Daddy's Little Girl Ain't a Girl No More

F19: Commence

A two story building, the admin block is made up primarily of offices, all of the computers formerly occupying it having been disposed of, and all the paperwork removed. Now, it seems very bare indeed, filled with empty desks and cleared shelves.

Moderator: Sh4dE

Cake

Post by Cake »

(OOC - Stark asked us to skip him, to keep flow going smoothly. So looks like it's my turn. Any quotes or actions of character Karl Chalmers was co-planned with his handler Killervole)

The boys followed the two girls out of the room. It was really the first time Luke was actually on the move, even if it was just a few steps. Outside of this little safe zone of theirs in this Administration building was a compound filled of mystery and unknown dangers. Luke felt a shiver run up his spine, but kept moving following the girls through the hallways of the Administration area. Best for him not to think about it. Stringing his duffel bag along over his shoulder's and nibbling on a saltine, Luke brought up the rear of the line, Karl Chalmers right in front of him. When they got to another room, Juliet forced Karl to wait in the hallway. Logan gave him a look, meaning "You too Luke." That's how they were communicating for now with these two around. Logan gave him a look earlier. She was gonna tell the girl with the gun, Juliet, as he knew now, the "plan" a whole different "plan" as part of the much bigger "plan" they had originally. A little extra motivation.

Karl looked none to pleased alone with him and Luke knew it. But Luke didn't care, in fact it pleased him to see Karl in a subordinate position like this. Being pulled along the neck with a leash, by a Japanese chick with a gun. Like a pet dog. Or one of those little kids that have one of those rope things tied to them and connected to their parent so they wouldn't run off somewhere. That was Karl Chalmers. Hil-arious.

It was weird, Karl hadn't even tried to escape from his captor. Well yeah, Luke knew he would stop him if he tried, but Chalmers didn't even make an attempt. Karl, must have had the same feeling in mind as Luke had. He didn't know who was out there and what sort of mysteries or dangers await them on the outside. In fact Karl Chalmers probably felt much safer with Juliet and her gun, rather than trying to go out there. Alone. Better the evils you know then the evils, you don't know. It made sense, despite Karl Chalmers being a friggin' prick, Luke knew that Karl was a smart kid and knew better than that. Now here they were. Alone, together. Man, this game sure puts people in some unlikely situations that would never happen in the real world. It was quiet and the girls were going to take a while with their chat, Luke had that vibe. Otherwise why were they gonna wait outside for? Probably to keep a watch while the two talked for a bit.

Luke thought about his situation. His revolver. It only had one bullet. How on earth was he going to protect them from an intruder, with only one bullet, which was not even in the correct slot? He couldn't reload it now, as Karl was there watching his every move. He didn't want Chalmers to know he had a gun, otherwise he'd do what he'd always do and blab on about it to his keeper, Juliet. Juliet, didn't need to know her new acquaintances also had a gun in their midst. They needed her to feel, she had the power. Maybe he'll have to pistol whip somebody?

An image flashed in Luke's mind, showing Karl Chalmers getting pistol whipped with the same cartoon like expression from his other daydream. Again: In slow motion. Nice.

Getting his mind back into reality, Luke looked up at the sign on the door right across the room the two girls went in. Women's. A bathroom! Good, he did need to go anyway after drinking that water. Not like anyone cares if he used a ladies bathroom. It was probably cleaner anyway.

"I've gotta go use the restroom. You have - what do you have anyway? Ah whatever. Whatever it is, I'm sure you'll be fine. Try not get yourself killed." He said in a casual, semi-serious tone.

Facing away from Karl, He pushed the door open with a tiny smirk on his face. With that Luke made his way into a stall, bringing his bag along with him. He started to let loose. Yeah it was a nice relief. He zipped up and pawed through his bag, taking some bullets and filling the chamber of his gun. Great all filled, now he had to learn how to use it. He pulled out the manual.

A few seconds later he heard the door open. Heh. Chicken.

"What's the matter Chalmers? You need to go too?"

The boy was standing right outside Luke's stall. "There are other stalls you know. Don't have to wait for this one, cause I think it might take a while." Luke feigned Number 2-ing as he sat down on the cold porcelain seat. Whoa, fancy ass toilets. Those lucky girls, they have all the good stuff.

"Just making sure the room's clear. After all, you never know what sort of people might be waiting to ambush you somewhere unlikely."

Chalmers was right. Always check the area first, make sure it's safe. Don't want to let your guard down, always have someone watch out for you. You wouldn't want to get gunned down while taking a dump. Being killed was enough, being killed while on the toilet was just down right embarrassing. Karl Chalmers was right, but Luke wouldn't let him know that.

"Keeping an eye out for me? Gee.. thanks buddy! Didn't know you cared. How sweet." He said in a (mock) loving tone.

Actually, Luke really was thankful for that. Karl's cautious attitude made him aware of his situation. In case something happened in the future, Luke would know what to do first. At least there were no cameras in the stalls. He didn't want the world to see him, doing his business or see his junk.

Looking through the manual the gun seemed simple enough. How to flick safety on and off and reloading and shooting by pulling the trigger. Okay, he'll figure it out later when he had time. All he needed now was aim. He put everything back and hid his revolver in his black sweater jacket, zipping up his pants.

"I thought I needed to go, but I guess my stomach is too empty for that. I managed to empty the bladder though."

Karl was standing there watching the door nervously as Luke casually washed his hands.

Definitely odd circumstances. He would never talk to Karl normally, but here he was. Pretty much harmless, not like at school. And Luke needed somebody to talk to otherwise he'd lose his mind. He felt like ranting now.

"This whole thing. It sucks. I hate it. Plus to see someone like.. like that guy, running this whole thing? An army official? Doesn't even look like it, how the hell are you supposed to respect someone like that, who can't even speak proper sentences? I don't even go to class that much and I think I talk better than that guy. Heck I bet even the foreign girls like Marilyn talk better English than him."

"Yeah, he seemed... rather unprofessional. I have to wonder whether, perhaps, there's something else going on. Some reason behind getting someone like that to conduct affairs. And, unfortunately, native birth does nothing to ensure intelligence or respect.

"...and yeah, it does suck."

Well that was something, they agreed on.

Karl pushed the door open for the both of them. Going back into the hallway, Luke dug deeper into his bag. Pulling out some bread, some plain white bread. He just stared at it. Doesn't look that appetizing.

"Wouldn't it be sweet to get your hands on him? You know. I hold him and you punch? Haha yeah right, Chalmers punching an Army Captain, that will be the day." Luke knew that Chalmers had way too much admiration for the government, the army, and any official more than a normal person should. That guy, David Adams, was all of that in one. Karl Chalmers would cream his pants over someone like that.

"Bread, darn, I wish I could have something to put on it. I can't eat plain bread, but I guess I gotta deal. Want some, nah, you got your own." Luke took a bite of the flat white bread. Nothing, no flavor what so ever.

"Needs some, cheese, lettuce, tomato, maybe some turkey, mayo and ketchup. My mother's an executive of the Heinz Ketchup Corporation you know. She brings ketchup home all the time, and I'm kind of sick of it, but at least it reminds me of home..."

He almost teared up a little. It was only a few hours since he left, but he missed home, his mom and his friends. Luke took a look at Karl, he felt like he was rambling on too much to him.

"There should be some ketchup around somewhere. There was a Mess Hall on the map. (Hey Mess Hall.) Maybe if you get there you can bring me back some eh?" It was a joke, a lame one, but Luke wasn't really in the mood, talking ketchup, out of all things made him miss home. He wanted to get out of here.

"It does seem like they could at least spruce up the rations a bit. After all, they've got a lot of funding. Might just be more motivation, though, you know? If you want to eat anything really good again, you have to make it out alive. And... If I see any ketchup, I'll be sure to let you know."

Maybe that was the point of the bare minimum they had to last them within their time in the compound. If they run out of food, they begin starving, then they'll get so hungry they'll want out of there, maybe killing in the process to make it out as soon as possible to get some good food in their bellies. Scary thoughts, but it was a logical answer. Luke also chuckled a little at the last part of the sentence, he wasn't sure if Chalmers was serious or not.

"That makes sense, must be the reason we got what we got. Uh whatever. Juliet, said she needs a restroom to wash that blood off her hands, maybe you should tell her about the one right here."

