Love & Money

Day 1, Open

Once one emerges from the thickets of the lower wilderness, they will finally lay their eyes on the beach. The beach is formed from beautiful golden sands and still provides a scenic view to this day as waves delicately lap at the shore. At the top and center of the sand is a fenced off area made up of wooden decking and carpet that features elaborately carved wooden chairs that at one point in time sat proudly under umbrellas. Now, though, many of them have been knocked over by the winds of the island. The other noticeable feature of the beach is a large amount of washed-up shoes that have been brought in by the tide.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

"Good morning!" Chris said as Diego crested the deck, her voice painted with unforced cheer that ill-suited their situation. She wasn't gonna make herself scowl and mutter to welcome in the solemnity that was currently trying to make her heart its home. She was happy just to see him still safe. She'd be happy every time she met someone new who was still in one piece, an occasion that would surely become rarer as time wore on. Ah, there was the wretched beast, Gravitas - trying to sneak its way into her thoughts, tinging them with mortality.

Before she could respond to Oliver's idle question, a new voice greeted the four, and Jessica grew wings and leaped over the fence, as a sunbeam spotlighted her gentle descent into the arms of her love. That was true on an emotional level, if not a literal one. Chris couldn't help but smile. It was good that they could be happy. It was good that they could be in love, even here, even now.

She almost envied them.

Chris quickly turned to the others. "Well, I'd say we should stand here for a sec while those two have their nice moment. Then, I dunno. Wander around? Hope for the best?" She flashed an easy grin; her own shining armor.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

"Morning!" Diego said with a half-forced smile as he gathered his bearings and dusted himself off. He had spent many one-sided conversations with Chris and her friends, the side belonging to them of course. But he felt more welcome around them than around most groups, so that meant she was the most familiar to him, that her voice had been the warm and familiar one. He appreciated her presence, but smiling in these circumstances was just difficult in general. But then, the smile was returned anyways because it felt rude not to do so.

Before he could thank Jessica for lifting him up, she saw her girlfriend and ran off to meet her, and Diego's smile stayed on more out of inertia than genuine joy. The reunion was sweet, and it was supposed to be heartwarming, so he should be happy for them—I want that too—and he was.

It was better, easier to focus on other things.

He looked on at other things through squinted eyes, still trying to get used to the pounding sunlight. The ocean let off a slight breeze that provided slight comfort, and despite the wind, it still tugged him towards itself. Not in the all-encompassing, swallowing manner it had under the dock, but in the manner that asked him to stay near, stay close. A tug, more than a yank, a request, more than a command.

Another thing to focus on was the question that Oliver had posed. What now?

He wanted to live. That was obvious enough that it was best left unsaid. And to live meant to stay with these people, because numbers meant protection, numbers meant company. He could survive on his own for a day, possibly. He knew what plants were edible, he could maybe stretch out whatever rations he had in his bag. But what if he met other, less friendly people than the ones he had with him?

He didn't want to roll the dice twice. The group he had was good enough as is.

He had desires of his own, he supposed. Stay near the ocean. Find the gardening club, maybe. But it was better, more imperative that he follow the group, wherever they went, whatever they wanted to do. Go with the flow, in short. And he answered in kind.

"I'm up for whatever, I guess."
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

It looked like the plan for now was… well, there was no plan. He suspected as much, but still, it didn't hurt to confirm. A sigh pushed its way out of his lips as he looked over to the couple embracing nearby, a growing sense of pessimism overwhelming any positive feeling from the heartwarming sight. There was no way a large group like this would be able to hold together for long, and as the outsider, he'd probably the first one to go. Not that they would have intended that from the start, they definitely seemed like nice people, but that was just how things were. People always prioritized their friends and loved ones over strangers.

With that in mind, sticking around here seemed more and more like a waste of time. He had buddies on this island, guys he could trust. If he could just link up with them, then they'd definitely be able to hold things together (at least for the near future). Even if he didn't find anyone, he'd be much better off looking out for only himself rather than babysitting these kids.

Lifting his bag over his shoulder, he turned to Diego and Chris, giving them a quick nod before speaking in a casual, almost bored tone.

"Well, they can take as long as they need to, but I'm gonna head out. I've got somebody I've gotta find. You can follow me if you want, or stick around here. Up to you."

And with that, he headed off into the distance. To tell the truth, he didn't really want anyone following him, but might as well leave the option open. It was much too early to be making enemies, after all.

((Oliver Lacroix continued in before the day is done, my prince is gonna come))
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Already, a glaring flaw in her oath. Oliver was leaving, Jessica and her girlfriend were presumably staying for a bit longer. He didn't seem the type who could be persuaded to stick around. Thus, the dilemma: unless she awakened some horrific new potential in herself very quickly, she wouldn't be able to stay with both groups of people. She'd have to make a choice. Not much time, either - Oliver was already walking away.

