Real Housewives of Mafia: Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Hey DM, you said you were getting good townfeels from Rugga and MK, but didn’t really expand on those thoughts. I’d like to hear about why you’re thinking that MK and Rugga are town-aligned. Youve been one of the quieter members and Toben did mention that you should be slightly in the hot seat for the moment. We don’t really have much else to go on at the moment, so like, I’d really appreciate it if you could shine some light on your thoughts.
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

these are my thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVDGoUKRjnE

don't don't stop believing

watch this space for when im done being murdered by my homework instead of being murdered by the mafia

well dont watch this space because i cant edit posts

hhh and a j for good measure
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

also consult my avatar
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Brackie wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:56 am No votes.

8 alive means 5 to lynch.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

I’d rather not have a second day where we have a no lynch scenario due to inactivity. We only have so many chances before the Mafia win the game due to general lack of activity.

As for DM’s response, it doesn’t really sit well for me. Overall, DM has either been jokeposting or thrown out statements without saying why he was leaning that way. Without really much else to go on, I’m putting my lynch vote towards him until he expands on his thoughts and contributes more to the game. With the size of the game, I very much doubt there is a scenario where a Jester comes into play.

VOTE: DMBOOGIE
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Vote: Boogie

For mixing up the mafia thread and the songtest thread.

[Calls her spirit advisor to tell her which direction mafia energy is coming from before downing five xanax and a martini]

For real though, because his activity has been low and in games I've been with Boogie in the past where he was mafia he attempted to skirt to the end by laying low. Also because the Kermit kill makes me think that mafia are not very flavorful folks (as in not familiar/interested in the flavor this round) because I suspect someone who was would keep him anyway for the fun factor, and Boogie falls into that category.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Ruggahissy wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:14 pm Vote: Boogie

For mixing up the mafia thread and the songtest thread.

[Calls her spirit advisor to tell her which direction mafia energy is coming from before downing five xanax and a martini]

For real though, because his activity has been low and in games I've been with Boogie in the past where he was mafia he attempted to skirt to the end by laying low. Also because the Kermit kill makes me think that mafia are not very flavorful folks (as in not familiar/interested in the flavor this round) because I suspect someone who was would keep him anyway for the fun factor, and Boogie falls into that category.
kermit was a gift to the world and this thread and im saddened you would accuse me of such a thing

ill say something of actual substance once i get back from this lab, I swear
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

i can't filter the thread by posters like we could in the good olde days so this will be a bit tougher, rip

general thoughts:

MW: Consistently engaged and productive. Seems a bit less active than usual, but I'm fine with not having walls of text to read tbh. Town.
Jimmy: Active, engaged, posts have a lot of substantial reads. Actively pushing for us to actually have an execution today, which is good. Town.
Rugga: Consistently engaged, fooled around a bit more with the flavor side of things but has still chimed in a decent amount with constructive thoughts. Townish.
Fen: Relatively quiet, not much of substance. Still seems to be paying attention at least? Nullish town.
Ricky: Mostly goofs and flavor. SK claim was a weird joke to start off the game, but like, not in a suspicious way? He's here. Nullish.
Skraal: Completely absent first day, but at least they've chimed in now with an apology and a few reads. Nullish.
Blizzard: New and quiet. Basically nothing of substance, not even flavor goofs. Complete null.

kermit: beautiful angel butterfly. goodbye, precious flower. <3

no one really leaps out as scum but we gotta cull the nulls if they aren't gonna offer anything of substance, so my vote's going for the nullest of all:

vote: Blizzard.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

Honestly, those reads aren't too helpful. There's little information to go by here other than "this person is an active poster" or "this person is quiet", I understand that it's day 2 and there isn't much information to go on, but the lack of new information in your post combined with your manifestly unhelpful response to jimmy's prodding earlier puts you as suspect number one here.

VOTE: dmboogie
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Skraal wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:28 am Honestly, those reads aren't too helpful. There's little information to go by here other than "this person is an active poster" or "this person is quiet", I understand that it's day 2 and there isn't much information to go on, but the lack of new information in your post combined with your manifestly unhelpful response to jimmy's prodding earlier puts you as suspect number one here.

