DELICIOUS APE

deth thred

The Compound consists of the upper, above ground levels of the titular structure. The outer walls of The Compound evoke brutalist architecture, being composed primarily of concrete, steel, and glass. The building itself is enormous, and box-like in shape, with two floors above ground and two floors below ground. Despite the road, parking lot, and fence surrounding The Compound all showing signs of age, the structure itself appears to be completely intact. On the roof of the structure are an enormous exhaust pipe and a very large loudspeaker, the latter of which can be heard across nearly the whole arena when it is turned on, and is nearly deafening up close.

Inside, The Compound's floors all consist of the same layout, with hallways running around the perimeter of the building surrounding its central staircase, with rooms branching outwards from these hallways and facing the outer edges of the building. During the day, the interior of The Compound is dimly lit, courtesy of the glass windows common to every outside-facing room. At night it is completely dark inside, requiring the use of a flashlight for the average person to be able to see.

Much of the furnishings of The Compound have been moved around and overturned to create cover within the rooms and hallways, but cursory examination shows the most common furnishings being cabinets, flat metallic tables, and plastic chairs. Discerning the purpose of most of The Compound's above ground rooms is difficult, but flat countertops with fume hoods above them are a frequent sight, and some rooms (primarily on the building's west side) possess beds and were seemingly designed for habitation. Shards of glass from shattered glassware and scattered, broken medical equipment is common in The Compound's rooms, but not the hallways.

THREAD LIMIT: 2

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispy brought his arm up to protect his head, only for his leg to buckle underneath him, Crispy only just catching himself with his hand before eating shit. Turned out, Kaine was a lot more unpredictable than he'd thought originally.

His body was on fire, through his thudding leg, thudding head, burning face, burning lungs, everything hurt. Everything burned.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine had got Crispin good. He smirked with a sense of gleeful, twisted pride.

He stepped forward without thinking about staying away from the other boy and he raised the rebar to strike Crispin's back. He had to take him out. Fast.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Another smack to the back with a metal pipe sent Crispin sprawling onto the ground, the wind knocked out of him. He scrambled forward, trying to pull himself up to his knees before he fell flat on his face again. This motherfucker wasn't going to kill him. Hide all he wants, all the sneak attacks in the world won't save Kaine when Crispy gets up.

"Fff-fucking coward; quit fucking toying you bitch."

With what little air he could draw into his lungs being used to swear at his attacker, he pulled his leg up from under him, getting into a kneel, getting ready to stand. He couldn't see Kaine, but he could hear him. His eyes glanced at the dust, where the footprints were forming. If he could see Kaine's foot placement, and hear the whirr of the rebar swinging his direction, Crispy could defend against it. The taste of blood filled his mouth.

He had a plan now.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine needed to make sure that Crispin was going to stay down. He couldn't stop what he was doing right now.

He moved his right foot slightly and he started to swing the rebar down with a stronger force.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

There was the dull thud of metal on bone as Crispin's arms raised up, taking the brunt of the attack. He gripped the rebar, held it firm despite his forearms burning. He pushed back against Kaine's force and stood up, still holding the rebar.

He spat, painting a transparent red-faced silhouette floating the air.

Lips parted in a grin of bloodied gums and yellow teeth.

"Found you..."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"Ugh..!"

Kaine hadn't meant to make a sound like that. When Crispin had spat at him, some of his blood had caught his right eye, making it a bit hard to see. The blood should have vanished on him, but it hadn't since Crispin could see him in his hidden form now.

Shit, well. He'll just have to deal with it.

"Bastard...."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispy brought his leg up and sparta kicked Kaine in the chest.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"ACK...!"

Kaine was suddenly not in his invisible form and he felt like Crispin had broken everything inside his chest. He went flying backwards and he landed hard on some crumbly debris near the edge of the roof. He let out a painful groan and he let out a weak coughing noise. Blood dripped out of his mouth onto his chin and his collar. He could barely breathe now.

His body was refusing to move.

Was this really how he was going to die? He had misjudged Crispin.

It felt like it would hurt more to speak.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

The phrase fuck around and find out has been said many times throughout history, but until now, hasn't had a picture to match the definition. Today, that changes. Crispy gritted his teeth and tossed the now visible rebar to the side. He didn't need it, and Kaine wouldn't neither where he's going. He didn't bother rushing to him, he knew that kick had shattered every rib in Kaine's body, maybe even went all the way through and broke his spine in two as well.

He could leave him here to rot, the bastard was already dead, and he didn't even know it yet. He didn't have time, for it, but he wanted to send a message. To Austin, to Mercy, to the people watching this shit. You can only push someone so far. Just because someone's been holding back don't make them weaker than you. Just because they CHOOSE not to hurt you don't mean they can't. Sometimes the worst punishment you receive is the one you make, and Kaine's just about to sleep six feet deep in the bed he'd made.

"Hey Austin? You still in my head, or Kaine's? Y'feel that kick? Your bitch boy here sure did. I ain't done neither..." Kaine wasn't worth speaking to anymore. Cowardly opportunistic trash spent his entire life hiding and being visible, acting like nothing until it was time for him to get his licks in, then disappear. Now wasn't the time for him to finally become visible, to become heard. His only choice now was a message, a warning.

"Gonna turn his bones to dust, paint this roof red with him. Shoulda' left when he had the chance."

He stepped closer.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Austin remained silent.

Nothing he said would change any of it.
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine closed his eyes briefly for a few seconds and he then opened them again.

Crispin wanted to make a message out of him. He could still feel Austin in his head and he regretted not listening to him before. But Kaine had made the choice of being stubborn and plain suicidal. Maybe this was better. He had failed to make Crispin a pitiful mess.

He moved his left hand that was hidden behind his back and he place it into his pocket slowly, touching the shard of glass slightly.

He coughed once again.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispy stepped closer.

"Y'all ain't talking all that shit anymore, what happened? You still enjoying the show, Austin? Still working out better than you coulda' asked for?"

Ever nearer, ever closer. Austin was on mute it seemed. Kaine was fidgeting around.

"Did I shock your bitch ass awake? Ain't even there to watch your fuckbuddy die?"

He shook his wrist out. Rusty barbed wire about to make it's mark.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Kaine could just taste the metallic taste of blood in his throat.

He let out a small wheeze of a laugh.

"...."

He wanted to speak but it was hard to do so and Crispin was getting closer and closer to him.
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

"I'm sorry, Kaine."
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispin loomed over Kaine. He cracked his knuckles.

"Look at that. Declaration of love, and your ass still got abandoned here. Austin bailed on you like you did Toma. No way he's staying now. He feels what you feel, what I feel. You think he's gonna hang around? Yeah fuckin' right, fuckin' weak things, you..."

Crispy leaned in close. He had no pity for either of them. They'd laugh and joke killing him. Brag like it made them special. Let 'em keep that attitude reaping what they fuckin' sow. Let Crispy throw it back on 'em, see how they feel.

"Any last words for us?"

Return to “The Compound (Danger Zone)”