quick, make friends with my V8 kids before Zee and Turtle report me to Interpol

V8 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V8 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Yugikun wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:41 am well while they're breaking down my front door you wanna hash out what our V8 kids think of each other
...sure.

Kitty and Clover would probably get along (and Kitty might be the one person that Clover would say had it worse than her) due to various commonalities, but the problem is they don't share any explicit groups, and there's no way that Kitty would approach Clover on her own. So unless Clover went out of her way to befriend Kitty (which it doesn't seem like she'd do) I doubt they'd actually be friends.

As for the others, I can't imagine either Natasha or Lúcio would be very attached to any of them with the sole exception of... Teddy... in which case Lúcio might want to befriend and recruit him to the Body Improvement Club, while Natasha would be flabbergasted by his mix of conservative and left-wing viewpoints.

That's all I've got unless you think of something else.
THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU. READ ABOUT THEM AND PREPARE YOURSELF.
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson
Pregame: -#->
Memory: -#-#->
Prom: -#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-|

Richard Smith
Memory: ->
V7: -#-#-#-#-|

Ming Robinson
Memory: ->

Amber Yates
Pregame: -#-#->
Memory: -#-#->
Prom: -#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-|
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:
G013: Penelope Fitzgerald
G046: Isabel Ramirez

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Image G005: Madeline Wilcox
Image G030: Sara Corlett
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Hello! One of the kids has been retooled and upgraded from a "maybe" to a "definitely" and their new details are also in the first post. For the sake of not making you have to go back there to find out what's new, here's what's new. It's Penny!
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu —Daughter of two insanely rich businesspeople, and due to that never really had to want for anything in her life. That and not really getting all that much attention from her parents as a child left her to really want to be loved, which led her to popularity which led her to parties which led her to going ALL-IN ON THE FIESTA, BAYBEE. Had a really bad episode the first time she took drugs and that led her to realize that she's kinda just been led around by others all her life and doesn't really know what to do with herself. Sees her life as a life where she just kind of exists and has no clue whether its all gonna work out or not and kinda leans into her lifestyle due to that. Makes music and aspires to do so/become a performer professionally, has a Soundcloud where she does lo-fi moody pop/hip-hop and has a small following. Popular kid, though more of a social nomad type than a queen bee type — hangs out with everyone and knows people from most social spheres. Friendly, outgoing social wise, with kind of a laid back, memey personality. Think Charelle sorta. Bisexual, kinda goes around. Likes fashion. Hates goths. Good at tennis. Wants to pick up dance maybe but doesn't really know how.

Looking For:
  • Friends! Both regular friends who she chats (she is like, Cicada Character tier in terms of knowing everyone) and occasionally hangs out with and also close friends who have been through hell with her and KNOW THE DARK STUFF. Also: due to her popularity and her music-making and because everybody wants to be Penny she has, like, actual sycophants — people who are friends with her because she's popular and they want a little drip of that popularity.
  • Romantic Stuff! From around Grades 7-10 Penny was into actual relationships that fizzled out after three months and then in 11-12 she became more into, like, casual, one-off flirt/make-out episodes which also sometimes became hookups. She has a bit of a history regarding these. She only realized that she was bi during quarantine however so any stuff with girls has to go into the year 11-12 territory.
  • Fellow musicians? Penny partially got into making music due to people she knew giving her advice on how to do stuff and in the present day she probably still does chat up the musicians of V8 to get ideas and inspo and stuff. If your kid is a musician and you'd like someone to talk shop with hit me up!
  • People who don't like her! Penny's a bit difficult to actually antagonize but she's probably racked up enemies in the past. Person who doesn't like the fact that she flexes a bit with the way she dresses? Relationship with her ended up on bad terms? Goth? Then maybe you don't like her and maybe you'd like to let her know that.
Post here if you haven't already so I can get stuff with you. I'll reply to the posts I forgot to reply to tomorrow I SWEAR. I'M SORRY FOR DROPPING OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH SLAM
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

hello yugikun from sotf

For Penny I can see a possible past relationship between her and Matt or a hookup works too. Her personality sounds like the type he'd get along with and he's within the social crowd as well.

