from RICKETY_CARNIVAL))

Emmett and Cecil had search high and low for Declyn all day yesterday and they still had no luck in finding him on the stupid murder island. Emmett had been somewhat relieved that they had not encounter anyone else for the rest of the day and Emmett knew that he couldn't handle being around other people that well. He still felt like he wanted to scream, he wanted to punch and hit something out of anger and he also wanted to cry over everything once again. He couldn't do it front of Cecil anymore as he needed to focus on his goal of killing Lorenzo and he knew that it would be wrong for him to do so. But he was really afraid of letting Lorenzo hurt anyone else and Emmett knew that it had been his fault that that green freak had gotten Emil's tracker. Emmett just hoping that he wasn't going to be too late to avenge Emil and Sapphire. Hell! If someone else took Lorenzo out, then he would be fucking happy.... As long as it wasn't Quinn, Blaise or Erika.

Emmett didn't know why he had felt himself being drawn to the temple and he kept on glancing behind him. He didn't want to risk the chance of someone getting the upper hand on him and Cecil with a sneak attack and he was feeling more on edge with letting his guard down. He noticed that the doors were slightly open and he cautiously knocked it open more with his shoulder. He had then noticed the pitiful boy on the ground with disgusting-looking marshmallows and this was now where he and Cecil were currently standing in just the doorway. Just in case something was going to happen.

"I don't think you should eat those." Emmett said casually as he had the gun lowered to his side and he was watching Lucas carefully, making sure that the other boy wasn't about to do something stupid. Like try to attack them. The ones with a gun and a knife. "Fuck...."
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

((Cecil Salazar-Loveless continued from RICKETY_CARNIVAL))

Cecil’s time with Emmett without Emil had been almost pretty uneventful, Emmett’s questionable views on how to approach people with guns notwithstanding. It was still a short time to completely tell it like it was, but Cecil could say that he appreciated the time-off, even if he kept expecting danger to come up in every corner. Unfortunately, that also meant minimal progress on finding Declyn, and his absence couldn’t be felt any stronger now that he could say for sure that one of Room 709 was very much dead.

Nonetheless, he had to keep going. Keep pretending that he had already casted his doubts on the back of his head.

Emmett had led him to the temple, and in turn also led him to a miserable and nauseating sight.

Gervais vomiting on him was disgusting. This was way, way beyond that. And yet, he couldn’t bring himself to look away and remove himself from this uncomfortable situation, no matter how much he really wanted to.

Cecil was only vaguely aware about Lucas Brady and that thing on Facebook he decidedly and thankfully missed out on, but this is just…

He saw a boy desperately eating dirty marshmallows on the floor, smelled the stink in the air, and felt revulsion as basic instinct.

Pity came soon after, pain blossoming on his chest at the sad sight.

And then came fear. Will I become like that?

Cecil finally tore his eyes away, turning his attention back to Emmett, who decided to start a conversation with the poor creature. Did Cecil disapprove? Maybe, but only because he just wanted to leave and pretend to forget that he saw what he saw, for the sake of everyone present. But Cecil did think that Lucas seemed…harmless. For now.

Naturally, he didn’t trust it.

Maybe he’s more dangerous than ever.

He stared at him again, his grip on his knife tight as he waited for the response to Emmett.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Lucas almost choked on his current marshmallow when Emmett spoke up behind him. He rolled over, staring at the two people in the doorway. The two obviously armed people. He could not put names to the faces in his state.

He scurried backwards, eyes already welling up. He swallowed the food in his mouth, uncomfortably and flavorlessly, to clear the way for whining.

“Don’t hurt me!” he wailed, a high-pitched shriek that filled the room. He wanted to reach for something to defend himself, but of course he had nothing. Not even his trusty rocks could save him now. “Please! Don’t hurt me!”

Knowing there was no way to defend himself, he took the small mammal approach and rolled over onto his side, curling up into a tiny foetal ball. He sobbed into his arm as he waited for the inevitable beatdown, pleading his case if only to whine some more at the world that found such pleasure in tormenting him. It mattered not who was listening.

