Welcome to the Mortuary

open

The southern edge of the rainforest contains evidence of a long abandoned expedition in the form of several large (but completely empty) degraded canvas tents, alongside tables, chairs, an empty fire pit, and several metal tent frames long since stripped of their coverings. Close to the nearby river as well as high hills blocking easterly winds from the ocean, this camp showed no sign of being anything but perfectly placed for its purpose, which makes it all the more suspicious as to why it no longer contains any useful items or human inhabitants.

Moderator: SOTF International Staff

Brackie

Welcome to the Mortuary

Post by Brackie »

Everything was wet around Rainbow, including the seat she sat on, the ground beneath her feet, and the open bag of crisps on her lap.

Lays weren't supposed to be eaten wet.

But to pretend that was the most concerning matter right now was fairly obtuse. Crisps got wet, so what? There was also, apparently, a bomb collar around her neck. God-knew-how-many other kids were with her, she never got a good look at how many were in that room. They probably all had bomb collars around their necks as well. They were apparently supposed to kill each other?

Yeah, fun joke.

This was a joke, right? She honestly had no idea what to think. The fact she wasn't in Gaborone, she had forgotten what happened on her way home from school, and she had just exited a rainforest, lended credence to the fact something had happened. They'd given her a bag with a number, a bunch of food, and a fishbowl with grass in it. That lended more credence to the fact that the whole thing was a joke, because if she was supposed to kill other people, wouldn't they give her a weapon?

It didn't really make any sense.

At some point, she finished the crisps. A guttural instint within her wanted to leave the bag in the empty fire pit, but she curled her lip and placed it back in what was apparently her bag.

Rainbow cleared her throat, and cupped her hands around her mouth.

"HELLOOOOOOOO?"

There had to be someone around here who knew what was really going on.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Seychelle moved through the island.

Her gun didn't make sense. It just didn't. It wasn't even vaguely understandable. She knew the whole 'pull the trigger and aim' bullshit, but it wasn't anything clear enough to her. It was just another puzzle that she had to pretend to understand until she left this fucking island. She was handpicked. For what? Handpicked for this? What did she do? She wasn't a criminal, she wasn't a murderer, and she wasn't even a mild nuisance. Why the fuck was she picked? She bit her lips.

And the worse part was the fact that it was heavy. Heavier than anything she had held. It was made heavier by the fact that pulling the trigger made her entire arms buzz like the legs of a crickets. Her arms were still shaking after shooting a tree. The hole was huge. And it didn't only shoot one bullet, there was at least 10 that came out of the muzzle.

This murder weapon in her hands was her tool, and she had to pretend to love it and understand it to get it. It made her feel sick.

Someone screamed. A prey? A foe? A predator?

She didn't know. Seychelle moved through the island to meet her.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Another voice rang out nearby.

"AaaaAAaay! Jo shut the fuck up!"

A tattered tent wiggled as a pale haired (at least what little hair he had) pale headed boy poked out from the opening. An arm draped in what looked like the same material as the tent, except in a bright reflective silver color followed, wrapping itself around the top of the tent's opening.

"You trying to get clapped?!"

Ajay wasn't a very bright person. He knew that, his friends knew that, his 'working partners' knew that. He wasn't given the jobs meant for smart people, that's why he wasn't in a cleaner squad, but he considered himself 'competent enough', to do the jobs he was assigned. One thing that made Ajay competent, was his ability to learn from mistakes, and learn fast. Be it his, or more often, somebody else. When someone's got a mean right hook, he learns to avoid it. When someone pays up late, but has shoes better than him, he learns they're holding out. The biggest lesson he's learned, is that people who don't shut the fuck up, get shut down, and that lesson was learned even before he was taken, let alone when that dumbass American blew his mouth off before Jack blew his head off.

Now a few minutes ago, there was gunfire, and yeah, Ajay could understand the school girl eating chips, they sounded distant. But to call out, after hearing bullets slinging, was almost alien to him. Generally, when someone's shooting you'd want to get away from it, not draw it near you, and you'd think getting a first hand experience of getting painted with blood and brains would teach you this, as everyone in that room did, but apparently poor chips gal didn't get that message. If she wanted to get herself wasted, that was all fine and dandy, but don't lure whomever it is stacking corpses to him!

Especially not when he's got this... this fucking stick snagged in the tent as his weapon.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Rainbow almost scattered backwards into the fire pit when she heard the voice nearby, quickly telling her to shut her pie hole, rooted in place only by the fleeting hope that this was still somehow a joke. She hadn't even registered those noises before as gunshots, but the moment that harsh, southern voice screamed at her, she realized how exactly real things could be here.

