The Woodcutter

What Remains of Maud Sparrow (Private)

A short trek from the village leads to the frozen lake, where one can find a small wooden building standing alone next to it. The inside of the hut is full of boxes of hockey equipment and ice skates, which are quite well preserved in the cold. A small wood-fired oven was brought in adjacent to an improvised kitchenette, opposite a set of worn-looking leather couches. Surprisingly, the kitchen cabinets are still well-stocked with tea.

The lake itself stretches a good way towards the horizon from any spot on its shore, and there are only a few small bluffs of rocky land jutting out past the thick layer of ice. The frozen abyss of water below is certainly deep enough to vanish into and never be found, and has only frozen over shortly before the events of the Experiment.

Moderator: SOTF U Staff

Namira

Post by Namira »

Maud's connection was solid. The revenant's head snapped to the side, but just as quickly, it retaliated, scything the cleaver around like it'd pinged a rubber band.

Heath's bullet went right through the bicep with a burst of blood. The revenant didn't even slow.
AnimeNerd
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by AnimeNerd »

As long as she could remember, Maud knew death would come for her.

She always had suspicions of how it would go. It was something one couldn't help but speculate, with a family like hers.

Her hair was long and golden, but she didn't need rescuing from a tower. She could handle herself-she wasn't Rapunzel.

Despite any her family had, they loved each other-could never dream of mistreating each other. She could never be Cinderella.

She didn't really have anyone she loved enough to want to see them change, and until recently, she never had anyone she thought she cared for do something beastly. She's no Beauty.

She didn't even like cleaning normally. The idea of doing it as a job for seven men she barely knew sounded nightmarish to her. She would never even want to be Snow White.

But she loved going to places she didn't belong. She didn't want too much or too little-only just right. And to be blunt, she fit the image to a T. It felt only right to claim Goldilocks for herself.

But as Maud Sparrow Jr. looked Death himself in the eye, knowing what was next, she recognized the truth.

A potential future Grandma and Red would have the chance to live.

The Woodcutter would not.

It was a fact she made peace with, moments before blade connected to flesh.

After that...it didn't really matter.

The Fairy Tale Had Come To Its End.
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait
Aqua Elle is a literal spitfire when you think about it
NoLife42069
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by NoLife42069 »

They saw that the mind is split into two halves. The Left is analytical, logical, and cold. The Right is feeling, creative, and dumb. Together they make us, caring and creative, and also intelligent analytical.

Heath's mind was at war. The left told him to run. To get as far away from this cold cabin as humanly possible. To follow Rachana's lead, grab his shit, and run until he couldn't anymore.

The right told him to help her. To unload his gun into the Thing, and when that ran out take his machete and charge it. To save or at least help Maud. To not leave her to die as he and Rachana put five miles between them and this location. But there was a reason he referred to it as dumb. It wanted him to charge a creature that took a bullet to the chest and kept going, didn't even slow down. Fuck it barely even flinched.

Then the cleaver in the Thing's hand hit Maud. He saw it connect. He saw the blood. And he made a decision. Heath fired another shot.

His hand reached down to his suitcase/pack. He grabbed it and fired another shot. Heath saw Maud's body fall, and he made the conscious choice to avoid looking at it.

Then Heath was running out the door. He wished he could grab Maud's pack as well but It was in between him and the bag. Heath dreaded the thought of having to come back here. Heath fired his 5th bullet.

As the frigid air of the island hit him, he stopped and fired his 6th shot at the beast. His hand was starting to sting as he pulled the tri-CLICK. It was frankly shocking just how loud that click was. He could hear his heartbeat in his ears, and it thumped like a war drum, and yet that click may have been the loudest thing to him at that moment. "FUCK!" He was out. The gun went back into his pocket, the heat of it made his thigh hurt. But it hardly mattered.

He had to catch up with Rachana.

(Heath Redfield running like a madman elsewhere)
I have some neat kids, check them out if you're into that sort of thing. Yes, even if a chunk of them are older than me.
[+] spoiler in the game
One Room Deathgame: Angry Knife man with horrid scars.
"I gambled away my life and paid for it, now all that drives me forward is petty revenge."

U: An older version of me in a shituation.
"I always told my mom, that if she ever caught me smoking then something Very wrong has happened in my life."
Cyber:Ángel Alcántara, Watch his halo fade and his wings morph.
"Angels have always been ruthless. Uriel watches Eden with a fiery sword. They even say he is as pitiless as the demons. Maybe aspiring to be them is why I feel like a moth flying into a golden flame."
[+] spoiler Some far off dream
TV-intermissions: The Wannabe- Ivan Rodrigues(S68)- "No, beating me within an inch of my life and carving letters on my head wouldn't be funny."
The Desperate- Cylia "Cyl" McGill(S69)- "Just one more... Just one more kill and maybe he will look at me! I'M NOT A MONSTER!"
The Pyromaniac- Seraphine Sinclair(S70)-"Brighter! Hotter!! Louder!!! Let this flame burn the arena away! They want a show, but they can't take the heat!!!"

TV4: The Acrobat- Harper -"They always told me to be ready for anything..."
The Writer- Juniper -"Mom, Dad? I know you're watching. Fuck you for dreaming of this..."
almostinhuman

Post by almostinhuman »

Rachana had never run so fucking fast in her life. She was far from the cabin now, though it was still within view. She hadn't even stopped to see what, exactly, they were running from. She'd simply bolted from the cabin, content in her assumption they were all running from whatever-it-was and they'd be safe from it soon enough.

She skidded to a halt on the frozen ground, turning back at the distant sound of Heath's shouting. Shouting alone in front of the cabin. She could not make out whatever creature they were fleeing from. Worse still, she couldn't see Maud...

She turned and continued running.

((Rachana Kumar continued in the value of Life is negative))
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi