Let's Do the Time Warp Again

The neon blue sign running vertically down the side of the brick building is enough to grab one's attention. The Varsity is a fairly well-known sports lounge, catering to teens and adults alike. A blue star stamp on your hand indicates you aren't old enough to drink alcoholic beverages, but many teens have easily found their way around that. The lounge itself is nice, with flatscreens lined up on the walls and pool tables, foosball tables, and arcade games set up around the area.
decoy73

Let's Do the Time Warp Again

Post by decoy73 »

((Jason Clarke continued from Soar))

Jason was running at a sprinter's pace, turning the corner not by turning his body on the ground, but by making a sideways leap, and turning ninety degrees. He saw the Varsity straight ahead to his left, about a hundred yards ahead of him. Seeing the end in sight, he gunned it (as it were), concluding his run by jumping off the wall of the Varsity and upon landing on his feet, leaning forward with his hands on his knees, then standing up straight, putting his hands on his head and squeezing his eyes shut. Stand up straight. Your lungs take in more oxygen like that. He opened his eyes, taking in the sight around him.

So, how far did we run?
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

(Alex Jackson continued from The Modern Classics )

Alex smoothly swung her dark blue 1964 Mustang into one of the vacant spots behind the Varsity. She got out and checked out her parking job, smiling with satisfaction. She pulled the hem of her red shirt. Pleased with herself for actually getting all her homework done ahead of time, and for once practice free, she'd decided to treat herself to a trip to the Varsity. She'd even decided to dress up a little and remembered to wipe the grease off her face. Checking once more on her beloved car she made her way towards the entrance of the Varsity, her heels echoing off the concrete with each step. She was about halfway there when Jason suddenly appeared in her line of vision.

"Hey, Jason," she called raising a hand in greeting the continued. "Where did you come from?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

((OOC: Yes, the Survivor reference is accurate for the time - Spring of 2008 was when Survivor 16 was on.))

Jason was deep in thought. Damn, how could Erik have been so stupid? Giving up immunity while in the minority? Was he on crack? He would have definitely helped those four ... with a nice seafood dinner after the game was over.

"Hey, Jason. Where did you come from?"

Jason was suddenly brought back from Survivor to reality by a voice. He looked to his left to see the girl waving at him. He narrowed his eyes slightly, not glaring at her, merely attempting to gauge who it was. The red shirt and clean face threw him off slightly, but the streaks in her hair were a dead giveaway.

"Alexandria! (Jason was never one for nicknames for some reason) How are you doing?" Jason smiled, and then sheepishly remembered the question she had asked. "I was just taking a run. What brings you here?"

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Alex made a face as Jason used her full name. Why her parents had decided to name her after an ancient city, she had no idea. Of course she figured she should be grateful they didn't pick something like Corinth or Thebes. And she was, sort of. Alexandria wasn't a bad name, she just much preferred Alex.

"I'm treating myself for not waiting for the last minute," she said in answer to his question. "I'm officially ahead of schedule, so I thought I'd celebrate. And since my choices are here or the mall. I chose here, I'm not really the mall type."

She closed the distance between them, sniffing the air experimentally. After a moment she asked, "Care to join me? If you're not to tired from your run that is?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"I'm treating myself for not waiting for the last minute. I'm officially ahead of schedule, so I thought I'd celebrate. And since my choices are here or the mall. I chose here, I'm not really the mall type."

Jason laughed at that. It seemed like the mall was just a big crowd. Most people, he liked to think, went there out of necessity, to actually buy things or work at the stores. But the high school and college crowd ... some of them seemed to want to hang out there.

"Care to join me? If you're not too tired from your run that is?"

Jason's eyebrows arched slightly at that question. For him to be too tired, he'd have to be unable to stand.

"Love, I am standing up. (While it annoyed some of the people who thought he was making a move, this was actually very common in Leeds, and Jason merely found it very difficult to not use the term "love" when talking to a female peer) I'd love to go and get a pint. (Of course, with the mustache and the stubble, he looked like he would be teaching at Bayview. This could get good.)"

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

"Love, I am standing up. I'd love to go and get a pint. "

Alex smiled at his use of "love". She understood it for what it was a usual form of greeting. She'd encountered the phrase before, both from her father and from TV.

"Great," she said. "Although I'll have to skip the pint, unless it's of soda. Not even a fake id can get me anywhere close to 21." With that she turned and headed towards the enterance of the Varsity.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"Great. Although I'll have to skip the pint, unless it's of soda. Not even a fake ID can get me anywhere close to 21."

