But I knew, and I know it was a lie.

open

Two suspended glass bridges connect the East Wing and West Wing, one bridge each for the upper (second and third) floors. The bridges are wide enough for four students to stand next to one another, shoulder to shoulder. The bridges are fully accessible to those with disabilities, as they connect directly to the main corridors of the proper school building without any elevation changes. The flooring is the same blue-and-white checkered vinyl composite tile as the rest of the school. There used to be waist-high metal guard rails here to stand between students and the heat-tempered glass panels that offer a view of the schoolyard below, but it seems that the terrorists saw fit to remove this particular barrier...

...and to make the glass unrealistically brittle. Before, someone would need industrial power tools to break through the mighty panes; now, some action movie shenanigans that shouldn't work in the first place almost seem like enough to crack open one of the transparent panels.

Moderator: SOTF: Cyber Staff

Lilith

But I knew, and I know it was a lie.

Post by Lilith »

Lilith

Post by Lilith »

In a pile of Cheez-It®, Gillian became the Schrodinger's Girl.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Is she alive? Is she dead?

Only Gillian inside the Cheez-It® pile would know. The Cheez-It® debris continued to topple on the pile, growing bigger and bigger. It became mixed with glass shards after shattering through the skylight, possibly implying a grim fate for the girl. But then again, the bridge now had one occupant that clogged the way, so someone was eventually going to find out.
NoLife42069
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by NoLife42069 »

((Ángel Alcántara continued from Yesterday, Telegram said that you had died.)

Ángel sprinted the whole way to the bridge. As he ran he cursed himself and the girl, the killing could have started and he didn't even know what they gave him. No, instead he's trying to see if someone is still alive.

Once he made it, he paused. It would be comedic if not for the situation. "For fucks sake." He cursed as he ran to the pile and started moving Cheez-Its®.

Glass, salt, and artificial cheese. He grabbed handfuls and threw it behind him as he dug through the pile.
I have some neat kids, check them out if you're into that sort of thing. Yes, even if a chunk of them are older than me.
[+] spoiler in the game
One Room Deathgame: Angry Knife man with horrid scars.
"I gambled away my life and paid for it, now all that drives me forward is petty revenge."

U: An older version of me in a shituation.
"I always told my mom, that if she ever caught me smoking then something Very wrong has happened in my life."
Cyber:Ángel Alcántara, Watch his halo fade and his wings morph.
"Angels have always been ruthless. Uriel watches Eden with a fiery sword. They even say he is as pitiless as the demons. Maybe aspiring to be them is why I feel like a moth flying into a golden flame."
[+] spoiler Some far off dream
TV-intermissions: The Wannabe- Ivan Rodrigues(S68)- "No, beating me within an inch of my life and carving letters on my head wouldn't be funny."
The Desperate- Cylia "Cyl" McGill(S69)- "Just one more... Just one more kill and maybe he will look at me! I'M NOT A MONSTER!"
The Pyromaniac- Seraphine Sinclair(S70)-"Brighter! Hotter!! Louder!!! Let this flame burn the arena away! They want a show, but they can't take the heat!!!"

TV4: The Acrobat- Harper -"They always told me to be ready for anything..."
The Writer- Juniper -"Mom, Dad? I know you're watching. Fuck you for dreaming of this..."
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

In the midst of the cracker pile, Ángel found a white blouse with glass shards stabbing the body of Gillian with blood seeping through the visible and hidden injuries. After being partially freed from her Cheez-ity® grave, there seemed to be movement underneath. The head of Gillian poked through, revealing the extent of her injuries.

Her eyebrow was gone, hidden by a cascade of blood. Her right eye was forced shut, swollen and larger than it should be. She looked at Ángel with her left eye, dazed and confused. Her head wobbled to the left and right like the Hula dancer on the dashboard of her mother's car. Jill, in every way possible, looked fucked.

"Why do I taste cardboard?"
NoLife42069

Post by NoLife42069 »

Thank fuck she was alive.

"You almost drowned on dry land." Ángel deadpanned, as he continued to remove enough Cheez-It® so he could get her out.

"I wouldn't swallow if I were you, saying as you are apparently lactose intolerant." Once he had removed enough Ángel grabbed the girl and moved her out of the growing pile, setting her down on the glass wall a bit away from it.

He then returned to the pile to grab her backpack, then returned to her.

"Where was I? Right. Hello, Classmate. You almost died." Ángel flashed another strained smile.
I have some neat kids, check them out if you're into that sort of thing. Yes, even if a chunk of them are older than me.
[+] spoiler in the game
"I gambled away my life and paid for it, now all that drives me forward is petty revenge."

"I always told my mom, that if she ever caught me smoking then something Very wrong has happened in my life."
"Angels have always been ruthless. Uriel watches Eden with a fiery sword. They even say he is as pitiless as the demons. Maybe aspiring to be them is why I feel like a moth flying into a golden flame."
TV-intermissions: The Wannabe- Ivan Rodrigues(S68)- "No, beating me within an inch of my life and carving letters on my head wouldn't be funny."
The Desperate- Cylia "Cyl" McGill(S69)- "Just one more... Just one more kill and maybe he will look at me! I'M NOT A MONSTER!"
The Pyromaniac- Seraphine Sinclair(S70)-"Brighter! Hotter!! Louder!!! Let this flame burn the arena away! They want a show, but they can't take the heat!!!"

The Writer- Juniper -"Mom, Dad? I know you're watching. Fuck you for dreaming of this..."
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

She wobbled to her feet.

Gillian looked at Ángel as they said words that she could barely understand. She remembered them from the Anime Club, she knew they used they/them pronouns and even if Gillian didn't get it, she didn't want to offend them. She also they were saying words that Gillian could barely hear from the high pitch ringing in her ears.

Feeling wet, Gillian moved forward and slumped against them.

"I don't feel good."
NoLife42069

Post by NoLife42069 »

"I didn't particularly expect you to. You fell off the roof and through glass, it's a wonder you didn't die." The girl used him as a support.

Ángel threw a glance at the Cheez-It® and glass-covered bag. 'I could kill her...' He thought as he looked down at the dazed girl. It felt cruel to take her things and just leave her besides that would leave loose ends that could bite him in the ass later on.

Ángel gripped his classmate's shoulders. Even without his weapon, he could probably beat her to death. Really... It would be a mercy...

Ángel quickly shook his head. 'No, I have to meet up with the squad first...We have to make a plan.'

Ángel strengthen his grip on her shoulder to to stabilize her as he brought his other hand to his face. Snapping a few times to get her attention and raised 3 fingers. "How many fingers am I holding up? And we have to get moving."
[+] spoiler in the game

Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Her head continued to self-soothe as she saw the three fingers raise up. For a brief moment, she saw six fingers, but then her vision focused on the three digits. She felt like vomiting, and she felt like she was about to faint. Gillian nodded, as if it was a proper response to the question, and then actually responded with a soft whisper.

"Three."

She nodded again, at herself. "Ho-how bad do I look? M'face hurts."
NoLife42069

Post by NoLife42069 »

She answered correctly. Ángel gave a nod, she's certainly concussed but at least somewhat coherent.

At her question Ángel winced. He looked over her. "Well, half your face is bruised and your eye is swollen. I'm not certain of the condition of your body, however, there is glass in your blouse." Ángel looked around them again to make sure no one was around.

"I will give you a proper examination later, for now we need to leave. I need to find my team, and I worry someone might have heard your... Fall." Ángel stepped away and moved to his backpack. His absent thoughts wondered if the angel themes on it would become foreshowing of his fate. He opened it and quickly went through his things.

Well, first off everything he had in it before was gone. He felt a pang of grief for his lost items, as h-That's a Desert Eagle. Ángel retrieved the hand cannon and held it up to the light. "Joder." He muttered as he felt the weight of the firearm. Ángel stared at the beautiful tool of death, as he called out to the girl. "Would you like to come with me? I can't promise your safety. but I can promise not to kill you." in a whisper he added, "yet."

Closing the backpack and putting it on he turned to the one who he saved. "Choice is yours."
[+] spoiler in the game

Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"...what did you just say?" Gillian responded, a hand raising to her eye and then wincing like she had touched live wire. "You're not going to kill me yet?"

She slumped against the glass wall, smearing blood as she yelped from the glass shard pierced her skin again. Gillian looked at the gun, her good eye widening in a realization that she wasn't safe despite having been saved. Jill took a step back, hearing the crunch of crackers and something heavy touching the back of her ankle.

"You want to kill me? Wh-what did I do to you?"
NoLife42069

Post by NoLife42069 »

Ángel frowned. "I said I wasn't going to kill you." He slid the pistol into his jacket pocket.

"If I intend to end your life I wouldn't have grabbed a hold of you on the roof. Even besides that, I could have easily left you to drown in mediocre snacks." Ángel scowled as she left blood in her wake on the wall.

"I offer you, one final time, my aid. You are confused and injured, and despite it not being in my best interest I want to help you." Ángel walked closer to the girl and outstretched a hand. "Look,...." Ángel paused, He didn't actually know her name. "Apologies, before we continue, what is your name again? If you can even remember it?"
[+] spoiler in the game

Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Jill shook her head as she put her hand against her bleeding head.
NoLife42069

Post by NoLife42069 »

Ángel sighed. "Have it your way."

Ángel dropped his hand. He opened his mouth, then hesitated. A pang of guilt ran through him but was ignored. "I at least need to make this worth my time. I want some form of payment for saving your life, and the attempt."
[+] spoiler in the game

Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"W-worth your time?" She sat down on the ground, her head lolling backward as she looked up to Ángel. "What... what are you talking about?"

She wanted to vomit. Jill didn't get why Ángel wanted to rob her after saving her. If he didn't, he should just have left her to die. He could have gotten everything from her. Jill held her head together. She felt like she really was about to vomit. Jill looked back up at Ángel.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? I almost d-died?"

Return to “The Bridges”