The best songs are played on the oldest fiddles

Seychelle and the other losers here

Just north of the village sits an expansive open field - divided north to south by wood and wire farm fencing, the only stretch still standing, and divided east to west by a shallow river leading westward to the ocean from the rainforest. Dotted by occasional log bridges, one can see how far up the banks the water used to reach by following the visible erosion, long since stripped of much of its vegetation. While it’s extremely difficult to remove oneself from the river itself should they fall in due to the steep banks by themselves, if they were to make their way further up or down the river near the entrance to the rainforest, or by a long-abandoned camping ground, they would be able to make things easier.

Moderator: SOTF International Staff

Lilith

The best songs are played on the oldest fiddles

Post by Lilith »

((Seychelles continued here. Still thinking. Processing. Forming.))

Seychelle’s trip northward in the direction of fishing village was interrupted by a small creek showing its mouth in the crowd. It wasn’t large, or deep, but enough to make her jump backward when she noticed it.

Someone could fall in it and be stuck. Forever. The thought worried her. And there was the issue of the crossing. Was the island divided into two on purpose? Was this a terraformed island made for this purpose?

Her eyes dragged up the hill and into the smile of the island yet again, noticing a log bridge. They wouldn’t be that stuck.

“I’m going to take a break here.” She turned around, still feeling the dried blood on her face. “To clean up a bit.”
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

(( Philia continued, following Seychelles quite blindly.))

Oooh, a nice little creek. Would be nice to jump in, but she's afraid for the gun and for her own safety. Who knows what's in there?

Just after seeing the bridge- oh a break? "Yeah, sure, clean that blood off, yeah?"

"...God, what the fuck are we gonna do? I don't wanna kill anyone!"
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
[ERROR: RELATIONSHIP THREAD UNAVAILABLE.]
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."
Assigned Weapon: L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle
Location: She found her freedom in The Mysterious Circle - Inner Animal. [7/29]
Pregame History: [ERROR: PREGAME HISTORY UNAVAILABLE.]
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread
[ERROR: APPEARANCE TRACKER UNAVAILABLE.]

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Gift: The Evil Eye
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]
Pregame History: 1
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3, 4

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

B12: Yutaka Seto - "You never know…"
Assigned Weapon: Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnum Revolver
Location: He lost on the draw in Residential Area (H/I8) - Stood Up.
In-Game History: 1, 2, 3
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

((Ajay Bachmeyer hung around, just off to the side, spear in hand.))

Feeling useless. Don't get him wrong, Ajay trusted himself in a standup fight, had more than enough experience in a good moer, but with the two dolls with guns, he definitely felt...

inadequate.

Well, that wasn't the right word. Redundant more like. Were there some bossies dof enough to get into a fight with their group, that was two shooty shooty bang bangs they had to deal with, before Ajay could even close the distance, and if said bossies had their own shooty shooty bang bangs, the likelyhood of him getting got before even reaching them increased by like... an insane amount.

Yeah. Something like that.

Seychelle stopped for a break at a nearby river, needed to clean all this blood off. Fuckin hell Americans sure bleed a lot. Every kid in that room must have red mist (and white and blue too!) all over 'em. Hey, whatever, Ajay was fine with a break. These takkies weren't meant for trekking through the bushes anyways.

Ajay watched the bridge for movement as Philia mentioned her fears at killing someone. He didn't really know any other way to put it to her that as long as she had that gun she'd be a target.

"Would you rather they kill you?"

Blunt, but he didn't know any other way to put it. Someone wants you hurt, you hurt them first. Life's always like that. Fight to live. Live to spite. Don't be a bitch, as his moegoe of a brother used to say.
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Rainbow Moseki continued from Welcome to the Mortuary))

It wasn't until Philia mentioned the blood that Rainbow even noticed the fine specks of faded red that were covering everyone.

It hadn't been long since they'd left the campsite - they could see the ocean over the hills to their right, and to their left was the cusp of the rainforest Rainbow had emerged from, pre-empted by hills. There was a path leading southwards at some point, but the dirt track disappeared into the wilderness, replaced by grass. So after a certain point, the determined walking was replaced by concerned steps. At least it was in Rainbow's case - she didn't know enough about any of these people to judge them for their footsteps. She wondered if any of the others knew her just by looking at her.

So when the blood was mentioned, Rainbow took an instinctive look at the arms of her school uniform - they were clean, or at the very least they had no blood on them. She looked down at her midsection - no blood there, either. Rainbow leaned over herself to check her lower half, and there was a distinct lack of blood there as well. Was she the only one who didn't get a piece of that American boy on them? She never got a good look at the people around her, but she must have been pretty far back from the screen. She didn't know where everyone else was at the time, nor could she remember the people next to her. It was just strange.