Karl walked toward the entrance of the room holding the two girls.

"Are the girls done yet?"

Smash!

The sound of Logan's hatchet going into a wall answered the question for him. "I guess it's a yes?"

"Sounds like it."
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

The girls went off to have their little chat. For a second, Karl considered making a break for it. Surely he could outrun Mendoza. Upon further consideration, however, he found the idea less attractive. Nothing good would come of running off on his own. Thus far, everyone he had met had reacted to him with hostility. Juliet was, strangely enough, the reason he hadn't been robbed. Likely the reason he hadn't been attacked by Mendoza and Logan, too. So, he decided to stick around. At least help Juliet find Marilyn. At that point, if things became unsafe, maybe he'd have engendered enough goodwill to be allowed to leave. Maybe she'd just let him walk off, and they could call it a ceasefire until such time as that became untenable.

Of course, at that point she'd kill him. Karl wasn't a fighter. He held no illusions in regards to his chances of prevailing. Even had he pulled Gourlay's absurd hand cannon, he'd have had troubles, and that was from a purely physical level. On the emotional front, the thought of murdering someone... well, Karl had always known he'd have to do his ten years at some point, but he'd hoped to make it into an officers' program, lead from the rear and all that. With any luck, never actually have to participate directly in any violence.

Mendoza wanted to stop in the restroom. Said he needed to go. Well, there would certainly be less opportune times as their stay wore on. Karl couldn't blame him for exercising a little foresight. He didn't bother replying, though. Talking about bodily functions was about as crass and vulgar as you could get.

It took him a few seconds to realize that Mendoza could be up to something very unpleasant. Who knew what his weapon was? For all Karl knew, he had some C4 or a satchel of grenades and was getting ready to take out the whole floor. It seemed incredibly unwise to leave him alone for any length of time. Karl didn't know the details of Logan and Medoza's relationship, but if it was anything short of true friendship, there was a chance the boy would not be able to resist a three-for-one kill.

So Karl entered the restroom, just to be sure. Just to be safe. It sounded, however, like Mendoza had been on the level. Karl was torn between relief and disgust, as the other boy questioned his presence. It was a very good thing that Karl had his excuses lined up in advance. A good thing that lying, while not his modus operandi, came fairly easily to him.

"Just making sure the room's clear," Karl said, "After all, you never know what sort of people might be waiting to ambush you somewhere unlikely."

The general gist was true. In fact, the statement might even be literally true. Karl was making sure the room's occupant posed no threat.

Mendoza responded sarcastically. Clearly, he wasn't dumb enough to trust Karl wholeheartedly. Just as clearly, he wasn't interested in stirring anything right now. Good. Karl could live with barely-concealed hostility. As long as people weren't shooting at him or stabbing him, he'd gladly bear any insults. Besides, Mendoza was clearly not too bent out of shape.

Mendoza wrapped up his business, sharing altogether too much information, and then washed his hands, winning him a few grudging points from Karl. And then, the boy started ranting. It wasn't the sort of rant Karl had expected. Not full of bitterness and hatred. Just fear, fear and regret and a bit of a wounded ego, that he hadn't even scored a decent human being as his executioner. That... that was something Karl could identify with. And so, oddly enough, he found himself uttering words that were almost designed to be comforting.

"Yeah, he seemed... rather unprofessional. I have to wonder whether, perhaps, there's something else going on. Some reason behind getting someone like that to conduct affairs. And, unfortunately, native birth does nothing to ensure intelligence or respect."

It was an agreement, but also a hint of hope. A hint that maybe, just maybe, there really was some way this all made sense. It might not comfort Mendoza, but then again, maybe it would. And then, Karl surprised himself.

"...and yeah, it does suck."

It was more candid than he had intended to be. More personal, too personal,perhaps, in the face of someone who could well be his enemy. Luckily, Luke let the moment pass, choosing to joke about beating the guy in charge. He took a couple digs at Karl, but it wasn't a big deal. They were stressed. They were scared. No one could be expected to be totally polite in this situation. And Luke even took extra steps to diffuse the tension, joking about the disgusting food, and pining for, of all things, ketchup.

