Archibald “Archie” Harper

Take 2

Approved characters live here while awaiting rostering.

Moderator: SOTF International Staff

Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Archibald “Archie” Harper

Post by Catche Jagger »

Name: Archibald Harper
Place of Residence: Edinburgh, Lothian, Scotland
Language/s: English
Hobbies and Interests: Swimming, football, detective novels, puzzle games

Appearance: Archibald is a fit boy, at 6’3 and 175 pounds. He has the muscle structure of a swimmer, with a buffer upper body than lower body, although his legs are still very noticeably toned. Despite his height, Archie has a longer torso and arms in comparison to his legs, making him look slightly shorter than he actually is. He enjoys sports, but a lot of activities he plays are inside and he burns easily, so his skin tone is actually quite pale, even after the slight farmer’s tan he obtains during the summer. He freckles easily, but his use of sunscreen means that he only has very light freckling most of the time.

He has a bit of a babyface on a rectangular head in comparison to his body, especially with his round brown eyes. He has a wide, straight nose with slightly flared nostrils, a wide mouth with average-sized lips, and slightly bushy eyebrows with a few strands out of place. He has dimples when he smiles, and the beginnings of smile lines are starting to form on his face. Archie’s hair is a bright reddish brown, but the tone varies depending on the light. It is wavy, almost curly, and put into an undercut, the longer parts spilling onto his forehead but not reaching his eyes.

Archie's fashion sense generally follows popular teen trends, with a more preppy side to him. He gets cold easily, and thus wears long sleeves or jackets when he could. He also has a preference for more tight-fitting clothes, both for comfort and to display his muscles, and also wears hats and beanies. On the day of the abduction, Archie was wearing a dark grey beanie, a white t-shirt, a denim jacket, light brown trousers, cream socks, and red and white Adidas sneakers.

Biography: Archie is the oldest child of Coleman and Elizabeth Harper, having two younger sisters, the eldest of which, Noreen, is two years his junior and the youngest of which, Iona, is an additional three years younger than he is. The family occupies a fairly middle class position, his father being the owner of Harper’s Pub, and his mother handling the business’s financial bookkeeping and payroll.

From early on in his time in schooling, Archie proved to be rather sociable with his peers, making many friends. However, his behavior was also characterized by a certain stubbornness that would occasionally result in fights with peers, as the boy often proved unable or unwilling to compromise, though as he grew older this behavior was tempered and arrived at a more manageable state by the time he arrived in secondary school.

Archie was brought up in a family of football fans and was thus engaged in the sport from an early age. He was involved in many youth teams through the age of 13 and, while not a particularly stellar player, was committed enough to not fall behind the other kids. While no longer involved in the sport himself, he remains an avid spectator of games.

Archie’s decision to quit active participation in football was partially spurred on by his introduction to a different sport which he found a greater natural aptitude for and which he soon found more passion for participation within: swimming. His build was rather suited to the sport and he performed quite well in the youth meets he became involved in. He has continued in competition through the present, primarily focusing on shorter sprint races of the freestyle and butterfly strokes. Beyond the purposes of competition and fitness, Archie finds the act of recreational swimming to be rather meditative and frequently takes time to take practice laps at the pool when he can.

His parents, particularly Coleman, were initially disappointed in their son’s desire to to pull out of football, but still elected to support their son’s changing interests. By the present day, they’ve grown rather enthusiastic about Archie’s swimming, and they attend as many of his swim meets as they can.

Archie’s interests, of course, also reach beyond the realm of sport alone. He has a great love of detective and mystery novels, a hobby that he’s picked up from both of his parents, themselves avid readers. The boy has always found the fantasy of an agent of order using his wits and problem solving skills to track down scummy criminals or elegant tricksters to be particularly appealing, though as he’s grown older he’s also developed an affinity for grimmer detective noir stories.

Video games also hold some interest to Archie. Introduced to them by friends at school, their taste in games (primarily first-person shooters) never quite clicked with Archie. However, in his own explorations he found himself rather drawn to puzzle games, enjoying experiences that allowed him to focus on more methodical problem solving rather than testing twitch reflexes.

In terms of his family, Archie has a relatively positive relationship with his parents, both being keen to encourage the hobbies and friendships he’s pursued thus far in life, though Archie does occasionally bristle at his mother’s tendency to worry over her son’s stubborn attitude, even if he has stayed out of trouble since he was young.

Archie and his sister Noreen spent much of their early years bickering with one another. Both developed a similar stubborn streak and, as a result, very simple disagreements tended to spiral out into intense arguing. However, as Archie has mellowed, so has Noreen to a degree. Though the two still argue, they aren’t so regularly at each other’s throats and both do hold affection towards one another.

