The Virgin Sea

-private for now-

The shoreline by the docks is made up of various sizes of shingle rocks that need to be traversed over before sand can be reached. Large tide pools and rocky outcrops are also visible, with the waves crashing around them. The rock formations add to the danger of the area, as the swell they help cause makes venturing out into the water a perilous prospect.
Grim Wolf

The Virgin Sea

Post by Grim Wolf »

[Lizzie Luz concluding from Drip]

This was a bad idea.

She knew it.  Of course she knew it.  Tyler had pointed out as much, in his own oblique way.  But now Tyler was a mess of a man barely keeping himself in order, and terse Keith was terser still, and there was no sign of Nancy Kyle or anyone else, just these fellow madmen on their strange mad quest and...

And Lizzie had to pee.

She'd excused herself with a minimum of fuss, heading out past the stairwell, out past the creepy-ass murder bathrooms.  She squatted down outside--hardly the first time she'd had to do so, in the middle of a long hike.  She looked away at that big big ocean, that impossible infinity of water where there were other stories and other people somewhere far far away, and...

And she had seen them moving along the coast.  Two women.  One she vaguely recognized.  One she definitely recognized.  Lily.

She followed without thinking, with just the slightest twinge of doubt and regret.  But that was her cousin, and they'd already lost so many people, Tina and Sabrina and Lettie, and it was Tyler she was thinking of, Tyler and Harold reaffirming their friendship in the murderous dark, Tyler grieving for the love he'd lost, and Lizzie hadn't ever really been in love with anyone, nothing besides a few fun nights of fleeting impulse, but that was her cousin and she didn't want to lose anyone else and

And they were on the beach before she recognized the woman Lily was with.  Connected face to name.  Connected name to Announcement.  

It wasn't fear that filled her then.  It was rage, and something like curiosity.  With the surf rolling in and the sea breeze against her and Isabel Ramirez in front of her, Isabel Ramirez who'd killed Tina. too, Isabel Ramirez standing next to Lily and the two of them looking at ease, almost friendly.

"How could you!" she shouted, because in that moment there was more anger than fear.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

((Isabel Ramirez continued from End of the Line))

Isabel realized that the shore wasn't really less boring than just sitting in the darkness of the gym locker rooms.

Still, the movement helped her feel less stiff, and at least she had something to look at out here. The sea was peaceful and serene, the air fresh and clean. The sounds of waves washing up against the shore soothed her, and that was worth it by itself.

She still didn't have anyone to talk to, though. Lily had only paltry responses at best, like usual, but looking out at the sea made Isabel feel the need to speak anyway. "This place is so nice," she began, her voice quieter than usual. "Glad there aren't any bodies around to ruin the vie-"

Someone shouted at her. Her head twisted around to the source of the noise, a brief "huh?" escaping her lips.

It was Eliza, running up towards the two of them. Yet another member of the inbred, idiotic, pain-in-her-ass Luz clan trying to interfere in her business despite her being obviously armed to the teeth. Part of Isabel almost couldn't believe how stupid her classmates apparently were. Every single one of them might as well be lemmings jumping off of cliffs.

She glared at Eliza for a moment before speaking, her voice dripping with contempt. "How could I what? Kill Tina? She was there, I didn't like her, I needed a kill, I killed her. Plain and simple."

Isabel looked Eliza up and down, not seeing any visible weapons on her person. Eliza wasn't a threat in the slightest, Isabel could presumably walk right up to her and stab her a couple of times and be done with it. For once, though, she didn't feel like killing yet another one of her idiotic classmates. She was exhausted, and still somewhat shaken by the circumstances of Astrid's death. She didn't want to deal with this right now.

