Every Success Involves Insanity

Early Day 4, Open

The harbor is perilous, at best. Built above the ocean, the wood has since begun to rot as time and salt water has taken its toll, making every step a gamble. Along the harbor’s boardwalk are several quaint (although just as deteriorated) shops built from driftwood and offering various trinkets for the tourists, as well as several small restaurants. The actual harbor is no less dangerous, with several hollowed out boats docked to it.
Un-Persona†

Every Success Involves Insanity

Post by Un-Persona† »

((Rutherford "R.J." Roger Jr: B032 -V5- Continued From Nowhere to Go))

R.J. and Maddie, as he finally remembered her name, had decided to settle in a Chinese style restaurant last night. He supposed it was better then sleeping on an old wooden bench. They did still have to sleep on benches, but they were soft and plushy, so he couldn't find much fault with them. He didn't think Maddie complained any either, though that was probably because they had mostly kept to themselves for the most part, so he was just guessing. Best not to get too attached anyway. It was the major benefit of having a stranger as your only companion, or the one that was immediately apparent in any case.

His chest tightened. It was morning now. Which meant that the announcements would be coming soon, his name transported across the island driven by air waves, that girl's name in the back. He didn't know what her name was. He only looked at her face and the holes in her body for a few seconds and put the pieces together quick enough before he ran away. His left pinky and ring finger had found themselves into his hair.

"I should get out of here..."

He thought about Maddie, about how she had helped him, about the blood on her jacket, about how she was nice enough to not stab his face in his sleep. He felt he owed her something. Something like not burdening her. He thought he could use her, but that was wrong, thinking like that. That blood, it probably didn't mean anything. R.J. couldn't drag her down, not like this. She might be upset that he had left without telling her, so soon and looking ungrateful, but maybe this could be the thing he does to pay her back.

That's what he kept thinking as he picked up his bag and began sulking through the restaurant, only to stop right before leaving. Dangerzones. This place could become a dangerzone once the announcements come on. She might sleep through it. Dammit. Ok, wake her up, then leave when she's not looking. He walked over to where she was sleeping.

"Maddie! Hey-"

A fuddled mechanical noise came on. They said no one had died.

His collar beeped.

For a moment, he wanted to believe a liar.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un-Persona. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

((Madeline Wilcox continued from Nowhere to Go))

Maddie was fast asleep.

She and RJ had decided to settle in a Chinese style restaurant after wandering around for a few hours. She remembered that this place, the abandoned harbor, was the place that she had originally betrayed Nina, but she let herself forget that, at least for a bit. She heard RJ's voice, something faint. She heard the speakers activate and something being said, also faint. Then she heard her collar beep. She awoke with a start, panicking for several moments, thinking she had slept through the announcements and that the area they were in was a danger zone. Then she heard the man who was speaking elaborate. It was a joke. Some sort of sick joke.

She relaxed and slumped against the wall. She looked up at RJ. "Thanks for waking me up." She said, quietly. She sat, opening up her bag and getting out one of the power bars she had. She chewed on the bar as she listened to the announcements. She stopped chewing when she heard the name of someone she really recognized. Yaz was dead.

She didn't know how to react. Someone she was close friends with had died. She was dazed. She barely noticed when she heard both RJ's name and her own on the announcements. She brought her knees up to her chest. Not only did she feel scared and more hopeless and alone than ever, but she also felt like she didn't feel enough. Maybe it was the fact that she found a girl's mangled corpse. Maybe it was because she witnessed a murder. Maybe it was the day in and day out of finding out how more and more people have died. Maybe it was because she murdered someone herself.

Whatever the reason, one of her good friends had died, and she barely felt anything besides fear and loneliness.

She buried her face into her arms as they sat on top of her knees and cried. Not for the death of her friend, but instead because the island had already taken such a toll on her.

She knew that RJ was still there, likely not sure as to why she was suddenly in such a state. It didn't matter to her, and it didn't matter how many times she had cried already, she needed to cry. Her friends were all going to die. She was going to die. Maybe she deserved it now, but a part of her still didn't actually want to die.