VOTE: dmboogie
man we've only got nine pages of thread and like three of those were full of flavor shitposts, i don't have much to work with here, esp. without being able to isolate posts by particular people
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Alright, lemme get out some observations of my own since they're long overdue from me, haha.

I agree that Kermit was anything but low-profile- their posts were pretty hard to miss! That being said, I know I was one of the people who didn't really take him that seriously, and perhaps some other people did too. However, the mafia offing him because of some people disregarding him would take some borderline mind-reading feats to do so, and so that's not really a possibility. Of course if someone disagrees, I'd like to hear that, please and thank you.

I see there's been a bit of discussion involving Rugga and killing the flavour-heavy players. In my opinion, the last part Rugga's post reads as fairly genuine to me, iiiif containing a few flavour jokes. The doesn't discount the possibility of her being part of the mafia that didn't want Kermit killed, but it's not very solid evidence for it, you know?

Right now, it seems DM is in the hot seat. They made a somewhat bizarre post, though I wonder if they're trying to leave breadcrumbs somehow? It seems unlikely reading the post over a few times, but it could still be the case. That being said, DM was asked to elaborate on his reads, which was somewhat delayed. That could though, just be them buying themselves time to organize their thoughts.

One thing I've noticed is that Skraal didn't get much heat after coming back on the second day, with two people agreeing that being inactive the first day and killing Kermit first night wouldn't make sense. I agree that it would seem too obvious of a trick if they were mafia, and the whole incident can be chalked up to coincidence. I thought I was going somewhere with this thought haha. It came from noticing Skraal being the one to call out DM after they made their proper read post, though I don't think it would change much if say, Rugga was the one making that post.

Honestly, DM's posts seem pretty sketchy right now. Reads, imo, aren't the life-or-death kinda reveals that say, a roleclaim is. Yes, people can accuse you of scumbuddying or whatchamacallit, but at least they shouldn't accuse you of lying. Okay, I'm pretty sure somebody in the history of mafia has lied about their reads. Which honestly makes DM's er, reluctance? More baffling to me. VOTE: Dmboogie, at least for now.
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

cool, now we're all on the table
BlizzardeyeWonder wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:13 am Honestly, DM's posts seem pretty sketchy right now. Reads, imo, aren't the life-or-death kinda reveals that say, a roleclaim is. Yes, people can accuse you of scumbuddying or whatchamacallit, but at least they shouldn't accuse you of lying. Okay, I'm pretty sure somebody in the history of mafia has lied about their reads. Which honestly makes DM's er, reluctance? More baffling to me. VOTE: Dmboogie, at least for now.
i was mostly using reads as a barometer for "in the absence of obvious scum, who do we cull for inactivity that isn't me", and that landed on you, but now you're talking so we're all good. i'd like to hear why exactly you find me sketchy, tho - i really don't understand what your point here is.

anyway unvote

vote: skraal

your reasoning for voting me doesn't sit well. my reads weren't exactly hot takes but they were legitimate, and included everyone - there are people who were (at the time) more null than me, so going after me on that level doesn't make sense, and also
your manifestly unhelpful response to jimmy's prodding earlier puts you as suspect number one here.
that's because i was stressed out of my mind for a bit lmao
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

anyway i'd like to hear from:

MW
Fen
Ricky

y'all have been quiet for a few days
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

ah jeeze we're one vote away from a lynch on me.

look, im Dorinda Medley. I don't know if this means anything. I'm a vanilla townie.

this doesn't help my case either from a flavor standpoint (from what ive gathered) or a gameplay standpoint, because lmao vanilla townie, but it's the truth, and since we have ~1 day left i'd rather not get panic-hammered without putting my cards out on the field.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

the table. my cards on the table. are we in a field? maybe there's a table in the field. but my card is displayed, face up. it's the jack of spades. amazing, that's the card i gave you just a few moments ago! oh, no, I'm holding three decks of cards in my sleeves, and they all come tumbling out.

exodus

destroys

all

I tap one water mana.

Return to “Mafia”