SOTF Song Contest #21

Who run the world?

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Laurels

SOTF Song Contest #21

Post by Laurels »

Hello everyone!

After the Disco Fever subsided, Pancapples and The Lord of Awesome were unfortunately too exhausted to carry on hosting duties, so I, in the midst of polishing my bronze medal, accepted the position of Song Contest host. I am pleased to assume this position, and I hope you're all ready for the next contest.

Now, as a refresher, these are the rules of the SOTF Song Contests:

- submit your song via PM or discord, whichever's easier for you

- songs will be randomly divided into 2 or 3 semifinals depending on turnout. if you're going to be away at some point in the next couple of weeks, let me know and I can try to put your song in a round when you'll be here.

- listen to every song and give points to your top 10 favorites: 12 to your favorite, 10 to your second, 8 to your third, 7 to your fourth, and so on down to 1 point for your tenth favorite.

- if your song is in a given round, you must vote that round or you'll be eliminated. if your song isn't in that round (or you aren't in the contest at all), your vote will be counted as a public vote, which counts for half points.

- the top [x] songs will move on to the final. that number depends on the number of contestants.

- repeat the process for the finals and we get a winner.

- winner gets to hold the next contest, or they can pass the job along to 2nd place if they don't want to. 2nd place can pass down to third, etc, until someone wants to host.

song rules:
- no eurovision songs
- no reality show/competition covers
- no songs already submitted in a songtest. Please read the Master Song List to see what songs have been submitted.
- there is no penalty for length in this contest. however, if a song goes over 7 minutes, listeners aren't obligated to listen to more than the first 7 minutes of the song. so choose a long song at your own risk!

each semifinal and the final will last for four days.
- if you know at the start of your semifinal that you wont be available to vote for those four days, let me know asap and I can move you to another semi, if we aren't on the final one already.

Now, for this contest's theme?

That's right!

THEME: GIRL'S NIGHT

For this contest, we will be celebrating the best and most inspiring female musicians out there. We're looking for female anthems, inspirational songs, or songs about just how damn good it is to be a woman (incidentally, "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain was used in a previous contest and can't be used for this one). Basically, we want the best songs from your favorite female artists.

Now, some additional rules and guidelines for song selection:

1. Your song must be performed by a female artist. This does include any transgender women or non-binary singers who present as female.
2. If you are selecting a song by a band, the song itself must be sung by a woman. There can be men in the band, but the vocals must be primarily performed by a woman. There can be male backup vocals, but the heavy lifting has to be a woman (ex. CHVRCHES is composed of two men and one woman, but to use any of their songs, you must pick a song primarily sung by Lauren Mayberry and not Martin Doherty. If there's a song that's primarily sung by Lauren and Martin does some background vocals, it will count).
3. Song content can be about anything, but to have some fun with it, aim for the kind of songs you wouldn't see male artists submit. Basically, if you think a group of women would sing this song loudly, it'll fit.

I'll do sign-ups for the next two days, or until I get submissions from 28-30 handlers. You may submit via board PM or Discord.

Have at it!
Contestants:
(Italics means contestant has yet to submit a song)
1. Laurels
2. Maraoone
3. RC
4. Cicada
5. Buko
6. Brackie
7. Fenris
8. Empress Plush
9. Cactus
10. Shiola
11. Espi
12. Ohm
13. Endellion
14. CrossbowPig
15. Dr. Freud
16. Lord of Awesome
17. Slam
18. dmBoogie
19. Jilly
20. Pancapples
21. Aura
22. MurderWeasel
23. Ruggahissy
24. Kermit
25. Ares
26. MK Kilmarnock
27. DN
28. Skraal
29. Deamon
30. Riki
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Also note that the theme has been modified a bit, so if you see the new theme and want to submit a different song, please do so by the deadline.
Espi

Post by Espi »

I'm in sure why not.
Spindarene

Post by Spindarene »

I am so in.
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

I'm in, yo!
Slam

Post by Slam »

I know many fine women artists so sure why not.
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

in
Pancapples

Post by Pancapples »

in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in
Aura

Post by Aura »

I think I'll do this.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Very in.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Ares

Post by Ares »

In
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Joining yeah
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

I'm in!
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Less than 24 hours to sign up if you still want to compete. We have two vacancies if you want to join, but we can add spaces if more want to join.

I'm still missing song submissions from some handlers. Please submit them before the deadline. If you are unable to submit by the deadline, you will be automatically pushed to the second round.

Once the deadline passes, we will not allow any additional entries or any changes in song submission, so anyone who wants to change their song should do so before then. Once the deadline passes, it's ride or die with what you've sent me.

Thanks!

Return to “Song Contests”