She sat there crying for an indeterminate amount of time. It could have just been a few minutes, or an hour. She didn't know and didn't care. Once she finally stopped though, she resumed quietly eating her power bar, her legs still drawn to her chest, without saying a word.
THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU. READ ABOUT THEM AND PREPARE YOURSELF.
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson
Pregame: -#->
Memory: -#-#->
Prom: -#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-|

Richard Smith
Memory: ->
V7: -#-#-#-#-|

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
Pregame: -#-#->
V7: -#-#-#-#-#-#-|
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:
G013: Penelope Fitzgerald
G046: Isabel Ramirez

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Image G005: Madeline Wilcox
Image G030: Sara Corlett
Un-Persona†

Post by Un-Persona† »

These were some names he knew on these announcements.

His was the first he recognized clearly, obviously. R.J. was the first murderer to start off the actual killings, the first two people listed having killed themselves. They used a real strange way of describing what happened, vengeance being the word that struck him the worst. As if that girl, Lauren, had done anything wrong to him, like she deserved what happened to her when he knew no one did.

Maddie was on the announcements too. The word vengeance had been used again, except this time it was the one who, allegedly, sought out vengeance that died. They said Maddie stole Nina's gun. When R.J. looked at her, she seemed to have already been crying before that, like she knew. He didn't know what to say. But he knew she wasn't full-out playing. He wasn't dead yet.

Joey Caputo. Best friend since kindergarten. The big man with little worry. Head blown off. R.J. thought that if the worst came, he'd be angry and cursing and screaming. His own eyes were tearing up and his skin was vibrating with cold chills. He was holding his whimpers and coughs in, not wanting to look full of despair if Joey decided to look at him. Would probably say something like, "be easy" or "relax". R.J. was forcing his palms into his face, nails clawing into it, elbows and knees knocking against each other.

"I-I'm fuck-fuckin' sorry man. I'm so-so fuckin' sorry..."

He was wiping away the flood, almost forgetting Maddie was there. She was balled up, not saying anything, not looking. Even when the announcement ended, nothing. He sat on the same bench, folding his arms on top of the table and burying his face into them.

"..I'm sorry..."

His words were not for his to control.

Always sorry.

Sorry for so many things.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un-Persona. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Maddie looked up after getting through half of her power bar. RJ looked like he was taking something hard too. Perhaps a friend of his was on the announcements. Perhaps it was the fact that he killed someone. She didn't know, and she didn't need to know. She sat up a bit and went over to her companion. She didn't know exactly what she could do to console him, she wasn't ever the greatest at helping people with their problems. She decided to give it a shot regardless.

She sat down next to him on the bench while RJ had his face pressed into his arms. "The island taking a toll on you too?" She hesitated. "I can't say I'm in a good mental state after all I have been through already." She looked down at RJ. "I was alone for most of my stay on the island so far, going it alone takes a lot of strength. Not sure if it has been the same for you." She looked down. "Needless to say it was... unpleasant. Having no one there to share in your hardships makes everything so much more difficult..." She hesitated again. "What I guess I'm trying to say is, I don't know why you're feeling bad now, but you're not alone, even if it feels like you are. I'm here, and while you may not be fully comfortable with my presence given the knowledge that I murdered someone, I'm still someone."

After a pause she stood up from the table and bench. "Food for thought, I suppose."

Maddie sat back down on the floor and began munching on her power bar again. She hoped that she managed to make him feel somewhat better, it was the least she could do. Her thoughts wandered to that of Nina yet again.

The least she could do...
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

(Tyler Lucas continued from Everything Here Is a Small Cap Investment)

Tyler slept on the beach, in the open, face towards the sky.  He slept fitfully, occasionally waking up to stare at the star-spangled sky.  In the wee hours of the morning he rose and set off, wandering without any clear purpose, still keeping those brown bottles close at hand.  By the soft glow of dawn, he made his way off the beach and into an abandoned stretch of buildings

Announcements came on.  His collar beeped.  And for several seconds after the Announcements, Tyler stood completely still, barely breathing.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" he roared, muscles standing out on his neck as he glared at the sky in rage.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Un-Persona†

Post by Un-Persona† »

R.J. became stilted as he heard Maddie coming closer to him. He stared at the dark material of the table, his arms forming themselves tighter around his face as he listened.

