Paradies Naiv

[PRIVATE] [Content Warning: Gore, Pretentious Artsy Bullshit]

With access being found at the very top of the stairs in the asylum, the roof is the second highest point on the island. As the only people who ever needed access to the roof were workmen, there's no fencing of any kind, meaning a long drop is only a slip away. The roof itself is covered in moss and weeds; this combined with parts of it being sloped at steep angles and a significant amount of loose tiles and bits of roofing falling away make navigating it a treacherous prospect. There are, however, flat spots of roof that contain the power junctions for the asylum's electricity, offering anyone trying to navigate the roof a chance to rest.
Riki

Paradies Naiv

Post by Riki »

[[Lucilly Peterson, continued from a dr34m come true]]

It had been a stroke of ill fate, had Lucilly believed in such ludicrous concepts. In fact, the word fate itself implied with all it's majestic might that the course of a human had been laid clear by a power higher than any actor on this world's stage. The truth of the situation was simple, as was it's cause. Lucilly was somewhere, and Dorothy was somewhere else. It was inconvenient, though in a most improper moment of joy Lucilly had let herself go. She had started skipping and dancing and humming along, and along the way she had lost sight of her friend.

An inconvenience indeed, a most dire one. Lucilly wished to help, to help Dorothy in her quest - whatever it is that is the goal of hers - and yet it was even for the dimmest of god's creatures clear to see. If Lucilly was not where Dorothy was, then Lucilly could not aid Dorothy.

Such a tragedy. Such a bold move, when Lucilly - to solve this little problem - thought quickly and clearly, and went straight to where she would see the best. A rooftop, though dangerous in it's lacking security features, it delivered with an awful view. An awful view, that did not contain the entirety of the island. Yet, her eyes could see far enough. Or so Lucilly hoped.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

((Isabel Ramirez continued from The World's an Ugly Place, but I'm Still Afraid to Die))

The stairs leading up to the rooftop creaked and moaned with every step taken.

Isabel didn't really have a reason as to why she wanted to go to the asylum's roof. She had simply been wandering around the halls aimlessly, hearing the sounds of footsteps and little voices echoing through the corridors, constantly keeping on her toes. Enemies were everywhere, and Isabel has to deal with them one by one until they were all gone.

Lily was slowly making her way up the stairs just behind Isabel, a follower who was only with her to make her look better. She pondered how their partnership was inevitably going to end, as she took a few more steps upwards. Would she be wounded in a firefight, and thus allow Isabel to fake sorrow over her death for the cameras? Or would she finally snap and make an attempt at Isabel's life, only to be shut down and killed in self defense? Time would tell, eventually, but Isabel internally dreaded either outcome, not wanting to be alone yet again.

The door to the rooftop sat slightly ajar as the duo made it to the top of the stairs, the smell of the outside air being refreshing compared to the musty air filling the asylum. Isabel shouldered the door completely open, shielding her eyes from the harsh sunlight as she stepped out onto the roof.

It was there where she was greeted by yet another enemy.

"Oh... goddammit."
THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU. READ ABOUT THEM AND PREPARE YOURSELF.
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson
Pregame: -#->
Memory: -#-#->
Prom: -#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-|

Richard Smith
Memory: ->
V7: -#-#-#-#-|

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
Pregame: -#-#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-|
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:
G013: Penelope Fitzgerald
G046: Isabel Ramirez

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Image G005: Madeline Wilcox
Image G030: Sara Corlett
Riki

Post by Riki »

O, so there comes another soul to meet Lucilly way up here on the high edge.

As the newcomer took the name of God in vain, Lucilly's ears perked up and listened well. The young lady had turned around, and greeted her guest with an enthusiastic smile.

"Isabel!"

Lucilly raised her hands, and to congratulate herself on doing nothing, she clapped once and twice. It took her few seconds, nay, just the very smallest part of a second, and Lucilly was already hurrying over to meet up close and proper. She had given the ground a look or two, to make sure that there was nothing that she would step in. That aside, the whole of her earthly attention rested on Isabel.

They were five feet from another.

"Oh Isabel, I am so glad to see you!"
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

"I um... what?"

It took a moment for Isabel to register that Lucilly just walked right up to her and seemed excited about it. Not once since Isabel got here were people legitimately happy to see her, even her friends seemed uncomfortable with her presence. Could she not see the sword and all the blood on her shirt, and hadn't she heard Isabel's name on the announcements over and over again?

What was her deal?

