The World According to Third Grade

Day 8 late afternoon/early evening

The elementary school building is similar to the high school. Spider webs and dust cloud the once brightly-painted walls. Number and alphabet posters cover the rooms. The building is smaller than the high school, with only eight rooms.
BetaKnight

The World According to Third Grade

Post by BetaKnight »

((Cooper Komorowski continued from Weak Executioner))

The walk from the last place he saw Cody to here passed in something of a blur.  Cooper had heard people complain about driving and not remembering making the trip, which, really, he had thought the epitome of stupid.  How could you do something as complex as driving but not really remember doing it?   Listening to some of his cousins, he was fairly certain that they must have been...altered in some way.

But having trekked an unknown distance to stand in the lengthening shadows of this decrepit elementary school without recalling a single detail of the trip might be the same sort of thing.  "I only wish I had something like a keg to blame this on," he muttered as he stood outside the building and stared out at the play yard.  

Every so often, a low creak would come from the swing set as it shuddered slightly in the almost non-existent breeze.  While the area had a slightly creepy vibe to it, it wasn't super off-putting.  Cooper was used to buildings being empty, and he could tell that this one was still in fairly good repair.  Maybe it was just what he needed for a little while.  A quiet spot to stop and get things all sorted out in his head.  There really couldn't be a better place than an elementary school, right?

Nodding to himself, Cooper opened the door and ambled into the corridor.  Maybe he could find something to eat or drink in here.  Little kids loved snacks.
Will†

Post by Will† »

((Stacy Ramsey continued from Routine Malaise))

It had been a day since Stacy left Miles in the apartment complex with the rotting corpse of his cousin. For a while Stacy was worried that Miles might be pursuing her, and it wasn't until a few hours after the incident that she was confident that he hadn't followed her. She had gathered by now that SOTF made normal people do crazy things and changes them in an instant. Stacy wouldn't have been safe around Miles anymore. A lie like that could tip him over the edge and she didn't want to be around him when it happened.

Stacy had made her way back to the school, although this time she was at one of the other buildings. The size of the building as well as small playground led her to believe that she was at the elementary school. It seemed like a decent enough place for a rest. Stacy hadn't gotten much sleep the previous night. This was partly because she didn't feel safe sleeping on her own whilst her murderous classmates were roaming the island, and partly because she couldn't stop thinking about Miles.

After staggering into the school, it didn't take her very long to find someone. She took in a sharp breath of air as she came to a halt and her eyes fixated on the person down the corridor. Her exhaustion had caused her to let her guard down; she should have been more careful and checked the building before entering it. The darkened corridor hindered her vision, but she could just about make out who it was, and to her relief it wasn't someone who had been on the announcements.

"Cooper?"

Cooper and Stacy weren't friends at school, and she knew little to nothing about him. They were worlds apart from each other. However, that didn't matter. The only thing that mattered to her right now was that he wasn't one of the killers which meant he was probably safe to be around whilst she rested.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Will. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Cooper paused in his rummaging through a convenient cupboard, slightly disappointed in its lack of delicious pocket-sized foods, when he heard a feminine voice behind him. He looked up and spotted Stacy Ramsey. He had checked her out often enough during pep rallies to be able to semi-confidently identify her by silhouette.

Craning his neck a bit, he noticed that she seemed to be alone.

Alone was good. Alone seemed to be way less trouble. Plus, Stacy's rep was of drunk party girl, not crazy, violent bitch like a lot of his classmates.

"Hey hey, slutty Stacy," he absently called in greeting. "How goes it?"
Will†

Post by Will† »

In response to Cooper's greeting, Stacy's expression immediately sank into a disgruntled grimace. It wasn't the greeting she was expecting and she wasn't in the mood for teasing. On the bright side, Cooper's "friendly" greeting suggested he wasn't dangerous as Stacy had predicted.

"Hi." She replied unenthusiastically. "As you could probably guess, it's not going well."

Stacy slid her bag off of her shoulder and let it drop to the ground. She let out a sigh as she was relieved from the weight. Dragging her bag behind her, Stacy began to approach Cooper.

