Why didn't you do it for me? Why didn't you do it for us?

Open

Hugging the southern side of the island, this small village is where the vast majority of the island’s previous residents lived, worked, and leisured. The houses and occasional business closest to the waters edge all reside on stilts, a preventative measure for the unpredictable tides, while those closer to the outskirts begin to have backyards and small farming coops. What some would consider the centre of the town also contains a small square, as well as a simple stone church, short two-story bell tower, and wild overgrown gardens surrounding a distinctly leaderly house.

Moderator: SOTF International Staff

WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

Philia quickly shook her head. No, no, no. Not happening.

"No-we-if we -no. Okay.." She took a moment to compose herself, perhaps not understanding the gravity of the situation quite well. "No-just-no. Okay? We can..if we stay down they'll leave! They're probably like us, scared kids, that are playing the game because they want to get out." She sighed.

Selfish pricks. Killing people because they think they're the best! "If we wait it out..maybe they'll leave! Yeah, that's-yeah!"

"Trust me, Adrian, please!" She nods!
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."
Assigned Weapon: L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle
Location: She found her freedom in The Mysterious Circle - Inner Animal. [7/29]
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Gift: The Evil Eye
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

B12: Yutaka Seto - "You never know…"
Assigned Weapon: Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnum Revolver
Location: He lost on the draw in Residential Area (H/I8) - Stood Up.
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

Why the heck should he trust her?

So far, Philia had proven herself to be easily influenced, unable to plan ahead and hesitant to take action unless told so by others. All of these were reasons why Fabiano had kept her close in the first place. Because as long as she did these things and didn't hinder him, she would have been a useful tool.

But not anymore. Of all the opportunities to grow a spine and say "no", she had of course taken the most crucial one. Now she was just an annoying brat refusing to do the one thing he asked her to. She was still better than that asshat who had run off, but that wasn't much of a compliment.

Fabiano should have killed both of them last night. He should have volunteered to stand watch alone and waited until they both slept so he could shot them. But no, he had to try and give them a chance to prove themselves useful. How foolish of him, expecting anything from outsiders.

Right now, Philia's rifle was outside of his reach. Also, he wasn't sure he would be able to shoot it without his arm getting messed up by the recoil. But that was a risk he had to take.

"Fine. If you don't want to do it, them just give me the damn gun."

One bullet for Philia.

A second to scare off the sniper.

A third for Jaxon, once he caught up to the bastard.

And the rest of the ammo for everyone else he met on this damn island.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

"No, if-if there's one thing I won't do-no, I won't give the gun to you-no!"

She shook her head, clutching her gun with both her hands. It looks like it could very easily by taken out of her hands.

"Adrian I trust you but-but, if I give you the gun, in a deathmatch..ya know! Plus, we aren't gonna shoot them anyways! V-Vengeance is not something to pursue right now! We have to survive, and find other people to try to get the fuck outta here with. O-Okay? Please, just-trust me."

Videos took moments before disaster.
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

Leander’s answer did little to ease Jen’s concern. If anything, its simplicity did nothing but make the matter worse, that he could dart off like that seemed like it deserved more… conviction than a “Sure enough.”

She wondered if some part of it was lost on her. All of the people here were from different countries, as far as Jen could tell, so it was entirely possible that Leander’s presentation of this matter was customary where he came from, though such an idea seemed more than a bit ridiculous to her.

And so Jen didn’t quite do as Leander told her. She made sure to keep her head down, to do her best to stay out of sight, but she still tailed her friend at a distance. It all seemed a bit too wrong to just let him go.

If her encounter with Adrian had taught her anything, it was that this sort of game provided little reward for blind faith.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

The dirt under Leander's feet was tightly packed, any loose dust taken care of by the recent rainfall, but the humidity not high enough to turn it to slick mud. The air still felt dense in his lungs. There was a faint ringing in his ears from the shots he'd fired, but aside from that the world was silent and still.

Traversing a combat zone when he didn't know the layout was perilous, but he figured the others would still be pinned down, or else would be beating a retreat; if they had the firepower to retaliate, they would've done so already. The real issue now was just finding an opening, a place from which to spy on the happenings again and take another shot.

About ten feet ahead was a bend, and if Leander's calculations were right it should offer the angle he needed, at least to survey the situation. So, hanging close to the wall, he took the turn sharply.
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Fabiano realized his mistake.

"You are right. Sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

Careful to not leave cover again, he raised himself up a little, using the fountain as a crutch.

"We might atill be able to get out of here. Maybe the sniper decided to change positions or if we run into the direction Jaxon went, we might make it as well. Once I give the sign, we-"

He aborted his diversion mid-sentence and went for the gun.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

"It's fine, I'm just...we should try to avoid them first-I only want to use the gun if we have no other choice."

Philia realized Adrians mistake, the mistake of grabbing the front of the gun and pointing the barrel towards his chest.

Philia reflexively gripped the handle of the rifle harder, and also grabbed at the top of the gun as well. But, something occurred that Philia did not want to happen, like, at all.