Even if this was a joke, what happened if someone got ahold of a weapon and didn't know that? What if there was someone crazy from the United States, or India, who thought this was real, and started killing people? She couldn't have that. Dying wasn't metal, no matter what the posers said.

So when the boy with the...strangest hair she'd ever seen popped up (and considering who Rainbow partied with), she retroactively clasped a hand over her mouth and shouted no more.

"Sorry! I'm-I'm sorry."

Her eyes got to scanning the boy emerging from the tent. If the hair was one thing, the clothing was another - he was wearing what looked like shiny, silver pajamas - was he taken from bed? Or was this how they dressed in-

Wait, where was he from? Rainbow began to go over the accents she recognized in her head. He wasn't American. He wasn't Spanish. He certainly wasn't from Botswana, since he lacked several qualifiers. Wait, she knew it!

"Wait...Safrica! Are you Safrican?"

Rainbow wasn't the biggest fan of people from South Africa - their country was basically third world with a Louis Vitton handbag but they acted as though they were in charge of the whole continent - but if what she suspected was true, and everyone here really was taken from different countries, then he was probably the closest she had to a next-door neighbour right now.

"I'm from Botswana!"

She felt like an awkward school child, trying to introduce herself to her sister's friends at the age of nine. But she pushed ahead anyway. Maybe he had something else garrish to distract her with.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

She’d instantly apologized when Ajay could only assume she’d realized that calling out to gunshots wasn’t the brightest of ideas. Ajay began to climb out, wasn’t much point to cowering in a tent all day, even if there were, he’d liked to have been able to do something before someone lit him up.

“You’re fine, you’re fine...” He spoke, incredibly calm for someone who just saw a kid get capped, and woke up in the middle of nowhere to gunshots and panic. Had to wonder who he pissed off to end up here-

The girl correctly pointed out his point of origin. Maybe she was a Saffie too?

“Oh... Ja! Ja, how’d you guess?” Ajay said, as a track suited leg climbed out of the tent, shiny shoe following. He tossed his bag out next to him, as he looked inside and tried to pull the big wooden pole out with him, it got caught again so he left it.

She was from Botswana, which was farther away than he’s ever been, but probably the closest to the type of people he’s going to know here, if the dead American was any indication.

“So we’re basically neighbors then, yeah? I got a feeling we’re both a long way from home...”
Tapey
Team Affiliation: Malcolm's Mariners

Post by Tapey »

A young boy peeked through from another canvas tent, watching the two teenagers conversing to each other near the fire pit. He stared at the duo, thinking of his next move.

About 10 minutes ago...

Jaxon was stuck in a difficult situation, and he himself was aware of it.

His items were all on the floor in the tent, perfectly organized as rations, medical items, and other stuff required for survival.

He sat on the ground while looking at the bag of leaves that he found in the bag, thinking just how ridiculous this situation was.

A few hours ago, some wanker kidnapped him on his way home, framed him on a chair with several other strangers, and clearly had shot one of them in the head.

And now, he was stuck in a fucking Fortnite game, except this time it's in real life, and he could actually die from this if he was not careful enough.

To make things worse, he was given this bag of poison ivy, which was practically useless against someone with an actual weapon. Heck, if he was given weed he could still at least smoke it, but noooo...., whoever the fuck was behind this gave him some poisonous leaves while expecting him to murder people with it.

Jaxon could not help but to groan in irritation. He had to get out of here somehow, one way or another. He wanted to meet this Jack guy again so he would have a good reason to relentlessly punch him in the face.

But how?

Just as he was done collecting all his stuff back into his old backpack, he heard some shouting outside his tent. A nervous cry for attention.

Silently, he peeked out of his tent. And here they were.

Jaxon continued to observe them silently. He pretty sure he heard a gunshot not too long ago too, and before some lucky prick with a rifle kills all of them in the area, he would prefer not to make an appearance for now.
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Seychelle moved through the island.

Her feet hit the ground. The tents... the tipis? They stood there. People were here. She swallowed. Everyone was going to kill each other. She just had to make sure she wasn’t the first one.

She arrived behind a tent. Her feet were wet. She didn’t remember them being wet. She had concentrated all of her thoughts on her wobbly arms.

Seychelle looked up. The voices were still shaking the island.

She moved through the island to join them.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

"Tell me about it, I've never left Botswana before."

Nothing matched up to what Rainbow knew - the trees weren't the kinds of trees Rainbow was familiar with, the weather was strange, even the grass looked and felt odd beneath her feet. Every step she'd taken through the rainforest to get here felt like the ground was going to swallow her whole, like she was going to fall into the pores of a large face in the ocean. The ocean was another thing itself - she'd never been close to it. There were two pools in her life, one at her father's golf club which she hadn't been in since she was thirteen, and one at the safari her mother worked at, which she'd never been allowed near. And yet when Rainbow looked at the rocky hills nearby, she could hear crashing waves beyond it. If this was an island, it was the same on every shore, and that was slightly terrifying.

