The Definition of Insanity

Tagging Sh4de and Catche. PM if you REALLY need entry.

Following a well-worn path from the temple that leads behind the building and the memorial garden takes you to the cliff face itself. Featuring a sheer drop to the water and rocks below and no barrier of any kind, the edge of the cliff is not one for the faint of heart. A large roughly cut wooden sign has been haphazardly hammered into the ground here but whatever was originally painted upon it has long since washed away leaving only a shadow of a single word behind.
ItzToxie

The Definition of Insanity

Post by ItzToxie »

(( Marcus Volker continued from I’ll Get Mine. ))

It’s been three days now. Three days since he got ganked. Three days it’s been raining. Three days he’s been waiting, planning, seething.

The chainsaw was going to do him well, but he wasn’t gonna use it, not just yet, not unless he had to. He had something else in mind.

Three days was a lot of time to think. He assessed the situation, and plotted accordingly. Marco looked to the pile of loot to his left. On its own it was useless, it had no value. Put together however, it made a machine. A means to an end. An hour or two of looting the temple and the garden would bring him the tools needed to bear the fruits of his labor.

Marco had made his goal now. The announcements rang twice, taunting him, yet infusing him with hope at the same time. He had heard the same names over and over again. He didn’t give a shit. The names of the fallen didn’t rise nothing in him. Better you than me, he thought. Why’d he have to give a shit about people who didn’t give a shit about him? There were literally more fingers on one hand than there were people on this island he actually gave a rat's ass about.

No the real names that peaked his interest are the daily winners, sort of. It wasn’t who won, but what they won. He didn’t give a damn about some solipsistic French fry, or some Bigfoot hunting hipster, he wanted what they got.

Food. Actual cooked food. That added a whole new set of moving parts into play. Y’see, Marco’s first plan was to wait for one of the three musketeers on his shitlist to show up, only for him to bum rush them and cut them up into itty bitty pieces. Sure, it’d be fun. It’d be satisfying.

It would certainly be warranted, but he’d finished the crackers Adonis had gifted him and… he was pretty hungry. So… he reconsidered his actions and this new way? Well it was guaranteed to give him a good meal if he made it to the next day.

It would also be fun, satisfying, and warranted. Very, very warranted. It’d also send a neat little message to everyone here and back home. A very clear, concise, simple message that any brainlet potato can understand.

Marcus Volker was done fucking around.

So here he was, waiting, with a bunch of randomly looted objects he found lying around. That was a few hours ago. Right now, he was laying under the canopy of the treeline, just watching and waiting. He was getting impatient, but he forced himself to stay because honestly he wasn’t getting much done wandering around. He may as well conserve energy if he was going to be wasting time anyways.

Marcus froze when he heard footsteps in the distance through the pitter patter of rain. He squinted through the downpour at the figure making their way up the cliffs.

“Yeah… I recognize you, you son of a bitch. Will you recognize me?” He told himself under his breath.

It was time to put on his game face. He stopped and waited, mentally preparing himself for what he was about to do. He couldn’t help but to stifle a giggle. Things were going to turn around for him after all. He’ll get his, and when he does? Ain’t nobody going to see it coming!

Especially not Arjen...
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Shit.

Why the fuck would he return here? That was Marco, right? He stayed here? He never left?

Arjen was about to ask.

"Hey, Marco..."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Aw shit. He seen him. This was supposed to be an ambush! Bastard was supposed to get caught off gua-

"Heeey, Arjen. Long time no see, friend!" Marcus smiled, pulling his arms out to his sides as if preparing for a hug. He lowered his arms as he stepped closer, still smiling. "How are you doing this fine, rainy, morning?" Marco clasped his hands together as he kept eye contact with Arjen. Ooooohhh man.... You have no idea how fucked you are!

Marco put his right hand on Arjen's left shoulder. "Y'know, I really thought this was it when you walked away. It's been what? Two days now?" Marcus put his left hand on Arjen's other shoulder. "Why'd you come back?"