Isabel glanced back at Lily, who was hiding in the doorway, a look of confusion on both of their faces. She looked back and forth between Lucilly and Lily a few more times, trying to figure out if this was all some sort of prank and where the TV crew members were going to pop out from if it was, before finally speaking. "I uh... just... everyone has... avoided me this whole time? And uh... yeah. Uh... why are you glad to see me?"
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

((Lily Caldwell continued from The World's an Ugly Place, but I'm Still Afraid to Die.))

Lily concurred with Isabel far too much in this scenario to be comfortable with.

Granted, the 'goddammit' was something that Lily felt likely for different reasons. But... what was this new girl even doing? When Isabel was the person making the most sense, there was something horrendously wrong.

Why would anyone be happy to see Isabel? Unless they were just as cracked as she was.

Lily took a step back, her expression that of wary confusion.

This was not going to go well either way. Either the new girl was planning something—maybe getting Isabel off-guard or just hoping if she was friendly that Isabel would leave her be—or she really was happy to see Isabel, and... and what would that mean? Maybe it would mean Isabel deciding that this new girl was a better, more trustworthy limb than Lily was.

The thought was unsettling.

Lily tightened her grip on the strap of her bag, watching silently.
Riki

Post by Riki »

Lucilly had expected a warmer greeting in kind. So there was still something hanging in the air. A foul miasmata, which threatens to infect the world and lame all there is to it. Though Lucilly could not care about such matters, and not care she did. In fact, there was not a single fiber in the bodily entity of Lucilly Peterson from which this very notion of 'caring about this topic' could ever arise.

All Lucilly had to do, was for Lucilly to be Lucilly. Everything else would sort out itself in time.

"Oh, Lily! You're here too. Oh, we haven't seen each other for quite a while, haven't we?"

Such a shame. For all intents and purposes, and disregarding all memories (of which there few left for Lucilly and those which remained were vague either way), Lucilly held fondness for Isabel and Lily.

So when Isabel, in an odd moment of questioning, questioned Lucilly indeed, Lucilly could only answer with a shrug.

"Are you sure? I met people who want to find you as well. Well, one person, but I bet with you there are some others as well who'd love to see you."
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

"I..." Isabel began, before cutting herself off.

She didn't know what to say. Lucilly had always been somewhat of an oddball, and not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, but this was a new low for her. Anyone that really wanted to find Isabel probably wanted to find her so they could try to kill her, for whatever reason, and either Lucilly was somehow completely unaware of that or she knew and she was being extremely passive aggressive. Isabel wasn't sure which one was better under these circumstances.

Still, Isabel was the one with the power in this situation, as Lucilly didn't seem to have any weapons on her person. She supposed that she could just humor the girl for the time being... or maybe even get a new replacement partner for the sake of the cameras, if it turned out that Lucilly was being genuine with her kindness.

"I... okay," she began again, rubbing the side of her head with her free hand. "Whatever, people want to see me for whatever reason. My question was why were you glad to see me?"
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Riki

Post by Riki »

Again, another of those oddball questions. Truly, this one was a tough trick, for it was hard to answer with a genuine and clearly thought-out reply. Why was Lucilly glad to see Isabel? Well, without doubt the question should have been a different one. Why would Lucilly not be glad to see Isabel? It would have been easier to answer such a question, had Lucilly intended to answer it at all. After all, her voiced sentiment remained genuine.

She, yet again, shrugged. Her eyes fell on the sword in Isabel's right hand. It was stained with dried blood. Oh, she did not care at all.

"Should I not be glad? I like to think of myself as someone who is friendly to all people, and that includes you two."

Lucilly smiled.
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Isabel narrowed her eyes at Lucilly, almost certain at this point that she must be up to something.

However, she still wasn't entirely sure if she wanted to just stab the girl to get her out of the way or actually gauge her intentions and see if they were legitimate. Perhaps if she probed her for more information then it would be easier to make a decision.

"Okay..." She began, briefly closing her eyes and pondering what she even wanted to say. "If you just want to be nice, how's about we go take a seat over there..." She pointed to the lip of the roof. "And just... talk."
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Riki

Post by Riki »

"Oh, of course. That is fine."

It would have been wise, or it would have been good, if Lucilly had at one point looked and noted that there was still something wrong. But she did not care at all. Isabel was difficult? She did not care. Lily was being panicky? She did not care. Three edges attached to Isabel? She did not care. Dorothy was nowhere to be seen? She did not care.

It was all completely meaningless.

For a moment, she felt a chilling coldness on her feet and on her hands and all over her. Yet again, she did not care.

As such she followed Isabel's suggestion. "Actually, I had been traveling with someone else. In fact, it was Dorothy. She had plans to... kill you." Lucilly was sure to raise her fingers and air quote that word. She still had no idea what Dorothy's plan was all along. "Yet I am completely baffled as to what exactly she had planned."
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

"Dorothy, huh?"

Isabel knew exactly who Lucilly was talking about; Asha's sleepwalking, crybaby of a partner. Of course she wanted to kill her, after all Isabel had killed what seemed to be her only friend in the whole wide world. She was truly a pathetic creature.

But if Lucilly had been around someone that wanted to kill Isabel, even if said killer had about the same shot as a snowball in hell, certainly she was okay with that idea herself?

Isabel shook her head as she sat at the edge of the roof. Lucilly was just digging a deeper hole for herself at this point, a well of despair that would lead to her demise. "I would hope you wouldn't want to kill me too." Isabel said, her voice somewhat somber. "There have been a lot of people out for my blood lately..." She glanced at Lily, her eyes narrowing briefly. "...and I don't really want another fight on my hands."
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Riki

Post by Riki »

"No, that I want not." Lucilly said, and at that point in time she said it with sincere affection. There was conflict between Isabel, and the other girls and boys of Kingman. That, so far so good, had been a fact of life already revealed to Lucilly. It truly and honestly baffled and surprised her still, however. Isabel had, as far as Lucilly could comment, made the impression of someone who held a certain popular value. Perhaps it was the weather, the rainy and cloudy days that made people irritated. Perhaps it was that, but she did not care at all.

Lucilly followed Isabel's eyes to Lily. Lucilly smiled at the other girl, and yet all she would get in return was gesticulating and mimicing that constituted some sort of vague threat. Perhaps a warning to Lucilly. Yet she did not care at all.

"To be honest, I feel very..." Her gaze wandered back unto Isabel. "...confused. I have no idea what is going on. There is something in the air... I can feel something burdening me, yet... I do not care at all."
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

"Burdening you?"

Isabel tightened her grip on her sword. "Cut the cryptic crap," she snapped, "what do you even mean by that? What have you just... already agreed to a plan to kill me, and you have some sort of secret weapon you've yet to pull out? Being nice to lull me into a false sense of security, but just when you get the chance you feel bad about it? I don't buy it."

"Lemme show you what happens to people who decide to try to hurt me." She stood up, gesturing to her sword in her hand. "This sword has been involved in the deaths of three people. This knife meanwhile.." She yanked the knife out of her pocket, before slipping it back in. "Has opened up someone's neck."

"Finally this..." She twisted herself around to get a good hold of the sickle, unhooking it from her belt loops. "Has tasted the blood of at least three people."

She ran her finger across the blunt outer edge of the sickle before glaring at Lucilly. "Got any bright ideas now?"
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Riki

Post by Riki »

Isabel snapped at Lucilly. She did not care. Isabel killed people. She did not care. Isabel killed, with the sickle - she did not care - with the sword and the - she did not care - knive and she killed so many times, but Lucilly just did not c a r e.

So many deaths. So many corpses. Lucilly did not care at all. So much grief. So many stenches of bodies and wailing of friends. Lucilly just did not care at all.

...not at all.

...not...

Something went and made 'snap' deep within Lucilly. It had been no epiphany, and it had been no switch pulled by Isabel's words. No, something has awakened that has long since slept. For a moment, Lucilly clenched her fist. She suppressed a tear, and then spoke.

"Isabel, I... know. I know. I know and it does not matter to me."

Lucilly did not dare to look at Isabel, but then she did, and met her eyes.

"I do not want to kill, Isabel. I do not want to survive. All I want, all I want now, is to spend my last moments not hating, and not being hated."
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

"...Alright."

Isabel dropped the sickle to the ground, taking hold of the blunt edge of the sword and running her fingers down the length of the blade. "Although, I'm not sure if I could bring myself to kill someone that's so..." She paused, glaring at Lucilly. "Pathetic."

She glanced over at one of the cameras observing the roof, recording her actions for all to see. Sparing someone could make her look better, even if she had the strongest urge to kill Lucilly and, more importantly, make it hurt.

"How's about this... scamper along and leave me the hell alone, and you'll get to live another day." She lowered the sword to her side, signalling she had no intent to use it. "Promise."
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson