V8 Concepts Question Game (classic version)

Old style

Discuss anything and everything that has to do with SOTF here -- from your favorite character to comments and suggestions about the site! This forum also contains roleplaying guides for your benefit!
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

You get to start a country. What's your flag look like. What symbols are you gonna choose and what do they mean? What colors?
Katelyn: Umm... I'd put a cat on it, because I like kitties. Maybe I'd draw it myself? Oh! I can make the background a cute pastel pink, and then have a white kitty on the front. Or maybe a nice pastel green with a black kitty like Mr. Whiskers! Um... they wouldn't really mean anything, I just like them. :3
Natasha: I know what you're thinking, you probably expect me to put the hammer and sickle on my flag. I would not, however, do something so basic. The background of the flag would of course be red, as a symbol of communism. The foreground would then contain a red star (another symbol of communism) on a white circle, which would symbolize the unity of the working class.
Lucio: I feel like it might be a mistake to let me of all people start a country, but, eh. I'd get a professional graphic designer to design the flag and make it as geometric and abstract and messy as possible, as a reflection of what that country is about to turn into as soon as I'm in charge.

Question:
Lucio: You're in a submarine at the bottom of an ocean, and you discover a new species of deep water fish, one that has no eyes, but has prominent teeth and is pure white. You have naming rights, so what do you name it?
THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU. READ ABOUT THEM AND PREPARE YOURSELF.
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson
Pregame: -#->
Memory: -#-#->
Prom: -#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-|

Richard Smith
Memory: ->
V7: -#-#-#-#-|

Ming Robinson
Memory: ->

Amber Yates
Pregame: -#-#->
Memory: -#-#->
Prom: -#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-|
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:
G013: Penelope Fitzgerald
G046: Isabel Ramirez

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Image G005: Madeline Wilcox
Image G030: Sara Corlett
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

VoltTurtle wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:01 pm Question:
Lucio: You're in a submarine at the bottom of an ocean, and you discover a new species of deep water fish, one that has no eyes, but has prominent teeth and is pure white. You have naming rights, so what do you name it?
Dave: I auction off the naming rights to the highest bidder. Getting your name in a marine biology textbook has gotta be worth something, right?
Juanita: Oh... I guess I'd want to name it after myself? It'd be nice to have a bit of a lasting legacy, even if it's not the most flattering one...
Rebekah: It's so pretty! I guess I'd want to call it Lacrimosa Eburnea, which is Latin for "tears of ivory."
Karin: It's a bottom dweller that's white, blind to everything around it, and has good dental care. I'll name it after one of the cheerleaders.

Question:
Karin: What's the dumbest or most useless thing that adults have ever told you?
SHSL Awkwardness#1092 on Discord, hit me up for character discussions.
V8 concepts
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Hades: "You need a college degree if you want to do anything with your life." That's more obvious like, every day that it's a load of bull. If you wanna go, that's fine, but don't put yourself like thousands of dollars into debt for a scrap of paper.

Vladimir: I can tell by the very nature of the question that you are the sort of person who doesn't receive wisdom well. Why else would you be so predisposed to ignoring or discounting the words of your elders? Perhaps if you were to spend more of your energy toward learning, you'd be able to move on up in the world. What is the stupidest thing I've ever been told by an adult? I know not your exact age and highly doubt you are an adult (and if you are, I give my condolences to your family and the educational system that so clearly failed you) but if you are, then the most useless thing one has told me is the mindless drivel you dare call a question. Take your leave of me.

Lynn: "Don't you know wrestling is fake?" Ugh. The fuck outta here.

Ruth: "If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life!" Lies, LIES I tell you! Just because you love something doesn't mean it isn't work! I feel like, like, too many kids give up on their passions because they're told it shouldn't feel like work and then WHOOPSIE DAISY, it does! It's wicked hard work, but I love my girls!

Question: Hey, do you collect anything? If you don't collect something but would still like to, what would it be?
Irredeemable

Post by Irredeemable »

Max: "Collect something? Too broke for that. If I had the opportunity though? Guitars I think, probably. I've got one but I had to scrimp and save for that so, yeah. As many guitars as I could afford I guess."

Benji: "Honestly? Nah, and I wouldn't want to either. Stuff just collecting dust in my house isn't exactly what I'd have in mind."

Jess: "I'm going to let my privalige show here but... I have a little jewelery collection. Not very big, but hey, accessorising well is the key to a good overall appearance! It's the small things."

Question: What's the dumbest thing you've ever fallen for?
All the world's a stage, all the men and women, merely players.
[+] V8, The Irredeemable Menace

Max McKormicK:"What do you call a kid with one eye? Sick of your shit."