Jason chuckled at the thought as he ran his hand through his ample beard. He'd had his first pint the previous year - it seemed like a bit of a shock, considering he was only fifteen then, but his facial hair made him look like a man almost twice his age. He followed Alex inside, the man at the door hardly even looking at him. America, he thought. The only country where the adults can be considered "too young" to drink.

"So, how are things going for you now that the school year is ending?" he asked.

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

She shrugged and wound her way through the crowded club, moving quickly to snag a vacant table. "I've actually got a lot on my plate at the moment," she said sitting down. "I'm looking forward to graduation, I've got several applications into different colleges. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to study, but I've got some time to figure that out. I'm concentrating on getting through my classes, what possessed me to take a full load of academic classes I have no clue. At the moment, I'm working on my prom dress. I'm hoping to win one of the duct tape scholarships, since you know Roman and I will be going at the same time. So I guess the short answer should have been that things are going quickly. How about you?"
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

((Quincy Jones Contd from Coulda Been A Contender))

He walked straight past the bouncer, with barely a nod recognising that he'd been there many times before. He wasn't carded. Hadn't been since he'd started coming here. The fact that his face was now known at the bar was enough that nobody questioned him as he asked for a bottle of bud.

Looking around the bar, he couldn't see any sign of anybody he knew. That was probably a good thing. He took the proffered bottle and held it against his head, using his left hand to reach inside his jacket for his billfold. Placing the bottle down, he extracted a few bills and threw them down on the bar. Turning, he took the opportunity to examine the rest of the bar.

He was looking to relax. He'd been working way too hard, he knew. Things were going well with Felicia, which was wonderful. But now, he needed some time to just chill. Away from the gym as well. Mister Costelli was providing him with a steady income as well, meaning that he'd be able to take her to the prom in style, but still. He needed to be somewhere where he could rest knowing that people weren't going to be talking about his last fight, or worse yet, his next fight.

Suddenly, he spotted some kids from his year. And it looked like they were drinking underage as well. He caught the eye of the guy with the face fuzz and raised his bottle, both in a salute, and a query of 'Can I join you?'
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Killer_Moth. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Jason followed Alex to an empty table, deciding to skip on the pint until later. He listened to Alex speak about class, college, and prom. Basically, normal high school senior stuff. His eyebrows did rise a little at the mention of prom ... it seemed like everyone was going. Hell, he was going, although that was more due to the fact that everybody else was, and he'd probably be a social outcast if he didn't go.

"I've got nothing much, really. I'm choosing between RPI and Cambridge for university. RPI gives free laptops, but Cambridge is in Britain, where the drinking age is 18. I'm thinking of doing something science-y or engineering related. As for prom, yeah, I'm going. Don't know who I'm going with or even if I'm going with anyone at all. Probably not taking a limo, though. My car is good enough for me. I'm actually installing a remote door opener in there, if you'd believe that." Jason looked at Alex. Looking back on it, she was pretty cool. She definitely had good taste in cars, if the Mustang she always drove was any indication. She played field hockey, although the smooth, finessed way the women's team played was much different from the men's team, which was more brute strength. And she was pretty easy on the eyes. Why not? he thought. He was about to ask her the question when another voice came in, directed at them.

"Can I join you?"

He looked at the guy the voice came from. He was only slightly taller than Jason, but was very well muscled. He was holding a beer in his hand, but the way the guy looked at the two of them, it was like he recognized them.

"Sure. Come on in." Shit. Great timing. Jason thought quickly. Right after he spoke to the muscle-man, Jason mouthed to Alex: Are you going to prom with anyone?

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

"I've got nothing much, really. I'm choosing between RPI and Cambridge for university. RPI gives free laptops, but Cambridge is in Britain, where the drinking age is 18. I'm thinking of doing something science-y or engineering related. As for prom, yeah, I'm going. Don't know who I'm going with or even if I'm going with anyone at all. Probably not taking a limo, though. My car is good enough for me. I'm actually installing a remote door opener in there, if you'd believe that."

Wow, for someone with not a lot going on that was a mouthful. Is that really what he's going to base his college location on? I guess I can't judge I'm going to a local school, not that I have a lot of choice. What was that about prom? And how did we get from that to doors that open themselves? Never in a million years would she do that to her car. I mean come on it's a classic and that would be something akin to sacrilege. She was about to respond when Quincy walked over to join them, she offered him an easy smile.

