The best songs are played on the oldest fiddles

Seychelle and the other losers here

Just north of the village sits an expansive open field - divided north to south by wood and wire farm fencing, the only stretch still standing, and divided east to west by a shallow river leading westward to the ocean from the rainforest. Dotted by occasional log bridges, one can see how far up the banks the water used to reach by following the visible erosion, long since stripped of much of its vegetation. While it’s extremely difficult to remove oneself from the river itself should they fall in due to the steep banks by themselves, if they were to make their way further up or down the river near the entrance to the rainforest, or by a long-abandoned camping ground, they would be able to make things easier.

Moderator: SOTF International Staff

Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Seychelle stared with wide eyes at Rainbow. She looked up and down at the girl as she retreated unto the grass patch near the mud. She was shoeless. Seychelle looked down at her own body, noticing that her shoes and her socks were now drenched in mud.

“‘should ‘ave taken off my socks too,” she inhaled, then she threw her head back sighed.

She crouched, looking down at the water. It looked dirty, but it wasn’t opaque. Probably due to the mud. There were probably other things in it like microbes and bacterias and parasites. It was probably a bad idea to splash it onto an open wound.

“I hate this.” She pulled out a water bottle, spraying her wound with it. It made the stars in the vision flare up, pushing the fragments of the sun into the wound. She flinched, but continued. When did this happen?

She bit her lips. She couldn’t remember anything after that moment in the classroom. Could she have been taken there? She took a swift drink from her bottle. It tasted fine, but it was finite.

Seychelle looked back. The others had water bottles on them. If she got too thirsty then…

She shook her eyes. “Can you help me up, Rainbow?”

She pushed herself off the ground with the butt of her gun. She thought about the islands and revisualized it. It was still there in her mind. She noted to find a pan, or a saucer. Something to purify the water with a fire, really.

“My head hurts.”
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

'Man, these people are as awkward as me, I think,' Philia thought. But, all that for a scab? Damn, awkward and dramatic.

Philia watched Jaxon leave, a little confused but still vaguely neutral to it. She waved anyways, "Uh..bye?" Confusion, it's-it's a deathmatch and he's going out alone? Alrighty then.

"You and me both, I am so far not quite enjoying this. Reminds me of...-where am I going with this?-no it doesn't remind me of anything, it just sucks."

She rested the gun over her shoulder, getting a bit worried about staying in one spot. What if someone came? Fuck- and Jaxon left for a minute so we'll have to wait for the guy for a few minutes.
Man, we suck at this.

"Right, but, after we rest and-and wait for Jaxon, we move again, right?"
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."
Assigned Weapon: L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle
Location: She found her freedom in The Mysterious Circle - Inner Animal. [7/29]
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Gift: The Evil Eye
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

B12: Yutaka Seto - "You never know…"
Assigned Weapon: Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnum Revolver
Location: He lost on the draw in Residential Area (H/I8) - Stood Up.
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Ayy ya dumb cunt! Where ya’ goin?”

Okay maybe bailing out on the girl who freaked out over a cut on her head may have been a decent idea in a vacuum.

Like if it was the two of them, and they didn’t have any weapons, nothing wrong with dropping dead weight, ‘specially if they had no tied loyalty to you, but-

They had guns, and numbers.

And this dof fuck just shrunk the group to fuck off to god knows where.

“Okay. Guess I better go get him, ja?”

Granted he could sit around and see where this got him, but Ajay had his own thing in mind...

((Ajay Bachmeyer continued elsewhere.))
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Rainbow stared at the mud, until Seychelle's shoes intruded upon the scene. She needed some help back up to dry land.

She nodded and extended her hand.

"Grab onto me."

Rainbow pulled herself skyward from the squat she had going on the edge, with the other girl on her arm.

It was then she noticed the two boys were not there.

"W-wait, where'd the other two go?"

In her minor distress, she accidentally laxed the grip on her fingers.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"...where-?"

She felt Rainbow's grip lessen. She tried to grab her but instead, she grabbed the air. The mud slid under her shoes, slipping off as she were stepping on an oil slick.

"Wh-"

The water was lukewarm.
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

Philia really did not know at all what was going on, or what to do. Slight social ineptitude does that to you.

"Ach, okay, let's help her outta there!" Her voices tone raised at the end out of stress, and perhaps self-consciousness.