But Rainbow wasn't going to let that interfere with making a new friend, in the loosest terms of all the words in that sentence. Her attention returned to the boy in silver pajamas.

"By the way, my name-"

When a rustling announced itself from behind the tent the other boy emerged from, Rainbow went completely silent, turning towards the noise. Her lips pursed, her eyes widened, and she remained silent. She wanted to check it out, but her feet felt heavy for some reason, as though the words the boy sneered earlier were anchoring her. Part of her wanted to run, part of her wanted to reject everything she'd been told and find out what was going on.

Her arm crossed over to the straps of her shouldered bag, and gripped tightly. She felt somewhat safe around the Saffie, despite what he looked like, but there was no guarentee those feelings would extend to everyone.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

(( Philia had continued from the Temperate Rainforest, Suburban Overture ))

From the rainforest, a woman, with a large rifle slinged across her back, emerges into the camps clearing. Philia was very obviously in complete distress, still trying to figure out what the hell's going on exactly with this 'gameshow' that she's on. She wonders how many creeps on the dark web are watching her right now, and how many want her to blow as many people away as possible.

But she wouldn't do that, and that'd probably be her downfall.

As she walked closer, she unslinged the gun, now getting fearful of other people being nearby her. Philia struggled to hold it for a moment, before becoming steady. A thick accent made it a bit harder to understand her.

"You all...you-er, you cool? I'm not interested in-in hurting unless you try anything!" The girls beauty sense was...interesting. Strange dyed hair, and such. She was quite nervous.
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."
Assigned Weapon: L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle
Location: She found her freedom in The Mysterious Circle - Inner Animal. [7/29]
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Gift: The Evil Eye
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

B12: Yutaka Seto - "You never know…"
Assigned Weapon: Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnum Revolver
Location: He lost on the draw in Residential Area (H/I8) - Stood Up.
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Me either... well never left home, but same thing, ja.”

It was surprisingly easy to start a conversation here, all things considered. Of course, Ajay wasn’t stupid, he didn’t have faith in the much of the other people put on this island. Human nature dictated that someone would hurt someone else to get on top, just a fact of life. People already did that to people they see every day, friends and family even, so... you add that you’re never going to see these people again, one way or another, it’s a lot easier to do them dirty. Desperate dudes will do desperate things.

The girl was about to introduce herself, when another tent moved. Ajay caught a glimpse of the boy peeking out at them. Honestly? That was kind of creepy. They know someone else is there, but they didn’t know what he had. Ajay turned around and looked at the polearm half in half out through the tent. Maybe he should grab it?

“Err-“

Aaaand another school girl showed up. Rather small, unintimidating, kind of a punky haircut that wasn’t fooling anyone.

Well, except for the rifle. That was kind of intimidating. Ajay almost raised his arms up like it was a cop or something but kept his hands clasped together in front of him, didn’t want to look weak in front of everyone. What the girl said kind of relieved him, too. That, and the fact she looked to only be carrying one bag meant she hadn’t took anyone else out, yet.

If she was intending to kill them all, she likely could have done so before they saw her.

Oooh that’s a scary thought actually, fuck that!

“Well, we are as best we can be, all things considered.” This is what? Four people now? At least three of them didn’t intend to try and take each other out for this sick bastard’s game, Ajay included, but he didn’t know about tent boy yet.

Ajay knelt down and picked up a handful of pebbles. He tossed one at the tent.

“Yooooo-“

Another rock.

“Come out man! Don’t be fucking rude!”

Boink.

“Join the braai!”

Look, as much as Ajay felt okay with the others, he wasn’t sure about the tent guy. Didn’t know what he had intended, and hey, even if he was peaceful, that meant he had another chance of not being the first shot if someone opened fire on them all.

Call it crabs in a bucket if you want.
Tapey
Team Affiliation: Malcolm's Mariners

Post by Tapey »

God fucking damn it.

He wasn't expecting his cover to be blown so early. Heck, he was so confident in his current hiding spot that he was considering camping here for the whole night.

Jaxon slung his backpack across his shoulder, reanalyzing the situation. The duo outside was now accompanied by more people, one of them with a rifle. For some reason, they seemed to be not hostile...? He wasn't sure if his reads were accurate. He was shit at socializing anyway, and as much as he knew about people his age, looks can be deceiving, and this could be a trap for him to get shot once he revealed himself.

But again, would he rather go out and prove that he was harmless, or continued to get pelted by rocks?

He continued to stare at the rifle. He wanted that rifle in his hand. He needed it.