Maybe it really was a dream after all. Or a joke. Everyone else seemed to have one thing in common, the blood on their clothing, and Rainbow was the odd one out. But she couldn't rely on miracles.

The blood was going to be removed at this creek, which Rainbow had just noticed had no crossing in front of them. Did the track lead to a bridge, and when they lost the track they lost the bridge as well? She looked upwards towards where the creek seemed to be flowing from, and saw a dinky little log bridge crossing the two banks. It would do. Maybe.

It wasn't long until Philia mentioned that she didn't want to kill anyone. That was good, because Rainbow liked being alive. But Ajay mentioned the flipside of killing, and that was being killed.

The thought hovered in Rainbow's mind.

She immediately stuffed it into a chest. It didn't have to be like that, at all. None of them had to kill, not when the possibility of escape or rescue still existed. How many world governments had the group that kidnapped them pissed off? At the very minimum it was six, one of which was a military superpower and another of which was an economic superpower. And even then, there were so many possibilities of what could go on. It didn't have to be one or the other, even if they were told as such.

Rainbow wanted to say all of this, and opened her mouth slightly to do so. But, she remembered, the last time she tried putting an idea out there for the group, she was massively disagreed with. She didn't like the feeling, even if she'd opened herself up to the possibility. So instead of turning her thoughts into words, she closed her mouth again.

She nodded, slightly and lazily, to nobody in particular.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: F03 - Chanel Martin: Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: F22 - Nani Clover: Be the survivor you wish to see in the world.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"
Jason Foley: "Get on my level, scrublord."

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Tapey
Team Affiliation: Malcolm's Mariners

Post by Tapey »

((Jaxon Chen continued from Welcome to the Mortuary))

Jaxon's attention towards the view was cut short when someone mentioned about killing each other. He wasn't sure who said it, he just heard it.

Funny enough, he had been thinking about this throughout the journey. About killing the others and getting out of here. All the gory shit aside, theoretically if he really did manage to outlast the others, would he be charged with manslaughter? Or will he be sold off or even killed like what that Ajay kid just said? Heck, he might even be sent into another one of these sick social experiments.

But to be fair, they were all FORCED to kill one another. So somehow, if he really did get arrested for manslaughter, at least he had a perfect defense for himself.

He turned his attention back to the stream, and towards the others. Was it really selfish of him to kill the others if all he ever wanted was to live and to go home?

Chances were they were gonna fight anyway, unless well...they somehow came up with another plan to escape...

He stared at Philia's rifle and went back into sightseeing while waiting for Seychelles to return. He had a choice to make, and neither would be good for him in the long term...
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

"Thank you," Seychelle told her companions as she started to slide on the mud. She wasn't physical. Sport wasn't her thing. It had never been. She hated sweating. She hated the dirt. She hated the injuries and the pain.

She winced.

Maybe she'd far a little better in this situation if she had gotten a little hurt during softball with Michelle.

The mud started to cake her ankles, and her tibia, and now her knees. She swallowed. She stared at the cameras. She looked back at the river. The island in her mind was forming a pearl, and she was rolling it around. Seychelle wondered how hard she could push it, twist it, turn it. Could it turn back into coal? And into a diamond?

She bit her lips, lowered herself. The water was warm, but colder than the air. If she sunk her body in it, she would get hypothermia. She noted it for later.

She raised a clenched and wet fist to her forehead, and rubbed. Pain. She winced. She rubbed again. There was fresh blood on her hand.

It dripped down into the water. Tinting it. Dotting it. She kept her hand on the wound.

"I think I hurt my head somewhere." She whispered to nobody but herself. Turning around, she looked up at the group. "D-do we get bandages?"
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

"Uhm...sure, you should check your backpack once you get back up here. I-uh, maybe I can try to help?" Distasteful joke incoming. "Promise not to kill you or anything, fingers crossed." That was mildly distasteful.

Philia thought about every word she said in that sentence very carefully, yet it came out awkward. The awkwardness wasn't as important, however, as Philia thought whether to offer something from her pack or to tell her to search in her pack. It was an important micro-interaction, however Philia still felt horrid about it. For example, if she offered, there could be less for herself and more for a potential competitor.

A rock landed in Philias stomach, because she realized she has to assume everyone is playing.

