START GAME

Interactive Prologue—please read the rules before replying!

This building is familiar to the students, though more outdated than their own classrooms back in Shiroiwa. A two-story building, the schoolhouse has been only loosely retrofitted for its new role as command center of the program's staff, but students will be hard-pressed to mount any sort of effectual resistance, as personnel do not pass the windows and the area around the building is forbidden for entry to a distance of three hundred meters.

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

A knot form in Kyoichi's stomach. Of course they'd ask something like this of them. It wasn't enough to force them to kill each other, they had to layer an extra petty fuck-you over the top of it. He struggled with getting the lines down on the page. His hands were trembling so intensely it left the characters uneven and close to illegible, a far cry from his normally-neat penmanship. The Program hadn't even properly started and he was already coming unglued, losing little things of himself he'd taken for granted.

He wished they'd just let them out already. Wasting their time like this was merely a pitifully brief stay of execution, and that was no mercy at all; it was just drawing out the awful anticipation of it. It'd be kinder to just dump them out on the island to die.
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi
A B C D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] SOTF U
"I like to have contingencies, and contingencies for my contingencies."
Rachana Kumar
1 2 3 4
[+] ORDG
"I can play the game but it helps to know the score."
Marcus "Ashe" Wilson
[+] Cyber
"You don't know how lucky you are."
Paris "Duskblade" Lowery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Yoshimi did not write what she was told to.

She scribbled deliberately, looking up every now and then.

Yoshimi knew that it was contraband, but she listened to illegal music. It was the one delinquent activity she hadn't given up for Yoji since they started dating, and he seemed permissive of it compared to things like stealing and... the other things she used to do. She wrote a little faster than some of her peers.
[+] The Note
[In English]
You know you're good.
I think you like to go down.
You wouldn't have stopped but
I came, on getting down.
You said, "I must confess
I want to get undressed
And go to bed."
You fool, you married me instead.
Now, morning, noon, and night I give you
Head. Til you're burning up.
Head. Til you get enough.
Head. Til your love is red.
Head. Love you til you're dead.

[In Japanese]
(If this really is an island, meet at the Eastern beach)
Yoshimi smirked, folding the note into the shape of a paper airplane. She looked up and waited until Sakamochi and the guards weren't looking directly at her. There was a noise from somewhere in the room that pulled their attention. That was her chance.

She closed one eye, stuck out her tongue, and let it fly with a deliberate flick of the wrist.

The paper airplane nearly made it, but not quite. It crashed into the desk of Yuichiro just one desk ahead of the intended recipient. Her face turned fully red. She silently cursed and looked forward again, but kept her eyes swiveling to Yuichiro.
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

Keita wasn't there, so he couldn't write anything.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
AnimeNerd
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by AnimeNerd »

Megumi wished she had the bravery Yuichiro had. To agree and say that none of them would kill each other. But she saw it coming. That it would be meaningless, in the end. She wanted it to really do something, but she knew if it did do anything, it would be for the worst.

And that's why she wrote what Sakamochi told them to write. They had killed Mr. Hayashida for trying to talk with them. To get them to leave with their lives. She had heard something that sounded painful, while she was on the floor. A grunt after the thump of something hitting a person. They arrested people for the music they liked for goodness' sake! What would happen if she didn't write down the words Sakamochi wanted her to write? Would Megumi be slapped? Hit with the butt of a gun? Hell, would she be shot?! The terrible possibilities were endless and her own imagination wasn't helping things.

So she wrote it down.

We will kill each other. We will kill each other. We will kill each other.

If I don't kill, I will be killed. If I don't kill, I will be killed. If I don't kill, I will be killed.

A few tears landed on the paper, smudging the writing somewhat. Megumi didn't try to correct anything.
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait
Aqua Elle is a literal spitfire when you think about it
carduinal-cyn
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by carduinal-cyn »

私たちは互いを殺す
私たちは互いを殺す
私たちは互いを殺す
私は殺さなければ殺される
私は殺さなければ殺される
私は殺さなければ殺される

It all happened so fast.

One moment, Sho was getting his bearings; the next, the room was abuzz with talk of Programs and suicides and death. Despite his best efforts, no one could convince him this was all a terrible nightmare. Two seats to his left, Shuya Nanahara's face had contorted in ugliness and rage. You couldn't fake a look like that. And you especially couldn't fake Mitsuru's panicked reaction: nothing Shiroiwa High School could dish out rattled the Kiriyama family, especially not him. For a man like that to lose his cool... A black pit yawned open in Sho's stomach, and his eyes darted around the room along with his thoughts.

Mitsuru was as trustworthy as they came, Sho decided. Not many people would defy an arm of the government like that, but the Kiriyama family's pride and joy proved that rare exception. And then there was Shuya, the eternal rebel, with the easygoing nature and the handsome face that had so many girls pining for him. They were the Dependable. Simple men, with simple aspirations. Not the type to turn on anyone when the chips were down. Ryuhei and Hiroshi were too hotheaded, not reliable enough.

Then there was Kazuo.