Come to think of it, some ketchup would be awesome just about now.

"It does seem like they could at least spruce up the rations a bit," Karl said. "After all, they've got a lot of funding. Might just be more motivation, though, you know? If you want to eat anything really good again, you have to make it out alive. And... If I see any ketchup, I'll be sure to let you know."

Funny, how easy it was to slip into banter.

Feeling slightly awkward, Karl decided to go check on the girls. They'd have to be done soon. Karl had caught the first part of their plan, their idea to rebel. Now, hearing the noise, Luke noted that the girls were nearly done.

"Sounds like it," Karl replied, peeking in again just in time to get insulted once more. Whatever. Insults were becoming status quo.

Logan and Juliet had a disconcerting little moment involving ends justifying means. It gave Karl pause. Made him wonder just what they were getting into with this association. They were going now, though, so there was no need to worry. They might never even see each other again.

As he and Juliet left the building, he glanced around and shot Logan and Luke a quick nod. Whether or not they met again, he hoped nothing too horrible happened to them. After all, they'd been...

Well, they hadn't been too awful.

((Karl Chalmers continued in Strange Fruit))
Stark*

Post by Stark* »

"So," Juliet inquired, "What's this plan of yours?"

Sorenson looked to Luke, and, with a grin, back to Juliet. That's it, kiddo. Right outta my hand. "Oh, it's simple, really. We're going to show these fuckers why it's a bad idea to give their captives weapons." She already knew exactly what she planned on saying, and exactly what Juliet would say in response. If this girl had one glaring flaw, it was that she was entirely too predictable. That was the problem with wearing your heart on your sleeve, after all, wasn't it?

"How so?"

Aye, there's the rub. Logan's response to that was going to rely on more than just words, of course. She had to appear sufficiently suspicious of the surveillance. The plan Juliet would hear was one the guards outside would find most objectionable indeed, and if Logan stated such a plan in plain sight of the cameras and nothing was done to stop it, she might become suspicious. She glanced around, sizing up each of Big Brother's watchful eyes. When she was certain neither Juliet nor Karl could see her face at this angle, she shot one of the cameras a wink and a smile, before turning back to the duo with a paranoid gleam in her eyes. "I'll fill you in on the details somewhere else. I'll find a blind spot, and we'll discuss things there."

She led Juliet into the women's restroom, towards an alcove that looked like it might be a blind spot if you wanted someone to believe it was. She doubted a single one existed in the entire facility, but Juliet needn't know that. "Right now," she told her as they got as comfortable as they could in that cramped corner, "the best option is to split up and look for your friends. If you can find anyone you think can trust to help us out, bring them in on it. We're gonna need all the help we can get if this is gonna work." Anyone who'd so much as heard of Juliet Watanabe knew she couldn't turn that part down. "Right. Will do. What more is there to this plan?"

Naturally, Sorenson was still ironing out the precise details. It was only reasonable; she needed to know what materials she had to work with before building around them. Fortunately, she already knew exactly what Juliet Watanabe needed to hear. She leaned in close, so close that she could lick Juliet's ear to the point of inducing an orgasm without even moving her head (she'd had practice), and though she couldn't see the sinister grin on Sorenson's face, the cameras certainly could. "Do you want to know what happened to your brother?" she whispered ominously. "Your parents?"

"Yes!"

...Slightly more enthusiastic than anticipated, Logan thought, her ear suddenly ringing. Still, shake it off, continue, don't skip a beat. Be cold, be clinical, be impersonal. Get her nice and mad. "Your brother... he'd be expendable. If they ever found him, it's a bullet between the eyes. Maybe he made it to Canada, but who knows how long he'd last in the wild?"

She enjoyed what she was doing entirely too much.

"Your parents, though... well."

From her perspective, however, she enjoyed it just enough. She leaned back against the wall, a cold, emotionless glare fixed to her face. "I've never actually seen what they do to traitors. Only the tools they use to do it." They may or may not have been traitors, true, but then, that was just the nomenclature.

Juliet was simply dumbstruck. "What--what do--what are they?" It was all Sorenson could do to hold back a smile, but she kept that stern look, knowing full well that this right here was the big selling point.