The trigger was pulled, by Adrian, into her finger. Philia doesn't have very good trigger discipline. Philia then sees everything go into slow-motion, as the bullet from the rifle discharges, barreling towards Adrians chest.

Adrian, no matter what, was about to be very, very, dead. A bullet was about to cave in his chest.

And Philia could do nothing but watch the near-instant moment that Adrian has left of his life.
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

As Ajay made his way to the alley, there was footsteps heard in the distance around the corner. Always someone in his way...

Ajay wanted to get out of here without playing to this sick fucking show. He really did. But he wasn’t the dof cunt people took him for either, nor was he a weak bitch.

He took cover behind the corner, and readied his spear. This could be Seychelle coming for him, or fleeing the gunshots as well. It could also be someone else. Unfortunately if it were, everyone else in the area seemed content to make this place a warzone. Here, everyone was playing for keeps one way or another. Ajay assumed the same for the footfalls. If he didn’t strike first, they’d take him out. That’s just how it was.

If this was all a misunderstanding? Sorry pal, wrong place, wrong time, but better you than me. You were in my way as I was in yours, and were the roles reversed you’d do the same. Like it is back home, hate the game, not the winners.

Ajay inhaled a breath. Waited for the footfalls. Gunshots rang out behind him. He didn’t have time, fuck it. He turned the corner and charged, lurching the pike forward.

He hoped it was Seychelle.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Leander didn't see it coming until it was far too late. As he swung around the bend, a guy popped into view going the other way, and what caught his attention at first was the boy's outrageous appearance, all chains and bright colors and shaved eyebrows. It brought Leander up short, in a way that felt just as real as the sudden, sharp thump that sent pain blooming through his chest.

"Who are you?" Leander wheezed, only then letting his eyes drift down to catch the long spear that linked him to the boy.

That was a lot of blood. Unfortunate. He coughed and stumbled, but the spear helped keep him up, or maybe it was the wall he staggered into.

Gently, gingerly, Leander set the rifle down so it leaned against the wall as well. It wouldn't do to drop it on the ground. It could get broken, or gummed up, and they needed it. Simple plan, right? A gun for close range, and a gun for long distance, and another gun besides. Too bad it was kind of hard to move with this spear stuck in him and the feeling and color quickly draining out of the universe.

He tugged on his blazer and waistcoat, straightening them around the weapon, then brushed his fingers against the haft as he sank to his knees and toppled to the side in the dirt.

This felt like something he should understand, or had heard about, or something, but it was all scrambled up. The whole thing was so abrupt, he was only now starting to get mad about getting stabbed. Should he be worried? Jen was hiding, right?

But there wasn't time to think about that. Everything around him was fading quickly, an encroaching black circle starting at the edges of his vision and narrowing, making what he could see a smaller and smaller circle.

In just a few seconds, his world was that stupid hairstyle and the boy on the other end of the spear. Then it was gone.

O10, LEANDER VAN VLIET: DECEASED
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

A flash of light blinded Fabiano as a heavy force sent him flying backwards. For a moment he believed that Philia had somehow managed to punch him. But the searingly hot pain in his lower torso was way too big for that. Way bigger than the pain in his arm.

How the hell did Philia shot him? He had watched her since they met up, and she never did anything with the gun that could have turned the safety off. Did that mean she had been running around for hours with a loaded rifle that could have fired every moment? Just how much-

His journey through the air ended when he fell into the fountain, right next to the corpse of Liberty Renault. Or whatever her name was. Fabiano really had bigger worries right now. Like the pain in his chest making it harder to breath or talk or move or breath or see or hear or breath, for example.

Unable to even feel his limbs anymore, his fading vision only could look upwards, facing the sky. It was a nice sky. A few clouds within an all-encompassing blue. Just like in Malta. This was the sky he had lived under, just like everyone did, regardless of country. This was something he shared with Philia and Jaxon and Hoodie and Oscar and Soraya and Jen and everyone else on the island.

Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

O22 Fabiano Vecoli - Deceased
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Jen hadn’t let herself fall too far behind Leander, though she did at least try to keep to the spirit of what he had told her, keeping cover behind various buildings and objects along the way. However, all came to a stop when Leander swung around the bend and she lost sight of him.

She swallowed, huddling up behind the edge of a crate. Without any ability to see what was coming, her attempt to keep up with her friend was far more risky, maybe even foolish. Still, she couldn’t just let him run into danger, not after he had saved her.

After a moment more, Jen managed to pull herself from behind the crate attempting to move quickly in order to make up for lost time, shotgun still in her hands. Pain shot through her side, a wince coming to her face, but she managed to quiet herself.

That was, until she managed to see around the bend herself.

Several feet ahead, she saw Leander slumped against a wall, another boy holding a spear that seemed to pierce through her friend’s chest.

“L-Leander?”

