heaven and hell shall be all mine

oneshot

The Exterior consists of the decaying parking lot outside and directly west of The Compound. The asphalt of the parking lot is marked by wide, deep cracks, with brush having grown up through these cracks. The parking lot and The Compound itself are surrounded by a chain-link fence with barbed wire on top, though much of this fence has rusted and many sections have fallen apart. A small, abandoned checkpoint consisting of a gate and a guard house exists at the entrance to the parking lot, with the gate having been left wide open.

THREAD LIMIT: 1

Moderator: SOTF Supers Staff

almostinhuman

heaven and hell shall be all mine

Post by almostinhuman »

((Austin Greene continued from What a shame those two are you and me))

As night fell upon the guard house, the body on the floor snapped back to life, staring at the ceiling with a lifeless gaze. It'd been hours since Austin first went to sleep; it had taken that long before he could bring himself to come back here, to his own broken form. He'd drifted from mind to mind, body to body, for hours before he eventually was called back to consciousness. He retained almost nothing from that time, so busy he was with wallowing in grief. He only really remembered his disastrous confrontation with Alan.

Well, that and...

He could still feel it. More than his own body, his own pain. He could never forget how it felt.

Tears long held back finally broke free. His good hand covered his mouth, fruitlessly trying to silence his ached sobbing. He was too overwhelmed to hide it any more, though shame burned in his gut regardless. Noah and Sayuna, they couldn't see him like this. They would see him in this frayed state, and they would know, and they'd try to comfort him, they'd pity him. None of it would help; it'd only magnify what he'd lost. He was desperate to silence this before they came to him.

Only nobody came. The room was silent. He stifled his whimpering, peering into the darkened guardhouse. In the night it was difficult to make much out, but he could see he was alone. And on the floor... were those clothes? He reached for his bag, fishing out its flashlight; one of the few things Crispin had deigned not to steal. He held it in a single shaky hand, struggled to his feet, and turned it on.

The flashlight fell to the floor, its lens cracking audibly and the light shutting off. But Austin didn't care.

He was too busy screaming.

((Austin Greene continued in the hook on which i hang))
[+] TV3
"Finish what you started."
Nadine Flores
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[+] Supers
"You wouldn’t say that if you knew me better."
Austin Greene
A B C D E F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[+] New BRAU
"Just remember me. Okay?"
Kyoichi Motobuchi