Benji Beecham:"It's weird... Apparently people who call you a snowflake get really offended when you don't identify the way they think you should?"

Jessica Lee-Smith:"It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm sure we'll get along great!"
Cicada

Post by Cicada »

Cedar - Apparently, anime isn't actually real? I'm heartbroken!

... Like, there used to be a time that I swore America was literally in charge of the whole world because my older sister insisted it was true. I think I still kind of believed it even after I moved here. Oh, also. You should ask my friends too. They probably remember times I was, like, up my own ass gullible.

Callie - It's hard to get sheeple-d when you know that there's no such thing as trust.

I mean it, think about it. Really carefully. Memory is flawed. Can't trust yourself, right? Let alone other people.

[Ash and Salem casually gesture at each other]

Salem - I dunno, I probably mixed up one of Coda's memes for actual school news. Like, dude, would any of us be surprised if the athletics department actually had to get coup-ed by the CIA for being third-world poor?

Ash - The way I see it, it's the fact that I used to have that whole external locus of control thing going on. 'The world is fucked up and nothing matters' blah blah blah, you and I both know this. But honestly that just means it's even more important to, like, say: 'fuck it, fuck this prolapse we call life', and. You know? Fight harder for it. It's like, I've realized that I can see the grime and rust that traps all of us to the system. You know, it's like... symbiotic, pasting us by the skin to the uncaring corrupt elite and toxic media. I can literally see it like it's a rash, it's all over me. But it can't hold me back. Can't stop me. Anyone who still thinks that they can't change, that they can't make a difference, yeah. I feel sorry for them.

Soo-bin - Ah, well...

I try to keep an open mind. My friends have shown me that whatever I think is wrong just has to be looked at a different way. So I guess I couldn't, um. Uh. Say? I couldn't say I've ever totally felt stupid believing in something.

Question - What is the one thing you most want to change, about yourself specifically, that would probably be the most controversial to admit?
V8 Vibes:
[+] Peace Only Under Liberty
Character Relation Planner! - I'll be responding to proposals and ideas in increments, please be patient!
V7 Vibes:
[+] Cicada Uses A Gun For The First Time
ImageB008, Demetri Futscher - Captain Of The USS Dekcuc - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
Image G018, Beryl Mahelona - Sleepyhead - 1 *
ImageG040, Camila Cañizares - Nightingale - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 *
ImageG060, Princess McQuillan - a flimsy purpose - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 *
ImageG065, Kelly Nguyen - everyone's friend - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Updated Character Appearances - Updated July 2020
Pregame Relationships
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Ren: Oh...mm. That's a toughie. I mean, I don't really want to be neurotypical, but there are still...some things. Like, I wouldn't mind being better at reading how people react to me. Like, I don't know what you're really thinking right now, about me. Is this a pleasing answer? An upsetting answer? Amusing in a good way or bad way? Which isn't to say that I want to change myself to please others, of course...or maybe it is? I hope not. Erm. Heck. What was the question again? I got sidetracked, sorry.

Alice: Well, I've got an answer for you, but I don't want to say it and you don't want to hear it. Let's go with another one, yeah? How about...I wish I had more style. Yes, even when I'm getting dirty. It's stupid, but...yeah.

Birch: Nice try, parents! I'll never say anything! Okay, but actually don't tell anyone who might tell my parents, okay? Actually, don't tell anyone. Just to be safe. Um. On second thought. Oh shit, I've already said too much, haven't I. Fuck it. I wish I had the guts to break one of my fingers. There!

Next question: Is there a place that you like to go to when you feel overwhelmed? Why do you think you seek out that spot in particular? What's that place like?
Irredeemable

Post by Irredeemable »

Max: "My room. It's not that complicated. Getting some privacy is all I need most of the time, since when I feel overwhelmed it's usually thanks to other people."

Benji: "Gym. I mean, that's my response to everything really, but what can I say. If I'm overwhelmed it's helpful to let my body go on autopilot- I could do my gym circuit in my sleep by now, so it just sort of lets my body do its thing, and you get that nice hit of all the good brain juices as a reward to boot."

Jess: "Probably... Out with some friends? A problem shared and all that! COVID s u c k e d for me, being locked up inside, no way to go out with my girls... But now that's mostly over and we're back to business! Actually, speaking of COVID..."

