We All Deserved Better

Private! Day 3

The Compound consists of the upper, above ground levels of the titular structure. The outer walls of The Compound evoke brutalist architecture, being composed primarily of concrete, steel, and glass. The building itself is enormous, and box-like in shape, with two floors above ground and two floors below ground. Despite the road, parking lot, and fence surrounding The Compound all showing signs of age, the structure itself appears to be completely intact. On the roof of the structure are an enormous exhaust pipe and a very large loudspeaker, the latter of which can be heard across nearly the whole arena when it is turned on, and is nearly deafening up close.

Inside, The Compound's floors all consist of the same layout, with hallways running around the perimeter of the building surrounding its central staircase, with rooms branching outwards from these hallways and facing the outer edges of the building. During the day, the interior of The Compound is dimly lit, courtesy of the glass windows common to every outside-facing room. At night it is completely dark inside, requiring the use of a flashlight for the average person to be able to see.

Much of the furnishings of The Compound have been moved around and overturned to create cover within the rooms and hallways, but cursory examination shows the most common furnishings being cabinets, flat metallic tables, and plastic chairs. Discerning the purpose of most of The Compound's above ground rooms is difficult, but flat countertops with fume hoods above them are a frequent sight, and some rooms (primarily on the building's west side) possess beds and were seemingly designed for habitation. Shards of glass from shattered glassware and scattered, broken medical equipment is common in The Compound's rooms, but not the hallways.

THREAD LIMIT: 2

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Yeah. I figured you know if I just fucked off and minded my own business people wouldn't fuck with me. Nah. Everyone thought they would be the one to go home, and they thought they could start with me and my friends to make it easier for them. Dip their toes in the whole killing thing. I'm just... I'm just still here out of spite at this point."

Looks like they both had it wrong. Both Gary and Crispy put their faith and people, and were horribly, horribly let down. Crispin only added to the pause with a quiet "Sonsabitches..."

Then Gary asked for something else.

"...Sure man."
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

Once he had the knowledge that Crispin was willing to listen, Gary started to actually think about what to ask from him.

It took considerate amount, but he somehow managed to get his brain in working condition. Within seconds, he ran through every possible scenario. Plans were made just as fast as they were discarded. Possible answers were formulated but did not leave his lips. The odds of someone else coming along were calculated.

In the end, there was only one viable choice.

"Can you... make me dead, please?"
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"What?"

He looked at Gary. Crispy heard what he said, he knew what he meant. He knew there wasn't going to be another answer. He knew he wouldn't be able to change his mind, he knew he couldn't find someone else.

"Dude, no. What the fuck are you saying man, I could find, like a few people or some shit, we can get this shit off of you, get you outside or-"

But who'd be willing to? Who'd even try to help? Second he left, someone worse would come. Like apparently a fucking werebat or Raymond-
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Hearing Crispin, someone he had never held in high regards, try to talk him out of this was kind of heartwarming for Gary. Who knows, maybe in another timeline they would have found out that they weren't that different?

But not this one. Now was just too late.

"No.

"If I remain under this rubble, either the Danger Zones or the wounds will get me.

"Even if you find someone to remove the rubble, there are still the collars keeping us in this place.

"Even if we manage to remove both the rubble and get the collars off, there would still be the issue of escaping our captors. If they were clever enough to set up this situation, they were probably clever enough to deploy guards around the perimeter, just in case the collars malfunction or someone tries to enter from outside.

"I don't feel my legs anymore, so I am pretty sure they are crushed. You would have to carry me while running away from the guards.

"And even if we are fast enough, odds are I will bleed out on the way back to civilization."

Gary shook his head slightly.

"I apreciate the thought, but I went through all the options. This is the least terrible outcome.

"Just... please try to make it quick."
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispin didn't even mention if someone else came across Gary. Didn't need to add it, Gary's situation was pretty set in stone. Ain't shit he could do about it. Ain't shit Crispin could do about it. Ain't shit anyone could do, but make it worse...

Or make it end.

He felt sick. He'd already gotten two people killed, three. Now he had to kill Gary. He had to kill him deliberately. Even yesterday was an accident but now...

What was he going to do, leave Gary there? "Fuck..."

"Aite."
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

"Thank you."
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Crispin sat there for about two or three minutes, maybe five. He couldn't stop his hands shaking. He had to do this.

He had to do this.

He had to do this.

He had to do this.

He had to do this.

He had to do this.

He didn't want to do this.

He had to do this.

Crispy finally stood up. Tears cleaned a line through bloody dusty bandages as he stepped his way towards Gary. He wanted it quick. Crispy was sure he could just- fucking stomp him or choke him but it was wrong. Disrespectful. It could all go wrong and not end up quick. There was another way. Crispy was sure he was strong enough for it. He hoped he was right.

"Can... Can you sit up? It'll make it easier for us."
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Gary waited impatiently, but afraid that urging Crispin further might change the other boy's opinion.

Finally Crispin seemed ready.

"Don't think it can fully go up, but let me try."

With his remaining right arm, Gary pressed himself away from the ground. It was painful and felt as if some of his insides were torn apart, but he refused to scream.

In the end, he managed to rotate his upper body about 40° upwards.

"It's the best I can do." He spoke under clenched teeth. This was not a position he would be able to hold long.

"Hurry. Please."
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Alright."

He knelt down behind Gary, wrapping one arm around his neck, the other around the top of his head. "At... The count of five, I'm gonna get this done, okay?"

The one good thing about Gary being pinned in place meant he had more leverage.

"Anything you wanna get off your chest before we do this?"
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Gary closed his eyes.

"Good luck out there."

Then he spoke no more.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Alright... Thank you."

One deep breath.

Two.

"One..."

"Two..."

Crispin stood up as fast as he could, using his chest and arms to wrench and twist Gary's neck out of it's socket. Not even a half second later he heard something pop.

The next few seconds were dead quiet as Crispin awaited Gary's last breath.
DerArknight

Post by DerArknight »

Gary felt a jerk.

And then nothing.
S021 Gary Greer-Wheatly - Deceased
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3

INTL

Supers

NBRAU

U
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2
Leonie Fuchs
Leon Fuchs
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"..."

"Five."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

He carefully laid Gary back onto the ground before covering what was visible with some window curtains from a nearby room.

He sat back down against the wall, staring across the hall, unblinking.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"FUUUUUUCK!" Crispin began stomping into the rubble that had Gary trapped. Chunks of concrete broke off with each kick before Crispy could feel his shoe breaking apart. He screamed again, and tried to lift the boulder that laid on his legs. It still didn't budge. There was nothing he could do, there never was. That was just a recurring trend. All this bullshit was just out of his control, he needed to stop-

He needed to stop pretending he had any agency in this shitshow. He just... He had to find Mercy and put this shit to the end, use that anger, then just give up or something. Yeah. Just get this over with. He looked at the covered corpse of Gary. Poor bastard didn't deserve this. Moose didn't either.

He punched a hole in the wall and left.

"MERCY! MERCY YOU FUCKING BITCH! WHERE ARE YOU HIDING! COME OUT AND FINISH THIS! QUIT FUCKING HIDING FROM ME YOU RAT BITCH!"

((Crispin-Kelly Cuyler continued elsewhere.))

Return to “The Compound (Danger Zone)”