Marco stared into Arjen's eyes and his smile disappeared. There was nothing but hate and discontent burning through his eye. His lip quivered, and he could just grab Arjen's throat and ring it right her-

Marco laughed. "Gawd, why are you so on edge, puppet man? Alright, look I get it. You still probably don't like me, but like... since you're here I'm just gonna cut the bullshit." Marco took a deep breath. "So, like yeah, you were right. When you left, people came, and they helped me out. Everything was fine and dandy for a bit, but shit happened and we all had to split up. I came back here because I thought they'd be around this area. Truth is, I'm kinda lost right now, and like, yeah I get it, you hate me and shit and I hate to ask, but honestly, I need you to do something for me."

"Arjen, I need your help with something." He kept his grip on Arjen's shoulders as he looked him in the eyes.

"I need you to deliver a message to a couple people..."

"Can you do this for me?"
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Why'd he come back? Because there was no way Marco was still there alive. Plus, he was familiar with the area. He could hide in the bushes and cry and cower until he dies there. Arjen carefully listened to Marco babbling and babbling. Geez, couldn't he just shut up for once?

Arjen was tasked with delivering a message?

"What message?"
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco looked left and he looked right. Nobody around. He smiled. He leaned in closer.

Closer.

Closer.

He was grinning like a mad man by the time he reached Arjen’s ear.

You’re my message.”

Marco reeled his head back suddenly, then shot it back forwards, sending his own forehead into Arjen’s.

“Aaaaaaarjeeeen.”

“Aaaarjeeeeen...”

“Wakey~Wakey~”

“Okay bitch. Wake the fuck up.”

Marco smiled as he saw Arjen’s eyes flutter open. That was a relief because Marco didn’t want him dead, at least not yet, that came later.

He was laying down on top of Arjen, his elbows on top of Arjen’s chest as he rested his head in his hands. He kicked his legs up and down behind him.

He took one of his hands and booped Arjen on his nose.

“Buddy, you have no idea how fucked you are...”
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

He...was still alive? What happened? Arjen woke up and was unsure about what had just happened. He tried moving his hands but he felt them being tied together. His legs also felt like they were trapped in some sort.

Fuck.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Arjen looked... hella blank. Honestly he was expecting a lot more thrashing and screaming. Marco was surprised.

“Goddamn... Do you even know where you are right now? Shit I didn’t hit you hard enough to give you brain damage did I?”

Marco hoped he hadn’t turned Arjen into a potato, because then it’d have just sucked all the fun out of it...

“Do you know why you’re here right now?”

Simple question. Marco expected a simple answer.
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

No. No, Arjen did not know.

"If you want to kill me just do it quick."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Wow.

Wow okay, that’s a change of pace. Check out the cajones on Arjen! Marcus laughed as he sat up on Arjen’s waist, staring down on him, he wasn’t sure if he was impressed or embarrassed.

“Well hellfire! Nice of you to finally grow a pair! Shit, where was that two days ago! Wow! Two days and he finally gets the message!” Marcus put his hands on his hips, shaking his head back and forth as he chuckled.

“Well shit Arjen...”

“Now I got another question, since you’re not so keen on answering my last one.”

He showed flashed Arjen a gappy grin as he spoke.

“What’s up with you? Did you get the pussy beaten out of you or what? Did you just come across a can of D.B.A.B, and drink that shit like popeye’s spinach or were you always like that and just fucking with me?”

Marcus his his anger under laughter, but he felt heat rising up his face. This motherfucker wasn’t taking him seriously or something. He reminded him of Carl, acting like a pussy one second, then trying to act all hard the next. It’s as if Arjen forgot who he was talking to. Let’s change that up a bit.

Marco leaned over to the side, pulling his chainsaw into Arjen’s view and laying it on Arjen’s chest, before resting himself on the motor.

He didn’t crank it yet. Marcus laughed as he leaned in closer to Arjen.

“Arjen, lemme ask you sum’n... When you came back just to laugh at me, did you think there wouldn’t be consequences? Hell, if I was still stuck to that tree it’d have been two days... You know what two days tied to the tree in this pouring rain would have done to me? Do you have any idea? Any fucking clue at all?”

