Eau-de-Nil

day 6 afternoon

The art exhibition is a designated path cutting all the way through the woods to the lookout where many pieces of art created by the community are presented. These pieces include surrealist sculptures, paintings and drawings hung off trees, and many others. It isn't uncommon for people to become disoriented trying to navigate the exhibition as it is sign-posted with what emotions or concepts the pieces represent rather than any actual directions.
Kotorikun

Eau-de-Nil

Post by Kotorikun »

"If you take out your gun, I will cut your fucking body,"

Adonis had said.

"Don't even think about calling for help."

"You're staying with me now."

[Declyn Grayson-Anthis continued from I Don't Wanna Be Myself]

Scrunching up his nose, Declyn looked down at his foot, feeling a slight pain from twisting it earlier. He tried to swallow the sticky feeling in his mouth from the smothering air, but that only made him more nauseous. Maybe it was also the blade of Adonis’ chainsaw nudging his back while he was walking in front of him that was bringing an unpleasant feeling to his stomach.

They had been walking for a while now after a short struggle where Adonis had clearly overpowered him. What were his plans exactly? Declyn wasn’t sure. If Adonis had finally gone mad, he wouldn’t blame him. It wasn’t the blow he expected after things seemed to pick up for the better in terms of finding people he trusted and working towards small goals, step by step, no rush, but also do rush because you don’t want to slack off, just find a good pace. If you planted your seeds, let them grow.

There was still room for worrying about Amelia (Where was she? Was she okay?), Cecil (Where was he? Was he okay?), now Camilla, Theo, Diego. He had been so close, soooooo close to talking to him to find out what happened and to explain himself too before the current terror had taken a hold of him.

At least the others were with him now. He wanted to believe that they were alright.

Declyn almost hit his head on a painting hanging off a low tree right at a circular passage made out of thick vines and branches, taking in a sharp breath. There were several of them, along with sculptures, drawings, especially of the surreal kind, that endorsed their path. Artistic structures that didn’t seem to make sense when combined, but most likely carried the ideal of the people that had lived here, an expression of their reaching out towards it. Or a reminder?

His eyes followed the circle above them like a cat’s following a spot of light. It made him feel like they could find so much more on this island, ideally a key to getting away from here.

He pursed his lips. Then he relaxed them.

“Can we st-uh, stop for a second?,” he asked, not turning. “I just need some water.”
[+] V7

ImageDeclyn Grayson-Anthis | aesthetics

last google search - "cool off on hot summer days help"
PREGAME – Past: 1 , 2 | Present: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 | Prom: 1 , 2
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ,9 , 10

ImageDane Lennox | aesthetics
last google search - "top ski resorts 2018"
ISLAND - 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

The threats had come very easy to his mind and the fact that he had actually let them out of his poisonous mouth didn't make things better. Although, it did give him a bit of a thrill to let himself be in control and he knew that Declyn never thought that he would be like this. He knew that his brain was mushed with broken pieces of a shattered mirror and he didn't care how far he would have to go to get his plan into action for Declyn to follow. Making Declyn his follower was going to take some time and he had questions of his own that he wanted to ask the other boy.

((Adonis Cohen continued from I Don't Wanna Be Myself))

Adonis glanced around at his surroundings for a brief moment and he suddenly felt a bit ill. Because of the art. It was making him think of him. Because this would be the kind of place that he would love. He didn't want to think about him and he forced his mind to think about Declyn who was still in front of him. He noticed that the boy was looking around in awe and curiosity and he was not going to admit that he found it kind of.... cute.

A airy laugh bubbled up in his throat.

He let the maniacal laugh out without a care in the world and he nudged Declyn in the back slightly with the chainsaw, making sure that Declyn knew that he was serious about not letting himself get fucked over by him.

"Sure, sure! We've been walking around for hours, yeah?" Adonis said with a nod and he didn't lower his weapon from Declyn's back, feeling rightfully wary about letting his guard down. "You better make sure that it's only the water that you are really getting out, Declyn. Otherwise, I'm gonna be really mad about you lying to me. I can't stand shitty, little liars."

He was now staring at Declyn's back, still smiling like it was the most normal thing in the world.

It wasn't. Not for him.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

A quick side glance.

An annoyed one, irritated by his words. Shitty little liar? It sounded like a bad parody. Sometimes you had to be a little liar to get out of certain situations. If he were, hypothetically, Adonis shouldn’t be surprised. Declyn flinched when the endless teeth of the chainsaw hit his back once more, but Adonis’ tone was what hurt the most. Where was the guy who had made sure that Cecil and he got home safely after #Swiftball? Had he always had other intentions?