Question: "I know nobody wants to think about 2020 again, but what thing did COVID stop you from doing? Ooh! Or, what didn't you do during lockdown that you wish you had done?"
All the world's a stage, all the men and women, merely players.
[+] V8, The Irredeemable Menace

Max McKormicK:"What do you call a kid with one eye? Sick of your shit."

Benji Beecham:"It's weird... Apparently people who call you a snowflake get really offended when you don't identify the way they think you should?"

Jessica Lee-Smith:"It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm sure we'll get along great!"
Slam

Post by Slam »

Teddie: "Hahaha, hey, um, can we not? That topic's kind of triggering, you know?"

Spuds: "I missed being able to play lacrosse with the team. Wish I could've done something to help out, but I couldn't think of anything. It was a tough time, I'm glad we're back to normal."

Question: A stranger collapses in the street in front of you, and you're all alone. What do you do?
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Question: A stranger collapses in the street in front of you, and you're all alone. What do you do?
Laci: The most responsible thing to do, in that case, would be checking if they need help. If it turns out to be a medical emergency, I could find a way to drive them over to the ER. I'm not a heartless monster.

Elodie: ... details? Is this "oh no I tripped" or "oh no I fainted"? Were they carrying a bunch of stuff? How nasty is the fall, did they hit their head? Need more details!!!

Ashlee: Ah, poor person. They definitely need help. I'll give them whatever they need.

Ty: Psh. Don't you know how sketchy it is to be all "okay bye" in that case? The answer is obvious.

What are your thoughts on Salem and its culture?
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

What are your thoughts on Salem and its culture?
Erika: "...Eh, not much? Not many thoughts. I'm not really aware of that stuff. Best I'll say is that I made some money from wannabee witches- nothing against them, just that I don't really think my rat bones are actually going to do anything? This place is so rooted in this little slice of its own history, like sometimes when I say that this is where I'm from, the whole witch thing is all that they think of, when there's so much more- the fishing, the architecture, the way that- Like, all I'm saying is that it's a good city to live in but jeez. Can they tone the witch thing down? And, also, the parks and trails are OK, I guess."

Gabrielle: "...No opinion, honestly. Like, maybe if I have an outside perspective I can tell apart the little details, but it just feels so normal- though maybe it's because I'm a loser who never goes out. There's a disappointing lack of rad goth vibes, too. Or any rad vibes at all. It's all very, like, plain, videogame suburbia energy- nothing cool like what my dumb friends from, like, Washington or some shit would think."

Lorenzo (genderbent them on a whim): "Like, so, I don't wanna jump immediately on the race bandwagon, allright? But all I'm saying is that, at least from my mom's side, there's, like, so little Asians and you know that thing with Asian- Chinese, specifically, kids sticking together? Yeah, that! I dunno. It feels so isolating sometimes. Like, sure, I'm glad that this place is pretty liberal and there's, like, a huuuugggeeee punk subculture and also queer kids in the school but it's a little different amongst the group mom and dad hangs out with and in my neighborhood, at least, like, on average? Other than that it's pretty cool though. Nice food, nice view, nice deer family that always passes by my front lawn every year. They're super cute, I swear I saw them have a new kid! I named them daisy (:"

Betty: "I mean... It's literally Salem. So, you know. The witch thing- kinda overblown, but also super endearing. It's a lot less of a big deal if you actually live here, but it's the thing people always focus on, right? Other than that, I mean, there buildings are nice. The beaches aren't exactly the best, but they're pretty good- I mean, I'm not the beachwalking type but it's like free asmr sometimes. Anyways... it's super historical. Like, as old and historical as an American town can get, honestly- but I don't really care about it that much. You're... well, I don't wanna sound mean but I'm not really up to date and I'm super focused on a bunch of other stuff so I don't know that much about the details of this place and its history. I don't really like it much here, for some reason- it just feels like there's so much more and interesting places to be..."

Isaiah: "I love it! Super rich history, a bunch of friends that share my beliefs great natural views, and great seafood! What's not to love? Salem's sorta a place I feel like I would be super connected to, even if I'm not born here, you know? Like this is where I'm meant to be. And I don't ever want to leave, either- this is home. This is where my family and friends are. I feel loved and like I belong... Sorry, was that too romantic? Basically, I'm saying it's pretty neat here."

Question time! If your life is a piece of fiction, what genre would it be, and would it be a good or enjoyable show/book/whatever? Would you want to watch it?
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

Ren: Probably a slice of life coffeeshop AU? But with some drama mixed in. Not gonna be interesting to everyone, but I'd watch it.

Alice: I don't know, some kinda angsty moody drama that's a little too monochromatic for my taste. The woods are lonely, yeah, but they're alive, you know. Or maybe I'd be in some kinda misunderstood genius scientist movie, but god, I hope not. Anyways. I don't think I'd watch either, no.

