Announcing The New Battle Royale AU!

Important news and notifications concerning the SOTF Mini site as a whole can be found here.
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

Howdy, folks! A few quick notes:

1. I will be sending everyone the list we currently have on file for them in the next couple hours, by site and Discord (if possible). If you don't get one, please let me know ASAP. Ditto if you have changes or the list is wrong.

Once I've checked in with you, please PM me directly for any further changes. Edits to the thread do not flag notifications all the time, and I want to make sure everyone goes into character selections with the list they want.

2. I've mentioned this before, but I strongly suggest everyone exercise the "Anyone" option with the game as big as it is. Right now, we have 34 players, with potentially a handful more trickling in over the last couple days. If you only have four or five kids on your list, and they're semi-popular, there is a real chance you miss them (and I don't want anyone locked out)! If you grab some random character, you can potentially trade for one on your list (and even if you can't find a trade and don't want to play them, you can just give them away).

3. The final call for lists is Sunday at 8:00 Pacific. Rolls will happen a little later. Weapon rolls may happen right after, or maybe the next day or two. Here is a countdown.

I will confirm receipt of any lists sent from here out directly. If you don't hear back from me, poke me to make sure your list went through.

Thanks!
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Twenty hours left for lists! Sign up now if you want to play!

If you have submitted or changed your list in the past 24 hours and have not received a confirmation PM from me, please PM me right away. Thanks!
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Characters are assigned!

If you want to make trades, do so here! Please have all parties PM me to confirm.

Memories are open!
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Forgot to mention, but the Prologue is up!
Prologue Rules wrote:It's been a while since the first BRAU, and things are a little different this time around. As of now, the Prologue is open for interaction. It will remain active as the primary focus until April 17, or thereabouts—this may slide a day or two if RL rears its ugly head.

Every night, the briefing will continue. You're free to RP between updates (or not) as you desire, but please note that each pause accounts for no more than roughly thirty to sixty seconds of time. There is not time to arrange complicated plans.

Additionally, Sakamochi and the soldiers on standby are not interested in engaging students in involved discussions or banter beyond brief quips and clarifications. Notable offenders will (most likely) be given a single warning, with further disruptions punished with violence.

If you wish to have your character suffer violence at the hands of the game-runners (or to engage in other shenanigans), please get in tough with MW or Yugi ASAP. Anything of the sort must take place during the initial phases, before students start being released from the classroom.

There is no post order in this thread. Once the briefing is complete, students will be called in a random order (in the source material it's sequential, but for purposes of practicality this is being abandoned), handed a bag, and sent out into the island. Participating in this step (and the Prologue as a whole!) is optional, but if you intend to, you must do so before your character gets posts outside the school building. The deployment phase will begin on or soon after April 17, and from this point forwards, each character may have only a single post in the thread, in which they should depart it.

Activity enforcement begins at the same time as the deployment phase, and deployment posts do not count for activity purposes.

If you have any questions, please contact MW or Yugi!
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

The island proper is now open!
Special rules for the final Prologue cycle and start of the game wrote:We are now in the final deployment phase of the Prologue! From here out, each student gets only one post in the thread, in which their name is called, they're handed a bag, and they exit the building. Unlike in the actual Battle Royale novel, this is being done in random order in-character, but out-of-character you can post whenever you want to, and your character will have been "randomly" called at that point. We're doing it this way to make sure the thread isn't held up waiting for specific people.

You do not have to participate in this phase—if you don't, we'll just assume your character got called somewhere in there and exited the building. You can start posting in the rest of the game right away, but if you want to do an exit post, you should do that before posting elsewhere, so we have a general idea of the order in which characters leave the building. Even with our best efforts, this may end up a little messy and imperfect, and that's okay. We just want everyone to do their best!

Please remember that there are no private threads in the BRAU2. Also, activity enforcement begins now(ish)—we'll say at the end of the 19th the timer starts ticking. Exit posts from this thread do not count for activity purposes, so please make sure your character is in a thread somewhere else on the island within fourteen days or you'll get a warning!

As always, if you have any questions, just drop a line. Thanks, and have fun!
Please note that it's totally fine to do an exit post even if you haven't posted in the Prologue prior to this point!
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

First rolls are up!

We won't be bumping this thread for future rolls/announcements, so make sure to keep an eye on the important information subforum.

Return to “Announcements”