She turned to the kid from South Africa, "Well...no, obviously but...surely we can keep an air of 'don't fire unless fired upon,' no? Like, RoE or whatever it's called?"
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

O16: Philia Constantinou - "But your correct choices are the ones you make in your own volition."

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread

S037: Cyrus Vähi - "It's our spotlight! Our stage. And I get to finally experience the closing of curtains for one of our many characters."
Location: He took his final bow in The Flatlands - Look But Don't Touch. [38/43]

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

"Hey, hey! Sit down, like now-now." When the fuck? How did Seychelle hit her head? Did she get dropped from a helicopter here? Ajay didn't know how she could've gotten hit like that, or how it took so long for her to find out, but...

This could be bad.

Ajay dealt with concussions before, both trying to treat them and...causing them. It's not some end of the world event by any means, go to the hospital, don't sleep, get checked out, go home. Problem was there's no hospital to just toss someone at anonymously, let alone a back alley doc. Without a middle man, a concussion, or even worse a contusion would be, well, Ajay's probably going to see his second corpse today if that were the case.

"Anyone know first aid?"
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Finally, Rainbow felt like she could be useful.

The funny thing about metal concerts was the thrashing writhing pustule of pure energy that always sat at the front of the stage - westerners called that the mosh pit, and there was probably a local name for it, but that name worked just fine. Rainbow had never been in one before, since it was hard to explain random scuffs and bruises to the family if she got them in an inconvenient place, but she had seen her friends go into them and come out fine, but she did sometimes see them come out with a bruise or a cut before, and their own friends and her would swarm them, seeing how serious it was, and then figuring out what to do if it wasn't that bad. Sometimes, someone had a bandage or something, but others it was just a case of making sure they didn't need to go to the hospital, and ten out of ten times they didn't. Rainbow hoped the invisible zero wasn't making an appearance here.

"Let me take a look!"

Without even thinking, Rainbow craned her hands into her bag, pulled out the med kit, and scuttled it across the ground to the edge of the bank. She followed this up by removing her shoes and socks, not even undoing the laces. She dropped her bag beside her and lowered herself to the level of what remained of the water. She felt her toes take an iron grip to the mud as she pulled herself forward to the girl with blood on her face.

"Come, sit down, let me take a look," Rainbow said, extending her hand.
[+] Yesterday
BR: B01 - Yoshio Akamatsu: Dear friend, You are a freak. You are not wanted. You are not necessary. And you are the only one who is.
BR: G09 - Yuko Sakaki: and although the fingers slice things such as oranges and bodies, we can no longer be reasonably sure what these things are.
PV1: M17 - Matthew Payne: I don't know the question, but sex is definitely an answer.
TV1: BLU2 - Anna Hitchins: I am uncomfortable with the fact this conversation isn't about me.
TV1: BLK3 - Holly Hergenroeder: Tho'th who make peatheful revolution impothible will make violent revoluthun inevitable.
Virtua: F12 - Jacqueline "Cameo" Conroy: I am not looking to escape my darkness, I am learning to correct the monster I created there.
Virtua: F20 - Ramona Shirley: Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the body and explosions to everything.
SC1: B04 - Preston Grey: We often miss opportunity because it's dressed like a cheerleader and looks like it's about to shoot you in the face.
SC1: G07 - Anna Kateridge: Laziness is the first step towards somehow finishing in 8th place.
PV2: F17 - Erin Underwood: There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of getting kicked through a tree branch.
TV2: CJ5 - Jaxon Street: Fashionable people don't necessarily fall in love with fashionable people.
SC2: G03 - Lyndi Thibodeaux: To be a good leader, you sometimes need to go down the parish path.
SC2: B20 - Jason Andrews: It's time to water down the standards which would lead to bravery.
PV3P: M05 - Santiago "Sandy" Ibarra: And so the mongoose lay with the solenodon.
PV3P: M43 - Grant Moore: In this game, American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.
PV3: F11 - Calista Carpenter: Doing things you hate for people you love is what it means to be family.
PV3: F13 - Oliver Davies: Many boys owe the grandeur of their games to their tremendous delusions.
TV3: SB09 - Emmett Purcell: Men, give your power to the bitches that deserve it.
TV3: BC07 - Ashanti Baker: Don't speak your mind, even if your throat shakes to speak.
INTL: O01 - Rainbow Moseki: Hide yourself in music, so when someone wants to find you, they can kill that first.
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:
Holly Hadaway: "Could you imagine if I never got my teeth fixed? Who'd take me seriously?"

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

Jaxon stared at the crowd anxiously as Rainbow offered to help. Apparently, Seychelles got her head injured somewhere while on her way to wash off the bloodstains.

