Six White Horses

6:00 AM, Day 1, in the foothills of the Southern Peak

This section covers areas that lack major defining features. Okishima Island is largely covered in forest, broken up by periodic clearings and meadows. The island slopes up towards its two peaks, and the combination of this and the foliage make for rough traveling through the undeveloped areas, though a road through the valley between the peaks offers access to the western side of the island and is comparatively traversable.

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

Mizuho tensed up at Souma’s response. Her tone, the choice of words, it was all so condescending, as if her mistrust was laughable. Mizuho felt embarrassed for a moment, but soon reminded herself of how cruel how Souma’s gang had been to her and her friends. Did Souma think she’d just forget about that, or was she expecting Mizuho to believe in some sudden change of heart?

Unfortunately, Mizuho was given little time to consider the question, as Tsukioka suddenly grabbed Motobuchi and began to drag him off. Mizuho would have tried to stop him, aimed her gun and shouted threats, but Souma was still there.

And she locked up, face growing pale.

She couldn’t think, she couldn’t do anything. Her heart raced even though her body remained still, eyes darting back to Souma as the two boys disappeared from sight.

“I… I-I…” Mizuho stammered awkwardly, raising her weapon in her hand, though her grip was unsteady. She knew what she had to do. Aiming well above Souma’s head, Mizuho pulled the trigger, closing her eyes as the gunshot rang out.

She didn’t look to see how Souma reacted, hoping that she had ducked or gone for cover. Taking advantage of the moment, Mizuho ran in the same direction Tsukioka had dragged Motobuchi, moving as fast as her legs would carry her.

((Mizuho Inada continued elsewhere...))
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Everything happened kinds fast right then. First, Tsukioka decided right there to take off running, dragging Motobuchi with him. And then,

BANG

Mitsuko fell right back on her ass at the sound of the gunshot. She just lay there as Inada ran off to who knows where. It was at that moment when she started thinking that she really needed to reconsider her life choices. Everybody knew her as "Hardcore" Souma, the scourge of all the other girls. And now she had a big-ass gun that she was doing nothing to hide. Of course hardly anybody wanted anything to do with her. The class fucking hated her. It just never fucking mattered until now. It didn't really make her feel bad, at least not in a oh, I need to take stock of my life and become a better person way. More in a if I knew that this was happening in advance, I wouldn't have picked on them way.

Mitsuko got up from her spread-eagle position. Other than her ass, nothing really hurt. Either Mizuho was shit at shooting people, or she hadn't meant to hit. She looked back at the spot where the other three were and shook her head as she left. Now she just had to walk around and stay away from any stupid danger.

And now's the time that people grow a spine.

((Mitsuko Souma continued in Dichefat))

Return to “In-Between [Forbidden]”