Indigo is into music and his parents are both musicians, but he doesn't play any instruments. He'd follow her Soundcloud and enjoy her music but would lowkey or highkey depending on the day wanna fight her since he likes to mess with certain types of people; which also leads me to Nick. Indie has definitely thrown some money at him.

Althea probably felt bad for Nick at some point and paid him 10 bucks to take a break or something.
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Hello I have new kids and. Giselle Modisette Meme Master would probably be Penny's friend- party? fashion? Heck yeah. They both make music and have fans, and Miss Giss Goddess would be willing to do collabs.
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Slam wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 pm Teddie:
- Probably not enough charisma to breach Clover’s icy heart. May be acquainted but only by chance.

a modern day tragedy 😔
Slam wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 pm - Similarly I don’t think Teddie would have much incentive to hang out with/hire Nicholas. But he might have asked him out of curiosity what this is all about.

Works with me. Nicholas would... probably not have a lot of thoughts on Teddie in return. People who don't actively buy anything are just kinda white noise for Nick.
Slam wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 pm- Turns out both Teds are interested in similar creative mediums (cartooning vs 3D animating). But otherwise, they’re actually not very similar. If I’m reading right, your kid’s real name is Teddy but he goes by Theodore, and my kid’s real name is Theodore but he goes by Teddie. I think these two could have a rather quirky relationship based off the similarities and differences.
Oh yeah I can totally see this as like, a kinda surface level yet still pretty friendly thing. Maybe not anything deep since as you said they're pretty different from one another but they're definitely, like, pass each other in the halls and go, like "hey other ted!" or something like that.
Slam wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 pm- Another attention whore! I think Penny has the potential to be someone Teddie would try to latch onto as a friend but then the fact they’re both trying to get people looking at them would cause a rift that would make for some fun drama. Also they could have both fooled around with each other.
Noooot quite sure whether Penny is into actively seeking attention more than just having people around her to hang out with but otherwise this works. I want more clout chasers and also people Penny would've likely done stuff with in the p o s s e.
Slam wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 pmSpuds:
- Would probably not have enough enthusiasm to break Clover out of her shell.
A modern day tragedy 😔
Slam wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 pm- If Spuds did talk to Nicholas she’d tell him to stop being such a whore. But if she knew his reasoning for doing so, she’d be a lot more sympathetic.
The stuff re: Nick's mom would only really be known to the people he's closest to so sadly Spuds likely only knows him as a whore 😔
Slam wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 pm- I think Spuds would be pretty chill with Theodore. They don’t have a huge amount in common but she’d respect his responsible nature and core values.
Yeah not sure if Teddy would really know Spuds that much but if they've crossed paths somewhere there's probably something like mutual respect between the both of them
Slam wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 pm- Spuds would probably want to steer clear of Penny if she can pick up on her destructive antics.
guess she's just a hater 😔
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Super Weegee wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:39 am Clover: I can see Brook as one of the people who picked on her in middle school, but outside of that? I doubt that he would make an attempt to befriend her. If anything, he'll probably roll his eyes at her half the time whenever they happen to cross paths.
Yeah this works. Clover would at some point see him do that and then feel really down and messy for the next half hour — especially since she'd probably remember all the stuff from middle school.
Super Weegee wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:39 amNick: Brook has been earning money doing commissions, so I can see him enlisting Nick's services a few times to find an item he lost or that was possibly stolen from him. Maybe even assisting him once or twice? Outside of his business, Brook would probably find him a little creepy with his robotic mannerisms.
Works with me! Standard client-Nick relationship on Nick's side, probably.
Super Weegee wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:39 amTheo: Doubtful that Brook would be particularly close to him, but they do share a fondness for reading, so they can probably get along with that.
I honestly forgot I listed reading as a hobby for Teddy until I read this but... assuming nothing major changes about him they could potentially be writing buddies if Blake's the guy who shares his writing with other writers in the school. Could be acquaintances in that way.
Super Weegee wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:39 amPenny: Given that she's the social nomad type, Brook would have likely crossed paths with her quite a few times. I can see them being friends in some form, although he'll find her a bit strange due to her bisexuality.
They'd probably be chill with each other up until anything re: Brook's opinions on the LGBT+ community comes out. Then he'll get ghosted pretty hard. Penny's pretty down with most people but if you go for her/the people she's close with she's very suddenly not going to have a lot of time for you.