In the end, she didn't think too hard about it. Jessica and Stephanie had each other - Oliver had no one. Chris could be his "someone" until he found the people he was looking for. Maybe then they'd part ways, and she'd wander like a vagrant knight, tripping across those in need. Maybe she'd find her own people along the way. This was her official reasoning.

Unofficially, probably in an ally somewhere, an ugly, hissing part of her heart was afraid that if she stuck with the happy couple, stayed a third wheel, envious resentment would grab hold of her. Darken her spirits, cloud her judgement. Disgustingly petty, especially in these dire circumstances. Still. She was afraid, so she would shadow Oliver.

Chris turned to Diego and gave an apologetic shrug. "I'm going with him. I'd love to have you along, but I don't wanna pressure ya either way." Privately, she hoped that he'd stay with her - he seemed like he'd need the help. Maybe it was wrong to try and drag him away from the girls, joining with a rough and enigmatic boy; but it was still his choice in the end.

Without waiting for an answer, she began to follow Oliver.

((She'd made a vow to never say goodbye on the island. It felt too much like a curse.))
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Oh, thank. You. GOD. Jessica was there and she was okay and she looked gorgeous. As Stephanie embraced Jessica and kissed her right back on the forehead, she felt like ravishing Jessica. Like ripping those clothes off right there and, well ... that was a lie. She had no doubt that while sex with Jessica would be great, as they held each other, it was very clear that Jessica just being there and safe and happy was enough, sappy as it was. A few other people were there and walking off and such. She looked at them, and back at Jessica.

Fuck them.

"I'm just glad you're okay, too."
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Jessica's sad smile shone through as she nodded her head just as sadly. They were okay, for now, of course, but what were they going to do? It was her, and Stephanie, and Diego, and Christine and Ol-wait.

Where were Christine and Oliver going?

Jessica momentarily broke from Stephanie's hold to turn around to see the figures retreating from the beach, and her eyes widened before raising them to her head in shock.

"Wha-what? Diego, what-"

Jessica looked over at the only other person there who she wasn't dating, before realizing what was going on.

"Why are they leaving?! We need to stay together, otherwise none of us are going to get through this!"

She didn't even wait for a discussion - before she knew it, she was scrambling over the fencing for a third time, this time to grab the nearby bag that she'd left there when she'd arrived. Much like the bag arrived on the deck, it left, sailing over the chain links before landing on the sand, Jessica already climbing back over for the fourth time in several minutes and eventually landing next to it. None of this was making sense to her - they'd just grouped up, gotten together to stay safe, why were they disappearing so quickly? None of them said anything wrong, did they? Jessica couldn't remember doing anything that she would think would scare them off, so it just didn't add up in any way.

"C'mon, we need to keep with them!"

If Jessica wasn't the type to try and be friends with people, she might have stopped and taken a breath, probably asked Diego what was going on. But all she knew was that there was a very real chance that the moment someone left her sight, it would be the last time Jessica would ever see them, and she couldn't deal with that. So that was why, with what she assumed was Diego and Stephanie behind her, she ran in the direction she saw Oliver and Christine moving in, and hoped she'd made the right choice.

((Jessica Rennes continued elsewhere))
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

'Whatever' entailed the group splitting in two, apparently. Diego hadn't really accounted for that possibility.

He had decided even before picking up the bags that he would go with Oliver and Christine, more for the latter than the former. Christine had asked nicely, after all. He felt included, wanted. And he figured Stephanie and Jessica would want to have time to themselves, and they hadn't asked. He would feel superfluous in their group, really.

In the meantime, he fiddled with his bags, struggled under the weight. He would have to lessen the load when things weren't happening as quickly, when there was more time to breathe. He looked behind him and saw that Oliver and Christine were heading away from the ocean, unfortunately. He turned back to the ocean and promised himself that he would come back here again. Diego had spent two hours with the ocean just out of reach, and it still hadn't been enough. Things were moving too quickly, he still had so much to think about, so much to contemplate.

By the time he had finished fiddling with his bags, the two were well in the distance, with Jessica chasing after them. Diego followed and sprinted, savoring the intake of the salty breeze with each gasp of air.