“They took my stuff! And they beat me up! And I’m hungry, and I don’t have any water! And I’m sick! I don’t want to die! Don’t kill me, please!”
[+] Dead V7 Kids
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Holy shit! Lucas... Lucas Brady? Yeah, that one who did something shitty on facebook and I was not getting involved in that messed-up drama. And Lucas doesn't smell very nice right now. Well, most of us don't anyway. But fuck, Lucas is making me gag a little....

Emmett raised his free hand up in a non-threatening manner but he was staying right by the doorway and he didn't want to scare Lucas even more than necessary. It was kind of strange to see someone more scared of him and he realized that things were just getting more worse and worse on the island. Emmett wasn't happy to be seen as a presence that was bad just because of him holding a gun and he wondered how the fuck he was supposed to deal with Lucas being a cowering mess in front of him and his partner. He had to take the nice approach, didn't he? Goddammit...

"Lucas, chill. We're not going to hurt you." Emmett said honestly, glancing at Cecil to make sure that he was on the same page and he looked back at a scared Lucas on the floor. "We're just looking for other people right now and we decided to have a look in here. Sorry if we scared you, Lucas. Shit, sounds like you had a bad fucking time. If you want some food and water.... I guess I could give you some."

Emmett shrugged his shoulders and he wondered when the announcement would start. He was not looking forward to hearing more deaths.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

Cecil had to admit that the sight of someone pathetically begging for their lives almost easily broke his resolve to stay on guard, which was all the more reason to stay vigilant. Nonetheless, the pitiful act still worked, because he definitely felt a bit bad about it, if not a little assured that someone was deferring to them as the ones in position of power. Or to be more specific, he briefly glanced at his knife and Emmett’s gun. In possession of weapons.

As usual, Emmett took the initiative to approach. He was definitely a lot gentler than yesterday, which was a plus. Cecil found the fact that Emmett was now the openly diplomatic one out of them a bit ironic. From the short time Cecil had been with him, he would’ve expected this more kindly approach from Emil.

He merely raised an eyebrow when Emmett checked on him about not hurting Lucas, as if to say, Fair enough, but you’d better be careful.

And then he offered to give the hungry and beaten boy some food, and Cecil couldn’t help himself as he quickly gave his companion a sharp look.

“Emmett.”

His tone was just as sharp, a warning, but he tried to make sure that he didn’t sound like he was forbidding Emmett from making his own decisions. If he wants to share his food, then fine. But there was an unspoken question from the way he called his name. Rather than outright disapproval, because even Cecil can’t find it in himself to completely reject and ignore Lucas’s state, there was an Are you sure about this? An uncertainty.

Looking back at Lucas and seeing it for himself again just how bad he was doing, he sighed.

“Who did this to you?” he asked, sadly staring at him.
Slam

Post by Slam »

“You’re..you’re not?”

Lucas lifted his head out of his turtle shell, staring up at Emmett and Cecil with wide eyes. The idea that someone would choose not hurt him had become a distant memory, not even twenty-four hours after he had had his life spared for no other reason. He lifted even higher at the prospect of free food, moving to his knees. He could even have been mistaken for smiling, the way you might think a ravenous dog was grinning at you.

His mouth opened, to insist that they had to give him some food, because he was dying and he needed it, but he was interrupted. Even in his famished, dehydrated stated, he could read Emmett’s warning for what it meant. It meant that he wasn’t going to get food, or water, two things he so sorely needed. It meant he might have gotten shot, or stabbed, or humiliated. It made him angry.

“It doesn’t matter who did it! I’m going to die if I don’t get something to eat and drink soon! You have to help me!”

He gritted his teeth, feeling the twinge in his throat. Rest had eased its hoarseness, but yelling was still uncomfortable, and his parched state only made it worse. He wanted to pound the floor with his fists, a childish tantrum to ease the frustration, but he was too exhausted and too self-conscious. His stomach growled loudly. He considered just charging them, even if they did have a gun and a knife and several feet on him.

He held back. Swallowed his emotions, if only barely. He had to placate them, so he thought of the only two names he could remember in recent history.

“It was Andy and Abe. They attacked me and stole my stuff, OK? Now can I have some food?”
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Emmett raised an eyebrow at how surprised Lucas was about not getting beaten up by him and Cecil and it made him wonder what the hell would have caused him to think they would. Okay, sure. Cecil had gotten into a fight with Gervais on the first day but that was to get a gun away from that crazy motherfucker and Emmett honestly thought that that was a smart move for the other boy to do. Emmett himself.... Just thinking about Lorenzo was bringing back bad memories and Emmett was going to block out those images again.

Emmett heard Cecil's tone beside him and it made Emmett turn his head slightly to look at him. Before he could even say anything to the other guy; Lucas was speaking once again and Emmett found himself staring back at him, frowning slightly. His eyes blinked quicker a few times as Lucas mentioned Andy (and Abe) as being the ones to beat him up and taking his stuff. Now Emmett knew that Andy did have a bad temper like him and it kind of didn't surprise him that Andy wouldn't get into a fight with someone else. But stealing...? He didn't know how to feel about that and he knew that people would get desperate for supplies. What the fuck was he supposed to think about this?

This freaking sucks! I've been wanting to find Andy and now I just.... Fuck.... What the fuck am I supposed to do now?

"Wait...."

Emmett raised his hand as if he was giving Lucas a timeout and he was mulling over in his mind what he wanted to say next.

"I'll give you something in a minute or whatever, Lucas. Just... Andy. Andy took your stuff?" Emmett asked in a slightly confused, questioning tone of voice that was sounding a bit upset and he cleared his throat to be able to speak more clearly for the others. "I've been trying to look for him so that I could uh.... talk to him about something. Could you tell me when you-"

Emmett suddenly heard a voice interrupting him and he found himself getting irritated and nervous.

The announcement was starting up now and he was dreading what he was about to hear.
[+] V7
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

Cecil merely raised an eyebrow as Lucas took on a more impudent tone, pretty much demanding for supplies. Even when he did answer his question of who was responsible for his misfortune, his obvious impatience, while understandable, still easily rubbed him the wrong way. He still pitied him, but the annoyance was easily there.

Nevertheless, at least he got more names to watch out for, despite that looming possibility that Lucas was lying to them. Andy and Abe, huh? He sighed again, this time in disappointment as he once again couldn’t conjure any specific or definite faces for them from his memories. I don’t know them, but good to know. Better safe than sorry.

He turned his attention back to Emmett, waiting for his decision. Cecil didn’t have the conviction to stop him even if he wouldn’t be happy with what Emmett will do, as he himself wasn’t even completely sure what was the right thing to do anymore. His mind had been a rather floaty jumbled mess since…well…a few things only vividly clear to him through the haze. And so, he muster as much detachment as he could from whatever was going to be the outcome from this encounter.

Cecil was surprised to see that Emmett was…troubled. It seemed like he knew this Andy to some extent, obviously disheartened about him presumably having reduced Lucas to such a state, then Cecil remembered Emmett’s ex-boyfriend Adonis having already killed someone according to the announcements, and Looks like Emmett will still be having a harder time, he thought with a wince.

And then the morning announcements started. Well then.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Lucas’s anger at Emmett grew. Why shouldn’t he believe him? Andy was a complete prick, and now he was a dead prick. He was right that Andy had attacked him, it had just happened a few days earlier. Meanwhile, he was stood there in obvious distress, and he had never given this guy a reason to distrust him, so why wasn’t he giving him the food already?!

Both of their trains were derailed by the announcement, loud and clear even within the temple. Lucas listened closely, a routine he’d developed over the last three days, only for it to occur to him moments later what the obvious problem with this situation was, as images of Andy’s corpse, branch through the eye and all, flashed in his mind.

