Daydreamer

Post by Brackie »

"Hmm hmm hmm back tho the middle, and round again
Whip it up and thake it down, thlide it back on in, all right

Knocking on hard wood, like I know you thould
You'll be thaking on the kitchen thloor~

Cooking up a T-Thee dinner, Thunday Athternoon Thinner
Turn it up! Thwitch it on!

Can I get an angel up in here I'm crying Thaaaave meeee!
Hanging on the back oth the beat
While the thouls of my theet hit the ground, yeeeah, I want...oh god, I'm doing it again...
"

Holly's heels clacked louder down the hallway as she rushed down to her next class, trying to avoid the gaze of the various classmates who sought it best not to remind her she was making a fool of herself, but instead stare. No, she didn't know why she forgot to take her iPod's earbuds out during lunch, and no, she didn't know why she just felt like singing as she walked away from the lunch hall, but...it was just one of those days, you know?

But a few hallways later, she started to slow down. She kept her folder of books close to her chest, and her head down. Just ignore them, they'll stop staring. What she wouldn't give to just be home right now-no no no, not home, maybe at Shawn's. Or maybe even at Jack's. Definitely not at home. Dad and that blonde bitch who wouldn't even keep her hands off him. Cherrie. That was a stupid name anyway.

One loose earbud was still swinging around, hanging limp from her skirt pocket, but Holly didn't know this. Her Criminal Law class was only a door away, and she slid quickly on in as before the gradual push of other students followed her through.

Okay, now where did she sit again...oh, yeah, same place as always. Second row from the front, third from the right. Put her almost at the front, but if she was at the front, then...

Holly sat right at her usual desk, and let out a sigh as she realised who was gonna sit right next to her today.

The class just finished another assignment, the 3rd in a long line of them she'd received across the board. She hadn't felt particularly enthusiastic about doing this one, and really didn't care. Instead of proof-reading it, she went over to Shawn's and got high. Much better use of her time than dealing with some worthless assignment on some worthless theoretical case that was just worthless.

But you know, there was this one boy who always seemed to have it out for her. Kevin was his name. Kevin...whatchamacallit. Well, he seemed to wanna prove he was so much better than Holly. Every time they got an assignment back, he'd gloat at her. A Ninety to her Seventy Five. An Eighty to her Seventy. The one time she managed to beat him, he disappeared pretty quick at the end of class. But it really wasn't by that much, so he showed up the next day with something else to gloat at. Honestly, some people were just so mean.

Her nimble hands dipped into her bag and retrieved her good pen, while her other hand grabbed the lecture book chosen especially for this subject.

Well, here goes. Kevin was gonna start mocking her again. Time to just grin and bear it. No wait, no grinning, that gapped tooth of hers was gonna be ripe material.

Holly glanced to her pocket, and for a few moments, watched that little earbud swing like a pendulum. She instinctively picked it up, and listened to whatever was playing now.

My name ith Lethlie Anne Levine...

No, listen to it later.

Holly wrapped it around her finger so it was compressed to a teeny tiny spiral, then shoved it in her pocket. Holly pondered turning it off for a few moments, then just decided it was way too quiet for anyone to hear. She turned her pencil around in her fingers again, before writing up a new page for today's notes.

Hmm, I wonder ith Jack'th three athter thchool...we thould go to that new ithe cream plathe, they have that new latte thlavor, in the thoy range, I've always wanted to try cothee in an ithe cream.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Slayer*

Post by Slayer* »

The day had been a good one so far, by Kevin's reckoning. Of course, maybe that wasn't saying much; most days were good for those worthy of getting into Silver Dragon Academy. What was there to worry about, really? As long as your homework was in on time and you didn't slack off in studies, the world was yours from the moment they decided you deserved to enrol. They were the elite, born to be above the common crowd, who were weak in mind and body.

Perhaps, Kevin thought, it was more accurate to say it had been a particularly good day. None of the cruder sorts, the ones who sympathised with the lower-born, had seen fit to bother him today, which meant his good spirits had largely gone unhindered as he went from class to class. Work was handed in, assignments were done, everything went routinely up through lunch. Boring, maybe, but excitement wasn't all it was cracked up to be, especially not in school. It was something for the future, something to prepare and strive for, and as long as all those preparations went smoothly he wouldn't be heard complaining.

So it was that he made his way through the corridors with a somewhat rare, if faint, smile on his face, books balanced neatly in his arms and pace measured to not rush overmuch but still make good time. There wasn't much need to hurry, in his mind, but being late wouldn't do either; that wasn't the kind of impression he wanted to make in Criminal Law. It would be like an attorney being late or - God forbid - outright absent on the day of a trial.

That was, of course, probably a more apt descriptor than it seemed. After all, this assignment, like many of the others, was meant as part of their preparation for the mock trial at the end of the semester. Not that much preparation was needed; the facts didn't lie and, naturally, he was on the prosecution. Anything other than a "guilty" verdict was unthinkable.

This train of thought carried him into the classroom, to the teacher's desk to turn in his work, and then right to his desk, where his eyes fell on the person directly next to him. Holly Hergenroeder; just the sight of her brought a smirk to his lips. The little girl supposedly wanted to be a lawyer as much as he did, but as far as he could see she didn't consider it quite worth the effort. All he had to do was look at her scores to tell that much, but maybe he was missing something.

At least, so he'd thought, and so he prodded at her when he saw her. Poked, goaded, tried to make her rise to his bait. However, no matter what he did, she wouldn't react; he couldn't tell if she was mocking him or honestly didn't have the spine to respond to his challenges, but whatever. If she was that easily intimidated, she didn't deserve to be in a courtroom, and so it continued. It would keep going until she either proved her right to be in court or she quit; he didn't care either way.

None of that was said aloud, but part of him hoped the look he shot her would communicate it well enough. "Afternoon, Igor," was all he said as he sat down, chuckling humourlessly as he fetched a pen and set his books and papers down. Some people actually cared about this class, whatever she thought.

Of course, in retrospect he didn't know why he bothered with the Pratchett reference, it probably went right over her empty little head.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Slayer.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Well, would you look at that, I had a character named Holly. Sorry about that. Not so good, but I'm not in a posting mood atm, exams and stuff Image ))

Despite what some might think, Holly was well read. You had to be to go to a school like this, so Holly had to mentally pound out an urge to stop herself from retorting to every little snide remark that came from Kevin's lips. Igor. He could do much better than that, he was supposed to be smart.

"Thor thuture retherence, Kevin, I've read Pratchett...when I wa'th 12. Thome people grow out of that fantathy stuth and focuth on reality, which I gueth you have yet to do."

Holly massaged the bridge of her nose in a ritual stress prevention state. She didn't NEED Kevin right now, she'd just started to feel good about herself and her work, and despite what everyone at this place was taught, some people worked better with positive re-enforcement rather than constant jabs at her work, her state of mind, and her physical self.

Honestly, if she cared enough about the stuff he did, she would have just told him to stick his dick where the sun didn't shine. But no, that's the first thing she learnt from her dad about life. Don't rise to the bait. Don't flat-out insult someone, that just leads to more trouble. Thicken your skin.

"Unleth you've got a big-boy name to throw at me, I'd jutht stop before you embarreth yourthelth. What'th next? Gollum?"
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen

Return to “TV1 Sandbox”