But first, he needed to live to make his next move.

After a small, disgruntled sigh, he stepped out of the tent, still maintaining some distance away from the group. A pebble still managed to hit him in the shoulder once he revealed himself.

"First of all, ouch." He looked at the guy, replying with an irritated tone. "Secondly, sup. Hope I wasn't interrupting or anything."
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Seychelle moved the island, and finally, she arrived.

Her gun was still up. She missed her daddy. She missed her mom. She missed her friends. None of them were here. Or at least, none of them were there when the American boy's head exploded. Seychelle was right behind him. His head was there, and then, it wasn't. Seychelle could still taste the blood in her mouth.

Probably because it was still there.

She sidestepped to see the people on the other side. The tents had little coverage. If she had wanted, she could have opened fire through the cloth like it was warm butter. She bit her lip. She didn't consider it. She tasted the blood again. Seychelle stopped biting her lip.

She stared at the crew. There was a sometimeish girl. A sweetie. A huggish. A geeky guy.

She kept the gun pointed on them.

She had moved through the island to be here, and she spoke. "What's the scene, 'ere?"
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

"Well, none of us are gonna kill each other, yeah? I think we're all cool-cool."

The rifle was slinged back onto her back. "Fuck, this thing is heavy though. Goddamn. What is the scene here, miss?"

They looked up, and realized that there was a gun being aimed at her. "We aren't shooting each other, I'm guessing?"
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."
Assigned Weapon: L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle
Location: She found her freedom in The Mysterious Circle - Inner Animal. [7/29]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Gift: The Evil Eye
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

B12: Yutaka Seto - "You never know…"
Assigned Weapon: Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnum Revolver
Location: He lost on the draw in Residential Area (H/I8) - Stood Up.
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

There were now five people where Rainbow once thought there were two. That made her more scared than it should have, because now, she was playing a video back in her head of how only just a few minutes ago, of when she decided to yell out into the world for company. If there were all these people around, including another boy in a tent she'd completely glossed over, and two people strolling in with large guns, then that did not bode well for what she thought were her astute observation skills. In fact, it boded the opposite of well, because it confirmed to her that there were now people with guns around.

Rainbow had never seen a gun in her life. Despite what people at school said about the people who would end up being her majita on the weekends, the people she knew generally weren't the type to carry them, or even get harassed by the makhola. She'd only heard about them, seen them in movies, watched them on the news - never existed this close in sight to them.

But maybe the people who were given guns would all be like these two - cautious, but not killing.

And there it was, the big four-lettered K-word. What happened if there was someone out there who took every word as gospel, who got given a gun, and decided to start killing? Pointless loss of life for no reason, and if Rainbow's luck had erred slightly worse, she could have ended up just like that.

She had to make sure the opposite was true - she had to keep things calm. She had to make sure people got along.

"Alright! Well, if we are all not shooting each other, I believe we should all take a moment to settle down!"

Rainbow released her hand from the strap, and started moving her hands as she spoke, the breeziness wafting through her.

"We are all clearly far from home, and in a lot of trouble. So I think if we all put our heads together, we can figure something out. Maybe we have something in common, and that's why we're here."

She'd stepped back slightly towards the fire pit so she could see everyone without twisting around too much. The saffie in strange clothing, boy from the other tent, girl with the green hair and a gun, and girl in the white t-shirt and a gun. She brought her hands lightly to her chest

"So, I think we should introduce ourselves. My name is Rainbow, and I am from Gaborone. In Botswana."

Rainbow gestured towards the boy in silver pajamas.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Ja, would appreciate it if we put away the fucking shooters before someone sucks lead." He looked towards the newcomer, whom had been pointing their gun at the group, rather than just holding it like punky hair. "Would be shit if you sneezed and someone flopped over like that 'Merican kid, yeah?" He nodded to her, hoping she'd get the message. "Probably feel pretty dof, yeh?"

Still didn't raise his arms in surrender. He wasn't surrendering to nobody, not Jack Shit, not any poor fuck who'd believe the dumb shit he'd say. Kept his knuckles clasped in his palm. Looked casual, looked professional as it could. Set him up to bring his hands to his face incase someone starting swinging. Probably wouldn't help much in a gunfight though, 'specially with no gun.

"Swana gal's right though, let's think this through. Some rooijasse plucks us out of town, drops us here, and tells us if we kill everyone else, he'll send us back home and everything's all fine and dandy and we're back home eatin' curry and slap-chips and we're supposed to believe 'im like he's good for his word?"

Rainbow introduced herself formally, then gave Ajay the cue.

"Ajay, Cape Town, only place that matters 'n South Africa."

Return to “The Abandoned Camp [DANGER ZONE]”