"Look," Isabel began, her voice blunt, "I'm in a bit of pain..." Isabel gestured to the bandages wrapped around the various parts of her body. "...and I'm generally in a pretty good mood right now. I really don't feel like getting my hands dirty again today. Back the fuck up and leave me the hell alone, and maybe you'll get to keep the blood inside your body for a few more days. Capiche?"
THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU. READ ABOUT THEM AND PREPARE YOURSELF.
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson
Pregame: -#->
Memory: -#-#->
Prom: -#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-|

Richard Smith
Memory: ->
V7: -#-#-#-#-|

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
Pregame: -#-#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-|
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:
G013: Penelope Fitzgerald
G046: Isabel Ramirez

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Image G005: Madeline Wilcox
Image G030: Sara Corlett
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Oh no. No, no, no, not this. Anything but this.

((Lily Caldwell continued from End of the Line.))

One moment, Lily had been following Isabel. Looking around and wondering if her remaining supplies were still buried around here. Not calm. Not relaxed. But as close to it as she'd been since the start of this game And the next moment everything had done a complete 180.

Lily had been expecting, perhaps, to hear Lizzie or Emma on the announcements. She hadn't been looking forward to it, but if that had happened... well, it had to happen, didn't it? But not this. Not Lizzie turning up in front of her, in front of Isabel, making a beeline right for them.

Lily said nothing. Although her eyes were so wide in fear that the whites could be seen all around. She gripped the strap of her bag like it was the only rope keeping her from plummeting off a cliff.

How could you. Lily didn't know if it was directed at Isabel or at Lily herself. Maybe both. And what could she say? 'I'm biding my time?' She couldn't say that in front of Isabel, it'd get her killed.

Lily took a step back, stepping just barely out of Isabel's sight, before mouthing at Lizzie to go. Run. Or be peaceful, as much as it pained to do so.

Anything that wouldn't make this Tina all over again.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Her question had been hurled at both of them, and both women turned to face her.  Lizzie felt her heart beating oh-so-quick against her ribcage, her fingers curling and uncurling.  She was in mortal danger, her life could end at any moment, and she had chosen this, after all her running from the fights and feuds of her family she had rushed into this and for what?

This wasn't Nancy Kyle, who'd become the looming shadow over all of Lizzie's thoughts. In some ways this was worse.  Isabel had killed Tina.  Isabel had killed...why the hell was Lily here?  "How could you?" she'd asked, less because of Isabel and more because she didn't understand what Lily could possibly be doing with Tina's killer.

Lily and Isabel separated a little.  Lily was mouthing something, but as Lizzie tried to make sense of it, Isabel started talking.

"How could I what? Kill Tina? She was there, I didn't like her, I needed a kill, I killed her. Plain and simple."

All her fear and confusion left her in one great heave.  The rage returned: the rage that had made her want to pry the eyes from Nancy's god damn head.

And Isabel.  Kept.  Talking.

"I really don't feel like getting my hands dirty again today. Back the fuck up and leave me the hell alone, and maybe you'll get to keep the blood inside your body for a few more days. Capiche?"

"Can you...can you fucking hear yourself?" Lizzie asked, ignoring Lily for the moment, staring in disbelief at the small, psychotic, belligerently stupid woman who'd killed so many.  "Do you understand who fucking stupid you sound? 'Maybe you'll get to keep the blood inside your body for a few more days'."  She raised her voice to a mocking falsetto that had frequently driven her siblings to violence as she imiitated Isabel.  "How does a person get so stupid, Ramirez?  Tell me, because I don't get how you can be so fucking dumb and not have drowned on your own spit sometime in the last few minutes.  But you're not even the worst of it, are you!"  Her voice was going faster and faster, in unconscious imitation of David Tennant's rapid-fire Doctor.  "No, because stupid's excusable!  No cure for stupid except death.  But Lily!"  She turned her glare on her cousin.  "You can't be that dumb.  You can't.  If you were that stupid our entire family would have to be retarded because that kind of stupid you've got to be born with, right?"

Her eyes flicked back to Isabel, blazing with indignant disgust.  "How can you fucking stand there?" she demanded, and the question was really mean for both of them.  "How can you fucking justify yourself!  What is the fucking point of either of you?"

The curiosity returned, as painfully acute as her anger.  The question she'd needed to answer since she'd heard Nancy's name on the Announcements.  How could anyone be a killer?  