They tried to get to a good place, a good footing perhaps, to reach for the girl in the water. The mud was quite slippery, and they sink in certain places. A footing surely can be found...but for right now, no footing is made. Philia laments about the time she didn't have to worry about survival on some god-forsaken island, and instead just had to go to school on a god-forsaken island. Her gun also weighed her down.

"Can-uh, Rainbow? Uh, help, please, uhm-" Awkward pleas for help.

Can this day get any worse?!
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

Brackie

Post by Brackie »

So concerned about what was not in front of her, Rainbow forgot what was in front of her, and she felt Seychelle's bones slip through her grip and the wet thud that followed.

Suddenly paralyzed by her own actions, she blinked, before she saw that the other girl had fallen into the water.

Rainbow took a loud inhale, audible to anyone around her, before she felt her legs turn to jelly.

"I-I'm sorry, I was-"

She'd hate her. Seychelle would never forgive her. First she looked like a fool, then she actively hurt her. It was all her fault.

Philia wanted her to help, but Rainbow didn't move, her expression agape and her jaw slack.

"I-I-I-I-I-"
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Her head bobbed.

Once, then twice.

She felt like a fish trying to reach for bait, constantly peaking out of the moving water and into the air. Seychelle's lungs pushed the water out, making her cough, but it wasn't enough. It was slowly pushing in, forcing the kick the moving ground to sling her head above the water. She raised her arm, hitting her gun.

She hit her gun again.

Then again.

The island was in her mind, spinning as the lake - or the swallow river - pushed her away into the ocean. It was lake for her. Too big and too wide. It was a misnomer. She wanted to scream, but the muddy water pushed through her lungs again. She coughed, and coughed, and hacked and heaved, both over and underwater.

For a moment, she saw a log.

And then?

The island changed shapes again.
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

Philia, now completely ignoring Rainbow, continued to try to keep up along the shallows of the river, to find a good point to reach out to Seychelle. God, damn it, the current was strong and Philia couldn't exactly keep her strength to resist some parts.

The gun, surely, wasn't helping either, with its large weight and rather unwieldiness. "Fucking - Seychelle, uh, grab my hand?!" A question, more to herself, on whether she can actually save the girl or whether it was better save her strength, and to save perhaps ruining the gun, to save someone she barely knew. She tried nonetheless, trying to avoid the stronger and deeper areas.

"Rainbow! Try and find the others! Now!" They cry for Rainbow to do something for chrissake.
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Things were being yelled in her direction now. Cries for help, requests for aid, pleads for anything. Rainbow had done a thing, and now Rainbow needed to help fix that thing.

"Needed" was the important word in that sentence, because Rainbow didn't move. She just stood shocked and watched as the current began to drag Seychelle eastward and Philia scrambled to help.

Rainbow was a statue, much like the figures of Rhodes which still stood in her city for some reason. Her mouth was moving, but nothing was coming out.

The feelings eventually returned to her feet, and with that Rainbow stumbled backwards and began running.

"I'M SORRY!"

Her screams echoed around the hills and the valleys.

"I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SO-"

((Rainbow Moseki continued elsewhere))
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Seychelle gasped for air, pushing herself off the mud floor of the river. It stuck to her shoes, to her legs, to her face and to her hair. She felt the water drip inside all of her pores, until her lungs were full. She coughed, expelling a blob of water out of her mouth.

She heard the scream.

She meant to scream back, but the log met her instead.

Darkness, again.

For a moment, she stopped breathing.

And then, darkness again.

((Seychelle continues somewhere else?))
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

Philia, now, is alone. One person flailing, drowning, being swept away by the strong current of the stream. The river didn't seem strong, but...Philia wasn't very good at seeing things - not good at much else, really.

Rainbow runs off to get help, finally, screaming sorry. Philia didn't think she needed to say sorry, but, to each their own I guess. Philia, try as she might, probably is not able to follow the floating girl very far. Plus...all this noise must attract predators - of the human variety.

Why must she leave Seychelle behind? Why must it happen like this? Why? Why? No, Philia had to follow - but was it better to travel in a group?

Philia decides to try to find the others. Hopefully, then, they can find Seychelle.

(Philia goes in the direction Rainbow ran, hopefully in the direction of the others, and goes somewhere else.)
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

Return to “The Shallow River [DANGER ZONE]”