Birch: It'd be one of those goddamn movies about music competitions, with, like, tournament arcs and stuff, and I'd probably be the rival who practices way too much and is an *obsessive perfectionist* who *doesn't really see the music in the notes* and in the end I get defeated by the goddamn girl who slacks off and but it's okay because she plays *with passion* and everyone gets to learn that--sorry, I can't, I just fucking can't.

Question: You have died, but Death has offered to play a game with you. Win, and you get to return to the world of the living. What game do you pick, and why?
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

Zetsu wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:33 pm Question: You have died, but Death has offered to play a game with you. Win, and you get to return to the world of the living. What game do you pick, and why?
Matthew: I don't fucking know, Rainbow or something? The dude goes around reaping people's souls or whatever, he's not gonna know how to use a gaming console or a computer or whatever the fuck we play it on. Easy 1v1.

Alex: Well-well, you don't, uh, y-you don't know what he's good at, you know? So, uhm, so, uhm, dice or some kind of chance card game thing, you know? Y-y-you know at the least you got like- you have a 50/50 of like, winning, yeah.

Question: You're walking down a dark alleyway at night and you hear footsteps behind you. What do you do?
[+] The Future
Alex Avanesian has a theory.
Matthew Bell wishes he didn't live in a blue state.
Jennifer Lintunen is vibing to music.
Madeleine Molliqaj got something really cute at the thrift store!
Zacharias Smith thinks you're annoying.
Gundham

Post by Gundham »

Question: You're walking down a dark alleyway at night and you hear footsteps behind you. What do you do?
Dave: I spin around to face them, my fists clenched and the ready, and a sales pitch resting lightly on the tip of my tongue.
Juanita: Oh gawd... I look back, and if it's someone sketchy, I get out of there right away, maybe call my mom...
Rebekah: First I check to see if it's not one of the werewolves or the witches, or Randolph trying to sneak up on me. They do that sometimes. If it's some stranger or something, I probably vault a fence and take off.
Karin: Wh-WHAT? I'm not going out at night, are you crazy? I put on my emergency sunglasses, get into the nearest building and barricade the door until sun-up!

What's the worst present you got for your last birthday?
SHSL Awkwardness#1092 on Discord, hit me up for character discussions.
V8 concepts
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Gundham wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:34 am
Dave: I spin around to face them, my fists clenched and the ready, and a sales pitch resting lightly on the tip of my tongue.
Juanita: Oh gawd... I look back, and if it's someone sketchy, I get out of there right away, maybe call my mom...
Rebekah: First I check to see if it's not one of the werewolves or the witches, or Randolph trying to sneak up on me. They do that sometimes. If it's some stranger or something, I probably vault a fence and take off.
Karin: Wh-WHAT? I'm not going out at night, are you crazy? I put on my emergency sunglasses, get into the nearest building and barricade the door until sun-up!

Ren: One friend... uh, gave me weed. I don't smoke weed and I panicked and basically called a friend and was like "hey I have this blunt and I'd hate to throw it away can you get it" because I felt weird refusing the gift?

Giselle: 10 reddit gold awards from an online friend.

Noah: New jeans that didn't fit me- and that was my only gift.

Erika: I haven't really... gotten gifts for my birthday, like ever. My dad just gives me 50 bucks and my mom buys a cake and that's how I celebrate it.

Betty: A giant bag of discount Costco chocolate.

Isaiah: A mug that was meant for my brother Micah... had his name on it and everything.
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

((Yona forgot to give a question, so I'll use the last one for now))
Laci: Hm, does a cake count? Last birthday we ordered a custom cake, but the bakery forgot to make it vegan. It put quite a damper on the evening. It worked out, though.

Elodie: Honestly? It's kinda gross to be like 'ew, blargh!' when people give you stuff. I'm just happy I have things to fill my lair.

Ashlee: Oh, oh gosh! I once got a figure for an anime I had never even watched. It was definitely thoughtful, though, and I sat down and watched it afterward. It was an okay show, but I still have the figure.

Ty: Y'know, I can be a hard person to shop clothes for, because, well, look at me! *gestures at self* I don't have body image issues, far from it, actually. But one disadvantage of being big is that finding clothes that fit can be difficult. It's reached the point where I've asked people to avoid the clothes aisle, and let me deal with it. Otherwise, it ends up returned, and nobody wants that. *grin*

Question: What's the last YouTube video you've watched?

Return to “Roleplaying Discussion”