Dafuq just happened? How?

Jaxon wasn't unfamiliar with concussions, however. Being involved in numerous amount of fistfights had led him to head injuries before, which usually resulted in his frequent trips to the hospital. From what he knew, as long as someone experienced was around to help, it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

He watched as Rainbow continued to examine the wounded girl. He wasn't sure if he trusted her enough to aid the wound, but ehh, it's not like they had any options anyways.

And yea, what else? Ohh yea, he thought of something while waiting for Seychelles. Though, he needed to back off for a while...

"Heyy uhm," Jaxon requested Ajay in a soft tone, "I'm gonna go chill near the bridge, you know, to give her some space. Just tell me when everyone's good to go, alright?"
Lilith

Post by Lilith »

Seychelle felt herself sink into the mud.

Was her blood sand? Was her stomach full of clay?

She took a sharp breath.

Her lungs weren't. She sighed.

"Oui, oui." She spoke like she was talking to her mother. Her mother nagged. A lot. Like 'where were you after your classes?' or 'how did you scrap your knee'? It was nothing bad, or nothing offensively annoying to Seychelle, but it was still nagging. Seychelle looked at rainbow.

"I'm fine." She back chatted. "It's just- you know."

She lowered her hand, and looked at the blood. She never bled. Well, only once a month. And sometimes when her fingers dripped down the side of her zines too quickly as she pushed it below doors at school. It made her feel woozy.

"I didn't think it was mine." She spoke softly, looking at the crimson scabs on her fingers mixing with the liquid. "I thought it was that yankee's."

When did she get this?

"Seriously, I'm fuh-fine." She sat on a muddy rock, letting herself be inspected. "I just picked the scab."
WorldFat

Post by WorldFat »

Picked a scab? Well...alright then. Seems to be not that serious, at least.

"Alright, Uhm...y-you alright then? I'll, uh, keep watch. Yeah, I-Yeah, gonna. . ."
Philia wasn't the most socially adept.

Philia looked around at the bridge and around the clearing as well, making sure that nobody she didn't know was coming closer. Well by 'know' she means-eh, ya know, someone not in the group.
She still started to drift towards Rainbow and Seychelle, seeing as they were the most vulnerable at the moment. Probably a good idea to try to protect them the most.
[+] PAST
SOTF-INTERNATIONAL V1:
Appearance Tracker

SOTF-SUPERS V1:
Relationship Thread

BATTLE ROYALE AU V2:

ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Eh, I’m not doing much standing around either.” He replies to Jaxson. “Sides there’s not much I can do here anyways but watch and wait.”

When Seychelle mentioned that it was just a scab getting picked, Ajay lost the sense of urgency from earlier. Now it was just another girl being dramatic, and he had no interest in that sort of thing.

But the way she was talking is off. Maybe she’s trying to downplay it. Maybe it was bad and she’s in denial. Either way, not much he could really do.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Rainbow felt like she'd offended Seychelle. What was she even thinking, jumping down into the river like this? Now her feet were dirty and so soon would her shoes be, all because she jumped in where she wasn't supposed to. She retracted her hand, swirling with a mix of embarassment for thinking she was needed, and guilt over rememberance of the American.

"Oh. That's-that's good then, I suppose."

The girl stood there, somewhat awkwardly, a stunned wildebeast. Without a word, she retreated back up the bank, somewhat awkwardly at first before gripping the grass and pulling.

"I would w-wash it off. You don't want blood in your eyes."

It was crazy how things worked - Rainbow was on an island in the middle of the ocean somewhere, the threat of death almost literally hanging around her neck, and so many other unknown variables that could end her life, and yet she still felt embarassed, like she did something awkward in class and people started laughing at her.

Rainbow sat herself on the edge of the grass, full with the knowledge she would have to put her shoes back on, yet petrified with the fact that there were four people there who probably thought less of her.
[+] Yesterday
[+] Tomorrow
Cyber:
Boston Sullivan

SC:

TV Intermission:
Lara Rodriguez
Danica McIntyre
Gerard Cullen
Tapey

Post by Tapey »

"Uhmm...cool! See you guys in a minute! I guess..." Jaxon departed from the group, making sure that no one was trailing behind him.

So apparently it was just nothing more than a scab... Not that he minded about it though. If anything, it's better to be safe than sorry.

At least they didn't actually have to carry around a person in concussion. That would be quite a drag.

Now, what was he going to do again? Ohh yea...

((Jaxon Chen had left and will be back shortly))

Return to “The Shallow River [DANGER ZONE]”