"Do you mind if I rest here for a bit? I've been on my feet for practically 24 hours and I haven't gotten much sleep."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Will. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Cooper raised an eyebrow as Stacy continued to approach him, then winced as the movement pulled on some of his Tyler-given bruises and cuts.  Those aches and pains reminded him how it was a bad idea to let classmates get in arm's length of him.  Even the ones trying out the "I'm a helpless slutty damsel in distress, however can I repay you sir" routine.  

Or maybe especially those ones since they might, I dunno, stab you while you slept afterwards, he thought to himself as he watched Stacy walk towards him.  

Stacy Ramsey, cheerleader and party girl, who would never have given him the time of day back home. Stacy who was always in a safe little circle of stuck-up, rich bitch friends.

Always.

He held up his hand in the universal 'stop' gesture.  "Yeah, right, okay.  I'm not really up to this right now, so you can stay over there. Thanks."  He gave her an insincere smile before continuing.  "Whatever you're selling, I'm not buying.  I know you're the advanced scout for...."  

He blew a raspberry and motioned wildly with his left arm.  All he had wanted was some snacks and some sleep, not for Stacy to do...whatever it was she was trying to do.  "For whoever you're with.  I've already gone toe-to-toe with people, as you can see by my face, so as long as your group doesn't start anything, we'll be cool, all right?"
Will†

Post by Will† »

Stacy stopped in her tracks as Cooper held his hand up and told her to stay where she was. He obviously thought she was dangerous. He must have heard her on the announcement a few days back after she'd killed Miranda and Kat. Stacy wouldn't blame him for being cautious, she would probably act the same, but it was aggravating her; all she wanted to do was have a rest.

Cooper then decided to cross the line once again by adding in another personal jab at Stacy. Her grimace turned into a scowl as she glared at Cooper. Jutting out her bottom jaw, Stacy took in a deep breath to try and compose herself. She had to keep her cool. Getting into an argument on this island had the potential of getting herself killed if done with the wrong type of person.

"Fine." Stacy said sternly.

Dropping her bag and weapons, Stacy lowered herself to the floor, outstretching her legs and leaning back on the wall. She turned back to Cooper with a frown still on her face.

"And I'm not with anyone anyway." She responded bitterly. "I didn't even know you were in here."

Turning back to face the wall in front of her, Stacy reached behind her and touched the bandages on her back. They were starting to get itchy. She hadn't had them changed since they were first put on her and she began to wonder how long it would take before her injuries would get infected. Stacy tried her hardest to wipe the frown from her face as she once again turned back to Cooper.

"Hey, do you know how often you're supposed to change bandages?" Stacy asked as pleasantly as she could muster.  "Because mine haven't been changed in about two days."
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

Aaaaaaaand there it was.  Stacy's true, bitchy colors.  Cooper felt some of the tension leave his shoulders as she wenched at him. Things looked like they were finally settling into their proper rhythm.  

Right up until Stacy asked him about bandages.

What the hell was it with people on this island? First, all those times with Cody and now her.  Did he look like he medical training or something?  Cooper rolled his eyes and huffed in irritation.  He slammed the cupboard doors closed.  Still no fucking food.  All of his medical crap was wherever Cody was now, that ungrateful fuck.

"Bitch, do I look like a fucking doctor? How the fuck should I know about your bandage?" he snapped as he moved on to the next set of cabinets.  "You figure it out."

Cooper quickly rifled through its contents, finding only packages of pipe cleaners, sequins, and thin metallic sheets of paper. Throwing his hands up in irritation, he wheeled to look at Stacy.

Pointing an accusing finger at her, he ground out, "And you can forget about me touching yours.  I'm done with helping other people and their medical needs.  That shit's gross and none of you are ever grateful."
Will†

Post by Will† »

Stacy was taken aback by Cooper's response to her question. She wasn't expecting him to starting shouting at her like that. It was a harmless enough question, he didn't need to be as rude as he did. A simple "no" would have been sufficient enough, but apparently Cooper had to go the extra mile ad add in sarcastic comments.