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[/url]

V6

V5

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

"How can I justify myself?" Isabel sneered, unable to keep her utter disdain held in.

She started giggling, it was just too hilarious to her. A girl that had willingly run up to the most dangerous single person on the entire island and decided to verbally lay into her was calling her stupid. Isabel's giggling turned to outright laughter before it turned into a fit of coughing. Isabel wheezed as she clutched her side where Asha had stabbed her, grimacing.

Shaking her head, Isabel looked back up at Eliza, her head now tilted to the side. Despite the fact that Eliza was so stupid as to almost be entirely unbelievable, she still wasn't about to let any of those insults go unpunished. Isabel cracked her neck, returning her head to a normal resting position, focusing intently on the other girl. "Look," she began, her voice openly sinister. "Let me explain this to you slowly, since you're obviously special."

She dropped her sickle down onto the sandy turf below her, pulling her knife out of her pocket and twirling it once in her hand before gripping it firmly. "You have a problem with me killing?" She looked at Eliza with pure contempt and began slowly walking towards her. "You know the rules. If nobody kills anyone else for the entire day, the terrorists that put us here would just blown all of us up. You apparently hate me so much, yet I'm the only reason your sorry ass is still wasting precious oxygen."

Isabel held her blades facing outwards, her arms relaxed. She spoke slightly more quietly, as her soon-to-be victim backed up away from her. "But besides that... why would I kill? To keep myself alive, plain and simple. The more I kill, the closer I am to being the survivor. Although, I guess there is one other reason, but it's a secret..."

She looked the girl dead in the eyes, her pace still moving her slowly towards her.

"...Why don't you let me whisper it into your ear..."
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

It was out there now. Not only had Lizzie not run, but she'd exploded on Isabel. Saying so many insults that Lily had wanted to say. But things that Isabel would never accept and walk away from. And in the midst of that rant, she'd turned her anger on Lily.

Now Isabel had to know. Lizzie had said 'our family.'

This burning ball of shame had buried itself in Lily's stomach since Tina's death, sending out little molten waves whenever it got too quiet. It receded a little once she had made the decision to kill Isabel, then gotten worse once she'd allied with her. And now Lizzie's words had just detonated it.

Lily only had the justification of 'I was biding my time' and 'I wanted to live' and it just seemed so flimsy while staring right at her cousin screaming at her. She looked down. Might have stared down, not meeting Lizzie's eyes, for a long time if Isabel hadn't started up.

No. Nonono. Isabel was moving forward, and she was laughing, and talking in words that made no sense. Lily looked up to see Lizzie backing away, and Isabel keeping the space between them. Talking calmly, too calmly.

It was going to happen again.

Lily was just going to let it happen, like she had with Tina.

"No."

Not defiant. Too shaky, too soft, to be anything but begging. Might not have even been noticed if Lily hadn't taken a couple of rushed steps forward and grabbed Isabel's arm, circling her tiny, stick arms around as tightly as she could and anchoring her useless, tired feet as well as she could in the sand.

"Don't. Just... please."
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Lizzie tensed.

There was Isabel, creeping closer, a murderous leer on her face, her weapons handy.  Idiot, Lizzie.  Getting this close to a killer, and for what?  For answers you don't need?

Except she did need them, didn't she?  She needed to know why Lettie, and Tina, and Sabrina, and Harold, and Ty's girlfriend, and...and everyone had...it didn't make sense.  It didn't make sense.  No part of it made sense, and she felt so wrong-footed, like she had since she'd heard those first Announcements, a litany of the dead and a litany of their killers and for what?

"Don't you dare," she hissed, even as she backed away.  "Don't you...you're not doing it for us.  You're doing it for you.  What makes you so special?  Why do you deserve to live any more than..."

She trailed off as Lily stepped forwards, with her quiet plea, her quiet gesture.  Lily cared.  It really looked like Lily cared.  So why...

"She killed Tina, Lil," Lizzie whispered, staring at her cousin.  "She...and you..."

Nothing made sense.  The world was wrong.

