Yu-Mi's Relationships Lobby

you've heard of a steam friends list. now get ready for a steam enemies list

This subforum exists to allow for discussion and planning related to the SOTF: Cyber AU.

Moderator: SOTF: Cyber Staff

apocalypseyuri

Yu-Mi's Relationships Lobby

Post by apocalypseyuri »

I've been inactive as of lately, so what better way to start getting back into the swing of things than with a relationship thread?

I’m looking for relationships for one Yu-Mi Lee. Yu-Mi is a social, carefree girl; if you're feeling generous, then she's free-spirited and fun-loving, if not, then she's lazy and careless. Although she usually seems lackadaisical, if you start a conversation with her about something she likes, then she'll talk your ear off. She doesn't have much of a filter, as well as an odd speaking pattern. If you get past the cruder parts of her, however, and aren't too serious, she's a well-meaning, friendly girl whose company you can enjoy. Her hobbies are video games, competitive gaming (specifically fighting and third-person shooters), watching YouTube, anime, and bonsai. Also, you'll mostly find her in Cyber Reality, although if she likes you enough she'll make the effort to touch grass for you.

Looking For...

Partner: Sorry ladies, Yu-Mi's taken! *crickets chirping*

Pals: Even if it isn't apparent, Yu-Mi typically goes into any new interaction with friendly intentions. She's not everyone's cup of tea, however, and not everybody is hers. Yu-Mi would be friends with fellow gamers, weebs, and general Cyberspace nerds, although the occasional odd duck may slip in.

Neutral/Acquaintances: For people Yu-Mi has no real opinion on. Maybe's she's seen or talked to you once or twice, maybe more, but in general, the people here are ones Yu-Mi knows but has no opinion on.

Dislikes: If Yu-Mi finds your presence unpleasant, you go here. People Yu-Mi would dislike are people who openly revile Cyber Reality, people who dislike her lackadaisical ways or whom she finds condescending, or unfriendly rivals.

Enemies: Yu-Mi usually doesn't have the energy to really hate someone, so if you're in this slot, you must've done something pretty major, ie. being a raging bigot.

Feel free to volunteer up a character for a relationship on a reason not listed, or to DM (through the forum or on discord) me if you need to hash out a dynamic idea!

Relationships List

Partner:
Solana "Sunny" Lucero Estelle: "Sunny's the sweetest. I'm glad to have met her. Like genuinely, she's so nice it's sometimes hard to believe she's real. I guess I'm just really lucky. Can that luck transfer to my gacha rolls? Like, Jesus."

Pals:
Ángel Alcántara: "Those Omega Squad guys can be waaaay too intense, but Ángel's actually pretty chill! We game together sometimes, he's a pal I think. I still think their team name is silly, though."
Soledad Fernandez: "Sol! She's so cool. She's probably the person I get along best with outside of Sunny. It's nice to just, like, chill with her."
Zeph Newman: "I feel like I'm connected to every one of my friends through gaming somehow. Whaaaat, it's a popular hobby. Anyway, Zeph is nice. I like him."

Neutral/Acquaintances:
Rikario Dalton: "We were friends, actually, in like freshman year. We kinda just...drifted apart, though. I don't see him often."
Xtra Zimmerman: "You know how I said that the Omega Squad is way too intense? Yeah, case in point. Ángel likes her, though, so that's soooomething, I guess."
Amy Cassady: "Amy! She's like a...skittish rabbit. We're cool but not super tight. I'm kiiiiinda surprised that the Omega Squad hasn't eaten her alive yet. Is that rude to say?"
Ripley Klein: "I don't think he likes me LMFAO."

Dislikes:
Ray Sullivan: "I don't get along with people who don't like CR. Like, stop being so serious, it's not gonna kill ya."

Enemies:
SOTF: CYBER
Yu-Mi Lee: Is this what you call a "gamer girl?"
EllisWilson

Post by EllisWilson »

Zion Jett no longer exists. Please ignore all post relating to him. Thanks.
NoLife42069
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by NoLife42069 »

Ángel Alcántara as a pal. As a person who's more laid-back Ángel is fine with the lack of filter and I'm sure they game sometimes.
I have some neat kids, check them out if you're into that sort of thing. Yes, even if a chunk of them are older than me.
[+] spoiler in the game
One Room Deathgame: Angry Knife man with horrid scars.
"I gambled away my life and paid for it, now all that drives me forward is petty revenge."

