The Cult of ...

Debut of Jimmy Robertson (B028)

Once the students leave the mansion grounds they will find a small area used for athletic activity. It seems that the owner was one who enjoyed his fair share of exercise. Going north, students will find a tennis court surrounded by an unlocked plastic link fence. Those going south will find a sloped putting green as well as a small but deep bunker.
decoy73

The Cult of ...

Post by decoy73 »

Jimmy Robertson awoke to a slight breeze across his face as he opened his eyes. His view opened to find grass.

Huh? What the hell?

He picked himself up into a sitting position. He was in a field, he could tell that much as he looked around, but what was he ...

Oh, no ...

The events of the previous evening came back to him: waking up bound in that chair, watching one of the teachers get shot, seeing that guy John whoever kill that girl so casually. The full impact of what was heppening hit him, and one thought went through his head:

What kind of person would do something like this? Here he was, on Survival of the Fittest, tasked with the most horrifying task of his life: to kill his classmates, his friends. He looked to his right to see two bags. The first one was his personal bag, he could tell that much. The other one, well it was his now. On it was embroidered "MALE STUDENT #28 - JAMES ROBERTSON." The weapon taped to it, though, was weird. It looked like a short sword, except the handle was as long as he was tall. It wouldn't even fit in the bag.

At least I have an alternative if someone tries to kill me. I can just punch 'em in the stomach and run off. Even as he picked up the naginata (although he didn't know that was what it was called), a chill ran through his spine. He was big, sure, and he played football, but outside of that, he wouldn't hurt a fly. All he wanted to do was help people.

Well, one thing's for sure. At the end of this, I may not be a psychiatrist, but hell, I'm going to need one.
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

((G047 - Samantha Ridley - Start))

Sam had woken up some time ago, in another part of the island. Knowing time was an important factor she quickly sorted through her day pack. She hung her bags around her shoulders and carried her bow by putting her arm through it until it was up to her shoulder as well. Then she walked. Where? That didn't matter. She'd heard more than once that if you were lost and wanted to be found you should stay in one place, and since she wanted to not be found she decided that it was best to keep moving.

All she could think about on her walk was how all her friends and family were gonna watch her die on this stupid fucking island, even the ones she lost contact with. She didn't even wanna go on the stupid trip, everyone was saying it would be good for her; Yeah, right! Good for me like a hole in my head! she thought.

Sam entered a clearing, it looked like some sort of field or something. Not that it mattered, she had to keep moving. She saw a large figure moving in the distance... it was a boy. Sam noticed the flaw in her plan, even if she can't be 'found' she could still 'find' others, a small distinction that would mean a big difference that could eventually lead to her 'finding' a gun aimed at her forehead. Still, this guy didn't seem like to much of a threat, and even if he was a player she had a distance advantage.

"Hey, 'Sup! I'm Sam." she called out to the boy, "Cool weapon, that some sorta spear or somethin'."
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

((Alan Rickhall debut))

Alan began to open his left eye. His vision was blurred and disorientated. His entire body felt numb. He lay in a patch of dry sand. Alan tried to make out his surroundings from his hazed vision. Unfortunately, he had trouble moving his neck so all he could make out was the sky. He looked at it for a few seconds before closing his eye again.

He had no idea where he was. The last thing he remembered was falling asleep on the bus to some school camping trip he had been forced to go on. he cursed himself in his head, he knew it was a bad idea right from the start. True he didn't expect to suddenly wake up half-concious in a pit full of sand. But he would have certainly considered that danger if he'd have known that it was a possibility. As his vision started to come back to him slowly, he noticed a strange oval-shaped bag lying next to him in the sand. He tried to move his arm. Slowly but surly, Alan's finger grabbed the string of the bag and began to pull it towards him. He decided to use it as a support to pull himself up. He eased himself onto his feet and when he was upright, he slumped down on the shallow edge of the pit.

It wasn't until a few seconds later that he noticed the bag that was still in the sand, it wasn't until then that he noticed some sort of writing thin on the front. He still couldn't see very far so he bent down and just grabbed the cloth of the bag. He pulled it closer and started to read the bag. He was horrified when he saw the words. 'ALAN RICKHALL - B024' written on the front. He opened the bag and pulled out a small booklet. He flicked through the pages as his vision began to clear.

