D&D Mafia Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:43 am I'm halfway to wondering if we have no real cop and Miller is a red herring since a bodyguard, a jailer, and a real doc would be so much protection in a game this small so maybe we have like, a flavor cop and a tracker or some other combo of decentralized investigation. Or maybe there are no strong power roles at all, Jailer is the only one we've seen and it's debatable
VOTE: Ricky

So basically I don't love Ricky's constant checking in yet dodging topics of discussion and pushing weird lines of inquiry. The phrasing of his denial's weird and strikes me as wiggly lie-detector evasion potentially, the ignoring of questions and requests to be filled-in speak of disengagement that the post frequency and count doesn't, he's in the pool of suspicion and therefore on my radar, and my other potential pick (Deamon) I realized is involved with OOC stuff presumably since it's his birthday and I'm not gonna bug him with a train given that (but I still want that feedback whenever you're back and able!).

What I want to maybe move my vote: Ideally a role-claim because hey, all that stuff I spelled out last time. Certainly some discussion of thoughts on the theory in play so far, the state of the game, and reads on the other five in the six-strong pool. Which three are the scummiest? If you're sure there aren't three who are scum, who outside the pool strikes you as likely to be?

Also, everyone else, anyone wanna get bard visited tonight? I can target whoever wants it and hey, worst that happens is scum wastes a block preventing my useless action.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

I'm not being 'wiggly' and avoiding lie detectors (do we even USE those here? I can't remember the last time in the game we had one), I legit had no fucking idea what people were talking about with all this shadow magic nonsense.

No. I don't use shadow magic. I don't know what shadow magic is. My role doesn't say anything about shadow magic. Specific enough?
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Visit me, I don't give a fuck.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Emprexx Plush wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:44 am
MK Kilmarnock wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:41 am Also if Paige is scum then that says really weird things about Toben and Zetsu, so now I REALLY want this flip on Fenris.
I'm so confused how fen keeps factoring in here, why not just push to lunch me?
*facepalm*

Because Fenris seems to be scumreading you despite the fact you've made a solid townclaim that Toben can confirm? So either they're lying or the two of you are in cahoots with each other (and Zetsu by extension). And since a large part of my thoughts seem to hinge on Zetsu vs Fenris, A Fenris flip would tell me a lot about that.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

MK Kilmarnock wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:59 am No. I don't use shadow magic. I don't know what shadow magic is. My role doesn't say anything about shadow magic. Specific enough?
No, because what I'm digging into is this:
MurderWeasel wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:26 pm
MK Kilmarnock wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:51 pm Sure. In my thoughts on Zetsu, I said that I was suspicious of Zetsu's response to the massclaim but I'm more suspicious of Fen for suggesting it as a bid to pick out likely candidates for the most dangerous power roles to scum. Asking for the votecount was to make sure I could put something down without getting us close to a hammer.
Can I get your thoughts on the mass-claim thing again given the current predicament (town has ~4 useless roles alive and outed on the table, leaving scum that same information of valuable targets while also letting them hide amongst the unknowns),
and this:
MurderWeasel wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:59 am
MK Kilmarnock wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:49 pm What the fuck is shadow magic? Also can you lay out the current town 'predicament' for me?
Town predicament is Paige claimed flavor cop and shared my role (accurately). This was then confirmed by Zetsu, who I targeted with an action that proves it. Fenris soft-claimed. If all is accurate (and I'd love to get your take if anything isn't!), this means that scum are distributed exclusively among the following:

Deamon
Jace
MK
Zetsu
Decoy
Randomness

Town's actually good roles are in the same pool. Thus, mathematically, we should probably mass-claim and plug anyone shady/without a good town role.
which have yet to be addressed, with instead the fairly simple "shadow magic" topic (which was tacked on at the end of those but has been excised to emphasize the skipped bits) tunneled in on.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

?????? i explicitly townread paige, minus my confusion on the shadow magic thing, but i dont really think thats on them
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

... I may have misread this.
paige is mafia. they slipped in mentioning the shadow magic as part of their flavor because they didn't realize it would implicate them.
Also I have told you that I don't like the idea of a mass roleclaim *twice* and I don't think I need to tell you a third time. I missed addressing that other thing though, you're right. Gimme a bit.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

I like that you tell me it's a 'fairly simple topic' and yet I legit had no idea what the fuck people were talking about. Kinda insulting my intelligence there but alright.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Spare me the reading back and tell me what Paige shared your role to be.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

toben's confirmed bard by paige via flavor cop investigation, zetsu also confirmed that she was visited by toben whose only ability seems to be the equivalent of a fruit vendor ie the person he visits hears music and nothing else. am i getting that right @ toben
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Oh fucking hell he even said 'who wants a visit from the bard' like four posts up

You know what, this is what I get for trying to be active. Fuck it. I'm just going to go radio silent again and if you lynch me you lynch me but fuck it. I contributed and that's more than some people can say.

Unvote
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Can we get a claim first? That'd super help narrow stuff down and certainly get me at least poking more in other channels.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

(Also it's late enough I'm out for the next ~20 hours or so due to incoming workweek, so don't expect big replies until that point.)
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

my nights are lonely without a button to press please give me a bard visit
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

Wow. You are REALLY pushing for this.

Fine. I'm screwing myself over but like I said, idgaf. I'm a paladin.

Return to “Mafia”