You added an extra kid since you posted this in my thread so at some point I'll come over to yours and see what's potentially there between my cast and Lula. See you there (or, uh, here, if you decide to respond to this).
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

BlizzardeyeWonder wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:38 am For Clover: Lydia may or may not be involved in the film club, but if she is they might know each other. Lydia's a generally chill and friendly person towards others but idk what Clover would think.
Probably... acquaintances? If they're both in the same club then they've probably said hi or maybe talked to each other once or twice on what they were supposed to watch but it's probably not more than that? Clover's not good at approaching people and also isn't good at being approachable herself so unless Lydia SUPER tries then... mildly friendly acquaintances, yeah.
BlizzardeyeWonder wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:38 amFor Nick: As well as being a fellow member of the Pinoy Platoon, Tenshi might have paid him to do stuff a couple of times in the past, probably simple getting alcohol stuff - maybe running a book to the library for her one time she was "too busy" to do it herself?
Works with me! There's also probably a little bit more to this since as she's Pinoy Platoon she likely knows all the stuff re: Nick's mom and why he's trying to get the $$$$$$$$$. Could play interestingly since Tenshi seems to have problems understanding The Poors.
BlizzardeyeWonder wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:38 amMeanwhile Liya is good with computers and would probably lend a hand if asked, but she'd find Nick kinda boring tbh.
what a meanie

Will also hit you back up. Want to get through the backlog of people who posted in here first but there's definitely possibility for some stuff between Tenshi and Penny and I'm interested in hashing that out. See you then if I don't get lazy.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Jilly wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 amClover
- I think Melanie would feel... kinda bad for her? I think they'd at least be aware of each other being percussion section band geeks, but depending on how obvious Clover's vibe as an outsider is I think it'd be a case where Mel's maybe talked to her everyone once in a while as just kinda small talk/wellness checks kinda things.
Yeah the percussion band are actually in the list of people Clover actually talks to. Not, like, very often, but occasional small talk/wellness checks are basically what Clover's relationships are with the people she's acquainted with so this works with me.
Jilly wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 am- Linda could've possibly given her grief in middle school if you want something to go off of. Maybe not like one of her core tormentors but like def an auxiliary member who didn't help maybe but not so auxiliary Clover doesn't remember
*telltale font* Clover remembered that.
Jilly wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 am- if you want another weird conspiracy friend I can offer one Charlie
Not particularly into the idea of Clover having conspiracy friends but thank ye for the offer anyway.
Jilly wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 amNick
- again throwing Charlie for this, considering pinoy squad relations/getaway driver if he needs it, maybe not into the doing things for a quick buck angle but she is into it if she gets 30% for helping him out.
jokes on her contributors get 35% she just talked herself into taking a lesser cut Works with me. Given the platoon connection and the fact that she assists rather than asks it's probably more akin to "this person is probably a friend" than "this person is useful for $$$$$$" in Nick's mind.
Jilly wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 am- gonna throw Abel at him as an outcast friend as well, also an Outkast friend tho yes i know they're hip hop not rap let me make this joke. Abel possibly also helps him with his side gig if you need one but does it for free out of the goodness of his heart and also that he's too dumb to work on commission. Nick probably wouldn't like being rapped at semi-regularly though, but I wanna see what you think.
Nick will take being rapped at semi-regularly if that is what friendship means. Given proximity and the fact that he helps out with the gig I'd imagine that... yeah, Nick would be pretty solid friends with Abel.
- Isidore and Melanie would both be very off-put by him, though probably enough they'd just stay in their own lanes
a modern day tragedy pensive emoji
Jilly wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 amTeddy
- Linda's a gamer and a girl so maybe there's something there even though she could also be kind of put off by him maybe
...raincheck on this for now since I think I'd need to develop Teddy a bit more before determining how he would feel about Linda's Lindaness but at the very least he's not a capital G gamer so _maaaaybe_ he's okay enough for her? maybe?
Jilly wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 am- Isidore is left-wing but really kinda centrist and stuff so if he wants a kinda dumb friend/free therapist he's there if you want him
Works with me.
Jilly wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 am- might have something with Melanie also with their shared experiences of losing a parent really early on but idk, up to you
...Probably wouldn't really have something, mainly because Teddy's mom died right when he was about 15. sry.
Jilly wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 amPenny
- Isidore wouldn't like her because of her hedonism and nihilism but also eat the rich
its ok everybody gets h8rs every now and then
Jilly wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:29 am- Abel is kinda hedonistic too so maybe there's the possibility of FRIENDSHIP there idk
Hedon friends that she goes out to party/drink with is definitely something Penny vibes with. In addition she's a rapper and he's a rapper so she might be one of the people who can deal with him rapping at them. He better prepare for the comeback bars though. She won't hold back just because they're friends.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