"If you didn't know better, you'd think it was dental equipment. Drills, clamps, things I don't even know the names of." Juliet squirmed absolutely perfectly. Logan was almost wet over her suffering. "And it wouldn't be quick. Your brother, he'd be lucky by comparison. They would have to keep them alive. Corpses don't provide information. At least, that's what the pretense they like to use. Any good interrogator knows that if they don't give them anything in the first five minutes, they never will. A good interrogator, however, is always willing to hone his craft."

"What? Why?"

Logan let out a wry chuckle. "Why?" Why indeed, kiddo? Of course, at the center of every good lie was a kernel of truth. "Because, Juliet, I've seen this system from the inside, and what I've seen is nothing but filth." It was. "This nation is a mockery of what it once was." It was. "Entire generations are growing up knowing nothing of freedom, of democracy, of equality, of the values America was founded on in the first place." They were. It wasn't necessarily that she cared, but she knew full well all that was true. "Now, me? I'm a patriot. I want to see this country set right. I want to fix this broken system. I want the general's head on a goddamn platter, but to do that, I. Need. Your. Help."

She glanced around the room. Gave the cameras one more look. "That said, no security system is without its holes," she lied, "so can I please ask you to trust me until I find that blind spot?" She knew before she even finished her question what the next word out of Juliet's mouth would be.

"Yes."

Exactly as planned. "Good. Keep an eye on the courtyard for my signal. You'll know when you see it."

Juliet nodded in reply, before stammering a vaguely sentence-like collection of words. "O--okay. And if you see Claire, or Marilyn or Duncan, can you--can you bring them to me? I don't--if we can escape--I want to--but I want to be able to say goodbye. And make sure they're safe."

Oh, you'll get to say goodbye, alright.

Now, of course, was where Logan needed to strike a delicate balance. She had to make Juliet mad, yes, but at the same time, she had to know Logan was there for her. She smiled reassuringly, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. "Don't worry. That's part of the plan." A sigh of relief. Perfect. "It's alright. I'd do the same for anyone," she responded, before directing her index finger toward the doorway, where Karl stood. "Except you." Whether he believed it or not, she didn't hold any more contempt for Karl than she did anyone else. She enjoyed his presence, in fact, in much the way the Joker was fond of Batman; he was just terribly fun to fuck with. However, to ensure the trust of the people she needed to work with, a certain degree of contempt toward him needed to be shown.

As she headed out, Logan called out to her one last time. "One more thing. Anyone gets in your way?" she said, before cleaving a great hole in the drywall. "Don't hesitate."

With that, Juliet and Karl were off to see the wizard, leaving her alone with Luke again. She approached him, letting out a noticeable chuckle once her newest pawns were out of earshot. It was entirely too easy. God, she was so happy, she could just...

Actually, why not?

Sauntering up to Luke, a soft smile on her face - it was his sake she was doing this for, after all - she reached out and placed her hands on his waist, pulling herself close to him. "Y'know something, Luke? You are so awesome, I could kiss you." She leaned in gently, her forehead against his, and closed her eyes. "In fact, I think I will."

And with that, she pressed her lips against his.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Stark. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cake

Post by Cake »

Everything was going according to plan. Logan gave "the plan" to Juliet, and Karl would be forced to follow and now they were leaving, off to go somewhere and fulfill "their part" of said "plan."

Then something made Luke feel kind of bad. Chalmers, pulled something out of character, something Luke would never have expected him to do. As they were going down the stairs and leaving the building, Karl Chalmers turned to glance at them, both he and Sor. And... And then Karl Chalmers, thee weasel scum, stool pigeon, rat Karl Chalmers, who hated trouble makers like them, had nodded at them, a very sincere nod. In Approval.

What the heck?

Thinking about it for a bit, Luke didn't like Karl Chalmers at all, so why was he feeling so bad about sending him out to his certain doom? Karl made it clear he didn't like him at all in school and Luke did the same back. Chalmers was the number one foil to any of his plans. It's like aside, from the very clear minorities, Karl Chalmers had a very watchful eye specifically on him. The two were basically polar opposites of one another. It's no wonder they'd hate each other, based purely on each others reputations and lifestyles. It even annoyed Luke to see that scar on Chalmers face mirroring his. They really hadn't even known each other personally or personality wise.