Sealing your lips made your eyes talk but that’s what Declyn needed him to do right then; look into his eyes and make sure to keep eye contact. Head still facing forward, he let the strap of his bag slide down his arm until it hit the ground with a gentle thud. He turned and studied his face for a moment, before glancing down at the chainsaw and lastly at his bag.

“What I wanted to ask,” Declyn started and crouched down, unzipping the duffel bag. The gun was inside and Adonis knew. He hadn’t taken it away. It’s not what Declyn was aiming for anyway. He did indeed go for the water, the special kind, the one he had made sure to mark properly to distinguish it from the others. But honestly, it wouldn’t matter.

“Who have you met so far?”

He got back up, lifting the bottle up after he opened it to meet up with his lips and let the water run into his mouth.
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis was making sure not to take his eyes off of Declyn as the boy had turned to look right at him and Adonis almost faltered under his stare. Almost. He felt his hand lower the chainsaw slowly so that it was at level with Declyn's stomach when Declyn got back up with his water bottle in hand and he wondered if he wanted to answer Declyn's question or not. How he had been with Myles.... How he had been with Marco.... How he had been with Tris- …T-Tristan....

He felt his grin falter a little.

Don't think about Tristan. Not now, Adonis.

"Hmmm. Well, I've been with a few people for a while. I was on my own for a bit before I..." Adonis didn't know why he didn't want to talk about people that he cared about. Two were dead. The other one was still alive for now. He wandered if he could find Myles again and he chuckled at the thought of Myles being mad at him again for walking off on his own. "...Well, you know what I did. And I don't regret taking you away from your friends."

He took a slight step closer to Declyn.

"I think-"
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Just wait for the right moment.

Wait for the right moment. What was Adonis saying?

More water filled Declyn's mouth, drugged water, but he didn't swallow any of it. His cheeks were slightly puffed. Don't make it awkward. Any time now, just a moment. He lowered the bottle slowly and Adonis not answering the question made him feel a bit frustrated but he couldn't wait too long and yes step closer, he had to do it

NOW.

Declyn spat the water in Adonis' face at the strongest blast he managed and without wasting another thought he grabbed his half open bag and

RAN.
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK?!

Adonis coughed a little as the water had hit him in the face and it had caught him off-guard. It was almost funny if Adonis was getting pranked by Zack again back at home but right now.... He was just kind of pissed off for being that naïve to let his guard down even for a second in front of Declyn. Now there was no way he could-

He just noticed that Declyn was running for his life and Adonis huffed in annoyance. He really didn't want to let Declyn go. Ever....

"HEY!!!!"

He then started his own chase after Declyn with a crazed look in his eyes, not caring about the cold water dripping down his face.

"GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE, DECLYN!!"
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

huff

pant

huff!

This felt like a PE class on a hot day out on a field with no shade that should be cancelled but your teacher either didn’t care or mind and let you run a couple of lapses. Add the absolute terror of fearing for your life and that was the current situation. Declyn couldn't, didn't want his weakness to take over him. While his mind told him he could collapse any moment, his body kept going.

Lungs expanding with the heat, he could hear his own breath trembling in his throat while he tried to fish his gun out of the bag.

He took a sharp turn to the left between two trees and didn’t look back.
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Adonis' ribs were making it a bit hard for him to breath and he was wheezing softly, trying to keep his eyes on Declyn's direction of running. He had messed up pretty badly with letting Declyn take advantage of the situation and now he was going to make sure to punish Declyn for what he had done. A smirk found its way on his face and he felt like he was on a high note. He didn't know why he was feeling such a rush over chasing Declyn through the trees. It was kind of....

"Fun."

He noticed that he had to make sure not to trip over some roots and branches as he was trying to keep an eye on when Declyn was heading. He was kind of impressed that Declyn had actually had the gall to fuck with him and he felt a more warm feeling of giddiness.

"I won't let you escape, Declyn!" He yelled as Declyn was disappearing more into the trees and he gritted his teeth in frustration. "...."

He forced himself to move more faster to catch up to the other boy.
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Steps felt light when your life depended on them.

But there always comes a point where your body just can't anymore and Declyn was slowly reaching exactly that. Light steps started to become physically heavy, the unbalance of mind of body creating more tension. His face was flushed red. He looked frightened when he managed to take a firm grip on his gun. Was he still there? Did he actually manage to get away? All he could hear was his own gasps and footsteps and birds and trees. He felt bad for the couple of art installations that he had knocked over, but he was sure the spirits of the past would understand if they still lingered around.

He made another sharp turn.

His pace slowed down. Declyn faltered in his steps. At the turn, he ran into a narrow path between two bushes and a tree, his legs faltered again and he fell down on his knees. He was short on breath.
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

A sound of footsteps were heard getting closer and closer.

At a rapid speed and heavy panting noises were breezing through the air.

"I."