Through narrowed eyes, Stacy stared intensely at Cooper. She'd had enough now. There was no way she would be able to re-bandage her back on her own; she wouldn't be able to reach or see what she was doing. Was he really going to just stand there and let her wounds get infected?

Stacy could feel her anger brewing inside her. She took in a deep breath to try and calm herself, but before she knew it she was standing up and shouting at Cooper.

"You know what? I'm just looking for a bit of sympathy here. I don't think you know what kind of a shit few days I've been having. Crazy bitches keep on trying to kill me, and because of that I had to kill two of them. I've had shards of vase stuck into my back and arms and the wounds are probably going to get infected now because you won't help me. For practically my whole time here I've had to lie to my friend about his cousin being dead until he found out yesterday. Almost all my friends are dead, and the ones that aren't probably hate me. And now I've got you being an asshole to me!"
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

"Are we playing 'Who's had the shittier week'?  Is that what we're gonna do? Because boo hoo hoo, only you've had a bad week?"  Cooper asked in an incredulous tone.  Her entitlement and the sheer size of her balls was almost astonishing. "Where the hell have the rest of us been, Stacy? Living it up at some all-inclusive Bahamanian resort?"  

Cooper shook his head, amazed that Stacy even wanted to go there.  He held up his hand and began ticking items off on his fingers. His left index finger landed lightly on his extended right index finger.  The sense of numbness he had was wearing off.

"I got my weapon stolen by a friend."  He stressed the last word, making sure to maintain eye contact with the high-maintenance blonde. "He then used it to stab another friend's girlfriend while trying to kill that friend's sister.  And when Friend A wouldn't settled down and stop with the stabbings, Friend B had to put him down while the girlfriend bled out. So two deaths I got to watch there, one of which could be partially my fault because it was my weapon that did it."

Holding up two fingers now, he continued.  "Then, while trying to keep Friend B together....  You know, after we watched his girlfriend die and he had to put a friend of ours down like a rabid dog," Cooper reminded her with a sneer.  "Anyway, after that, we ran into Tyler Lucas, who tried to kill my friend.  When I tried to help him, I got the ass beating of my life.  By the way, thanks for asking how I'm doing since I've got these sweet raccoon eyes, fat nose, assorted cuts, and I think what might be bruised ribs from my encounter with batshit Tyler."

On this third finger now, Cooper was settling into his narrative roll.  "After getting the shit kicked out of me, my friend blamed me for Tyler shooting him, basically accused me of trying to get him killed, and then bitched me out for not knowing how to fix his gun shot wound.  I even stuck by that asshole, trying to help him for a few more days.  Because that's what friends do, right?  They support each other when shit goes bad?"  

He looked at Stacy with more than a little disdain and ticked off onto his fourth finger.  "While I was trying to keep that friend alive and kicking, my best friend, the one guy I knew I could count on above everyone else, got killed.  So no best friend, dead friend, and friend who kept me around to have me be his whipping boy.  Then, and then..."

Settling on this thumb, Cooper started to laugh.  It was a sound without mirth or lightness to it.  Shaking his head, he began again.  "And then we encountered a classmate who thought it would be a great idea to pretend to hold a gun to our heads because... fuck if I know!"  He threw his hands up in the air and let out another strange giggle.

"Stupid bitch told us she would blow our brains out and then Cody shot her.  Just...right in the gut."  Cooper pointed a finger at Stacy in the shape of a gun and mimicked the sound of a gunshot.  "And then he wanted to yell at me to help her.  Do something for her.  I couldn't do anything to help him.  What made him think I could do anything for her?  And fucking weirdo Carlos was with her."  

Looking down at the floor, he shook his head again.  This time, it was much more slowly.  "So that's when I decided to call it quits.  I left my friend."  He paused and swallowed hard.  

"I left Cody Patton, the only friend I've found on this whole island, injured and alone, with his sister the killer."  Cooper's sentence was spoken slowly and deliberately.  

He looked back up at Stacy with flat, expressionless eyes.  "I saw her come up to him.  I could have tried to help but I chose to walk away.  He's probably dead now.  So to recap, all of my friend are dead, mostly by other friend's hands, Tyler Lucas is maybe gunning for me, I'm beat to hell, and now I've got you bitching me out for not offering you tea and sympathy."

His expression twisted into a sneer, and his spoke in a mocking falsetto.  "Because you have had a really bad time and it's been hard for you.  Oh no!  Not a rough time for Stacy!"

Cooper shrugged in an off-handed manner.  "Sorry, Stacy.  I'm fresh out of tea and sympathy.  If you want your shit taken care of, do it yourself.  I'm tired.  I'm going to go look for something to eat because Cody had all of my food and shit.  Then, I'm going to sleep.  If you're here in the morning, fine.  If you leave, that's cool too. But if you come near me in the night, I'll break your goddamned neck," he said in a factual tone of voice.

"We clear?"

((Shall we timeskip to the next day and get current?))
Will†

Post by Will† »

Stacy just stood there, shaking her head in disbelief as Cooper ranted on about his time on the island. She didn't understand how he could think that even half of his problems amounted to what she had been through. She wasn't saying that she was the only person having a bad time as Cooper seemed to be suggesting, but not everyone - Cooper included - had to kill someone in order to protect themselves.

What also got on her nerves was that Cooper was acting as if he knew Stacy. He didn't know a single thing about her. She'd never even had a conversation with him until now, yet somehow he seemed to think that she was some melodramatic drama queen.

When Cooper was finished, Stacy chuckled and looked to the ground. She wasn't going to allow him to walk away thinking he had won the argument.

"You're not going anywhere." Stacy said assertively. Now looking back up at Cooper, her eyes locked onto his. "I don't know what's going through your head, but how could you think that even half of your shit is worse than what I've been through? 'Oh no, I got my weapon stolen. Whatever shall I do?'" Stacy mimicked in a childish voice.

"Fuck off. I don't know if I need to remind you Cooper, but I had to kill people. Have you been put into the situation where you had to kill someone? No, you haven't! I don't think you know what it's like Cooper, what it does to you. It stays up here." Stacy lifted up a finger and pointed to her head. "If I ever get out of this place I'm going to have to live with that for the rest of my life. I'm a murderer."

Stacy's bottom lip began to waver, but she didn't let the tears come. She wasn't going to allow herself to cry anymore, especially not because of someone like Cooper.

"As for your point about seeing people die, big whoop! I've seen three people die. Yeah, they may not have been my friends, but I've seen two of my closest friends' rotting corpses. I don't know about you, but that's not the way I want to remember my friends. Oh, and talking about friends, you didn't even know Cody! So don't go pretending that you've stabbed some 'friend' in the back when the only time you've ever talked to him was probably on this island."

She was probably beginning to sound hysterical. She paused for a brief moment to catch her breath before adding in another comment.

"And don't you dare threaten me again."

((Sure, I'll let you do the honors))
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

((Timeskip ahead and slight GMing!  Let me know if this is a problem, Will.))

He raised an eyebrow when Stacy told him he wasn't leaving, not even caring that it made the cut near his eye pull.  'Yeah, whatever.  Like this stupid cunt could even stop me. I'll just rear naked choke her ass,' he thought as she yammered on.  

He had stopped listening. Fuck Stacy and fuck her self-righteous indignation.  Her mouth kept moving but all he heard was blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine.  As if he gave two shit about what she thought or how her day was or whatever she was ragging on now.  Stacy's one shining attribute was her hot body.  Too bad she was ruining that by talking.

She took a deep breath and looked like she was wrapping it up.  He managed to catch the last thing she said. Raking her with his eyes, he let out a dismissive snort.  "Bitch, please.  That wasn't a threat.  That was a statement of fact.  If you fuck with me, I will end you."

Shaking his head, Cooper set off down the dark hallway.  Even Tyler would be preferable to listening to that crazy bitch ramble on. "Paulo was right.  Bitches always be crazy."