'Collars...', 'Danger Zones...', 'Television...', 'Kill or be killed...'! Alan did not like the sound of it one bit. But the one word that confused Alan was written in bold letters in the corner of the cover. Actually it was more of an acronym then an actual word. It seemed so strange to him, yet strangely familiar... Alan was breathing heavily. He still didn't feel like he had the strength to move on his own yet so he just slumped down and looked at his feet and the imprint of himself in the sand...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Limisios. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Jimmy put the naginata on the ground as he decided to do the one thing he could to keep calm: he reached into his personal bag, looking for his books. He had packed a couple in there, hoping to get some light reading in during the trip. As he flipped through his bag, he noticed that one had been turned on its side: "Basic Notes in Psychiatry" by Michael I. Levi. The other one , however, was still upright, so he took it out, and looked at his second book: "The Cult of Perfection" by Cooper Lawrence.

Fuck. Jimmy swore inward. Of all the books he had to throw into his bag at the last minute, it was this one. He had gotten it for his eighteenth birthday from his mom. While the thought was nice, after about thirty pages, it was clear that burning the book would have been an insult to fire. There were no actual psychological theories, it had no educational value, and the actual writing looked like it had been done by a sixth grader that had been up for forty-eight hours straight. He just put the book back in the bag when he heard someone.

"Hey, 'Sup! I'm Sam. Cool weapon, that some sorta spear or somethin'?"

Jimmy turned his head. It was a girl. Blonde hair, blue eyes. He squinted to get a better look.

Hoodie, jeans, casual demeanor. Is she trying to suck me in or is she genuinely friendly? Is she hiding her weapon? Does she have one? It took Jimmy a second to realize what he was doing: he was getting suspicious. He was starting to play. He just shook his head and waved back.

"Hey. I'm Jimmy. I don't really know what this is exactly. Looks like some weird kind of sword." He picked it up, innocently showing it to Sam. "Don't know if I can really use this effectively."

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

Alan could hear voices; and they sounded familiar. His legs and neck were still quite stiff so he couldn't leave his seat on the edge of sandpit but he needed to attract their attention somehow. For the first time since he woke up, he tried to speak. His throat felt like it had a pound of sand blocked in it. In fact that could be the literal situation. But he didn't think about it. He'd have to move. None of his bones were broken and he was barely hurt. It was just a question of getting up on his own two feet.

Using the bag as a balance, he tried to manoeuvre his feet out of the pit. He started to lift one leg out. But then he lost his balance and fell back into the sandpit with a muffled thump. The dry sand around him sprang up around him creating a cloud of dust around him for a few seconds. Alan gave off a low groan and tried to turn on his back to try again, he figured that if he fell enough times, either someone will find him and give him a hand, or it would loosen his body enough for him to climb out, therefore it was only natural that about five seconds later, Alan was back head first in the sand again. He began to think of what would happen if someone did find him. The words 'Kill or be killed...' flashed in his mind. But surly that wouldn't mean that everyone is already going around killing every helpless student they see laying in a pit, right? He let of another raspy moan as he lifted his head. The sand tasted a lot like his throat.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Limisios. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

Sam started walking toward Jimmy.

"Hey. I'm Jimmy. I don't really know what this is exactly. Looks like some weird kind of sword. Don't know if I can really use this effectively."

"Yeah, well, I don't think anyone really knows how to use their weapon really. Even if they have training they might not get the weapon they know how to use, luck of the draw and all."

"I mean, I got this bow," she began, tapping the weapon she carried around her shoulder, "But I'm not exactly an expert archer or anything. Anyway, I'm sure you'll make due, from what I hear some of the 'weapons' are supposed to be pretty fucking crappy, yours has got to be amazing in comparison to some of the worst ones so be thankful."

When she was about a yard and a half away from Jimmy she put down her stuff and stretched. "Hey, have you looked at your map yet? We should figure out where we are... I kinda just picked a direction and started walking, so I have no idea where I was, or where I am now for that matter."
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

Alan was starting to get annoyed. He was getting bored of falling into the same sand pit over and over again. He wanted to call for help but his throat felt like a desert island. Then he remembered something when he was looking through the bag. It had fallen back into the sand pit through his feeble attempts to get out. So he pulled it towards him and started rummaging through it until he pulled out one of the bottles of water. Something told him that he wouldn't be getting many more supplies; so he slowly took a few sips from one of the bottles and swallowed them. His throat started to loosen and he started to feel his arms and legs properly now.