Adonis suddenly busted out of a bush not that far in front of Declyn, chuckling more out of breath than anything else.

"GOT."

He sprinted right at Declyn, almost lunging himself too much over the other guy.

"YOU."

He pounced right onto Declyn, knocking the boy down and he was the one on top now.

"Now."

He stared down at Declyn with a look of unhinged emotion and his smirk was more of a smug sneer now.

"....I warned you, Declyn."

He held the chainsaw's tip against Declyn's throat and just above the collar.
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Declyn screamed.

It had Scream King potential but unfortunately, this was not as fun as watching a horror movie with your friends. He had really thought that he could outrun him, that he had finally gotten away. Now he just felt like a sweaty mess. His eyes widened, flickering in the blinding glint of the chainsaw's blade that found its way back against his body.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?"

His hands trembled. He was still panting heavily. The area around him felt like a rocking boat, but he found enough balance to point the gun up against Adonis's stomach.
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"ME?! WHAT ABOUT YOU?! GONNA SHOOT ME LIKE WHAT YOU DID TO DREW?!" Adonis snapped as he glared down at him with more of a darker expression and he felt the nozzle of the gun pressing against his stomach. He couldn't let Declyn take control of this situation and he wanted to make sure that the other boy knew that it was a bad idea to piss him off. "...He was your best friend.... How could you even do something like that?! I can't even think of doing that to Regina...."

He faltered as he mentioned Regina for a moment. Regina...

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! Don't let him fuck with your head, Adonis!

He then let out an angry howl and he knocked the gun out of Declyn's hand with the chainsaw, panting a bit heavily.

He then giggle softly, knowing that his sanity was going away more and more.

"...Looks like I have to teach you a lesson, Declyn."
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

Declyn’s breath stocked in his lungs and his finger was dangerously close to the trigger while Adonis was yelling at him, his eyes welling up. How dare he say that? How? He didn’t want to hear Drew’s name, not from his mouth. Sweat dripped down his forehead like an open tap, his eyes blurry, body shaking under the numbing weight. The next moment his gun was knocked out of his hands.

“SHUT UP. SHUT UP!” he cried out. “YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! You DON’T KNOW. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN REGINA…” A deep sob. “Were you too busy taking Tristan’s life? You couldn't even protect her and now she's gone.”

Another hard nudge with the chainsaw. Okay, maybe this wasn’t fair. Declyn let his own words run through his head and figured he didn’t know anything either. Still, Adonis was out of his damn mind. The boy turned his head, some loose specks of dirt sticking to his hair. Regret washed over him but he said nothing.
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Couldn't protect Regina....

"I-"

I couldn't protected her. I was trying to protect someone else. Someone who went and fucking died!

"You-"

Tristan.... Tristan.... The blood, his blood.... I never meant to do it.... I'm a monster....

"Regina and Tristan-"

MoNsTeR… i WaS nEvEr A gOoD pErSoN aT aLl…

The chainsaw clattered to the ground beside Declyn.

"Worthless..."

A broken laugh came out of Adonis' mouth.

"I was never a good person...."

Tears were rolling down his face and they dripped onto Declyn's cheek.

"...I-I have to not be me…"

His laugh turned into a quiet sob.

"...Marco made me feel alive for once in my pathetic life.... I never found Regina's body.... I can't even find Myles to apologize for letting him down.... I can't even get Tristan out of my head.... I'm not well anymore, Declyn.... I think something.... something's changed me.... I'm not who I was before..."

He got off of Declyn so the boy could sit up and he was staring off into the distance, not caring if Declyn wanted to stay or not anymore. Why should anyone feel sorry for him anymore? He had no one else left....
[+] V7
Kotorikun

Post by Kotorikun »

No movement. Declyn lay still, his eyes fixed on Adonis' when his tear hit his face. Not only did the other's sudden ramble reach his ears, but the faint whirring sound of a camera too. Were they listening? Were they liking the show? A show, a tragedy, drama, reality, whatever they called it in their own little book. He glanced up at the tree above him but couldn’t spot anything.

Nothing. He wiped his tears and looked taken aback by Adonis’ reaction. Angry or sad, he was in an unstable state, had probably lost control of where his thoughts had gone till he was someone he didn’t know.

He touched his throat, feeling a mark left by the chainsaw. His hand moved up further over his face until his arm was covering it. His brain had taken the shape of a filter, only taking in small bits and pieces of the impressions around him. It was dull. Everything was for a moment. His ears twitched non-visibly at Myles’ name. Had Adonis treated him the same way?

Declyn just wanted him to shut up now.

As he sat up, he dragged the chainsaw behind him to get it out of the way.

Then he punched the other boy in the face. Hard.
[+] V7

V8
follow me on tumblr

Return to “The Art Exhibition”