Grip on the shotgun tightening, Jen could feel her breathing stop.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

It wasn't Seychelle, but a part of him knew that before he turned the corner. Was some other white boy in school clothes, looking just as shocked as Ajay was; he didn't recognize this one. He eyed the boy up and down, his face a grimace; did he make a mistake with this? He turned the corner and just put his spear into someone who may have very well been trying to escape when the shooting started as well. It wasn't until he caught eyes of the military sniper rifle that he decided that, no, he did not. Ajay was running away from the shootout, this guy was armed and running towards it, you do the math.

He committed, pushing the spear through to the other side of the boy as he asked who he was, pushing him against the wall. He watched him crumple, laying his gun down as he rolled over. Ajay watched the man's eyes, though the poor bastard had no way of knowing through his shades between them, and he stared, unblinking until he bled his last.

This was his first. Well, it would've come sooner or later, island or not. He swallowed a lump. His hands let go of the spear, as his eyes trailed to something else. "Don't mind if I do..." He grabbed the AWP by the barrel. It was warm. It gave Ajay some comfort that this cunt wasn't innocent. Better in his hands anyways then some little school boy, he understood the gravity of pulling a trigger beyond the recoil. He was aware of what was on the other side of this barrel. Sheltered lil cunt here didn't.

...Yeah.

He reached down for the bag as he heard movement. Heard a voice. Dead cunt had a name now, Leander. If not now he'd have found out later on anyways, provided he made it that far. He looked up at the girl. He cocked his head, frozen in place. One hand on the handguard of a rifle, the other on a bag wrapped around a corpse. A short rattley breath escaped him.

What now?
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

The boy who had killed Leander did not do much to react to her appearance, just staring right back at her. Maybe he felt guilty or confused, maybe he was scared of getting caught. Jen did not know, nor could she know.

Something like rage boiled in her gut, righteous indignation over the killing of Leander, who in truth she barely knew. And yet the feeling persisted. Jen had wanted to be able to help Leander in the way he had done for her, like a team, and now he lay dead.

Jen leveled the shotgun at the boy who had killed Leander, her expression twisting as she tried to focus the storm of despair and rage that brewed within.

“G-Get away from him!” She yelled, not firing the weapon, not sure that she could.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Ajay just stared. What was the game plan now? Probably gonna shoot him, he got her friend after all, if that. Everyone only knew each other for a day at the most, nobody really knew anyone. Probably why this came so easy to everyone. It didn't seem so easy for this girl though.

Why she didn't shoot, he wouldn't know, at least not now. He rather not stay and find out. He didn't want to stay long enough for this shit to go down in the first place, but everyone wanted to get involved. He had no pity for 'Leander.' Bastard wanted to play gangster, and got his ass shish-kabob'd when he should've stayed away. No pity. Felt bad for his friend just a little bit, but they knew what they were walking in to.

She told him to get away from him. Didn't have to tell him twice. He wasn't dying here. Didn't want to be here. Didn't want to see what he saw, or do what he did, but here he was. Didn't want to wait here and get shot for the crime of not rolling over and dying, or getting judged by eyes that just didn't get it. He was tired, he was angry, and he just wanted to be gone.

He wanted to say something, but his lips wouldn't form the words his mind wanted to say. There was nothing in the English or Afrikaans languages to say what Ajay had meant. The only language capable of that was something more primal, the Human language. He bared his teeth and screamed something that was a cross between a snake's hiss, and a cat's growl.

He wrenched the bag from Leander and fled with his gun.

((Ajay Bachmeyer continued elsewhere.))
Catche Jagger

Post by Catche Jagger »

Jen felt like she should’ve been angrier when the boy took Leander’s bag and gun when he ran off, that he could rob him of even more dignity in a moment like this, but it was hard to focus on that.

Instead, Jen just let the boy vanish from sight, slowly lowering the shotgun as she took one step towards Leander, and then another. He didn’t look at her, didn’t move, didn’t breathe. Because he was dead. The stillness of his form seemed unnatural, staring at it too long. It wasn’t just that he didn’t move, there was a sense that he was deflated, crumpled.

She drew close, but soon found that her legs would move no further. Something caught in her throat, a short whine passed through her lips, and Jen could feel her arms trembling.

She hadn’t known Leander, but he had saved her and she had so thoroughly failed to pay him back. Not even a day following their meeting, her only friend here was dead, and Jen could do nothing about it.

Her body wanted to give out there, its many aches and pains flaring up as her face twisted with frustration, sorrow, a feeling of helplessness.

But this place wasn’t safe, she knew. Adrian could still be around and this would be the worst possible time for a reunion. Leander wouldn’t want her dying here too. At least that’s what Jen told herself.

Jen took a deep breath, shaky, bringing her lips close together when she breathed back out

“I am… I am sorry, Leander.” She said, taking one last look at him before turning around and doing her best to get as far away from the fishing village as her legs would take her.

((Jen Mara Tuiqamea continued elsewhere…)))

Return to “The Fishing Village [DANGER ZONE]”