At the best of times, Kazuo Kiriyama was the eye of the storm, always eerily calm. Always smarter, fiercer, faster, stronger than those mere mortals he kept at his beck and call. Nothing Sakamochi said even seemed to faze him. Not the death of their teacher. Not the wave of terror washing over every other student. Not even the way Mitsuru and Shuya seemed to... no, that was just Sho's imagination. Kazuo was probably straight—unless he was so much better than everybody else that love could never touch his heart of diamond stone. In the Program, Sho feared, someone so calm, so cold, so superior would crush them all like insects.

Survival of the fittest. That's what this game was. And Kazuo Kiriyama, the ultimate life-form, would naturally reign supreme.
Olivia del Rio [ES11] is shooting her shot!
Olivia's Relationship Thread
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 123456789101112Endgame (1234)
[+] Upcoming characters
There doesn't seem to be anything here.
[+] Past characters
Raymond LaSalle [S025] was squirreled away to his doom.
Raymond's Relationship Thread
Memories: 1
Supers: 1234567

Sho Tsukioka [B14] gave love a bad name.
Memories: 1
Battle Royale: 123456
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

It is, first of all, absolutely their place to question the wisdom of the government.

It was her place to ask them why they think her life was disposable.

It was her place to ask why she was an experiment to them and not a person.

It was her place to ask them why they wanted to see her blood on the floor.

With small, loopy handwriting, she wrote:

ファーストクラス期間
林田さん

私たちはお互いを殺します
私たちはお互いを殺します
私たちはお互いを殺します

私が殺さなければ、私は殺されます
私が殺さなければ、私は殺されます
私が殺さなければ、私は殺されます

-谷沢 はるか

あなたがこのサーを読んでいるなら、自分自身をファックして、自分自身を殺してください ♡
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Kazuo Kiriyama had watched all the occurrences in the classroom. When Mitsuru looked over at him, he looked back, face unchanged, eyes giving nothing away.

Then when requested he dutifully wrote out the lines Sakamochi provided.

He was silent the entire time.
Jilly
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Jilly »

Shogo slammed the pen down. He watched Sakamochi and the jarheads like a hawk, and when it was safe to do so he carefully tore out a section of his paper.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Mayumi listened and waited as others spoke. When Mr. Sakamochi told them to all write the phrases down, Mayumi didn't hesitate to unclasp her hands and begin to write. She had to flex her palms a bit to get the blood flowing back. There was an impression of a fingernail near her thumb.

She grabbed her pen and wrote slowly. All those calligraphy classes she took in middle school were coming into play here. She had to drop the class because her mother wanted her to take English tutoring instead. Still, it made her handwriting much nicer, so Mayumi was a little pleased to have taken it.

Granted, her writing was a bit sloppy and shaky this time. She tried to write slowly in order to at least be legible. If these people could kill Mr. Hayashida for protesting, they could easily kill her for messing up a character.
G014: Mayumi Tendou
[+] Former Characters

Program:

Program V2
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
Louisa Bloom: Deceased

Program V3 Prologue
Rodney Vasicek: Escaped
Ambrose Lexington: Deceased
Helena Christensen: Deceased

Program V3
Philippa "Pippa" Andolini: Deceased
Nastasia "Nastya" Zharkova: Deceased

TV:

TV2
Asa Rosen: Deceased
Taylor DeVasher: Deceased

TV3
Dale Hawthorne: Deceased
Shoshanna Kowalczyk: Deceased

Second Chances:

Second Chances V1
Paige Strand: Deceased
Amber Whimsy: Deceased

Second Chances V2
Sophie McDowell: Deceased
Brigid Paxton: Deceased
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Shinji's uncle had taught him that there was a time and a place for resistance. If you took the first shot, you might deny yourself better, later opportunities. Shinji was pretty good at basketball, starting shooting guard for a reason and all that, and part of what made him good was a knack for knowing when a better opening was right around the corner. He didn't settle.

Being defiant here and now wouldn't get him anything except a brief moment of satisfaction. Maybe that was what this exercise was for to begin with, to figure out who would be trouble. A lot of the class would probably fall for that (isn't that right, Shu?), but not Shinji. If you were going to pull something, it was best if nobody saw it coming.

So Shinji wrote on the paper with quick, shaky strokes. The characters were lopsided and sloppy, and not in the nonchalant way where it was clear he just didn't care that much. He scratched out half of his second line. It was just a mess.

He frowned at the paper, folded it in half, creased it, tore it. The half with the scratched-out line, he crumpled into a ball and stuck back in the desk. On the remaining half, he wrote the words he was supposed to write, more legibly this time.

He scooted the paper away from himself, and let his hands drift to his lap. On the way, he palmed the little wad of paper from his first attempt at writing, and transferred it to his pocket.

Part of finding an opening was making one, stacking up all the little advantages you could until they amounted to something.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Mitsuko just watched. She watched as Nanahara got up and sat back down. She watched as Hirono sat down under influence from one of Sakamochi's "friends." She received a piece of paper and was told to write that she would kill her classmates, which was ... fair enough.