He got to his feet, starting to breathe heavily as he broke into another sweat, the guilt already plastered all over his face. The other two were blocking the door; he couldn’t get out that way. Was there another exit? Not one that he could see, and hence make a break for. Could he fight his way out? The outcome of that thought hadn’t changed in the last five seconds. Why did people keep ganging up on him?!

He took a defensive step backwards, before the announcements had revealed why he’d do such a thing. He kept on panting, his stomach starting to cramp again. He gripped it in pain, looking down at his mess of a body and begging it not to make things even worse.

The testimony kept on going, as he started to double over and crouch again. Empty rumbling was replaced with gurgling, an ominous sign of things to come. The announcement continued, unphased by his plight, as his name failed to come out. It went on so long; had he been omitted? Had Andy survived somehow? It was little comfort, as Lucas’ stomach kept on twisting.

The biggest lurch came as his crime was finally exposed. It took everything he had to avoid soiling himself to go along with his soiled name.

“Can I go outside please?!” he begged. Very little else mattered right now.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

God, listening to these shitty announcements never does get easy.... Please, please, don't let anyone I care about be on it. I swear to fucking god...!

Emmett was now listening with silence and he felt his heart already starting to sink once more. Julien, the guy he had pretty much called a beautiful God at Swiftball in his mind, had killed someone and he wasn't sure how his mind was supposed to process that. Justin had another kill added to his list. Quinn with only two this time, but she was still a big threat and he would make sure to shoot her on sight if he ever run into her at some point. Now Erika.... Four fucking kills. What in the ever loving fuck was Erika doing? Emmett didn't think he could make any excuses for her behaviour anymore and if he saw her again.... He honestly didn't know what he would do. All he could feel towards Erika now was anger, sadness and disappointment and he didn't know what else to do with those emotions that he was feeling all at once. And of course! Marco just had to go and kill Ariana, didn't he? With a fucking chainsaw too. What the hell, Marco?! Okay, his former friend really needed to be put down for his actions and Emmett was not going to let anyone else fight his battles for him anymore.

Emmett's heart was feeling heavy with all that he had to hear and he was about say something before he heard the last two names on the announcement.

"Then to finish us off, Lucas Brady rammed a branch into Coriander Silverman. Points for improvisation, if not for style."

Emmett stared with Lucas with complete hatred present in his cold, dead eyes.

"No."

Emmett raised the gun and he aimed it right at Lucas, his face was set in a blank, stoic expression.

"Give me a reason...."

"Give me a FUCKING reason to not shoot you for what you did, Lucas!"
[+] V7
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

At this point, Declyn's was the only name that Cecil gave a damn about, but before he could let himself feel relieved at the fact that he was probably still alive somewhere, Lucas had to go and lie to their faces just as the announcements immediately set him straight.

Well fuck. All the pity that Cecil had felt for Lucas had pretty much disappeared by then. Looks like my first instinct wasn't wrong after all.

He blinked at Lucas's instant plead for a speedy exit, his hand automatically up to aim his ballistic knife at his direction. It was just as then that he realized that Emmett was already losing it.

He almost jumped, startled at Emmett's suddenly violent reaction, realizing that he cared for this Coriander Silverman a lot more than he thought.

This situation seemed like something he should stay away from, or at least something he should let Emmett himself handle, but things weren't really the same as back home in this island. Cecil wanted nothing more than just leave and get away from the pathetic murderer in front of them, but if Emmett chose to confront him, and with the both of them armed and against someone who wasn't and obviously weak, well, then Cecil supposed he could choose to support Emmett in this.

"Don't move. Not a step closer," he blankly warned Lucas.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Lucas strained under the weight of the gun and the weight of his gut, and he fell onto his face on the floor.