She shifted backwards, considering what a mistake this had been.  She didn't see the rock half-buried in the sand behind her.  It caught her heel: she fell.

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Isabel ignored Lily's feeble attempt at holding her back, yanking her arm out of Lily's grip and hearing the girl fall to the ground.

She had a lot of things she wanted to say to Lily, but they would have to wait until the situation that was in front of her was taken care of.

Isabel crept ever closer to Eliza, continuing to respond to her despite the fact that her words were meaningless. "I deserve to live because I worked hard in my life to get where I am, unlike you lot. The only other person I could say that for is dead now, so I'm the next logical choice to be the sole survivor."

Isabel cracked her neck again as she stood just a few meters away from Eliza. "The only other person I would be okay with surviving is the girl that just fell on her ass behind me, hence why I'm protecting her. Nobody else deserves it."

She was lying through her teeth, but she needed to keep up appearances. So long as it looked like she cared about Lily despite not knowing her, that made her look better.

She felt Lily grab her arm from behind again, and stopped briefly. She turned her head towards her for a moment, before violently yanking her arm away, throwing Lily to the ground from the force.

"But like I said," she began again, as she loomed over the freshly fallen Eliza. "I have another reason for killing."

Using her sword to keep herself steady, Isabel quickly knelt down to Eliza's level, hissing quietly into Eliza's ear, her next statement barely audible even to herself.

"It's because I think it's fucking fun."

The end of the sword was quickly brought down into Eliza's torso, a sickening squelching noise being heard as bits of Eliza's organs were liquefied and her blood leaked out of the newly created wound. Standing up and pushing the sword deeper into Eliza, Isabel paused briefly, savoring the pain she had just inflicted, before ripping the bloody blade from the broken girl's flesh.

The newly inflicted wound wasn't one that would be survivable. Isabel could savor the pain more if she just let Eliza bleed to death as she watched.

Or, she could use this as an opportunity.

She had heard what Eliza said. Lily was related to the Luz family. Not something she expected, given that Lily seemed to have a fairly level head on her shoulders, but it certainly explained why Lily had wanted to kill her. All of that just for the sake of avenging Tina. And now she had yet another family member of Lily's under her heel. Isabel didn't need this kill, she already had enough to her name to be threatening. No, instead she could use this. She could make Lily finish her cousin off, all under the guise of wanting to get her ally the kill she would need to go home. Push Lily to be even further under her control, so she won't get any dangerous ideas in the future.

"Hey, Lily..." Isabel said, turning her attention back towards the small girl. "I have an idea. You haven't gotten your first kill yet, right? Well..." Isabel stomped on Eliza to keep her held still, a miniature geyser of blood erupting from Eliza's wound as the girl cried out in pain. "I was thinking," she continued, "that maybe you could get this kill. This is supposed to be a partnership, right? How can this partnership be complete if you have no chance of getting to go home yet?"

Isabel cocked a slight smirk. "Just pick up the sickle, and slit her throat. It'll be easy, trust me."
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

"I know! I know, I..."

There was too much Lily couldn't say. She wanted Lizzie to know why she was with Isabel, she didn't want Lizzie to look at her like that, like she was some kind of confusing, mutated monster. Of course she knew what Isabel had done. She'd seen it. How could she not know?

She tried to stop Isabel, but there was nothing she could do. Isabel just didn't want to stop, and Lily was nothing but twigs and leaves to be brushed aside. The first push was nothing, but the last one sent Lily tumbling proper.

Her hands scrabbled over the ground, hoping for something. A rock like the one Lizzie had tripped on. Something. Anything. So she could do something!

But she couldn't. There was nothing.

There was a squelching noise. Lily could only cover her face and try to block it out, but she couldn't block out the... the noises. Couldn't block out that it was Lizzie. The others... Steve, Asha, Astrid, she could block out the details, but not Lizzie.

And it wasn't over. Why wasn't it over? Why would she wish for it to be over?

Lily peeked through her fingers, and a strained sob escaped her throat, though the sound was lost under the sound of Lizzie crying out. Isabel was stomping on the wound, she was also talking, again she was talking, why was she always talking, but for once she was saying something important, if not in the way that Lily had ever wanted.