She scooted her chair a little closer to Jason to give Quincy room to sit down and as she did so thought she saw Jason mouth 'Are you going to prom with anyone?' Did he really just secretly ask me to prom? Secretly? What's up with that? Is he like ashamed of asking, maybe he's just shy about asking me in front of Quincy. Why is that, it's not like Quincy's going to be asking me anytime soon. Last time I checked he was still dating Felicia. Deciding to let him try again, if he was asking, she pretended that she hadn't caught his movements, instead turning her attention to Quincy.

"Hey, Quincy, Jason and I were just talking about life at the end of high school. You know prom, college, and all that stuff. What're you're plans? Are you and Felicia going together," Alex asked deciding to show Jason how it was done.
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

Quincy made his way across the bar and pulled up a chair at the table. Now that he was closer, he recognised the girl. Alex Jackson. Cute, sweet. Somebody he'd never had any problems with. He wasn't one for roughing up girls. Guys who needed it sure, but not women.

He took a swig from the beer, hoping that he wasn't interrupting. Clearly, there had been something between the two of them before he turned up. Still, Alex was open and generous towards him. Hey, Quincy, Jason and I were just talking about life at the end of high school. You know prom, college, and all that stuff. What're you're plans? Are you and Felicia going together?

He wondered briefly what fuzzface, who had to be Jason, was looking so nervous about, but decided it was none of his business. "Yeah, yeah, we're going. I guess that news spread pretty fast then." He'd never intended his relationship to be a secret, but hadn't expected it to become common knowledge.

"How about you? You got your act together yet? As for the future plans, I ain't got no idea. College ain't really an option for me. I'm looking at getting a job somewhere, I guess. Army's always there, if nothin' else works out. I bet you got your life all planned though?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Killer_Moth. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"Hey, Quincy, Jason and I were just talking about life at the end of high school. You know prom, college, and all that stuff. What're you're plans? Are you and Felicia going together?"

Jason held back a sigh of relief as those words came out. He hadn't recognized Quincy, so Jason hadn't known if there had been anything. Knowing that Quincy had someone soothed Jason's nerves. Maybe the I won't speak in a run-on sentence this time.

"Yeah, yeah, we're going. I guess that news spread pretty fast then. How about you? You got your act together yet? As for the future plans, I ain't got no idea. College ain't really an option for me. I'm looking at getting a job somewhere, I guess. Army's always there, if nothin' else works out. I bet you got your life all planned though?" Jason just took a deep breath as he opened his mouth.

"Somewhat. I'm still deciding between colleges. The two I have are equally good in terms of what they offer, so I'm thinking about the little things that each college has. It's broiled down to laptops vs. drinking age, if you'd believe that, because everything else cancels out." He chuckled. "As for more immediate concerns, I am going to prom. I've got a pretty good idea of who I want to go with. It's just a matter of whether she wants to go with me." That's right. Ease it in. Lead to the question.

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

"I'm going to the school my dad works at, we're hoping for a break on tuition. I haven't picked a major yet. As for prom, I'm putting the finish touches on my dress. I've got to swing by the Home Depot and pick up some a few more rolls of duct tape. As far as I know I don't have a date for prom. Course that's subject to change if I get asked," Alex said smiling at the both of them.

"Quincy what kinds of plans are you making? You and Felicia going to dinner before hand," she asked.
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

Quincy was beginning to wonder if he had picked exactly the wrong moment to come in here. There was something going on between these two. Still, Alex was talking to him, so it would just be rude to leave. He kind of got the impression from the way that she kept on talking to him that she was using him as an excuse to avoid whatever it was that Jason wanted to ask. Heh. Whatever it was? You'd have to be blind, deaf and retarded to not figure that bit out.

He snapped back as Alex spoke to him again. "I really haven't got that bit figured out yet. Guess I'll see how much I've saved up by then. I've got the tux and transport organised. I'm doing some night work for a guy I know to pay for it. But I don't wanna end up taking 'Licia to McDonalds, or crap like that."

He looked at Alex, then over to Jason, then back to Alex. "It's good to hear that you got college in the bag anyway. Girl like you, you gonna go places. 10 years from now, at the reunion, you're gonna be some kinda big shot. I guarantee that."

Return to “The Varsity”