Real Housewives of Mafia: Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MY GORGEOUS BRAZILIAN MANIAC. YOU ANIMALS. WHO DID THIS?

[Locks Jersey in the bathroom, weeping]

Real talk I am sad. Kermit was putting so much into his performance. You will be missed.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

JOAnNA yOU FucKiNg bItCh I'lL kIll YOu aaAaaAaAAAAAAaaaAAAAaaAAaaAaAAAAaaaAaaAaAaaAaaaaaAAAaAaaaAaAaaAAaaaAaAaaaaaAaAAAAaaAaaAaaaaaaaaAaaAAaAAaAaAaAAAaaAAaaAAaaaAaaAaAaaaAAaAAAAAaAAAAAAAAaAaaAAAaAaaAaAAaAAAaaAAAAaAaAAaaaaAaaaAAAAAAaaAaaaAaaaaAAAaAAaAAAaaaAAAaaAAaaAAaaaAaaaaaaaAAAaAaAAaAaaAaaAAAAaaAaaaAaAAAAaaaAAAAaaaAaaaAaAaAaAAAAAaAAaaaaAAaAAAaAaAaaAAAAaaAAaaaaAaAAAAaAAaaaaaAaAAAAAaaaAaAAaaAaAaAAaAaAaaaaAaaAaaaAaAAAAAaaaaaAaAAAAAAAaAAAAaaAaAAAaaAaaaaaaaaAAaaAAAaaAAAaaaaAaAaAaAAaAAAaAaAAaaaaaAaAaaaAaaaAAAaAAAaAAAAAaAAaaAAAAAaaAAAaAaAAAaAaAAaAAaaaAAAaAaAaAaaAAAAAaAaAAaaAaAaaAAaAaAAaAaaAaAaaAaAAAaAAaaaaAAaaaAAAaAaaAaAaaaaAaAAAAaAaAAaaAAAaaAAAaAAAaAaaAaaaaAaaaAaaaAaaaaaAAAaAAaAaaAAaaAaaAaAaAAaaaAaAAAaaaAa im dead now goodbye
[+] v7
[+] Michael Froese
Michael Froese - The story of an identity; the story of a matador; the story of a liar; the story of a junkie; the story of a very special frog; the story of a jackal; the story of an oscillator; the story of a ghost; the story of the death of an author; the story of a bunch of other stuff.

THREADS!

PREGAME: Mad world - This...this felt nice. - Michael was incredibly disappointed in himself for actually agreeing to go do something with Beryl. - He wasn't actually all that sorry. - Part of him was worried his real motivation wasn't self-torturing altruism but instead the fact that it was one of the few things that still made him feel.

ISLAND:
Michael and all of his friends were going to be footnotes in a history textbook. - he was folding in on himself like a four-dimensional object in three-dimensional space - Everything was about pain, fear, and love. - "Gave them our reactions, our explosions, all that was ours; For graphs of passion, and charts of stars." - He had a duty to look into someone's eyes as he killed them. - Closure really did sound like nothing at all. - "I wish we were lovers, but it's for the best." - Michael Froese the award-winning murderer. That was who he was now. - "I wanted to lose myself." - "Good and bad, all roads lead to Rome and I just, it hurts too much to be a good person." - "Somewhere out there in the deep blue sea, there's this whale." - "...It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else." - "The neighbors, they adored him for his humor and his conversation. Look underneath the house there, find the few living things, rotting fast in their sleep; oh, the dead," - He gave her a big hug. He buried his head in her shoulder, feeling her cold, spongy, rubbery skin against his forehead. She had no eyes. She had no face. Something had eaten her face. - Michael Froese was a crazy person with a gun. - Validation. - "You don't live in a goddamned movie." - "I miss what it's like to be, like, actually alone." - "Market data inconsistent. Cantor API problem. Trading system offline," - Michael didn't want this. It wasn't like that'd stop him. - "I'm wide awake, it's morning." - He was a spree killer now, he supposed. - When he gave his word, he was giving nothing. - The fact they even existed was being politicized. - "BERYL FUCKING MAHELONA. TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO BERYL MAHELONA," - 'Am I gray?' - A beach covered in unidentified decedents. - He'd never felt anything unconditionally. - "Look around you, you're surrounded.
It won't get any better. And so, goodnight."
[+] Valerija Bogdanovic
The story of a (failed) revolutionary.

THREADS!

PREGAME: August 12th, 2017 - The explosive sound of metal hitting metal

ISLAND:
She turned away. Everything from here on out was for the terrorists to see. - "All of us, we have the chance to actually do something with our lives." - The students were the shark in the box. - Complacency was festering like a tumour. - "She's right. It won't - it won't change anything," - Scraped into the wall, in neatly-styled lettering, the words "If they won't live in peace, then they'll die for peace." - Val needed a gun, - "I do not care for violence without a point," she stated. "My gun is not loaded." - "Juliette, I'm sure you already know this, but you really should take pains to be careful around people who speak only in enthymemes." - "Someone once said, 'Change must come with the barrel of a gun', and they were not wrong." - Two explosions.
destroy the UN08/03/2019
Micheal experienced super position wherein he was both Beryl and he was Beryl's RP site quote. He was sure he could be happy about this but he no longer knew what happiness meant.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Also I didn’t realize until it was too late that the round was over because Ricky and I were out late Saturday
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

NK analysis: Kermit was very active, and paid specific attention to trying to make sure something got done yesterday. He was dissuading coasting and trying to rally the troops, as it were. At the same time, he's less of a high-profile target than some of the other options, making him a potentially safe shot.