Easy? It'd be easy to kill Lizzie? What kind of... what kind of person was Isabel? To think that murdering her own cousin could be easy? She knew Isabel was evil, was stupid, and didn't seem to understand why anyone would want to kill her but... but this...

She couldn't kill Lizzie. Her names would be all over the announcement. Emma would know. Her family would hear. And she just couldn't do that... leaving Tina to die, that was bad, but taking the weapon to Lizzie herself? Lizzie, who grew up with?

The sickle was lying next to her. Lily reached out with a badly-shaking hand and touched the handle.

Isabel might kill her if Lily didn't do as she said. And even if she didn't, Isabel had the supplies. Isabel was her only protection. And... and wasn't Lizzie already bleeding? Wasn't Isabel making Lizzie hurt? Didn't that mean Lizzie would never survive long enough, anyway?

Was it murder, really? Would it really be her fault? She couldn't save Lizzie properly, so... so she'd just be sparing Lizzie some pain and saving herself in the process, wouldn't she? It wouldn't be her fault.

Lily got to her feet. She took two steps forward. Holding the sickle close. It was sticky and red and she wanted to vomit. Tears were trickling down her face, snot dribbling from her nose, and Lily didn't know how long she'd been crying for.

Lizzie was staring at her. Still staring at her with that... that look.

Lily didn't want to be stared at like that. Lily didn't want to see what she was going to do. It wasn't her fault. It wasn't her fault! She closed her eyes so she wouldn't have to see it any more.

She swung the sickle wildly, aiming to slash the throat and put Lizzie out of her misery. She might have hit target, except that she'd closed her eyes. She missed the throat. But she didn't miss Lizzie entirely.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

And Lily was protesting, and what did any of that matter because Isabel was moving towards her, and Lizzie moved away and

Tripped.  Fell.

An accident.  Was that all it took?  One miserable accident, and everything goes wrong?  Lizzie's faster than Isabel on a good day: now, covered in bandages, what are the chances that Isabel can catch her?  Getting this close was absolutely a mistake, but she can fix it.  She can...

Tripped.  Fell.  Empires are lost on smaller things.  Whole worlds fallen, because of the wrong words in the wrong ears

doesn't she look a little tired

She tripped.  She fell.  Isabel was already upon her as she scrabbled to her feet (so close and so fast and Lily had done nothing to help her what was this nightmare world into which she'd willingly walked how-)

She felt the sword first as a cold pressure against her bowels.  It didn't even hurt: it was just this overwhelming, heavy feeling in her stomach.  

Fucking fun.

She lay there in a daze.  She tried to rise, and a wave of weakness washed out from her stomach.  A moment later, and Isabel's foot slammed down from the dark height, right on the wound.  That she felt, spikes of fire racing up and down into her chest and down into her thighs.  She squealed in pain until she ran out of breath, and then gasped for air.

Fun.  That was it.  Fun?  No, more than that, right?  She deserved it?  She deserved to do this to people, over and over again?  How many was it now?  She knew Tina, for sure: she hadn't really been listening to the others.

And wasn't that a fat stack of dickery right there.  Only the ones who matter to you, you selfish woman.

Fucking Christ this hurts.

She was still panting with the pain, her thoughts drifting far away, except Isabel was talking and now Lily was standing above her, Lily holding a sickle, Lily standing by this killer, this murderer, and even if Lizzie was a selfish bitch it was their family she'd murdered so why the hell was Lily standing there and-

She raised the scythe.  

"Assholes," grunted Lizzie, tears in her eyes and coals in her belly.  "Ass...you don't...deserve...

The scythe swung, and buried itself in her shoulder.  And Lizzie bucked against the pain, and that stirred the embers in her guts, and her scream, high and bright, tore up across the island and across the waves.

