Welcome to the Mortuary

open

The southern edge of the rainforest contains evidence of a long abandoned expedition in the form of several large (but completely empty) degraded canvas tents, alongside tables, chairs, an empty fire pit, and several metal tent frames long since stripped of their coverings. Close to the nearby river as well as high hills blocking easterly winds from the ocean, this camp showed no sign of being anything but perfectly placed for its purpose, which makes it all the more suspicious as to why it no longer contains any useful items or human inhabitants.

Moderator: SOTF International Staff

Tapey
Team Affiliation: Malcolm's Mariners

Post by Tapey »

Jaxon touched the collar on his neck. Oh yea, this thingy. At first, he reckoned that it was something like a dog collar, solely just used for labeling and identification purposes. But now that they mentioned it, it did not seem like a regular collar...

"Most likely for tracking and stuff," Jaxon answered, "Y'know, just in case we try to leave this place."

He noticed that Ajay had revealed his weapon, a long, pole-like thingy with a sharp end. He didn't seem to be able to use it though, not too much of a threat for now.

"So...What do we do now?" Jaxon asked, hoping to get some ideas. "Any ideas on how to get outta here? Besides, y'know, the whole 'murder everyone else' shit?"
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

The island inside of Seychelle's mind was forming. It was spinning. She was seeing it, in all of its glory, in all of its dimension. She pinpointed where she was, and she thought. Where else could she could? The island had became her home, and probably, her final resting place.

She didn't know how she would go through this island again. She pictured in her mind and thought.

"That guy." She paused. "Jack. That's the name, right? The guy on the video."

She jacked up her brain around. Thinking. Thinking more.

"He said if nobody died for a day, then we'd all blow up... do you think he's bluffing? I'm sure he's not lying about the collars being explosive but... he might be lying about that." She nodded at her own statement. "That would be... boring, wouldn't it? Everyone just dying like that. But I don't think that's he's bluffing about the collars, it would be too... simple."

She hugged her gun like a pillow. She closed her eyes, scanning the island in her mind.

"There's a fishing village. I- I think I want to go there. There could be a boat? Or-or stuff leftover from people." Having the map memorized was her third action after waking up. It had been a blessing. "Anybody wanna' go there with me?"
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

Philia continued to half pay attention as she began to form half a plan in her mind, on what the FUCK was going on and what the FUCK she was going to do. 'Very vulgar' she thought. 'I never thought I'd say this many curse words internally when I'm under a lot of stress. Hm, strange.'

"Well, I'm not about to start killing but...I dunno if I'm about to start giving people the gun they'll use to kill me. I think I might stay here, you all seem to have heads on your shoulders. Maybe we'll figure something out. Hm."

She fiddled with the guns strap, keeping the rifle hung over her shoulder. What did the scratching on the side say? Something about 'Rhodesia?' Who knows.

"Fishing village? Uh..maybe tomorrow? Dunno. We'll see what happens. Anyways, may as well know my 'opponents' a bit better."

She'd sit by the tent that was offered to her. "Philia-er, I already introduced myself. From Cyprus, a little island just south of Turkey. I speak Greek as well as English, as you can tell. What about you all?"
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."
Assigned Weapon: L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle
Location: She found her freedom in The Mysterious Circle - Inner Animal. [7/29]
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Gift: The Evil Eye
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

B12: Yutaka Seto - "You never know…"
Assigned Weapon: Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnum Revolver
Location: He lost on the draw in Residential Area (H/I8) - Stood Up.
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Nobody else seemed to think the same way she did about this, which was a mixed blessing. On one hand, feeling dismissed and ignored wasn't much different from how she felt at home at times. On the other, Rainbow was thankful people were thinking different than her meant they were all actively thinking about this situation they'd all found themselves in, and when you have five people with their own minds working at once, something was going to come of it.

So she nodded as everyone put forward their theories, eyed the large pointy stick that seemed to be Ajay's weapon, and suddenly two camps were forming inside this singular one.

On one side, there was Seychelle, who wanted to head to the village. At the mention of a village, Rainbow's eyes widened, and she unzipped her bag and pulled out a large piece of paper, caught behind the fishbowl of grass. She oriented herself, and found the campsite she was standing on, and the fishing village seemed to be just down the path leading south.

On the other side, there was Philia who wanted to stay and chat. Rainbow was initially going to hear both of them out, except Philia's stance seemed to be based on the fact that she could do it "maybe tomorrow".

