If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it

Open, shortly after Fourth Announcement (Content Warning: Eye Trauma/Damage)

The banquet hall of the cruise ship is a grand room with rows of tables and chairs laid out for fine dining. The linens are spotless, each place set according to etiquette manuals with silverware and china plates (though these are not so expensive as they seem at a glance) and chandeliers hang from the ceiling, providing illumination to the chamber. Off to one side is a serving station, though sharp knives and the fuel for the Bunsen burners has been removed. Opposite this is a small stage, with music stands and seats, though the only instrument present is a piano. The banquet hall opens to the deck and pool, and also connects to the corridors.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Patching the boy up proved easier than she'd feared once she had him upright. His leg was in poor shape, but she could at least make it so he wouldn't bleed out. He made a rather understandable fuss about it while she sanitized and dressed the wound, but really, he was handling having his leg minced a lot better than most would. There was a lot that could still go wrong - he was probably risking an infection even with her attempts to clean the injury - but for now, he was as in the clear as she could make him.

She tried not to think on whether doing this for Marion would have helped.

He wanted to know what they'd been up to, before Seo-yun and Anthony and whoever the fuck else showed up. She wasn't sure if he was asking about her and Luanne or her and Shoshanna and Rhonda. For all she knew, he didn't actually know she'd been with them, or maybe didn't know they'd been here at all. They were gone now, obviously, so maybe they'd gotten away before Ashanti and this kid showed up. Maybe they were fine and as feeling as frantic about her as she was about them.

"Shoshanna wanted to come here. Thought maybe we'd find something that could help get the collars off." She sighed, tightening the bandages around his leg. "To be honest, I don't know if she was on to something or not. I was... distracted, when she laid out her plan."

"Did you see her, by the way?" She met his gaze, hoping now she could get a straight answer out of him. "Or Rhonda? What happened to them?"
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

"O-oh shit you were with her?"

Matias probably could've said that with some more tact. Too late to take it back now though so.

"She was, uh, she and Rhonda? Basketball girl? They were here when Seo-yun came in. Hid behind some tables last I saw them. I don't know what happened to her after we left but, like, we don't see any bodies here so that's encouraging, yeah?"

A beat of silence. More awkwardness, more nothingness. Didn't like it.

Might as well ask about other things in the mean time. Not like he could walk out of this for the moment, much as he wanted to.

"You guys made much progress on that escape thing yet?"
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

"Well..."

He didn't have much to offer, unfortunately. His answer gave her no information she couldn't have gleaned with a glance around the room. It was probably the best she could hope for that he hadn't seen them get gunned down, but that was little comfort.

She didn't have much to offer in reverse, either. Just two kids with blown-up necks. Hardly a vote of confidence.

"... define progress."
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

"Like. Do you have a good idea of what you're doing? Any leads on how to escape?

"Okay that might be asking a bit much but, like. What do you think the odds are of you making it out of all this alive?"

That might also have been asking a bit much, thinking back on it.
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

"Truthfully?"

She wasn't about to give him what she actually thought. Far too grim.

"I don't know."
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

"Fair."

Matias sighed. Leaned his head back, momentarily paid his attention to what had once been an ornate ceiling, now missing its chandelier. At least it wasn't raining scum water on them anymore.

"I mean, if it helps any? We have this giant as fuck jetpack that weighs a fuckton. Been weighing down Ashanti's back for basically several days. Could help if you have any ideas relating to fire and shit, and we'd been about to give it out anyways."
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

She looked at him incredulously. Had she heard him right?

"Jetpack?"
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

A laugh bubbled from Matias' throat.

"Fuck yeah a jetpack. Ashanti, like, led me back to the thing when we first met up, was a fuckin' ordeal trying to get it out from the middle of this huge-ass ship. Almost broke my arms trying to help her lift the thing up."

A smile lingered on his face for a bit. Then it faded. Maybe he should've helped her carry that thing around more? Like, she'd never offered but. Hm.

He shook his head, trying to get the thought out of his mind. Looked back up at Nadine.

"But yeah the producers say it should work. Allegedly."
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Not just a jetpack, but a working one? Really? That was a little hard to swallow.

"I... I guess that might be useful? Though if it's that heavy I don't know how we're gonna move it."
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

"...yeah."

Not like he had the legs needed to support her. And she looked like she'd be crushed under the weight of that thing, no offense.

"Well, we can just wait for your... shit, sorry."

Your allies. The ones currently disappeared off to fuck knows where.

"Why escape anyways? Why not, like, join up with a team or try to play or whatever? What brought you here?"
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Why escape anyways?

The question seemed ridiculous. Nadine still didn't get how so many people could do anything but try to escape. It confused her when Laura left them, it confused her when everyone at the pool rejected her offer, and it confused her now. She wasn't even certain escape was possible, but to try anything else, especially after what she'd done in pursuit of it...

There was a long, ugly pause before she responded.

"Marion Rosales."
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

The girl she killed.

Matias nodded, leaned back, stroked an imaginary beard. Started rocking the leg of his that wasn't fucked. He got the distinct feeling he should have just shut up and let the pain overtake him, like, one or two questions ago. But he was curious at this point.

So he kept digging.

"You guys close or?"
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

She looked away from him, at nothing in particular. Could she really claim to be close to someone she'd practically only known for two days? Someone she'd killed? Marion felt like a friend, but she'd been barely less of a stranger than Jasper.

"... no."

She shouldn't have brought her up at all. Why was it any of his business? Who was he, even?

"So what about you," she asked, turning back to him, "since we've learned plenty about me? You got a name?"
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

"...you fuckin' serious? We're about to graduate and shit and you don't know my fuckin' name?"

Matias scoffed, half-laughed a bit. Not to suck his own dick too much or anything but just, like, he was on the soccer team and thought he was fairly well-known and shit? And even if he wasn't, like, shouldn't you know the names of your classmates by this point? They'd been around each other for four years, he'd thought that would've been a given at this point.

Whatever.

And they hadn't, by the way, learned plenty about her, she'd sidestepped his question about why she wanted to escape, but he was digging closer and closer to a brick wall so there was no point in questioning any further there.

"Matias Juarez. That's who I am. You're Nadine Morales, I'm pretty sure. And by the way."

He looked down at his thigh. Gulped, sighed. Looked back at Nadine.

"You still accepting new people in your escape thing or no?"
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

"... Flores, actually." The barest hint of a smirk played across her face. "But I can't complain. Glass houses."

She wouldn't have complained regardless. Weren't there, like, a thousand students or so at Mangrove? Not getting their names perfectly right was understandable in her view, and was better than she herself had managed. Frankly, she was a little surprised Matias recognized her at all.

Nevermind that, though. He'd had something else to say. Much more important than his griping about names.

"And yes, definitely. There's no such thing as too many escapees, I figure."
[+] TV3
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
[+] New BRAU