Then it hit Luke. He expected, during their brief time alone, for the worse of what he'd thought of Chalmers. He expected Chalmers to be very arrogant, rude, looking down on him, being uppity about how he was and comparing himself to how Luke was in keeping with their lives. It was really preconceived notions on what he had thought about Chalmers, especially after all those times Chalmers turned him in to the VP. But without anyone like that to keep Luke on his toes, he really didn't have a reason to be wary of Karl Chalmers too much. In fact it was weird. Instead of Karl being an asshole showing contempt for Luke and what Luke had to say during their chat earlier, Chalmers actually listened. Chalmers listened to what he had to say, even agreeing with him at some parts. There was obvious dislike between them both, but even if Luke HATED to admit it, Karl Chalmers really wasn't such a bad guy.

Wait what? Did you really just think that to yourself? Karl Chalmers not such a bad guy after all? Snap out of it!

To quickly remedy the situation, his imagination once again went on. This time Karl was having his head dunked into the toilet of the bathroom they've just been in. Karl's head being pulled out smiling and asking "thank you sir may I have another?" and then being dunked back in. - It was just too funny.

Then Luke's mind snapped back into reality. Wait those two were - leaving - now. Something both Luke and Logan should also being doing. Not a good idea at all to get stuck in one place for too long. They were just really lucky that Juliet was somewhat friendly toward them. It wouldn't be long until someone truly dangerous, came barging in there, or a group that would outnumber them both and out power them, even with the gun. They could have guns themselves! It was also within Luke's general personality. He didn't like staying in one place too long, he'd just get really antsy. The situation of the program may even amplify that feeling.

Still looking at the two leaving through a side door of the Administration Building, Luke spoke. "Hey Sor... I think we also might need to get a move on outta here." Luke put the thumb, index, and middle fingers of both hands together and made a motion pointing down toward the exits.

"So where should we - " Luke stopped talking as he felt the touch of Sor's hands on his hips. He didn't know whether he was the one who turned to face her or if she was the one who twisted him by the hips to face her.

Huh?

She had a soft and very sincere smile, with eyes staring brightly at him. Luke just stood there, speechless in some sort of shock. It was Luke's weakness, he really had no idea how to deal with it, when a girl was like this with him. In fact, Luke felt his knees buckle out of nervousness. He could feel himself getting a bit flustered. He wanted to say something, but couldn't. It felt like his tongue was tied in an intricate knot and couldn't get free. He could even feel those imaginary butterflies in his stomach.

Sor moved her hands to his face and pulled off Luke's favorite shades, stuffing it into his pocket. Great, Luke didn't even have those shades to hide behind anymore. He didn't even have the strength to free himself or even to reach in his pocket and put the shades back on. Sor's pretty green eyes stared right into his as Luke's surprising blue eyes, which was rarely ever seen, stared back at hers.

With a smile, Sor, with her hands gripped around Luke's waist, pushed Luke up against a wall. Pulling her own body close to his in the process. Luke could feel the warmth emitting from her body to his.

"Y'know something, Luke?"

A replay of that day a couple years ago popped into his mind. The day he had said almost the same exact thing to her. Before he...

His own voice, from that day in both of their pasts, seemed to echo in unison as Logan Sorenson said the same words.

"You are so awesome, I could kiss you."

Was this it? Was she simply getting back at him, for that prank he pulled on her two years ago around the first months they met? In front of his friends and others around that basketball court? Another Logan prank, but in a bigger scale, in front of all the Americas?

Sor closed her eyes and Luke closed his as well. Was it really just another Sorenson joke, or was she really serious about this? It was hard to tell. Logan Sorenson was just so unpredictable. There was one thing he could predict however. He knew what was coming next.

"In fact, I think I will."

With that, Luke felt the girl lean in to him, her forehead almost to his, her lips moving to his own.

It was actually surreal. Luke kept up this cool persona in front of his peers, but truly, he really didn't have an idea how any kind of 'romance' worked. In fact, this might have been his first "official" kiss. One that actually counted.