Besides their stubbornness, Archie and Noreen share a protectiveness over their younger sister Iona. The youngest sibling was always the quietest of the trio, but as she has gotten older, she developed more neurotic tendencies, and occasionally suffered public emotional outbursts. Archie and Noreen both do their best to make her feel comfortable with them and frequently keep a watchful eye on Iona’s treatment by her peers, often doing so jointly in more recent times.

At school, Archie is an above average student in terms of academic performance. Though not at the top of his class, he has consistently acquitted himself well in his studies, particularly in subjects like mathematics, though he isn’t much of an essayist and struggles more in classes such as history which require more involved writing of that sort.

Among his peers, Archie has continued to remain a fairly amicable presence, though some do consider him a bit hard-headed, and tries to make a point to maintain a rather wide circle of friends. He has also recently been coming to terms with the fact that he is likely bisexual, or at the very least does not experience sexual attraction only to women, but has not publicly shared this fact.

As he considers the matter of university and his future, Archie has found himself increasingly drawn to the concept of pursuing some sort of career in law enforcement, though he is hesitant to follow through, knowing that the impulse is partially informed by his relationship to works of fiction. For the time being, he still intends to attend university for a liberal arts education. Though his parents have shown some concern about his lack of clear passion for this direction, Archie’s consistent academic performance has left them without too much reason to be particularly concerned about his ability to do well for himself in a university environment, regardless of a chosen path.

Advantages: Archie is rather athletic and physically fit, meaning he’s likely to be up to whatever physical demands are placed upon him. His friendly attitude could also assist him in acquiring the allies he may need in order to survive.
Disadvantages: Archie’s tendencies toward stubbornness could prove to be quite the achilles heel in this situation, where adaptability and flexibility are key. Though he has grown more mellow as a teen, a high stress situation like this could prove to inflame his worst tendencies.
[+] Characters
[+] PV3 Prologue
M35-Muhammad Abbasi - "Hey, it’s okay now. We’re both in this together, right?"
PV3P: 1-2-3-4 | After: 1

M38-Nathan Kirchhoff - "Shit."
PV3P: 1-2-3-4
[+] TV3
ImageCK08FR04 - James Highchurch - “Okay, yeah. Exit strategy. I’ll… Yeah, I’ll think about that.”
Memories: 1 | Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19

ImageBC05 - Gabriela Garcia-Campos - “This is how things are here, the way the show is. So I need to get over it.”
Memories: 1 | Sandbox: 1-2-3
TV3: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14
[+] AUs
International
O19 - Archibald "Archie" Harper - "That’s why we’ve gotta fight the fuck back, one step at a time."
International: 1-2-3

O11 - Jen Mara Tuiqamea (adopted from Cicada and jimmydalad)
International: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

Supers
Alan Melnyk - "What you’ve gotta do is say ‘fuck em’ and keep doing you."
Memories: 1-2-3
Supers: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11
After: 1-2-3
[+] The Future
Second Chances
Aditi Sharma
Desiree Beck
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

Hey Catche, I'm P Grated Hentai, and I'll be your critiquer this time.

Firstly, what would you say Archie's signature shot was in Football? Also what position did he play and what sort of defensive schemes did the coach have drawn up for them? Was it more of a midfielder attack or were they more defensive minded? With his height he'd have made a good defender, though a midfielder wouldn't be askew. Would Archie describe the coach as more aggressive defensively or far more passive, hoping for goal scorers to allow them to play with a comfortable lead? How many yellow cards did he get throughout his career?

Make these very important edits for me and I'll give Archie another look.
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

Nah, april fools.

When you gotta do it once, you hope the kid's pressed and starchy,
When you gotta do it twice, well, then we call you Archie,
Swimmin' and spinnin' with a stubborn mule's bent,
Hopin' that he makes it cause his life is due on rent.

Welcome to INTL
SOTF TV V3
ES12: Ivan Rodriguez - Co-Winner - "Just fucking fight me, man."
[+] Past Characters
SOTF TV V2:
BB3: Matthew Weiss - #Weiss is Schiesse - "I can say whatever I want in this signature, and you'll believe it's in my story." - DECEASED
CS3: Dougie Sharpe - Personal Responsibility - "You're going to wake up tomorrow, and still be you." - DECEASED

SOTF SC V2:
B06: Brandon Baxter - Brandone (ft. DJ KILLJI) - "Thanks. I lost mine in a gunfight." - DECEASED
G33: Kasumi White - 'Cause We Are Young And We Are Sick- He is not here. - DECEASED

SOTF TV V3
MM12: Maxine "Max" Schwimmer - Sink or Swim "Akeno, please." - DECEASED

International:
O25: Tarren Joseph - A Boring Dystopia- "You killed me." - DECEASED

Supers
Kincaid Rawlins - The Apocalyptic Rockfight- "Hello kitty sucks."

Return to “SOTF: International Approved Characters”