while you were having premarital cybersex, i studied the blade

(oneshot, 9:00 PM)

The West Wing's third floor housed the Senior Year (12th Grade) homerooms. Your home away from home, once—now, you've never felt farther from it. In contrast to the substantial changes seen across the other halls, this one looks the same as always, untouched and unchanged by the terrorists—as if nothing terrible had happened here. It almost looks like ordinary classes might start up again at any moment.

If only.

Moderator: SOTF: Cyber Staff

almostinhuman

while you were having premarital cybersex, i studied the blade

Post by almostinhuman »

((Dusk continued from Jigane ga deru))

Perhaps they had been a little hasty.

Not in trying to kill Amy; Dusk was certain of their path in that regard. But they'd had heady, high-minded ideas of challenging her to a duel before Zorin and C showed up and made that impossible, and their embarrassing little fuckup had revealed that, perhaps, that was a bad idea for now. They had experience in CR gaming, especially in skateboarding and parkour sims, but it turns out being a big Bleach fan didn't instantly translate to knowing what you were doing with a sword, nevermind when you're anime-teleporting around making yourself dizzy and nauseous on top of that. Not that Amy was terribly more likely to know what she was doing with her own weapon, but still. It was clear they didn't actually have the skills needed to get this shit done.

So may as well start working on that.

They'd learned a few things, practicing their swordswinging and teleporting in one of the larger west wing classrooms. For starters, this katana was sharp; it cut through the wood and metal of the desks and chairs here pretty effortlessly, and even left deep slash marks in the walls and floor whenever Dusk accidentally nicked them. They were pretty sure this wasn't how these things actually worked in real life, but they weren't complaining. Second, their little teleporter thing was very particular about where you were looking when you used it. "Good enough" wasn't good enough, you had to be looking exactly where you wanted to go. It was a little tricky getting used to the limits of the thing, but they'd have to manage it if they wanted to be successful next time.

The third was that they absolutely weren't lying when they'd said the teleporter could make you sick with overuse. Dusk had overdone it plenty, and more than once had to stop and throw up in the corner. Had the school's CR sim always had mechanics for fucking nausea, or was this a new feature their captors had given them?

Eventually, they were satisfied with their work. At any rate, every bit of furniture in the room had been mercilessly slain, cut to pieces and littering the floor. They felt like maybe - maybe - they had a bit more of an idea of what they were doing now. At the very least, they couldn't stand making themselves sick for no reason anymore. It was probably as much practice as they were gonna get without trying it out for real.

They just had to find someone alone this time.

As the announcement blared to life, filling their view, Dusk shut the door on the classroom, leaving it in ruins behind them. From the sound of it, it was time to get back to work.

((Dusk continued in forces are aligning quietly, and there will be trouble))
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi