DELICIOUS APE

deth thred

The Compound consists of the upper, above ground levels of the titular structure. The outer walls of The Compound evoke brutalist architecture, being composed primarily of concrete, steel, and glass. The building itself is enormous, and box-like in shape, with two floors above ground and two floors below ground. Despite the road, parking lot, and fence surrounding The Compound all showing signs of age, the structure itself appears to be completely intact. On the roof of the structure are an enormous exhaust pipe and a very large loudspeaker, the latter of which can be heard across nearly the whole arena when it is turned on, and is nearly deafening up close.

Inside, The Compound's floors all consist of the same layout, with hallways running around the perimeter of the building surrounding its central staircase, with rooms branching outwards from these hallways and facing the outer edges of the building. During the day, the interior of The Compound is dimly lit, courtesy of the glass windows common to every outside-facing room. At night it is completely dark inside, requiring the use of a flashlight for the average person to be able to see.

Much of the furnishings of The Compound have been moved around and overturned to create cover within the rooms and hallways, but cursory examination shows the most common furnishings being cabinets, flat metallic tables, and plastic chairs. Discerning the purpose of most of The Compound's above ground rooms is difficult, but flat countertops with fume hoods above them are a frequent sight, and some rooms (primarily on the building's west side) possess beds and were seemingly designed for habitation. Shards of glass from shattered glassware and scattered, broken medical equipment is common in The Compound's rooms, but not the hallways.

THREAD LIMIT: 2

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

He was wrong, of course.

The least Austin could do was stay.
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine felt a tear roll down his cheek and he wished that he was the one apologizing to Austin. He should have just looked for Austin and Noah when he had the chance. But now he was here to just die. He knew the whole time that he was more or less screwed. He wished that Austin wasn't stayed, but in a way, he was a bit relieved. He wasn't dying alone. He needed to do something.

He moved the shard out of his pocket slowly and out of sight, gripping it a bit tightly and feeling it cut into his skin.

"Aust-"
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Kaine was cut off by the loud reverb of knuckle on bone, Crispin's fist plowing through his jaw, barbed wire taking skin with it as it skidded across. What looked like a pint of blood painting Kaine's pantlegs and the ground below him.

His heart was pounding. He was in too deep to quit now. Been too deep since he climbed up here. Too deep since Toma and Andrew. Too deep since Moose. Too deep since he first got jumped by Austin. These bastards got no pity from Crispy, and if Austin was still in there? Just meant they both felt this, and it just meant Austin got to feel it again for real.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine's mouth felt funny. As if something was dislocated and all he got out was a gurgling noise. He was laying on the ground in a more pitiful state. He willed and hoped that Austin would stop watching. He didn't want him to be more crushed since Jenelle.

He need to do something-

He didn't even notice that his power was starting to malfunction. Everything felt worse. He was slowly dying. He needed to...

He raised the shard and he tried to swiped at Crispin's body. He didn't care where anymore.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispy caught Kaine's hand. He began to see red, rage overtaking him as he stared into the bastard's broken form. Three fucking days of this shit, his life ruined, everything taken from him. He'd given people chance after chance to just leave him the fuck alone, to just help him out, to just fucking LISTEN. Nothing.

His hand began to crush Kaine's, the glass popping inside his palm.

He was tired of it. No sleep, no rest. Nobody would listen, nobody would care. He'd make them listen, he'd make them care. You want to treat Crispin like some sort of mangy wild animal to be put down, he was gonna act it. He was gonna give you a reason to put him down, he was gonna maul you like one, rip you apart bit by fucking bit.

He shook, as he felt every form of emotion he'd had bottled up since Moose got burned in front of him fly on out. He swung again, his fist colliding with Kaine's nose, flattening it into his skull. He pulled away from Kaine's hand, leaving it a degloved mess of crushed bone, flesh, and glass, and swung again, hitting Kaine once more in the jaw, unhinging it from the left side.