U: An older version of me in a shituation.
"I always told my mom, that if she ever caught me smoking then something Very wrong has happened in my life."
Cyber:Ángel Alcántara, Watch his halo fade and his wings morph.
"Angels have always been ruthless. Uriel watches Eden with a fiery sword. They even say he is as pitiless as the demons. Maybe aspiring to be them is why I feel like a moth flying into a golden flame."
[+] spoiler Some far off dream
TV-intermissions: The Wannabe- Ivan Rodrigues(S68)- "No, beating me within an inch of my life and carving letters on my head wouldn't be funny."
The Desperate- Cylia "Cyl" McGill(S69)- "Just one more... Just one more kill and maybe he will look at me! I'M NOT A MONSTER!"
The Pyromaniac- Seraphine Sinclair(S70)-"Brighter! Hotter!! Louder!!! Let this flame burn the arena away! They want a show, but they can't take the heat!!!"

TV4: The Acrobat- Harper -"They always told me to be ready for anything..."
The Writer- Juniper -"Mom, Dad? I know you're watching. Fuck you for dreaming of this..."
FlockOfHens

Post by FlockOfHens »

I'm gonna put in Rikario as a Neutral; He probably talked to her once. Or maybe old friends that drifted apart?
My Kids!
[+] Currently Playing
  • Rikario Dalton (Cyber) / The Frail
    "W-why... why am I... still p-pretending... e-e-everything will be... o-okay..?"
[+] In The Future
  • Zachill "Hill" Eldman (DOTF)/ The Doubtful
    "There's always a silver lining to every problem!"
  • Jane-Elise Palbrooke (DOTF) / The High-Flyer
    "People keep sayin' they wanna be famous through this or that; I just wanna be successful."
  • Ailwin De Vonte (Hellbent) / The Failure
    "The world was beginning to lose its color... Its flavor... It became so hollow..."
  • "Kreeck" (Fastest) / The Faithful
    "I SPOKE TO THE LORD, AND HE SPOKE TO ME. HE CHANTED, "CHILD, I MUST HAVE AN ARMY. BRING ME AN ARMY." AND LO, I SHALL FULFILL HIS WISHES."
  • "Maroon" (ROGUE - Coming Soonish!) / The Beneficial
    "Oh darling, I'm making bank the best way I know how!"
  • Acaylah Jaisuke "AJ" Hawke (DEAD-END - Coming Soonish!) / The Wandering Bard
    "Sometimes, you gotta pave a new road to drive on."
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Xtra might be either pals or neutral with Yu-Mi. Xtra is tight with Angel, a point in her favor, but is more detached/icy than he is. She likes gaming, but she takes it really seriously, and that intensity may not always be welcome. But she's big on CR, and appreciates fellow enthusiasts, even if she views most of them as a bit lacking in true perspective.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
EllisWilson

Post by EllisWilson »

Ray Sullivan for dislikes as Ray has a noted dislike for CR. He is also known as a loud mouthed attention seeker, if that helps any.
Ahab9

Post by Ahab9 »

Hi!
Could Amy Cassady count as acquaintance?
Perhaps they know each other common friends but don't really interact?
どこにいたって、人は繋がっているのよ

SOTF Cyber: Amalia 'Amy' Cassady
JacobAllTradez

Post by JacobAllTradez »

Oh dude, Soledad and Yu-Mi sound like besties. She seems like the type of person Soledad would get along and banter with 24/7, especially regarding anime. She miiight have a slight crush on Yu-Mi but not act on it given her relationship with Sunny. If that's alright, let me know.
apocalypseyuri

Post by apocalypseyuri »

JacobAllTradez wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:22 pm Oh dude, Soledad and Yu-Mi sound like besties. She seems like the type of person Soledad would get along and banter with 24/7, especially regarding anime. She miiight have a slight crush on Yu-Mi but not act on it given her relationship with Sunny. If that's alright, let me know.
That's fine with me! :D Yeah, their personalities feel like they'll really mesh well.
SOTF: CYBER
Yu-Mi Lee: Is this what you call a "gamer girl?"

Return to “SOTF: Cyber Planning/Discussion”