VoltTurtle wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:14 pmKitty and Clover would probably get along (and Kitty might be the one person that Clover would say had it worse than her) due to various commonalities, but the problem is they don't share any explicit groups, and there's no way that Kitty would approach Clover on her own. So unless Clover went out of her way to befriend Kitty (which it doesn't seem like she'd do) I doubt they'd actually be friends.
...Let me put a raincheck on this. I think I have an idea of how the two could probably find each other/be FRONDS but it requires collaboration with someone else and I just wanna make sure it's possible to do that before I commit to anything here.

Also bold to assume that Clover would ever think that somebody's had it worse than her.
VoltTurtle wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:14 pmAs for the others, I can't imagine either Natasha or Lúcio would be very attached to any of them with the sole exception of... Teddy... in which case Lúcio might want to befriend and recruit him to the Body Improvement Club, while Natasha would be flabbergasted by his mix of conservative and left-wing viewpoints.
Both of these work with me — and Teddy would probably be in the Body Improvement Club if offered. Have some ideas for some Teddy/Kitty stuff and more vaguely some Penny/Natasha stuff but I have a queue to get through and I'm tired so those shall also be rainchecked (though hopefully with a greater chance of me cashing it in.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Kotorikun wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:18 pm hello yugikun from sotf
hello kotorikun from kotorikuns.tumblr.com
Kotorikun wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:18 pmFor Penny I can see a possible past relationship between her and Matt or a hookup works too. Her personality sounds like the type he'd get along with and he's within the social crowd as well.
Works with me — both the friendship part and the possible relationship and/or hookup part. Hookup probably works better for the sake of them still being friends because the relationships she had in year ten and below likely ended messy but otherwise I'm down.
Kotorikun wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:18 pmIndigo is into music and his parents are both musicians, but he doesn't play any instruments. He'd follow her Soundcloud and enjoy her music but would lowkey or highkey depending on the day wanna fight her since he likes to mess with certain types of people;
Loosely interested in what about Penny that makes Indigo wanna FIGHT but he's a fan so Penny'll be chill with whatever he tries to do. Being liked doesn't really matter too much so much as somebody respects her.
Kotorikun wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:18 pmwhich also leads me to Nick. Indie has definitely thrown some money at him.

Althea probably felt bad for Nick at some point and paid him 10 bucks to take a break or something.
Nick appreciates the patronage. Indigo would probably be more just standard client/Nick relationship but he'd probably be slightly more fond of Althea if mainly because she just kinda gave him money for nothing.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Yonagoda wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:06 am Hello I have new kids and. Giselle Modisette Meme Master would probably be Penny's friend- party? fashion? Heck yeah. They both make music and have fans, and Miss Giss Goddess would be willing to do collabs.
hell yeah lets make some music
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “V8 Pregame Planning”