Dichefat

By Area G8 (Close enough to see the school, not inside the DZ)

This section covers areas that lack major defining features. Okishima Island is largely covered in forest, broken up by periodic clearings and meadows. The island slopes up towards its two peaks, and the combination of this and the foliage make for rough traveling through the undeveloped areas, though a road through the valley between the peaks offers access to the western side of the island and is comparatively traversable.

Moderator: BRAU2 Director

decoy73

Dichefat

Post by decoy73 »

((Mitsuko Souma continued from Six White Horses))

More deaths. Fucking awesome. People were really getting into this whole thing. Wuugh. And with Inada willing to fire even a warning shot, well, things weren't looking good for Mitsuko. Fuck, Mimura and Sugimura were down - one known for being incredibly good to have in a fight, the other with enough of a head to at least have part of a plan to escape. So, yeah, pretty much fucked. Well, she had one idea, but only she could pull it off, and only for herself.

She could actually see the schoolhouse. She took a few steps forward and looked at her map. This was likely as close as she could get without blowing her head off.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

((Yoshimi Yahagi continued from Thieves in the Temple))

The time had passed fairly uneventfully following their departure from the house.

It could have almost passed for the sort of experience she'd been expecting of going on a school trip with her boyfriend. Or it could have been until the man started reading off names.

Yoshimi was beyond shocked by some of the people on the list. The prettiest girl in class (next to Mitsuko) was dead. So was one of the class reps: dependable, fair Yukie. Notorious playboy Shinji was also among the deceased.

Yoshimi clung to Yoji's arm until the announcement had concluded, not wanting to think about the contribution she made to the list, which would soon be reveled.

The pair decided to move due to how danger zones had been dispersed. While they moved, they hugged the area near the school, while still giving it a safe berth.

Then, suddenly, the came upon another student. In profile, Yoshimi saw the angelically beautiful face of Mitsuko.

"M-M-Mitsuko," she gasped, taking a step back and nearly running into Yoji.
[+] May you find that which shines and learn the power of miracles.

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
Ximena Rodriguez: "Everything is just a matter of time."
International
Soraya Martinez: "Need a translator? I'm pretty good."
Jilly
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Jilly »

"Mmm-?" Yoji Kuramoto (Male Student No. 8) muttered under his breath, stopping in his tracks and getting his head out of his thoughts as Yoshimi flinched and nearly ran into him. His eyes narrowed at the realization that they has just run into, of all people, Souma.

His free hand rose and gently squeezed Yoshimi's hand, still wrapped around his other arm.

Well, she definitely saw them now, so...

"H-hey, Souma," the words barfed out of his mouth.
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Fucking relief. Well, partially. Yoshimi was the only other person whom Mitsuko felt she could actually trust long enough to get to the end. Kuramoto ... well, at least Yoji was honest about not trusting her.

"Yoshimi," Mitsuko said, the relief palpable. "Yoji." She nodded to Yoji. No use giving him an actual reason to not trust her. "How are you, well, not counting the, well ..." she waved her hand around, noting the general idea of where they were.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Yoshimi looked up at Yoji to check on him, to see if he seemed okay from his expression. It looked terse, but not upset.

"Mitsu..." she said quietly and approached. She dropped her bag before she reached the other girl, but kept her hammer in her hand. Yoshimi came up close to the other girl's face, able to study her features. Mitsuko had big, doe eyes that turned up at the corners. Dark lashes framed them. Her skin was pale with a slight youthful blush, the same color as her elegant lips.

Yoshimi put her arms around Mitsuko's neck and hugged her, pulling Mitsuko's body to her own. One of her legs slotted between Mitsuko's and she held her close. The hems of their school skirts touched. She pushed her cheek against Mitsuko's and felt herself blush a little. Mitsuko was her friend, but she didn't always agree with her methods or viewpoints.

"We're okay," she lied in response. The hug was partly one of friendship, partly one of restraint while they figured out what it was Mitsuko was up to. "We've been lucky," she said. Yoshimi dropped her voice and her head just a little. Her lips moved against the fair skin of Mitsuko's neck and her eyelashes fluttered against her pulse.

"And you? What is your plan?"

The only thing I've ever been proud of was describing the setting sun as "daylight's falling star" in a recent Supers post.

Supers
International
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Yoshimi hugged her. That was not unexpected. It was slightly unexpected for how Yoshimi did it. From a certain angle, it almost seemed like Yoshimi was trying to put on a show for Yoji. Almost. And they were "okay." And by "okay," she probably meant not in a blind panic or psychopathic break. Either way, Mitsuko only had to be worried about the hammer. Mitsuko could only return the hug with her free hand.

"I've been ... okay. I talked to Hirono, but nobody else seems to wanna be near me." Mitsuko wisely left out Inada trying to blow her head off. "As for a plan? I've only really figured out two. The four of us could team up to make sure that one of us is the last one left." Mitsuko took a breath. This other plan was a long shot, but if it worked ...

"The other? You, me, and Hirono offer ourselves up to them." She pointed with her gun hand to the school. "They ravish us to their heart's content, but otherwise let us live. Yoji can take our weapons, but the three of us would get to walk."
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

"Oh. Well..." she said in response to the information that only Hirono would talk to Mitsuko. This wasn't in the least surprising. Anyone who was even slightly aware in their class would have run the opposite direction from Mitsuko if they had any brain in their head.