A full bladder awoke Cooper. Standing with a stretch and a yawn, he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.  His little nest of pilfered jackets and crumpled up paper wasn't anything like home but it would do.  The familiar ache low in his side prodded him again. He needed to piss like a racehorse.  He contemplated wandering around to find the bathroom but he really didn't want to run into Stacy again.  Although...if he found Stacy....

A true grin spread across his face as he pictured himself waking the bitch with a golden shower.  It would serve her right.  But he didn't know where she was after he left her last night.  And he really had to piss *right now*.  Whistling to himself, he ambled over to one of the trash cans in the corner and unzipped.  If his "keepers" wanted to see them act like animals, he would give them one.  He looked over his shoulder, beamed at where he thought the camera might be, and even tossed off a jaunty wave.

Business handled, his stomach rumbled to let him know that, yes, bitch, I still need food.  He and Paulo had sometimes skipped eating for a day or two as a method of 'making weight' so the situation wasn't dire. Not that they were in any sort of actual event that required them to be at a certain weight.  They did it just to prove that they had the willpower and ability to do it.

Cautiously creeping up the hallway, he heard the loudspeakers fire up.  The litany of names today was like a physical blow, even though he expected to hear Cody's name.  Kyran and Alda, too.  Somewhere, in the back of his mind, he had always thought Alda would make it.  Despite her ragging on their MMA, she was a fighter too.  Someone with a fiery personality and a lot of drive.  Maybe he had had tried to find her, they could have made it together.

Too late now.  A day late and a dollar short, as he grandpa liked to say.  Sitting down hard, he banged his head against the wall.  His heart hurt in a way that he couldn't really articulate.  Maybe if he hit himself hard enough, it would stop.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

((Zubin Wadia continued from Something Something Movie Reference))

The announcements were just noise now. Nobody he really knew about at the moment had died. Corey, well, Zubin was there for that. Hansel was up to six kills, and so was Katarina. The Pattons were out of the game, removed by each other, and Rachael Langdon was dead, so that was one less to look for.

Overall, though, Zubin was feeling safe - he'd been completely alone with his thoughts, the cameras, and his notepad, so he'd been following the main rule - be where the action isn't. Which is why he wished he was at the Western Beach, which was now inaccessible to everyone - unfortunately, he was part of "everyone."

And that's why he was going into the school - with the number of people down to about forty, there was no way that there would be that many people in the school, especially with how big it was. How bad could it be?
Survivor: UCONN - Seriously, it's awesome!

Version 8
Kaede Tsurumi: "Eeep! I-I'm so sorry! I-I'll try not to get in your w-way next time!"
Morgan Whitney
Tyler Slomkowski
Victor Grail: "I didn't give you the lead so that you could lose it! I guess it's up to me to carry us after all."
[+] Version 7
Male Student #65: Manuel Figueroa; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Female Student #63: Christina "Renz" Rennes; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Female Student #70: Jessica Rennes; Status: ACTIVE (Adopted by Brackie)
Female Student #79: Stephanie McDonald; Status: ACTIVE 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ares

Post by Ares »

((Joey continued from In Silent Seas We Drown))

It had been roughly 4 hours since Joey and Kammy had gone their separate ways.  They had been sitting down the previous day listening intently to the announcements and it just kind of came up that they might be better off on their own.  Joey gave Kammy one of his two remaining bandage wraps in case she needed to change her dressing again.

It was a strange feeling for young Mr Grey. Although he'd managed to battle his demons of self-doubt over his stay on island, he still couldn't shake the feeling that he was bad luck to everyone he'd run into.  He glanced at his bag where the block letters read 'B-70'.

"I guess that isn't my lucky number." He mumbled to himself.

The island though was getting smaller and smaller. A few times since the split, Joey had to divert his path due to the danger zones around the island.

They must be getting close to the end if they're trying to herd us like this.

Joey stopped to take another look at his map. He knew he was close to the elementary school, and he knew it wasn't a danger zone. He decided that he would scout it out. The area was the spot where he'd witnessed Yasmin's suicide.