We will kill each other.

They had her by the proverbial balls, and there was nothing she could really do. She sure as shit didn't want to die, and if she had to go through a couple people just to live, well, she could live with it.

We will kill each other.

Because her life was worth more than her dignity. So she would learn to live with it.

We will kill each other.

If I do not kill, I will be killed.

Because she could live with it.

She. Could. Live with it.

Plop

Three seats to her left, a paper airplane landed by Takiguchi's deak. Some motherfucker was about to get their ass whipped. She just looked ahead to Sakamochi.

Sakamochi-sensei, go suck your mom's dick.

Mitsuko may be able to live with it, but it didn't mean she had to like it, or any of the people involved in running this shitshow.
The Director

Post by The Director »

When the sounds of scribbling had finally mostly died down, Sakamochi gestured to the students.

"Very good," he said. "Now then, it's time for all of you to get started. It's in random order, generated by a computer, so you know it's fair."

He pulled an envelope out from a pocket inside his jacket and held it up, but did not yet open it.

"One student will leave every two minutes. That's a pretty quick pace, so we'll all have to work together to keep it up. When I call your name, you'll come up, take the bag on top of the pile, and then walk out that door. Turn right, head down the hall, and you'll be outside. Oh, and no loitering in the hall, or you'll be shot.

"Now then..."

Sakamochi again reached into his pocket, and pulled out a pair of scissors with pink ribbon wrapped around the handle. With great dignity and solemnity, he snipped one of the short ends off the envelope, and pulled out the paper inside, unfolding it.

"Alright, alright. The first student to leave will be...
[+] How This Works
We are now in the final deployment phase of the Prologue! From here out, each student gets only one post in the thread, in which their name is called, they're handed a bag, and they exit the building. Unlike in the actual Battle Royale novel, this is being done in random order in-character, but out-of-character you can post whenever you want to, and your character will have been "randomly" called at that point. We're doing it this way to make sure the thread isn't held up waiting for specific people.

You do not have to participate in this phase—if you don't, we'll just assume your character got called somewhere in there and exited the building. You can start posting in the rest of the game right away, but if you want to do an exit post, you should do that before posting elsewhere, so we have a general idea of the order in which characters leave the building. Even with our best efforts, this may end up a little messy and imperfect, and that's okay. We just want everyone to do their best!

Please remember that there are no private threads in the BRAU2. Also, activity enforcement begins now(ish)—we'll say at the end of the 19th the timer starts ticking. Exit posts from this thread do not count for activity purposes, so please make sure your character is in a thread somewhere else on the island within fourteen days or you'll get a warning!

As always, if you have any questions, just drop a line. Thanks, and have fun!
[+] Surprise
Thanks to Claire for sig image!
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

"... Keita Iijima."

Of course trying to hide hadn't worked.

Of course they hadn't magically forgotten he was there.

Of course he was the first to get sent out.

With shaking legs, Keita stood up. He now saw the island that Sakamochi had scribbled on the board. He now also saw Hayashida for a second time, which was two times too many.

As he made his way to the front, he felt the eyes of nearly the whole class staring into him. Where they evaluating him? Thinking about how dangerous he would be? Or were they already imagining how to best kill him?

He didn't know. He didn't want to know.

When arriving near the door, he took the bag at the top of the pile. It felt awkward in his hands.

Then, following a weird urge, he turned to his class one last time.

"T-t-take care, everyone."

With that, Keita Iijima left the classroom.

((Keita Iijima continued in Dead Man's Hand))
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
AnimeNerd
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by AnimeNerd »

"Megumi Eto."

It...it was her nextt. Megumi barely even have time to breathe before being thrust through the gates of Hell.

For a moment she almost didn't want to get up. Like if she stayed sitting there, maybe she could deny that it was all happening. That she wasn't in The Program. That her friends weren't there with her. That she really was having a nightmare and she was only seconds away from waking up and going to Mom and Daddy and telling them about the awful, horrible dream she had been having.

The stinging on her calves once she suddenly stood, knocking the chair down behind her, reminded her.

'This is all real, and you're probably going to die here.'

She rushed to the front of the room, terrified of what could happen if she took too long. She snatched the next bag after Keita took his, and practically ran to the door to the hallway.

She stopped there. And for a moment her eyes looked over her classmates. The ones that really mattered to her. Kaori, Mizuho, Shuya, Takako-Takako?

'Not now, not when you don't even know if you're going to live to see tomorrow.'

Megumi took a deep breath, and chose to follow in Keita's example.

"Good...good luck, everyone."

[[And then she ran.]]
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait
Aqua Elle is a literal spitfire when you think about it
Namira

Post by Namira »

"Toshinori Oda."

Third place? Hmph.

Toshinori rose in a smooth motion and strode to the front of the room. He wasn't rushing, he simply saw no point in dawdling. This sorry lot would see his true value soon enough.

He picked up a bag, and then politely inclined his head to Sakamochi-sensei.

Then he left the room. He wished them neither luck nor care, why should he?

Lying was so crass.

Return to “School (G7) [Forbidden]”