It wasn’t fair that everything hurt so much. It wasn’t fair that he had to have a gun in his face for what he did so soon after the fact. It wasn’t fair that two people had ganged up on him when he was sick. It wasn’t fair that he still didn’t have a good weapon to assert himself. It wasn’t fair that he was about to shit his pants. It wasn’t fair that other killers on the island were getting away scot free and winning. It wasn’t fair that he was on this stupid island in the first place. It wasn’t fair that he’d lost the student election to a fucking special ed kid. It wasn’t fair that his grandfather who he loved so much had got pneumonia and almost died. It wasn’t fair that everyone had made fun of him on the internet. It wasn’t fair that he was never going to study at his dream college. It wasn’t fair that he was hungry and thirsty. It wasn’t fair that he was cold. It wasn’t fair that he really needed a shower. It wasn’t fair that the marshmallows had tasted like dirt and crud. It wasn’t fair that he hadn’t even won a fair fight in his life. It wasn’t fair that his sister had kicked him in the balls that one time. It wasn’t fair that he had asthma. It wasn’t fair that he was short. It wasn’t fair that he had lost in a dick contest. It wasn’t fair that Faith liked a steroid freak more than him. It wasn’t fair that he couldn’t think of more things that weren’t fair.

He stayed there, forehead pressed into the ground, whimpering in agony. He clutched his belly, not even bothering to defend his unfair existence.
[+] Dead V7 Kids
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Emmett didn't like how Lucas was acting in front of him and all he could think of was how weak and pathetic the other boy was looking. Emmett was still fucking angry and he was getting tired of everyone's bullshit. He wished that he could just fill Lucas' body with bullets but then he saw Emil's face for a brief second and he felt the anger starting to deflate a little. He was still feel so lost and sad and he just couldn't blame that Andy was really gone. He never got a chance to apologize for being a fucking idiot with Lorenzo and Lucas had just taken that chance away from Emmett. He was with a killer right now....

Why couldn't he just pull the fucking trigger on this shitty bastard?!

"Dammit...."

Emmett felt his expression soften a little as he was staring at the boy on the ground and he slowly lowered the gun back to the ground. He wondered how much longer he could deal with all of this and he knew that he didn't want to let Lucas go after finding out the truth. But what the hell was he supposed to do about it?

"I want to fucking kill you for what you did, Lucas. But...." He let out a broken laugh and he kicked at a bit of rubble that went across the temple a little. "...I can't. You're not worth it. I want to get revenge for Andy but I just don't have it in me to blow your fucking brains out."

He paused for a few moments and he glanced at Cecil and then back at the other boy.

"However, I'm not going to let you go. You're going to stay with us so we can keep an eye on you, you pathetic creature."
[+] V7
LeslieFranc

Post by LeslieFranc »

No justifications. No excuses. No escape attempts either. Lucas was well and truly down. Cecil had expected him to at least say that it was self-defense or something, even if his word was already questionable at best, but no, nothing at all. As good as an admission of guilt, he mused. And Emmett’s supposed to be judge, jury and executioner, while I’m just a spectator.

Just a spectator, who has nothing to do with this. Nothing to feel about this.

Cecil uneasily shifted his hold onto his knife. It’s Emmett’s business, he reminded himself. He just had to make sure that the both of them could go on as long as possible before they find the people they actually wanted to be with. He was Emmett’s ally, and a mere spectator to this scene.

As a mere spectator, he kept his mouth shut when Emmett decided not to kill Lucas. He didn’t think that he had the complete facts to make a judgement out of Emmett’s decision, and so he elected not to discourage or encourage him to do otherwise.

He made his choice. When will I make mine?

As Emmett’s ally, he kept aiming his knife at Lucas even when Emmett had already lowered his. At his next words after the other boy had glanced at him, Cecil whipped his head towards Emmett in utter dismay.

Oh no. There’s only so much stupidity I can go along with.

“Emmett, that’s way beyond a bad idea,” he coldly protested. “We are definitely not bringing him with us.”

Return to “The Temple”