Joey walked for another 5 minutes before coming to where the path opened up into the campus. In the distance ahead of him he saw movement. Quickly Joey ducked into a small tangle of brush off the trail. He strained his eyes, trying to make out who the person was, but all he could tell was that it was someone small.
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
Will†

Post by Will† »

Stacy had been staring at the underside of the teacher's desk for about an hour now. After yesterday's argument with Cooper, Stacy wanted to find a place to sleep that would be out of sight in case he did live up to his threats and try to kill her. As a result, she thought the best place to sleep that would be out of sight would be behind a teacher's desk in one of the classrooms. It wasn't the most comfortable place and she found it difficult to fit her whole body under the desk, but it was better than sleeping out in the open and risk getting killed in the middle of the night.

As soon as the announcement rang out, Stacy jumped to life. She slid out from under the desk and sat up, straining her ears to listen to the announcement in case she missed anything.

It appeared Cooper was right about Cody being killed, although apparently he managed to take his sister down with him. Stacy hadn't been that great friends with Cody. She knew him from the football team and they had some mutual friends so they had talked before as a result of that, but she didn't know him too well. What really hit Stacy was the death of Rachael. She felt a lump form in her throat. Stacy had only been with her a couple of days ago. She couldn't help but think that if Rachael had stayed with her and Miles that she would still be alive. What made Stacy feel even worse that the last time Stacy had seen Rachael she had slapped her across the face.

With a heartfelt sigh, Stacy got up from the floor and perched on top of the teacher's desk. Now that the noise from the announcement had died down, Stacy could hear other sounds coming from the school. Footsteps were echoing around the corridors, and by the sound of it there was more than one person. That meant Cooper wasn't the only person in the school Stacy had to worry about anymore.

Without even stopping to look to see who the newcomers were, Stacy hopped off of the desk, picked up her things and rushed towards the nearest window. She groaned as she tried to lift up the window; they obviously hadn't been used for a very long time. With a final heave, the window slid up with a high pitched screeching sound. Stacy chucked her things through the window before hopping through it herself. Picking up her things, Stacy started off at a light jog, heading away from the school.

((Stacy Ramsey continued in Caught in a Moment))
BetaKnight

Post by BetaKnight »

As he hit his head into the wall, Cooper realized it was stupid for him to sit here and hit himself.  It wasn't making him feel any better.  

But he knew what would make him feel better.

Quickly climbing to his feet, he hurried into his 'den'.  A pod of the object he desired was sitting near the doorway. He picked up the short, dingy student chair closest to him before storming back out into the hallway.  The legs banged on the door frame, making him spin in a little arc.  

Shifting, Cooper gripped a leg in each hand before raising it above his head.  He caught sight of his reflection for a fraction of a second before he smashed the chair against the window.

The window did not immediately shatter but a spiderweb of cracks appeared in it as a few small pieces fell to the floor.  Howling in thwarted rage, Cooper swung again, even harder than before.  This time it disappeared into a shower of fragments that clattered and skittered across the floor.  Without pausing, he pivoted and swung his implement of destruction against another window.

Good.  It was broken and fucked up.  Like him.  Like everything else in this place.  

Broken and useless and nothing could pretend to be functional and whole.  Because it wasn't.  Nothing was.  It all deserved to be trashed.  He would show them.  It would all be broken and ruined.

Caught up in a destructive frenzy, Cooper hurled the chair out of the second window, opening a large gash in his left forearm in the process.  Heedless of the pain, he rushed back into the classroom.  With a grunt, he picked up a student desk near the classroom's windows and threw it.  The thunderous crash and shower of glass was soothing, like a lullaby.  But it wasn't enough.  Not yet.

When he returned to the hallway, he was hauling two more squatty student chairs in his wake.  Screaming again, he lifted the left chair and began bashing the next unbroken window.  Making short work of it, his impromptu battering ram also went flying outside of the school.

As he lifted the second chair above his head, Cooper noticed that someone was standing inside the main doors.  Narrowing his eyes, he ran a few steps towards the newcomer and hurled the chair in their direction.  "Get the fuck out," he roared.  "This is mine!"

Return to “The Elementary School”