He struggled to the edge of the pit once again with some effort, managed to successfully get himself and the bag out of the sand pit. He decided to take one last sip of water to celebrate. Unfortunately he was breathing so heavily that he choked and the water spluttered out of his mouth, along with a trace of blood. Alan bent down for a second to catch his breath. It was a few seconds later when he lifted his head again that he spotted them. People! It wasn't his imagination. Looking into the distance he could just about make out the figure of Jimmy Robertson talking to someone else, but he couldn't work out who. Perhaps it was another student who he didn't know. Nonetheless, Alan began to run over there. He was tired and out of breath, but he still ran as fast as his legs could carry him. (Which wasn't particularly fast considering he looked like he could collapse from exhaustion at any minute.)

"Hello?" he shouted out while huffing in and out "Can you hear me?"

Alan wasn't sure if he had caught their attention, but he kept on running towards them, keeping a constant wheezed pace.

I'm over here! I-" At that moment Alan had tripped over a rough bit of grass. He fell back on the ground.

"Damn!" he yelled. By this time he was ever so slightly annoyed.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Sam walked towards Jimmy, showing a friendly demeanor.

"Yeah, well, I don't think anyone really knows how to use their weapon really. Even if they have training they might not get the weapon they know how to use, luck of the draw and all. I mean, I got this bow, but I'm not exactly an expert archer or anything. Anyway, I'm sure you'll make do, from what I hear some of the 'weapons' are supposed to be pretty fucking crappy, yours has got to be amazing in comparison to some of the worst ones, so be thankful." Jimmy finally breathed a secret sigh of relief when Sam put all her stuff down and stretched.

"Hey, have you looked at your map yet? We should figure out where we are... I kinda just picked a direction and started walking, so I have no idea where I was, or where I am now for that matter." Sam asked.

Jimmy put down his naginata and rubbed his wrists where the zip-ties had bound him a few hours ago. "Sorry. I just woke up. Didn't even open my bag. I just found this thing strapped to my bag," Jimmy motioned to the naginata. "It was too long to fit inside." He knelt down, opening his second bag up for the first time, fishing around for the map, and quickly closing it up.

"Well, looking at where we are," Jimmy stole a few looks around, looking for anything that might be considered a landmark on the map, "It seems that we are about here." He showed Sam his map, pointing to a spot on the map. "So it seems that it would be best to go ..." Jimmy was about to say where he wanted to go when he heard a familiar voice cry out.

"Hello? Can you hear me?" He turned to his right, squinting off into the distance. He couldn't make out the person by sight, but it sounded like ...

"I'm over here! I - Damn!" The figure tripped over, but Jimmy recognized the polo shirt as he went down.

"ALAN!"Jimmy picked up his bags, slinging them over his left shoulder, grabbing his naginata with his right hand, and jogged toward the spot where he had seen Alan go down, trying not to trip over anything. "Don't worry, Sam! He's a friend!" He called out over his shoulder.

"Alan. Are you okay?" Jimmy asked, kneeling by the wheezing form of Alan Rickhall, carefully placing the blade of the naginata in the ground where it wouldn't hurt anybody.

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

With Jimmy's help, Alan managed to be pulled up to sitting upright. After a few seconds he began to talk normally.

"I'm fine, I just..." Alan stopped for a second to look at his surroundings and then stated in his usual calm, formal accent. "I guess I just woke up on the wrong side sand bunker." Alan laughed his own comment off nervously and Jimmy helped Alan get to his feet. "I'm just thankful that it was you I found first. I think we can both agree that in a situation like this, some people won't hesitate to... Well..." Alan started leafing through the booklet that was still in his hand. "I don't like the look of this one bit I'll tell you that at least." Alan looked at Samantha for a few seconds, then at the sword in the grass, the sun reflecting off it's metal blade. Then he looked back at the leaflet and sighed.

"I fear we may not be human by the time this is over..." He was still looking at the booklet but it was obvious he was talking to Jimmy. "S-O-T-F... I can't help but think that I've heard it before, any ideas Jimmy?" he looked up and stared hopefully at Jimmy for an answer.
ThoDuSt

Post by ThoDuSt »

After Sam heard Jimmy say that he hadn't looked at his map, she opened her daypack to get her own map and compass. But before she found them, Jimmy was already pointing out their location on the map. According to the map they were in the area called "the Greens." The boy was about to suggest a place to go next when they heard someone that sounded like they were in trouble.