That wasn't something Rainbow could agree with - for starters, she couldn't see the sun from behind the heavy clouds in the sky, but it had to have still been early in the day. Another thing was that the island couldn't have been that big, since she could explicitly see the body of water in the rainforest she'd woken up next to on the map, and it had barely taken any amount of time to walk through the rainforest itself, ignoring all paths, to get to where she was now. If this map worked like maps were supposed to, that meant they could almost literally skip to the village on the map and still have daylight as kindling. The last thing was...they were all in a dangerous situtation. In the worst case scenario, where there were people out there ready to kill and they were on the firing line, there wouldn't be a tomorrow.

The unfortunate thing, though, was that Rainbow didn't want to say any of this, because that would involve rocking the boat. The best case scenario was that they all got to the same page and headed to the village together. Five people working together was formidable, even if they were just school children. But Rainbow couldn't force it - if this group was destined to drift apart, then maybe they would see each other again soon.

Her eyes shot up to Ajay, her next-door neighbour, to see what he was going to do.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Well. Doing something's better than doing nothing. No point in dossing around, no time for that anymore." He looked back at Rainbow, then Seychelle.

"Figure hittin' the fishing village is a bit better in that regard. No offence but the last thing I wanna be doin is sitting around with a bunch of other okes until we all get shot dead or blown the fuck up. Least if the fishing village don't work out we can say we did something."

He knelt down and picked up this long ass spear. How the hell was he supposed to carry this through the woods? "Plus if we're moving, it'd make us a harder target for some doos who wanted to fuck around. Seychelle's got that gun, an I got...This fuckin thing.

Shouldn't be too hard to moer someone if they try something."

"Anyone else wanna come?"
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

"Ehh, I'm okay with following." Jaxon followed up, looking across the group "We're definitely larger in numbers if we stick, plus some of us got some really good weapons in case a fight did happen..."

He remembered the bag of poison ivy which was now kept in his bag. Having possibly the weakest weapon in the group surely did not help him much. However, if anything, he would rather stick with a bunch of friendly strangers with firearms than walking alone with a bag of plants in his pocket.

He looked across the group again. Everyone in the group seemed to be getting along well after the whole discussion about child trafficking and whatnot. If nothing went horribly wrong, this could be the beginning of a powerful alliance.

Everything seemed to be set. For him at least.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Seychelle didn’t smile as she silently left the group. Her feet tapped on the mud and the worms beneath her, still thinking about this island that was slowly becoming more and more an obsession.

She turned around, her gun still in her hands. Another physical proof that this was real?

“You guys ready?”

((Seychelle continued in the next thread, still moving through the island. Constantly.))
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

Philia got up, and brushed herself off. "Guess so. I'll follow her then, you all coming?"

Philia really hesitated following this strange person, but what other choice did they have? Welp, only one way forward. Philia moves her gun around by the strap, following Seychelle.*

"Alrighty then..."

((Philia continued to the next thread, following Seychelle.))
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."
Assigned Weapon: L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle
Location: She found her freedom in The Mysterious Circle - Inner Animal. [7/29]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Gift: The Evil Eye
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

B12: Yutaka Seto - "You never know…"
Assigned Weapon: Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnum Revolver
Location: He lost on the draw in Residential Area (H/I8) - Stood Up.
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

There was a priority list forming silently in Rainbow's mind, looking at everyone speaking what she wanted to say to power. It wasn't numbered, but it was definitely tiered. Ajay and Seychelle were in one group. Philia and Jaxon were in the other.

She felt a shiver on the back of her head as the doubt formed. She swallowed.

As feet around her began shuffling southwards, Rainbow unzipped her bag and double checked that nothing had fallen out. She paused, looking at the nothing after nothing falling out of her bag.

She zipped it up, and followed the march.

((Rainbow Moseki continued elsewhere))
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Ready as we’ll ever be. We go on our way, and we’ll make it there just now.” Ajay wondered what type of buildings they’d find in the fishing village. Hopefully there’d be some useful way of getting off this rock, but he had to wonder about the collars. If they left, would they actually explode?

He paused. Didn’t give it much thought.

“Fok it. Let’s get going then.”

Wasn’t gonna be him to test this theory anyways.

((Ajay Bachmeyer continued elsewhere.))
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

"Aight, let's go!" Jaxon grabbed his bag without more hesitation, following behind the squad.

He glared at the group in front of him as he moved on. One, two, three, four. That's four allies that will protect him throughout the journey to the fishing village.

Four more contenders to beat for a chance of survival.

He continued to tail them. He needed to get out of here, one way or another.

((Jaxon Chen continued elsewhere...))

Return to “The Abandoned Camp [DANGER ZONE]”