I'll draw your character when I'm bored

sometimes even when i'm not bored

Welcome to Artist's Alley! Within, our forum's aspiring artists can showcase their artwork -- be it drawings, sketches, poetry, writings, or any other creative works.
Namira

Post by Namira »

im love him
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

The new crew look super lovely!

I really dig how much personality you're getting into the poses here. Alec is incredibly bendy, and you've done a great job capturing that (and a general sense of motion) in the shots of him. You did a great job making it clear that he's stretching, but also that it's, like, a pretty normal thing for him to have a leg over his head. I'm super impressed by the detail in how his shirt's hanging, too; you really sell this incredibly athletic feat as a sorta casual thing for him, and it just has so much personality.

The girl with the coffee has more or less the opposite sort of energy about her (at least, I assume it's coffee; she looks like she could use a cup of coffee). Something about the way she's leaning forward, her eyes, her glasses and slightly messy hair, it all makes her look kind of sarcastic and deadpan. I can almost hear her making some clever yet biting observation. I don't know if I'm right at all on this, but I love her either way.

The girl in white looks very nice and collected. It's cool how you do the full-body shot of her; even though there's no actual scenery, I can fill in the blank (it looks to me like she's sitting on a low wall, or maybe a bench. Bus stop?). You've done a really good job making her outfit dynamic and interesting despite its being monochrome; her color palette in general is solidly in the whites and light, warm colors, but you find some cooler shades in the greys to make it dynamic and add complexity.

And Hades' outfits are great. I hope he's up on his tetanus shots! I appreciate that he looks less bleak and more contemplative; there's a sort of introspective vibe to him that has me really intrigued. Also, I really appreciate the way you handle zippers, chain, safety pins, and other assorted metal implements of destruction; you take an almost impressionist style in these spots that I think is really canny, bringing a lot of detail and associations without bogging down in too many distracting hard lines. It wisely lets the color contrast do a lot of the heavy lifting.

You're awesome for making these!
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

[+] V8 part 3 biches
click for better resolution
[+] characters
top row: Mason (Prim), Amaryllis (MS), Hunter (Fen), Melanie? (Jilly); bottom: Matt (mine), Katelyn aka Kitty (VoltTurtle)

Hunter's shirt: WOLFBOY sweater
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

I love them all and I want Hunter's shirt
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

These look incredible! Thank you!
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

Makes a gal want to get a... V8 ;) Lovely, lively art as always!

Also the terrorists better not Abduct The Duck or I will throw hands!!!
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
backslash

Post by backslash »

So cute! I'm loving the detail in everyone's outfits.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Everyone looks wonderful!

In particular I love how much personality you put into their poses, and how dynamic and different they all are. You continue to impress, as usual. :3
THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU. READ ABOUT THEM AND PREPARE YOURSELF.
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson
Pregame: -#->
Memory: -#-#->
Prom: -#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-|

Richard Smith
Memory: ->
V7: -#-#-#-#-|

Ming Robinson
Memory: ->

Amber Yates
Pregame: -#-#->
Memory: -#-#->
Prom: -#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-|
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:
G013: Penelope Fitzgerald
G046: Isabel Ramirez

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Image G005: Madeline Wilcox
Image G030: Sara Corlett
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Sunnybunny wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:14 am Also the terrorists better not Abduct The Duck or I will throw hands!!!
Time for the AT to adopt a new pet
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

You did an amazing job!

Mason looks like the coolest kid on the block. I love how effortlessly sulky/chill you made them seem, and their whole ensemble with the backwards hat, the long and kinda messy hair, and the skateboard just scream out what their vibe is (it's a vibe I know well, living two blocks uphill from an impromptu skatepark). I can imagine their voice already just from this image.

I've also getting good vibes from Amaryllis. She has this sort of melancholy look about her (so maybe not good good vibes, if that makes sense? :P ), just in the way her eyes are a little downcast. You've done a lot to give texture and body to a simple outfit here, and her choker, scar, and white streak all come together to make her positively striking nonetheless.

I can't get over Hunter mimicking the art on his shirt. It's such an amazing pose concept and you rock for pulling it off with such charisma, making it super obvious what's going on without overstating it. Also, that's a cool shirt and you did the detail on it really really well! I also love the sort of... I dunno if I'd call it mischievous expression? Maybe "impish" is more apt. Anyways, he looks fun.

Maybe-Melanie has a very nice quiet and restrained air to her which pops excellently when compared to the more energetic/loud kids around her. I love that she's drinking coffee through a straw. Is that normally how you do it? I don't drink coffee. Anyways, you've managed to take a fairly mellow and neutral color palette and make it flow through her whole look well, preventing her from coming off as bland, just... subtle, instead. That takes talent!

Matt has a sort of easygoing yet serious thing going on as he contemplates the adorableness in front of him. The detail I want to really zoom in on here is how you show us a lot about his aesthetic just with how his shirt fits, like he's the sort of guy who gets shirts pretty exactly in his size so they're not tight but they fit well precisely enough that if he does a less conventional position (like the sprawl he has going) they ride up a bit. That's really good attention to the way things lie on people (also he looks pretty fit and that's cool). Also also the duck onesie and the actual duck are just amazing.

Finally, you have Kitty's cute-yet-creepy thing down to a t. She has this sort of intent look and the over-the-shoulder angle helps sell that--it's a catlike expression in a way, like she just saw the laser pointer dart off. And you've done very well with her hood, giving it this nice but rather homemade look.

You rock a ton for making these! I'm always wowed by your talent and generosity. :)
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

the talent................................................
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

Kotorikun wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 pm
Sunnybunny wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:14 am Also the terrorists better not Abduct The Duck or I will throw hands!!!
Time for the AT to adopt a new pet
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Kotori's masterful art style strikes again.
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Василий ТикТок вызов
[+] Vasily Ivanov
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

ahhh thank... thank you,,, Vasily looks amazing in your style! I love the way you captured his personality!
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful

Return to “Artist's Alley”