While Jimmy was looking for the location of the other person, Sam was getting her bow and some arrows. Jimmy reassured her that the new boy could be trusted, but *he* wasn't who she was worried about. He was in trouble, which meant that someone or something had caused that distress. Was it just panic from waking up on the island or was someone nearby playing the game?

With bow and arrows in hand, Sam slowly and carefully made her way slowly and carefully to the location of the boys. Arriving after the questions were asked and answered Sam saw that the boy hadn't been attacked, but still, it unsettled her.

"Sorry to ruin your happy little reunion boys, but we've been making a lot of noise in the middle of a big open space, during a 'game' where everyone is supposed to fucking kill each other." Sam said, "So I'm gonna go, you guys should leave too, but don't follow me, it'd be best if we split up into at least two groups and I don't wanna be in the bigger one."

"Hopefully next time I see you you're not rotting corpses." She added, in a tone that was far more cheerful than it should have been.

She walked back to her bags, picked them up, and walked away.

((Samantha Ridley continued in The Right Thing for the Wrong Reasons.))
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

As Jimmy helped Alan up, he felt some relief knowing that there was nobody after him, and that Alan had not succumbed to the game. Oh, he was most probably scared out of his mind, but Alan still had his wits about him.

"I fear we may not be human by the time this is over... S-O-T-F... I can't help but think that I've heard it before, any ideas Jimmy?"

Jimmy raised an eyebrow as he looked at the booklet Alan held. It was talking about the rules and regulations of the "game" (as it stood), and the correct way to play (as defined by Danya). It was about then that Samantha came over.

"Sorry to ruin your happy little reunion boys, but we've been making a lot of noise in the middle of a big open space, during a 'game' where everyone is supposed to fucking kill each other. So I'm gonna go, you guys should leave too, but don't follow me, it'd be best if we split up into at least two groups and I don't wanna be in the bigger one." Then she turned around and left, stopping only to pick up her bags.

"No, Samantha! We're not sure of what's out there!" Jimmy protested. He was heavily against Samantha leaving, mainly because an alliance not only kept its members safe physically, but also because each member could help maintain the mental health of all the others. However, his protest went unheeded, and Jimmy turned back to Alan.

"SOTF. It's short for 'Survival of the Fittest.' It's horrible. This guy, Danya, he takes an entire high school class hostage and forces them to kill each other live on television until there's only one left. They give us food, water, a map, a compass, a random item, and slap a collar on us. It's these things ..." Jimmy tapped the collar on his neck, careful not to disturb it, " ... that he uses to make us comply. We don't follow his rules, the collars explode. It's like the Milgram experiment, except that instead of assuring us that we won't be held responsible for following orders, that we will be penalized for noncompliance. I've watched a little, I've read about it. What's disturbing is that you're probably right. Whomever's left standing will be forever changed. The first winner at least wanted to simply survive. The last winner, John Rizzolo - he was the guy in the video, if you remember it, but he became a monster." The thought of that shook him to the core.

If I make it to the end, will there be anything left of me? Or will I become like John Rizzolo?

"Anyway, this is what they gave me. At least I don't have to actually kill anyone with it. Just whack 'em in the stomach with the handle and subduing them." He grabbed hold of the naginata and lifted it out of the ground. "What did they give you?" It probably wasn't a very smooth transition, but if they stayed scared, they'd lose themselves to fear. But internally, that same thought went through Jimmy's head.

If I make it to the end, will there be anything left of me? Or will I become like John Rizzolo?

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

"Sorry to ruin your happy little reunion boys, but we've been making a lot of noise in the middle of a big open space, during a 'game' where everyone is supposed to fucking kill each other." Sam said, "So I'm gonna go, you guys should leave too, but don't follow me, it'd be best if we split up into at least two groups and I don't wanna be in the bigger one."

Alan watched silently as Samantha walked into the distance, he wanted to say something, but he was still confused and didn't want to embarress himself further. He watched as Jimmy turned back to him and started the crushing explanation.

"SOTF. It's short for 'Survival of the Fittest.' It's horrible. This guy, Danya, he takes an entire high school class hostage and forces them to kill each other live on television until there's only one left..."

Everything began flooding back to him. He suddenly remembered where he had heard of SOTF, he had never actually watched but it was impossible for him to have not heard of it somewhere. Alan couldn't listen to most of the rest. Everything was moving too fast. This was being broadcast on television, that ment that all of Alan's family could be watching him, or worse, Zoey could be watching him; she could be watching him right now. Alan saw the glint of a camery attached to a steel pole at the other end of the field behind Jimmy. He subtly fumbled around in his pocket for the photo of him and Zoey. He felt something flat that felt like a piece of photo paper, Alan took his hand out of his pocket without pulling out the photo, he breathed a sigh of relief.