I'm town-reading Rugga solidly now because from what I know of her she doesn't really like popping people who are playing well with/highly into the flavor.

I think our scum is either someone who tends to be lower-profile or someone who's experienced enough to take a shot aimed at a good player who's also a bit under the radar in terms of protection options. As such, I'll offer the obligatory advice that we keep Boogie in the hotseat to some degree. I actually don't really think Skraal gains a lot from shooting Kermit and doing so draws some unwanted heat. That said, Skraal, if/when you get a chance, reads and thoughts so far, especially on the end of the phase?

More thoughts in a bit.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

I’ll try to be analyzing when my heart stops being broken come morning after a few cases of wine and cocaine
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

good morning??? i guess

i agree that if skraal Is mafia offing kermit would be a weird move. i also sympathize with spacing out because all the messing around with flavor was kind of hard to follow. >_>

i'm less sure about town-reading rugga because she doesn't like offing people playing in flavor because that seems like an easy way to deflect suspicion, but i'm not particularly suspicious of her or anything? i'd just stay more neutral there, i guess.

more reads when i'm less hungry and tired. quiet people speak up more the usual stuff etc etc
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

rip our premium flavor player

apologies for not hopping on the execution train yesterday, but im willing to buy skraal's apology so maybe it's a good thing i flaked??????

probably not. feeling good townfeels from MW and Rugga, no one really jumps out as suspicious
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Ruggahissy wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:24 am Also I didn’t realize until it was too late that the round was over because Ricky and I were out late Saturday
I was... uh... out pretty late with Victoria Saturday. Guess that checks out. I also went to a ren faire Sunday and left my phone in the car because I didn't want anybody at the faire to call me a warlock. Got home, was fucking dead. Sorry for not really saying much at the end there. Before I go off to do actual work, I should give my thoughts on the Kermit death:

Somebody clearly hates fun because he was one of the things actually making this game worth playing >:(

Not sure I agree with him being a super low profile target and a safe bet for a kill. He was, as Toben says, 'rallying the troops' or at least trying to inspire discussion in... his own unique way, but it was actually working. Plus his dedication to the flavor shows he was willing to do some research which highlights potential risk. Places him at a mid-high tier target status, below somebody with the familiarity of, say, Iktor, but above like... I'unno, pick somebody at random. Boogie?
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

Nooooooooo, not my girl, Kermit! That bites :(.

My read is that from yesterday, Kermit was probably one of the higher profile targets considering he was the one of the people alongside Toben really driving discussions and pushing hard for a lynch. Plus, as pointed out by Ricky, he was one of more flavourful girls and having knowledge of the series could be seen as dangerous.

As for suspicious people, it almost seems too obvious for Skraal to be a Mafia considering how Kermit shined a light on him as a potential lynch. While it can be something to keep at the back of our minds, maybe we should look down over avenues.

As Toben mentioned, Boogie could be seen as suspicious considering that Kermit sorta semi-targeted him but played it off as just trying to get him to talk. There’s not really much else to go off from suspecting him apart from being quiet yesterday, but that could be chocked to how how flavourful the shining day of yesterday as.

One thing I am thinking about is Blizzard. Kermit was the one yesterday who gave a pro-town reading to her actions when she was slightly in the spotlight. It could be possible that Kermit was killed so that the Mafia could profit out of Blizzard’s new-ness and attribute her naive actions to being Mafia or some clever gambit on Blizzard’s part to get suspicion off her something. At the moment, I’m leaning possibly towards the former as the latter seems really shaky and relies on assumptions.

I’m happy for more thoughts. Haven’t played Mafia in ages so my skills are rusty as hell.
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

I disagree with Toben's strong town read of Rugga here. Though it may be true that she typically doesn't like to kill off good flavour players early, the scum team is comprised of multiple people, and kermit was a fairly good target for them to take out, all things considered. I don't think Rugga would be able to convince the rest of the scum team away from taking out a decently high value target just because the player is fun to play with. Plus, her post right after kermit's death reveal strikes me as either stealth gloating, or perhaps frustration due to her team having to kill someone that she'd rather not have targeted.

In any case, I don't think this is enough evidence for a lynch train, but I think that it's rather premature to read anyone as "solid town".
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

It’s fine to be suspicious of me as it’s fairly early on and I think everyone is somewhat suspicious of everyone else but your reasoning is bunk.

Either my post is gloating or it’s legit sad but either reading (and they are two totally opposite ones) = scum by your analysis. If you say “hey I don’t think just because Rugga likes flavor players isn’t enough reason to count her as town” that is one thing but your scum either way reading of my post reads a bit as laying foundation that I’m scum, to me.
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

I'm not saying that those are the only two explanations, just that those are possible explanations that contradict Toben's thesis. He asked me for my thoughts, and I didn't want to waste everyone's time by repeating other people's reads, so I put forward an idea that hadn't been much considered at that point. This early in the game, we don't have much to go on, so the majority of reads are nearly all speculation anyway.
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Oh wow, Kermit got fired. I guess for the reasons other players have posted he'd make a good target, though I didn't really expect that. I thought the mafia would at least spare him for the fun factor. :/

As for reads on this, I dunno yet. Though the thing about this mafia is that it's small, so there's a bit less uncertainty, in a way? At least there are less people to read. Speaking of those, I ought to search through the posts and get some reads on people eventually, but maybe on a day I have less math homework.
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Mmmm fair @skraal

Let it be known this mafia hates fun.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

No votes.

8 alive means 5 to lynch.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!

Return to “Mafia”