((Diego Larrosa continues in before the day is done, my prince is gonna come))
[+] the youfs
[+] V7
V7:
Dead:
B083 - Diego Larrosa - Palayain mo na ako. - He didn't want this. say goodnight to the bad guy [10/159]
Current Theme Music: Devil Town (v1) - cavetown
Weapon: Tactical Combat Shovel
Previous Threads: Love & Money - before the day is done, my prince is gonna come - How Far I'll Go - Gimme, Gimme Shelter or I'm Gonna Fade Away - no one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed - Still Waiting - Hell is Other People - RICH_BOY_LIKES_IT_ROUGH.MP4 - I Don't Wanna Be Myself - The Bell Tolls For Our Funeral - The Gang Goes Out For Breakfast - Untrust Us - Crimewaves - Love itself is just as innocent as roses in May - Will All Be Forgiven? - black eyes looking up from below - Silent Key - it's ok we're just scared - life's alright in devil town - Beyond Human (Barely Human) - And Now Those Days Are Over and We Are All Ghosts - The Ultimate Test of Cerebral Fitness - Ang Pagbibinata ni Diego Larrosa - perverse verdict - Madness in the Method - park the car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me
Memories: Hiya sa Timog

G013 - Yuka Hayashibara (adopted from Ryuki!) - Does it spark joy? - She fixed up her look in one of a kind [46/159]
Current Theme Music: Play With Me - DDLC OST
Weapon: Bug-A-Salt Camofly 2.0 Insect Eradication Gun
Previous Threads: Quintessential Thinking - I Pray to the Lord You Reveal what His Truth is - all of our heroes fading - now i can't stand to be alone - Incredible Adventures - there's a pale imitation burnt in my eyes - Red Of Tooth And Claw - The Fifth Announcement - Low Times - Party Like It's 1999 - Hell and You - We're All Excited, We Don't Know Why, Maybe It's 'Cause, We're Gonna Die - Ron Gets a Bath As Well, Whether He Wants To or Not - No Exit
Pregame: In Vino Veritas - Shake It Out
Memories: Hayashibara Heart to Heart
Prom: Fear and Delight
Trip: Room 832: Welcome to the Witching Hour

G052 - Joanne Coleman (adopted from Cicada!) - I've got a thick skin and an elastic heart. - She tried to do something in Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death [116/159]
Current Theme Music: When You Die - MGMT
Weapon: George Hunter High School mascot costume
Previous Threads: hold on to this lullaby - Don't Stray Off The Path - D.R.E.A.M. - I'm Not That Nice, I'm Mean and I'm Evil - we keep these promises, write it in a letter
Pregame: You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. - Desperate Times - Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown - Do You Have The Time - i'm so 3008
Memories: I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so. - Make A New Cult Every Day

G075 - Aditi Sharma (adopted from Brackie! and somer!) - She failed in Yellow Light [88/159]
Weapon: Browning Hi Power 9mm
Previous Threads: Pandorama - Antisocial Darwinism - My Lucifer Is Lonely - They Couldn't Buy A Fucking Toaster. They're Broke, John.
[+] V6
V6 Characters:
G062 - Olivia Fischer prayed a thousand prayers in Ye Not [37/107]
Previous Threads: Sæglópur - Until all our yesterdays are lighted fools... - the way to dusty death - a concrete cave - I'd Say That I've Had Worse Days, but Then I'd Be Lying - Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying - Until Then, You Are Free - Cast in the Name of God
Memories: Sometimes when we reach for the stars...
Weapon: Lobotomy pick.
[+] V5
Dead:
B045 - Juhan Levandi - An Estonian wanna-be journalist with a fear of the dark who wanted to bring them all down in Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien [18/152]
Weapon: Party Bag (contains a noisemaker, party hat, two single-serving bags of candy, and a Hotwheels car)
Pre-Game Threads: Wiping All Out - Quixotic
Previous V5 Threads: Despair - The Real Folk Blues - The two people in the distance were Paulo and Becca - Mischief Managed - Sleeper Cell - Tell No Tales - So, How Was Your Day? - And I'm Not Sleeping Now - Intermission - Glass - A Manic Depressive Named Laughing Boy
G067 - Carmina Maliksi - A Filipina car junkie with a /slight/ obsession with Korea and Japan who has finished things up (somewhat) in Red as Blood [139/152]
Weapon: Non-Functional Flamethrower (left in the Clubhouse)
Previous V5 Threads: Finding Center - Wish I Could Breathe - The Visionary
Memories: Offended?
B054 - Oscar Trig (adopted from Greg the Anti-Viking) - An artist who desperately needs a pencil, paper and a cigar and thought with his heart in Fumble [76/152]
Weapon: Binoculars
Pregame Threads: Taking it to the Streets
Previous V5 Threads: Waking Up at the Beginning of Time - Steadier Footing - Handoff
[+] misc
[+] meirl
new resting place for chatsig never forget 2018
give my v8 kids friends pls
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Oh, come on. If they wanted to leave, just let them. Stephanie just huffed as she followed her girlfriend.

((Stephanie McDonald continued in before the day is done, my prince is gonna come))
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Return to “The Beach”