"...Anyway, this is what they gave me. At least I don't have to actually kill anyone with it. Just whack 'em in the stomach with the handle and subduing them."

Alan suddenly snapped back into reality just as Jimmy finished. Alan felt cheated and abused; feelings of anger and fear welled up inside him. "Oh... Well that figures." Alan said calmly. "I guess that girl was right, we can't stay here for much longer; I don't know about you, but I think that some people wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone in sight."

Alan picked up his bag and began looking for a sensible direction to travel in. "There is one more thing, although I shudder at the thought of it." Alan paused and turned back to Jimmy "Obviously niether of us want to kill anyone, but we need some way to defend ourselves, unfortunatly all we have to do that is that sword." Alan wasn't sure where he was going with this, but he didn't like where he thought he was going with it. "We need to find someone with a decent weapon, I'm not saying we hide behind a blood-thirsty maniac for the next few days, we just need someone who would... Tske out the dangerous people... For the good of everyone else of course." The second Alan said that he regretted it before Jimmy even had time to respond. "I'm sorry, I guess I'm just scared. I've never been in this situation before." Alan continued looking around, then had a thought. "Wait, you said that everyone gets a weapon? Then what did I get?" Alan pulled his bag open and pulled out a rusting spoon; Alan's head sank, he shouldn't've got out of the sand bunker this morning.

He also noticed his own map, he unfolded it and studied all the locations. "Well, we have to at least get moving, what do you say we stick together for now Jimmy? We'll have to find a decent way to defend ourselves but we need to look for it. So what do you say?"
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

As Jimmy explained the situation to Alan, he expected Alan to be scared, angry, or both. Jimmy was slghtly surprised to see Alan simply reach into his pocket, pull his hand out, and sighed as he picked up his bags.

"I guess that girl was right, we can't stay here for much longer; I don't know about you, but I think that some people wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone in sight. There is one more thing, although I shudder at the thought of it ... Obviously neither of us wants to kill anyone, but we need some way to defend ourselves, unfortunately all we have to do with that is that sword. We need to find someone with a decent weapon, I'm not saying we hide behind a blood-thirsty maniac for the next few days, we just need someone who would ... Take out the dangerous people ... For the good of everyone else of course." Jimmy's eyebrows arched somewhat. Is Alan suggesting that we play? Has the process already started?

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm just scared. I've never been in this situation before ... Wait, you said that everyone gets a weapon? Then what did I get?" Alan opened up his regulation bag and pulled out a rusty spoon. While Alan's disappointment was evident, Jimmy didn't know whether to envy or pity Alan's position. On the one hand, Alan was in a pretty bad position against somebody with an actual weapon, but then again, there was nothing tempting him to play. Jimmy looked at his sword, and the glint of the gray blade in the sun. He hoped that there wouldn't be any red joining that gray.

"Well, we have to at least get moving, what do you say we stick together for now Jimmy? We'll have to find a decent way to defend ourselves but we need to look for it. So what do you say?" Alan's voice brought Jimmy's attention back to the situation at hand. Jimmy looked at his map.

"I agree. Pretty much anywhere is good right now. There aren't any danger zones that I've heard of, and there's a pretty low chance of encountering somebody who's playing to win."

((Jimmy Robertson continued in Bump in the Night...))

Version 8
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
[+] Version 7
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

"I agree. Pretty much anywhere is good right now. There aren't any danger zones that I've heard of, and there's a pretty low chance of encountering somebody who's playing to win."

Alan clutched his hands together nervously as they quivered in front of his stomach. "You're probably right, I mean... Who's really going to kill us just like that..." Alan said calmly even though deep down he was making a long list of people who would kill mindlessly, given the chance. He was so worried thinking that he almost missed Jimmy walking off into the distance. Alan hurridly picked up any supplies he had dropped and started to run after him, checking his pocket quickly to once again make sure that his photo of Zoey was still there. It was.

"Jimmy... wait up... where are we going exactly? You know, just so I know where we're going if I get lo-" Suddenly Alan tripped and fell back into the grass. He picked himself up to see Jimmy as just a small dot in the distance, he continued to run after him...

((Alan Rickhall continued in Bump in the Night))

Return to “The Greens”