Marco shot up and leaned back, putting his hand on the ripcord of the saw. He didn’t pull it back, not yet.

“Ima make you a deal, okay? We’re gonna play a little fucking game. There’s... hmmm two levels. Two. This is level one. The rules are really, really simple.”

Marco wasn’t smiling anymore.

“I’m gonna ask you a question, and you’re going to answer it. If you say something that ain’t related to my question, then I’m gonna cut your head off. If you want out, then just say what you just said again, and I’ll give you exit number one as promised.”

Marco shook his head.

“I don’t care what it is, I just want the truth. Don’t tell me something you think I wanna hear. Don’t sugar coat it. Tell me as bluntly and straightforwardly as you can, and I promise you won’t taste saw. That’s it... that’s the only rule. Tell me the truth. If you lie to me, then I’m gonna cut off both your heads, starting with the useless shriveled up one.”

Marco leaned forward again.

“When you came back here today, what were you hoping to find? What did you want to do?”
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Shutupmarcoshutupmarcoshutupmarcoshutupgodfucking

Arjen couldn't listen to his voice anymore, these taunts, this constant TALKING. If he had only lost his tongue instead of his eye. He wanted to interrogate him? Threatening to kill him, to cut his dick off.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You want to spend your last days on earth cutting dicks off?"

Arjen grumbled.

"I came here for the cheetos."
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Volker stared stunned at Arjen over his answers.

Cheetos.

He didn’t come back for him. He came back for cheetos...

So yeah, Arjen wasn’t taking Marco seriously. Marco just threatened to cut his jimmy off, and all he could say is that he came for Cheetos. Cheetos! The absolute nerve! The absolute disrespect!

This would be so infuriating if it wasn’t so... funny.

Marco leaned over the engine of his saw and broke down laughing.

It was loud and uproarious, his cackle could be heard a mile away. He laughed, laughed and laughed, and when he couldn’t he wheezed and laughed some more.

His hollers slowed as he looked up into Arjen’s eyes.

“Chk-ch-CHEEETOS! Pfff-HAAAAA-PFFT-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

He doubled over again.

“I can’t breath! Haha ha- I cant breath!”
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Arjen smiled too. He was glad he could deescalate the situation.
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“Alright, alright... you passed level one.”

Marco picked up the chainsaw and put it to the side. He sniggered a little thinking about the cheetos remark. Fuck, it almost made Marco feel bad about what’s about to happen next.

It almost did, but it didn’t. Marco got off of Arjen and stood up to his side, revealing the ropes that tied up his hands and feet. The ones tied around his feet weren’t just for his feet however. They coiled up and lead to a big grey rock, roughly the size of a cinderblock. The large grey slab was rather close to the edge of the cliff.

“Welcome to level two. I’ll keep it sweet and spare you the details. You know the rules by now. This time you get three chances to answer. ”

Marcus clasped and rubbed his hands together. “So!” He smiled at Arjen.

“Give me a reason why I shouldn’t take you on a ride.”
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

He really was going to do it, wasn't he? Shitshitshit a reason a reason.

"It wasn't my fault it happened to you!"
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

Marco wasn’t smiling anymore as his foot pressed against the rock, sliding it closer to the edge. Arjen was scared now. This was a lot more familiar.

“Wrong. You coulda warned me they were coming, but you didn’t. You could have helped peel me from the tree, but you didn’t. You taunted me, you had the nerve to come back and taunt me, then your dumbass came back here again to taunt me two days later.”

Marco walked off towards a nearby pile of foliage on the cliff’s edge and rummaged around. When he found what he was looking for, he moved back to Arjen and the rock.

“You had two, Two chances to help me, and you didn’t. Now you only have two chances to help yourself.” He unwadded the yellow and red plastic in his hand before tossing it down at Arjen’s face.

“Here’s your friggen Cheetos... Now tell me why I shouldn’t teach you how to fly.”

Return to “The Cliff”