Backing up

Open!

Once a white sand beach filled with umbrella stands and seashells, the winter months have coated the Jewelled Beach with a healthy dusting of snow, extending out to the shoreline and crusting the water with a thin layer of ice. Umbrellas are jutting out left and right, most frozen closed or heavy and open with sleet.
crabCaptain*

Backing up

Post by crabCaptain* »

Isabel limped along the beach, walking with a path of recent footprints in the sand. It was quiet out, aside from the constant swishing sound of gentle waves hitting the shore. Isabel stopped following the prints, and sat herself down in the sand. Uncapping a bottle of water, she took a long drink and tossed the now empty plastic bottle into her open bag.

She shivered against the bitter wind. She was too afraid to go into the buildings. She had no idea who could be lurking in them. The thought of meeting Vahka or Jewel chilled her more than the winter wind did. Unpacking one of the looted blankets from James's bag, she wrapped herself in it. She was incredibly alone. She tried to remember Damion's face but the image wouldn't come to mind. Had she forgotten him already? Was he nothing? James was still clear. His face blue from blood loss. She pushed the thought away.

She was alone. Solitary. Going solo. A lone wolf. Lonely.

Sitting in silence reminded her of where she was. She wanted companionship. Or maybe conflict. Some sort of sound to break the crushing solitude that weighed down on her chest. Hugging the shotgun to her chest, she thought about using it on herself.

This will be faster. Less painful.

Thinking about her companions again, she felt responsible for them. Like she had somehow orchestrated their deaths. Guilt smothered her. Thinking about her sisters, she felt responsible for making them lose their caretaker essentially. She wanted to get back to them and apologize for all the worry she caused. She would.

Isabel put the shotgun away.

No. I can't.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler crabCaptain. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

((Dougie Sharpe, A sharp knife, a short life))

A familiar face was the first he ran into, one that was etched into the back of his mind - Isabel, the dead boy in the hallway, their brief interaction before reuniting with Lily - and it... complicated his current plan of action. So much so that he paused behind his hiding place behind a stray canoe rack, deliberating, trying not to think of the past and just concentrate on the here, now.

His grip on the iron rod in one blood-flecked hand tightened considerably, the gore that stained his jeans, green sweater, and neck plastering the material to his body. Somewhere along the line, he'd lost his crucifix - a fitting analogy, if he thought on it - and his beanie was miraculously untouched by anything. His green eyes remained watchful as Isabel sat down amongst the snow and sand mere feet from him, close enough that he could make out her silhouette.

He turned his gaze onto the weapon that had broken Jewel's knee, and rotated it idly between his hands.

He needed to go through with it, Dougie rationalized. There was no other way to ensure that this all - that everything meant something. He needed to state it outright, say the actual words, do the actual deeds.

But was Isabel - did he really know her?

Did that make it easier? Harder?

He sighed, then rose to his feet, stepping slowly from the canoe rack with his arms raised, palms exposed, rod gripped in the fingers of his right hand. The wind whipped at the still-damp blood on his sweater and his hairline itched from not being beanie free for days, but he resisted scratching it.

"Uh, hey," he said, slowly approaching her where she could plainly see him, "Isabel. Hi."
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."
crabCaptain*

Post by crabCaptain* »

Isabel's spine was electric as Dougie emerged from behind a rack of abandoned boats.

He said something but she couldn't hear. His hand gripped a bloodied iron rod. Fear shot through her. But he raised his hands in peace.

"Dougie! Um..." She stammered as the boy who had given her a small inkling of comfort, after Damion had... she pushed the thought away.

Before she could speak again a voice rung out in the bitter air.

The announcements contained no one of note, except Ashley, the girl who had been battling the air at the cabaret just hours before. Jewel had been let out. 10 kills. Isabel shook. The danger zones were last. There were... a lot. She was standing in one of them. The beach.

"Dougie...  Um. We should go somewhere else." She was apprehensive to trust just anyone at this point, but Dougie had been altruistically kind.

Isabel packed her things and left for... Somewhere.

((Isabel and Dougie continued elsewhere...))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler crabCaptain. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

Dougie nodded, following her.

((Dougie Sharpe, Closing in))
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."

Return to “The Beach”