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

((Coleen Reagan, continued from Cooking Up Trouble))

When Coleen first stormed out of the asylum, gun in her hands and spear wedged through the strap of her daypack, she remembered her first enemy being the sun in her face. Then it was the pain in her soles, the rapidly-developing calluses in her hands from handling the heavy, violent piece of metal that so far had done her no good. It gave her another weapon, and it took a friend without removing her original target now. Yes, she had a target now.

None of those prior concerns meant a thing to her anymore, not when the only scene she could play in her mind was the one in which Alessio finally got the boot. The wind was to her back now, spraying her ponytail over her shoulder and itching her in the neck. It was an annoyance, but it beat having her hair over her eyes. That brought back a memory of the first day, the one in which she had run into those boys. Arthur... it was when she first ran into Arthur, and he had decided to stick with her.

The memory of her fallen companion loosened from the forefront of her thought as a scream pierced the air. Coleen recognized it through media as not just a scream of pain, but the scream of somebody who was about to die.

That wasn't exactly true. Movies nor even the greatest of thespians could reproduce what it truly sounded like for somebody to be on the verge of death. To know this all to well was one of Coleen's burdens, as well as a burden to everybody else trapped here like rats on a rock. Be that as it may, the scream most assuredly wasn't Alessio's; it was a girl's, and it didn't quite sound like Vanessa's, either. Maybe it was B.B.? Was B.B. on the island after all?

Against her better judgement, Coleen made her way over the rocks as cautiously as her aching body would let her. She saw, down near the breaking waves, three girls. Two standing, one on the ground. The sand around the prone girl had been soaked a lovely mahogany, gruesome testament to the act being carried out. But the girl wasn't B.B.

It wasn't one of her bandmates.

She had nothing to do with this. She could walk away, pretend she never saw anything, and just listen to what had happened on the announcements. Or... or she could...

"Damn it..." Coleen whined, making her best attempts to quell the trembling in her hands as she picked the pace up into a run. The pack and spear jostled, the gun in her arms shook and her only trains of thoughts were 'Alessio's getting further and further away' and 'I'm putting myself in harm's way for next to no reason.' The trains collided at Thought Station in a fiery explosion. There were no survivors.

"HEEEEEY!" Coleen screamed. "STOP IT! STOOOOOOP!"
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Isabel wasn't exactly surprised that Lily could barely even hurt Eliza, she actually wasn't even expecting her to try.

She was still, however, pleased with the fact that Lily had done something at all. The intent behind it was what mattered, so now if Lily wanted to hold Tina's death over Isabel's head, Isabel could just remind her that she harmed one of her own family members, so she isn't any better.

"Nice try, sugar lumps. Not really going to be a lethal wound, at least compared to that stomach injury..." She stomped on Eliza again, watching another miniature geyser of blood erupt from her belly. "But, you know, you can always try again. And hell, you can even think about how slicing her neck open will make her encroaching death all the quicker, if it helps you sleep at night."

Isabel cracked her neck. "So like I said... try aga-"

The sound of screaming coming from the distance jostled Isabel out of her thoughts. A girl was running at them, holding a gun, screaming at them to stop.

Seeing a gun come into play was the only incentive Isabel needed to get the hell out of dodge.

Grabbing Lily's hand, she barked at her to run, yanking her along with as the two of them sprinted away from Eliza. No time to think, now was the time to run as fast as the two of them could manage.

((Isabel Ramirez continued in The World's an Ugly Place, but I'm Still Afraid to Die))
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

She hadn't even gotten it right. She didn't have to open her eyes to know that. All she'd done was make the pain worse. And Isabel was telling her to try again, and there was another squelching noise.

"Stop it!" Lily's whimpered demand for Isabel to stop stomping on Lizzie like that was drowned out by a new voice. Lily cracked one of her eyes open to see who it was, immediately regretting it when she saw the bloody mess that Lizzie was.

It was Coleen. Lily had completely forgotten she was still alive. Lily's brain, stunned by everything that was happening, couldn't really focus on why Coleen running at them was important. Didn't notice the gun, didn't really think.

Even when Isabel grabbed her hand, Lily only really left because Isabel yanked her away. Feet only moving enough to stop her from falling over from the force.

The last thing she saw on the shoreline was Lizzie, burned into her brain like a brand.

It wasn't her fault. She hadn't... she hadn't wanted... hadn't meant...

((Lily Caldwell continued in The World's an Ugly Place, but I'm Still Afraid to Die.))
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

The blade pried away, tearing a ragged line of pain against his shoulder.  Lizzie's gasp crescendoed into another shriek as Isabel's foot ground into the wound again.  She could feel the sodden blood-soaked weight of the shirt pressing against her sides.  She was aware of everying: the tumorous emptiness of the wound in her should, the terrible waning pressure of the wound in her belly and the fissures of fire radiating out from where Isabel had hurt her, the way sweat and surf were making her hair stick to her forehead, how hard it was to breathe, how much her legs ached.  She was lost in her body, lost in the flood of sensations, pain and weakness and exhaustion.

Until Isabel turned to run, grabbing at Lily's hand.

The foot hurt.  Seeing her cousin hand-in-hand with that monster...that was worse.

She was wrong.  She was so, so wrong.  So, so stupid.  She hadn't imagined...she hadn't believed...even when she'd fantasized about having Nancy's throat between her hands, she had wanted there to be a reason.  She had wanted to know why.

And the answer was this: there were monsters in the world, and no amount of cleverness or bravery could make them stop.  Monsters had to be killed, before they killed you.

She pressed her hands against her bloody stomach wound (even as her shoulder screamed in bloody protest against being moved).  Tears filled her eyes, and she started sobbing.

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Drawing closer only painted the picture of the scene in further detail. The painting was a gory one; the girl on the ground was a mess, with blood seeping from around her chest or her shoulder and around her abdomen. Her hair, thrown about in a mess and soiled with sand and sweat and maybe a little blood, was something of a battle scar and proof of the violent struggle that had been going on for who knows how long before she got there. Probably not long. It never really took anybody too long to kill anybody else in this place, not when nobody was really adequately prepared to defend themselves.

Weak sobs competed against the sound of crashing waves and though they only barely struck Coleen's ears, a knot instantly tied itself around her chest and she felt like crying along with the girl. It would have been no different if it were one of her brothers she was hearing. The time Ronnie skinned up his knees and nearly busted his wrist riding his bicycle straight into a tree came to mind. Maybe it wasn't the same exact situation but she treated it similarly, squeezing her left thumb in her fist to distract her from the tightness in the chest. She'd be the big sister here, if just for a little bit.

By the time Coleen came around to the girl's side, she was able to ascertain two things. First, the sobbing wreck on the shore was none other than Lizzie Luz; she was only passingly familiar with the girl and they shared few if any common interests, but often gave that messy, short hair of hers a sideways glance and envied how easy it must have been to take care of. The second thing she realized almost straight away was that the wounds over the girl's body were severe. So severe, in fact, that dread of the worst scenario was already hanging overhead. Pushing the cloth of her dress firmly over her knees to take some of the sting away from the sand, Coleen lowered herself closer to Lizzie's side.

"Hey..." she spoke, the AK tucked high up across her thighs close to her belly. Hands hovered over Lizzie, deciding what to do and if it was worth placing any sort of compress on the girl who, sadly, was probably not going to live much longer. "It-ah, It's over now... they're gone, they ran off," Coleen said, searching for the right words. "Are you okay?"

She wanted to slap herself so hard at the question. The only way Lizzie could be less okay than she was right now was if her throat was slit and the light had left her eyes. Coleen fought the urge to wince, sizing up the wounds. With Arthur's death still fresh in her mind, she figured it was half pessimism and half realism that there was nothing she could do to save her, but maybe it was possible to dull the pain in the slightest. A quick rummage through the daypack retrieved the first aid kit, but she couldn't remember for the life of her whether these things had pain pills or not until her trembling hand pulled out the treasure to her search: a bottle of ibuprofen.

It'd do jack diddly, but maybe it'd at least take the edge off.

"Just hold on, I got something for you..." Coleen tried to assure Lizzie, managing her strongest smile.

Return to “Shoreline”