She let her hands drop from around Mitsuko and took a half step back to give some space, but the two were still quite close. Yoshimi eyed the gun in her hand, but nodded along as the other girl spoke.

Plan A, the four of them (this assumed Hirono) would stay together until... well, until. She was surprised that the four-count seemed to include Yoji, given that she was fairly sure Mitsuko and Yoji didn't like each other at all.

Plan B --

"Oh!" she said, nearly dropping the hammer. "Oh... I, um," she said looking towards Yoji. Well, Mitsuko was assuming that someone wouldn't want to... include Yoji and she wasn't terribly sure if that would be the case since well, you know, there's something for everyone and everyone likes something different and there wasn't any specific telling what anyone in the school liked --

But that didn't seem like a plan that was very likely to succeed either. And also, well, how did Yoji feel about that? How did she feel about that?

"I -- Well, I -- " she started, unsure how to continue. "I talked to Sakamochi on the first night and he -- he didn't seem -- I mean, it wasn't very -- I tried to call my friend for help and he intercepted. I found a -- this -- "

Yoshimi opened her bag and pulled out the cellular phone she had found. It wasn't worth much, but before leaving the house she snapped the pieces back together and thought maybe she could trade someone something for it if they didn't know it was useless.

She looked back and Yoji, clearly unsure and distraught.

Supers
International
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

Mitsuko nodded as she took hold of the cell phone, flipping it open. She looked at the screen and shrugged, punching in the ten digits that corresponded to her home number.

One ...

Two ...

Three ...

Boooooop.

Boooooop.

Here goes nothing, breathe in, breathe out.

"Hello, hello. What can I do for you?"

"Hello, Mr. Sakamochi. I know it's you, don't worry. I just want to talk. I'm right outside the school, and I have an offer for you ..."
The Director

Post by The Director »

"Well now," came the cheery voice from the other end. "That's a surprise.

"Well, you know, as your teacher I am supposed to listen to your concerns. Oh, but we shouldn't be too long. You're really not supposed to be on the phone, you know."
[+] Surprise
Thanks to Claire for sig image!
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

In all honestly, Mitsuko was surprised when Yoshimi had revealed that she had a direct line to Sakamochi. Even when it came out of her mouth, this whole idea had been a theory, a "what-if," a "would you rather" sort of deal. Now, she was actually talking to the equally surprised Sakamochi.

"Well, yes, sir. Had no other way to reach you. Anyway, I understand that you have a lot of big, strong men over there, and, well, they have needs." Mitsuko drew out that last word slightly to emphasize what she meant. "Well, Shimizu, Yahagi, and myself are quite experienced in satisfying those 'needs,' and we are ready to help. Our only request is that once the game is over, the three of us go home, too. Alive and in one piece. We'll say whatever you want, and we're willing to wait as long as it takes for it to get cleared. So ... the three of us 'help' you, and we go home. How does that sound?"
The Director

Post by The Director »

"Ms. Souma." Sakamochi's voice was thick with feigned disgust and offense. "I'm a married man. Why, my wife is pregnant with our third right now. Many of the men here are the same.

"Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm sure you're very... talented at your chosen craft. But there are so many other options for those so inclined, options which don't include committing treason.

"And, of course, do remember that I am your teacher. In that light, what you're proposing would be a serious breach of ethics."
[+] Surprise
Thanks to Claire for sig image!
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

And with that, he hung up. On the one hand, it was worth a shot. On the other hand it didn't fucking work.

Mitsuko just handed the phone back to Yoshimi and shook her head.
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

Yoshimi stared at Mitsuko, mouth agape, for much of the interaction.

"Mitsuko!" she said, her voice much higher pitched than before.

"Would you have really done that? W-would you have really offered me as a bargaining chip? I mean, we didn't have time to talk about it."

She chewed on her bottom lip.

"And w- are you planning to do it to survive now? And what about -- "

She looked back at Yoji.

Supers
International
decoy73

Post by decoy73 »

"We didn't." It had been a long shot, and it had failed. Of course, Yoshimi was spending her time trying to regain her dignity. Mitsuko's current thoughts about dignity were, number one, that dignity was for when it could be afforded, and number two, FUCK DIGNITY.

"And yes, I would have. If losing dignity would spare our lives, then I'd say that's a fair trade." Mitsuko looked at Yoshimi. "So now, the three of us find Hirono, and we work together to find some other way out."
Carrion Queen

Post by Carrion Queen »

"Well, but you didn't really ask if that's something -- I don't -- "she stammered. She wasn't sure, but there was something else. No one besides her knew what had happened with Yuka. She could never tell Yoji, she wouldn't tell Mitsuko, though Mitsuko might understand. Yoshimi couldn't risk it coming out what had happened though. Perhaps she balked at Mitsuko's idea to overcorrect. To convince other people that she really was good now -- to convince herself. Yuka... had been an accident. That's what she said to herself. That's what no one needed to know.

"Hey," said Yoji, asserting himself in front of Yoshimi and towards Mitsuko, knife in hand. The knife trembled a bit and a bit of sweat gathered near his temple, but his eyes tried to project confidence.

"You can't make decisions for us like that. I'm her boyfriend. You're just -- " he faltered, " -- just a lowlife."

Supers
International

Return to “In-Between [Forbidden]”