The Ray Sullivan Show

Relationships with Ray Sullivan

This subforum exists to allow for discussion and planning related to the SOTF: Cyber AU.

Moderator: SOTF: Cyber Staff

EllisWilson

The Ray Sullivan Show

Post by EllisWilson »

Hi everyone, meet Ray Sullivan.

He’s lived in San Jose for his entire life. His hobbies and interests include blacksmithing, hip hop music, and the Juggalo subculture, thought he’s open to most other things as long as they’re in real life (CR isn’t his ‘thing’ and likely never will be).

He is high energy, a compulsive attention seeker, loves his parents and helping others, and has a condition which prevents hair from growing on any part of his body. I’m looking to have him make some more connections with his classmates.
[+] Relationship Types
BFF: Whether they’ve known each other since childhood, have a similarly excitable mindset, or any other reason, Ray will cherish every moment of his time with the people in here. If you’re in here, he’ll be more likely to brush off jokes about his alopecia.
Friends: Ray likes anyone who likes Ray, even if they share no other commonalities. He’ll hang out with anybody as long as they want his company and gives him their attention. It’s as simple as that.
Acquaintance: Ray has a child's view of social interaction; if you aren’t a friend and if you aren’t an enemy, than you’re basically non existent in his eyes.
Dislikes: People who refuse to give Ray the attention he desires, people who take umbrage with his immature, sometimes obnoxious behaviour, and people who tout CR as better than real life go here.
Enemy: This is for the special few who have directly earned Rays ire in some form or fashion. The easiest way to end up here is to be either outright antagonistic to him, such as mocking his alopecia, or by deliberately calling attention to how selfish he can be, which he fears might damage his reputation.
[+] Relationship Chart

BFF:

Friends: Soledad “Sol” Fernandez

Acquaintance:

Dislikes: Xtra Zimmerman

Enemy: : Amalia “Amy” Cassidy
Have a good one!
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Heya! I think Xtra might be a good option for the "dislike" section of the list. She's super involved in CR and views life in meatspace as an irksome distraction. She's also somewhat standoffish and invested in image in a different sort of way, one that probably thinks Juggalo culture's really stupid. So I don't see them getting along particularly well!
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
JacobAllTradez

Post by JacobAllTradez »

Soledad feels like someone who could go either way. On one hand, she's probably amused by Ray's many antics. On the other, Ray's lust for attention will grind her gears and make her want to pull a prank on him. Your call, chief.
EllisWilson

Post by EllisWilson »

JacobAllTradez wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:11 pm Soledad feels like someone who could go either way. On one hand, she's probably amused by Ray's many antics. On the other, Ray's lust for attention will grind her gears and make her want to pull a prank on him. Your call, chief.
Ray might just try to prank her back, so maybe a frenemy type relationship?

If nothing else, I’ll put her down as a friend.
JacobAllTradez

Post by JacobAllTradez »

EllisWilson wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:54 pm
JacobAllTradez wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:11 pm Soledad feels like someone who could go either way. On one hand, she's probably amused by Ray's many antics. On the other, Ray's lust for attention will grind her gears and make her want to pull a prank on him. Your call, chief.
Ray might just try to prank her back, so maybe a frenemy type relationship?

If nothing else, I’ll put her down as a friend.
Works for me!
Ahab9

Post by Ahab9 »

Hi!
Could Amalia Cassady count as an acquaintance?
I guess she would humour Ray's behavior mostly to be polite and try to find an excuse to leave (because I think they may have opposite personalities and she wouldn't really like his attention-seeking ways)

Otherwise, (I know we're one day to the game start, so feel free to ignore this part if you wish and think it's too late as an addition) how about the two could be enemies?

Maybe one day she got fed up by him and attempts to point out that he's too closed off in his interests after talking about Real Life™ and how's better than CR?

Let me know what you think!
どこにいたって、人は繋がっているのよ

SOTF Cyber: Amalia 'Amy' Cassady
EllisWilson

Post by EllisWilson »

Ahab9 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:01 am Hi!
Could Amalia Cassady count as an acquaintance?
I guess she would humour Ray's behavior mostly to be polite and try to find an excuse to leave (because I think they may have opposite personalities and she wouldn't really like his attention-seeking ways)

Otherwise, (I know we're one day to the game start, so feel free to ignore this part if you wish and think it's too late as an addition) how about the two could be enemies?

Maybe one day she got fed up by him and attempts to point out that he's too closed off in his interests after talking about Real Life™ and how's better than CR?

Let me know what you think!
I like both of your ideas a lot. I’m leaning more towards the two being enemies because I like the idea you presented for that more. He would definitely be a little pissbaby about getting called out.

Return to “SOTF: Cyber Planning/Discussion”