His vision went full red, tunnels of stars filling his peripherals until nothing remained, hearing fading out into nothing but the quiet ringing of tinnitus. There was nothing but red, buzzing, and the rythimic thud thud thud as he put his all into each hit, his arms becoming nothing but blurs as red coated fists peppered and battered Kaine into nothing but dripping meat, blood torrenting every which way, as a noise began to drill into his ears.

He didn't realize it was him screaming, until his vision returned, and he'd saw the mess he'd left of Kaine, one hand gripped his shirt, the other mid-swing into leaving knuckle shaped indentions into his eyebrow.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine finally had the one thing that he wanted.

His brain was not functioning well.

All he felt was
broken giblets of bone and he could barely smell the tender flesh of his own blood.

I'm sorry, Austin... I'll try to make things better in another life...

He could finally disappear for real.

Kaine Griffin - Deceased
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Austin said nothing.
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispin stared down at the mangled form of Kaine, strobing in and out of reality on top of his own blood puddle like some ps2 npc that's been shot dead. He could do nothing but stand there, shaking, painted in the ghost's blood, his hands a new form of pain to be tracked on top of all the others. He didn't pity Kaine. Bastard got himself into this and had every chance to get out. His disgust in what he'd left of Kaine only rivaled his disgust for him when he was alive, him and folks like him, Austin, Mercy, any other sick rat bastard fuck that did this shit with the smallest of pushes.

They all wanted to do it. Only thing that stopped them before this game was the fact they'd suffer consequences for it. With this game they thought themselves invincible, untouchable, and they went all out indulging in it, not even contemplating someone would fight back. As Kaine finally strobed back into reality, an unmoving heap with an unrecognizable mess save an eyeball for a face, Crispy knew he was gone.

"Fucking weak..."

Ghost bitch was just a fucking chihuahua barking his way into the dog fighting ring against a fucking pitbull. The second teeth were bared, Kaine was nothing but meat. Did this shit to his fucking self. The only thing Crispin would lament is the fact that he was the one who had to do it.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Wordlessly, he stared at Kaine through Crispin's eyes. Not that he needed to. He'd felt well enough what had happened.
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispin knew he was there.

He squatted down, and knelt his face as close to Kaine's as possible. He wanted Austin to get a good look at what he caused.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

He felt sick and stumbled away.

He threw up.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

A voice cut through Crispin's head, low and cold and venomous.

"You cocksucker."
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispy rolled onto his back, the wave of exhaustion returning. A weak rasp of a laugh was all he replied to Austin, before a pause. He forced it out. It wasn't funny.

"..."

"Still enjoying the show? Worked out like you hope?"

His heart wanted to skip out of his chest. One of the only two people he hated more than Kaine right now.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

If Austin could strangle Crispin right now, he would. He'd wrap his hands around his degenerate little throat and crush it, watch the light leave his eyes, and be done at last. Maybe hunt down Raymond next, or maybe throw himself off the roof afterward. Not like he had much else to live for, and what few remaining friends he had were probably better off without him.

But he wasn't even on the roof, and probably couldn't get there himself. Noah certainly wouldn't bring him to what was almost certain death. And Crispin felt like he was only loosely clinging to life, and might very well die without him. No real point, then. There'd never been any real point to any of this.

Instead he offered a question.

"Why didn't you just fucking kill me that first day?"
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Didn't want to kill anyone."

He closed his eye. Wasn't gonna be staring at the sun. He was tired, anyways.

"Figured this was all bullshit, someone would get us out. Had too much faith in people, that even though you tried to waste my ass, nobody else would be out for blood like that."

He sighed.

"I was wrong. It was a mistake. You heard what I said to Kaine, why I almost gave up. Why I hate all you petty motherfuckers. You weak bitches think this murder shit is cool, until it's your time on the chopping block. Then you fuckin' beg and plead, and bitch and moan like you weren't just laughing about doing it five minutes ago and then blame everyone else but yourselves when you wonder why you got there." It wasn't a mistake he was going to make again. Couldn't change the past, but he could make up for previous mistakes.

"Where you hiding?"

Return to “The Compound (Danger Zone)”