Sor's lips were soft against his. The brief moment felt like a peaceful eternity. Hers moved a little with his and Luke, despite being frozen in place, found his moving along with hers as well. It was as if it was instinct built into his blood. Whoever his dad is, was probably an ace at this kind of thing, for even managing to get with someone like his mother. Dozens of thoughts raced through Luke Mendoza's mind. Am I doing it right? Is this real? Is.. is my breath okay?

For a second Luke was pleased with himself for keeping himself so well maintained, teeth and breath included in his morning routine. Brushing his teeth and rinsing with anti-septic mouthwash thoroughly everyday. He was also extremely grateful now, that he didn't have anything to put on that white bread he had eaten earlier, or surly he would have had some kind of after lunch smell emitting from his mouth. Thankfully he felt minty fresh.

The moment was nothing like what he felt before. It was kind of like, like with the hards (liquor) he was introduced to last year, a new feeling that he actually liked. By god, was he getting drunk off a kiss? Was that even possible?

Slowly but surly, Luke noticed the release of that intimate lock. He felt her let go and back away a little. Opening his eyes slowly, Luke, looked at the girl in front of him. She seemed to be examining him. Finally Luke could muster up something to say. A tiny little whisper while taking a big breath of air.

"Whoa."
Stark*

Post by Stark* »

There had been others.

In the years they'd known each other, there had been other guys in Logan's, and Luke likely knew it as well as anyone. They never meant anything to her. Not from an emotional standpoint, at least. Like anyone else, they were tools; a means to an end. Practice, so that she'd be ready for this precise moment. Well, perhaps the circumstances would, ideally, be different, but in the end, she could go out with no regrets, one way or another. She drew her tongue back into her mouth, and slowly, they allowed their lips to separate. She looked him in the eyes, a wistful smile on her face.

"Whoa."

She had to chuckle a bit at that. She didn't expect him to have much to say, after all. "Was that good for you, too?" she asked, in all sincerity. She was so rarely sincere in anything, that when she really, truly was, it became quite painfully obvious. "I've been waiting since freshman year to get this just right. Since long before you kissed me that day. I guess that's why I slapped you when you actually did it. I wanted it to mean something to both of us, y'know?" As her cheeks grew pinker, she steadily maintained eye contact. "I know it probably seems like a bad time, but, well... I had to let you know while I still had a chance. Three years of hinting at it obviously wasn't working, and for all we know, we won't be seeing much more of each other."

She took his hand in hers, intertwining her fingers with his. It felt... surprisingly soft, in contrast to her own cracked, calloused palms. "That said, I know I already asked you this, but knowing what I've just told you... can you promise to stick by me to the end?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Stark. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cake

Post by Cake »

(OOC - Sorry for making you wait Stark, I've gotten busy for a few days.)

A smile turned up on the girl's face, she was chuckling. So this whole thing was a joke then? Or was it the 'whoa' that got that response. Now Luke felt a little embarrassed, he felt like a totally inexperienced child. 'Whoa', oh brother. So lame. It escaped his lips. That was all he could muster up? So not smooth at all. Arggh, if I could somehow move myself right now, I'd give myself a good old face palm.

Then Logan spoke up. She was asking him, what he thought about the whole ordeal that they had a few seconds, together, earlier.

"Uh.. I, um. I, I, I. uh. um..." Well that's what Luke thought he said, when in reality he probably stuttered something unintelligible. Some random mumbling sounds coming from his mouth. He tried to speak, but no words would come out. He really didn't know what to say if a girl asked him these types of questions. He was super nervous, but he hoped he didn't appear so much so. Luke did his best to keep a calm exterior. His buddies back home, were probably laughing at him now. Mr. Chill? yeah right, anything but. What the hell was that? Yeah, totally smooth, Dude.

"I've been waiting since freshman year to get this just right. Since long before you kissed me that day. I guess that's why I slapped you when you actually did it. I wanted it to mean something to both of us, y'know?"

Wait what... WHAT. No, damn, way. I can't believe it. Luke felt like his jaw would drop to the floor, luckily he kept it in place. Also lucky, due to his slightly tanner skin tone, than some of the other kids, his cheeks wouldn't turn pink: Since his were on fire. The game, The Program, out of all places to realize this. Oh man... Oh man, oh man, oh man. Oh man.

