Skeletons and Spaghetti

Open~

The Cochise cafeteria is a large, open room with tile floors and round tables scattered throughout. It has wide, tall windows which provide excellent lighting, though the view through them is generally uninteresting, revealing the front of campus and the street beyond. To get food, students travel along a line marked off by duct tape on the floor, to a counter where the cafeteria employees offer both school-prepared lunches and various (more expensive) brand-name foods. The school food is alright but unspectacular, but the line tends to be long and the table space is limited; if students arrive anywhere after the start of the lunch period, they can easily find themselves spending half the period in line and then unable to find a seat. As such, students often pack their own lunches, and many prefer to eat outside the cafeteria.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Penelope looked at Rene as she finally spoke up. She almost forgot the other girl was sitting at their table, since she had been so quiet.

Penelope turned her attention back to Astrid as she continued speaking. Once she finished, Penelope sat there for a moment, pondering what to say and how to say it in a way that would make sense to Astrid and her worldview.

"Well... the appeal is that I don't really have to think all that much. I can play Animal Crossing when I want to keep my mental stamina for difficult, important activities later on in the day." Penelope flicked a speck of food off the table, before continuing to speak. "It's sorta like how it's been scientifically proven that humans can only make a certain number of decisions in a day- it's why people who have to make a lot of decisions just wear the same thing over and over again because it doesn't require thought."

Penelope leaned back further in her chair before glancing at the lunchroom clock and realizing that she needed to get out soon if she wanted to meet up with her boyfriend between classes.

"Oh, shit. I need to go." Penelope said as she stood up and started getting her things together. "Sorry to interrupt, but I need to meet up with my boyfriend before class starts back up. See you later, Astrid."

Penelope slung her backpack over her shoulder before calmly walking away from the table, internally excited for the few minutes she'd get alone with her boyfriend before class.

((Penelope Fitzgerald continued elsewhere and in The Sweetest Things))
THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU. READ ABOUT THEM AND PREPARE YOURSELF.
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson
Pregame: -#->
Memory: -#-#->
Prom: -#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-|

Richard Smith
Memory: ->
V7: -#-#-#-#-|

Ming Robinson
Memory: ->

Amber Yates
Pregame: -#-#->
Memory: -#-#->
Prom: -#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-|
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:
G013: Penelope Fitzgerald
G046: Isabel Ramirez

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Image G005: Madeline Wilcox
Image G030: Sara Corlett
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Well that had been... enlightening.

Astrid watched Penelope go, mind working at its usual million miles per hour pace, face practically unreadable. It was actually quite a shame, really. She had been, dare she say it, enjoying talking with the other girl. It had been quite fascinating, really. Their views on the world couldn't be less alike, and yet, miraculously, it hadn't devolved into a screaming match. Maybe this day could still be salvaged.

She didn't hold a grudge against Penelope for leaving, either. She hadn't known the girl had a boyfriend; after all, this was pretty much the first time the two of them had talked to any great length. Astrid did know how drastically your schedule had to change when you were in a relationship, though. Fair play to Penelope for keeping it up. To Astrid, it was simply another unappealing facet of dating that drove her away from the whole idea. Still, she wasn't petty; you could do whatever the fuck you wanted in terms of relationships, so long as it didn't directly piss her off.

Yeah. Astrid was pretty confident she could say she liked Penelope.

This other girl, however...

Astrid was absolutely certain she wasn't going to get anything interesting out of her. She probably blindly assumed that Astrid knew her name off by heart, for a start, and any other attempts at conversation had been spectacularly unspectacular. And as for this food, for lack of a better term... well, there really wasn't anything keeping her here anymore.

Astrid stood up, carefully sliding her chair back under the table, not even sparing a second glance at the other girl. Well, today had certainly perked up a little bit. Hopefully it'd stay that way until it was time to leave.

Odds were, Astrid was going to get into another argument within the hour.

(Astrid Tate continued in The Dynamo of Volition))
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Aura

Post by Aura »

Rene just sat there awkwardly for a moment after everyone left.  Come to think of it, maybe she should have tried to say something at one point.

Ow well, water under the bridge now.  Class started in five minutes, and she would be damned if she was going to hand in her history homework late.  She tossed her lunchbag and went on her way.

((Rene Wolfe continued elsewhere))

Return to “Cafeteria”