My Name Is Not G08

Keira MacDonald Start

Passing through the large iron gates of the surrounding wall, the students find what used to be a magnificent mansion. While the majority of the building is still intact, there is a large chunk of roof as well as several walls missing in the westernmost part of the house where the master bedroom was located. The rest of the mansion is structurally intact, however anything of immediate value has been taken, leaving only minimal furnishings such as beds, tables, couches and the like. The jungle has begun to encroach upon the ruins, and vegetation can be found growing within many of the rooms.
Aura

My Name Is Not G08

Post by Aura »

G08-KEIRA MACDONALD: START

Ugh...what the...where am I?

Keira MacDonald woke up in a strange place. She was lying on the floor of some sort of room, but she could feel the wind blowing. Puzzled, she rolled over to face in the opposite direction, and looked on in shock when she found that the majority of the wall was missing, leaving her entirely exposed to the elements.

OK, seriously, where the hell am I?

Lifting herself onto her feet, she took a better look at her surroundings. She was standing in the middle of a fairly well-furnished room that appeared to be falling apart. If it hadn't been so decrepit, it would have probably been a nice place to live. But despite how nice the room looked, it sure as hell wasn't a theme park. Keira walked around the room, trying to find a clue as to exactly where she was. She ended up accidentally kicking a bag that had been lying on the ground. Curiously, she picked up the bag. Her eyes were immediately drawn to the writing that was etched across the bag.

G08-MACDONALD

It all came back to her.

She had been sitting in the back of the bus, just hanging out and waiting for the class to arrive at their destination. She was psyched, that was for sure. Then all of a sudden, their bus broke off from the pack. The driver said that they were going to ge the AC fixed. This meant that they would be late. The trip sucked, but at least they would eventually get to the park, and then she could go on a few roller coasters and forget that this whole fiasco had ever happened.

Eventually, after what felt like an eternity, the bus pulled into some weird building and came to a halt. It didn't seem like a garage that would fix the AC, so Keira was confused. The doors opened, and four people got on the bus. One was a fat guy, while the other three were wearing gas masks and carrying guns. Their chaperone spoke up, and was taken outside by one of the gas mask men. The masked man reentered the bus alone a few seconds later. Keira suddenly realized that something was very wrong.

Her suspicions were proven right when the large man, whose name turned out to be Victor Danya, told them that they were going to have to kill each other, and that only the last person standing would ba allowed to go home. Then the kid next to her, Kiel, spoke up. Danya called him up to the front of the bus, and after saying a few words, shot him in the head.

Keira looked on in horror. She continued to stare at Kiel's fresh corpse until the gas hit.

So this is it. We're supposed to kill each other.

No matter how much Keira wanted to dispute it, no matter how much she refused to believe it, this was happening. She was trapped in a game of death by some sick terrorists who find her suffering amusing. It disgusted her.

G08. I'm just a number to them.

Searching through her bag, she found some food, a map, and a bowie knife.

A knife. They actually expect me to kill people with this.

Placing the knife back into her bag, she slung the pack over her shoulder and began to leave the mansion via walking through the gaping hole in the wall. As she left the mansion grounds, she made a solemn oath to herself. She would not kill. She would not let the terrorists take away who she was. She was Keira MacDonald, not some number that they could just discard without a second thought.

She mentally cursed the terrorists as she walked onward.

My name is not G08.

(Keira MacDonald continued in If Only I Could Go for a Swim ...)

Return to “The Ruined Mansion”