"I know it probably seems like a bad time, but, well... I had to let you know while I still had a chance. Three years of hinting at it obviously wasn't working, and for all we know, we won't be seeing much more of each other."

Logan Sorenson liked him. She liked Luke, alot. And Luke, he never had any idea. But the last part struck a nerve. "...we won't be seeing much more of each other." It scared Luke, it really did. All this time, he had no idea about any of Sor's feeling toward him in that way. She was possibly one of, if not the closest female friend he had in school, yet he had no clue. Luke liked her, but never considered that like in this way before. Now it just opened up so much in his mind.

But right. They probably were now not going to see much more of each other any longer. The Program. In other circumstances, he would have thought about this positively after a while and a bit of thinking, but now. NOW, Luke didn't have much time to. He has only a limited amount of time - maybe just a few days, few hours maybe, to live. The Program was the ugliest condition for this. In this Program, they were all forced to kill each other. Even if it wasn't them, doing any killing, someone had to. Someone was going to die, and it could be either Luke or Logan. Only one can get out of this game alive. It couldn't be both, hell, both could be killed. Someone could murder one, and leave the other an empty shell of a person. They couldn't afford to get too close to each other. No, not like this. A relationship like that, of love. Yeah, she had to, it was her possibly last and only time, but...

Knowing that someone in this game, is putting her heart out for you, in front of millions, well... This just made everything so much more complicated.

She took his hand in hers, intertwining her fingers with his. Sor's felt oddly rough for a girls'. She looked into his own almost timid eyes. Her's so happy, to finally let her real feelings out to him, while his, a bit uncertain. It was a good thing, through gambling and poker games, Luke was able to keep a clean pokerface to disguise the rest of his face. No one really saw his eyes behind his shades, so for all she knew, this was what his eyes were like most of the time. It had to be so hard, so difficult...

"That said, I know I already asked you this, but knowing what I've just told you... can you promise to stick by me to the end?"

Yes. Yes he could. He needed her around. He didn't know why, but he felt he was obligated to stay with Logan Sorenson during the course of the game, or however long they could manage. It's just the other factors that made this, again: so difficult.

Now Luke was finally able to speak. He needed something to tell her, something to make this whole thing work. "Sor." He squeezed her hand tightly, gazing right back into her eyes. A serious, stern expression with his striking blue eyes. "I do. I promise. I will stay with you."

It was the truth. He would. Even if it wasn't entirely for that exclusive reason. In this game he needed support. Logan was great support on all fronts, not just emotional. Plus he actually did like her, maybe not as deep as she did for him, but it was still there. He needed to make it feel consensual though, on both ends, so he had to seem as loving. They needed to follow through with the plan. In order to do so, he needed to appease her, show and tell her exactly, what she wanted to see and hear, in exactly the way she wanted.

"You can count on me Sor. You know, you can." He smiled at her, one he knew was kind of fake, but still made his best effort to make it realistic. Pulling himself closer and pecking her forehead with his lips, he continued. "To.. the very end."

With the smile still on his face, Luke pulled their bodies together into a warm, gentle, but strong hug, kissing her cheek and then her forehead once more. With their heads resting on each other's shoulders, facing away from each other, in their lengthy hug, Luke's smile vanished. With a video camera centered on them both, to capture this 'heart-felt' moment; Luke just stared blankly ahead. A serious expression deep in thought had settled on his face...

Till Death Do Us Part.

The two were now at the bottom floor of the Administration building. Luke had his shades on again. The whole way through, the two walked hand in hand. Luke found holding hands a little weird, and kind of cheesy, but he didn't mind too much. Logan was still a good friend. It's not like he was completely faking affection.

At last they let go. "So, like I was saying earlier, we probably should get a move on out of here. Don't want to be cornered in here, eventually. Best to keep moving right?" Luke opened the door for Sor, like a gentleman. Again, cheesy. Yeah it probably made Sor, snicker, a little, but whatever.

"We can decide where to go, on the way... After you."

(Luke Mendoza and Logan Sorenson Continued To: Tessellate.)

End of Chapter / Thread.

Return to “Administration Building”