She was right, not always, but she had a good deal. This place was taking more then just a toll on him, too high a toll, no payback, no way. Just taking and taking till it would take him too. It'd happen eventually. He was alone for the most part too, but she was wrong in that it took a lot of strength. Being alone has it's drawback, he knew that. It was easy for him. He was almost alone again not more then a few minutes ago. He had almost left her alone again, because he knew that this would be harder. Harder for him anyway. She seemed happy, having him around, saying that she was there for him and didn't like being alone.

Maddie didn't deny murdering Nina. She knew he had done the same to Lauren. His body was still tense, lifting his face and staring at the bandages around his knuckles. Still itchy. He had to remember, he wasn't dead yet. He wouldn't bother Maddie with what happened with Nina, long as she did the same. Leave well enough alone.

Food for thought. Thoughts were hit or miss. If they were random and distracting, at least then he could stop being frustrated at himself for a bit. His fingers surfed through his hair, caught in wavy knots. He heard someone yell fuck very loudly.

Scooching over to the side of the bench near the window, he peeked through the blinds shrouding the light. Some guy. He seemed okay. Just really pissed.

R.J. began wiping his face again and hiccuping, tiny drops in and out his head coming back.

"You hic think we should check on hic that?"
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

((Minor GM'ing of RJ approved))

Maddie finished up the rest of her power bar as RJ searched through his bag for something. She still hated the taste of them, but the hunger and malnutrition from being on this island made her not care about taste so much as simply eating. She sat there for a moment before hearing someone loudly exclaim obscenities from outside. She turned her head to the source of the noise as RJ looked outside. Check on that. Should they? She wasn't sure, whoever that was probably wasn't very even tempered given the random shouting. She pulled out her gun-knife. It still had some of Nina's blood on it, having dried on the blade since the incident.

She stood up from her sitting position. "I suppose we can check on it, but if that person's dangerous then I'm not taking any chances. If you have a weapon you should bring it too." She looked at the gun-knife in her hands. Did she want to be a murderer for a second time? No, she didn't. She was hoping the thought of confronting two known killers with weapons would potentially scare off whoever that was. But if it didn't she wasn't afraid to defend herself. As much as she felt like she needed retribution for killing Nina, she still wanted to survive, at least somewhat. She walked over to the door of the restaurant and opened it up as RJ hoisted his bag over his shoulders. "Let's go, I suppose."

As she stepped outside she had a thought that made her wince, a thought that she really shouldn't be thinking. Maybe the second time will be easier.
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Tyler turned towards the movement and stared at Maddie.  He squinted, his eyes flickering towards the knife and then back to her.

"There's blood on that," he said.

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[/url]

V6

V5

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Un-Persona†

Post by Un-Persona† »

"Oh shit, oh shit, the chick is packed."

Trying not to be paranoid about Maddie was difficult. In past circumstances, this wouldn't be happening. Then again, in past circumstances, he wouldn't be in these circumstances. His head hurt a bit. Thinking about things wasn't good right now. R.J. just had to remind himself to let it be, and forget about everything else. He grabbed his bag when she told him to, unzipping it and looking for his gun. He took a moment to position it just right, in case stuff went sour. The gun was still inside the bag, held sideways for ease, various things moved aside - there's that comb - for clearer shooting. R.J. checked if he could see the nozzle's shape through the bag's fabric, then jogged up to catch up to Maddie.

R.J. realized how shady what he just did was after he did it. It took him a moment. Before, he would do something bad knowing it was bad. He was getting too use to this. Maybe he really was going crazy. It's not like he would be the first or anything either. But crazy people don't realize they're crazy right? It wouldn't work that way if it did. Headache again. He curled hair around his non-trigger fingers.

They eventually got around to the area the screaming came from. First thing the guy noticed was the blood. R.J. just stood quiet, looking down at the corroded boardwalk, applying pressure to the creaky planks with his heel.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Maddie and RJ walked towards the source of the disturbance. RJ seemed to have his weapon concealed inside his bag, having it unzipped and his hand nearby. She recognized it easily, she tried the same trick with Nina. She loaded a musket ball into the gun-knife, she needed to be ready in case they came to any altercations during their meeting with whoever they were travelling towards. She had some reservations about doing this, how it might be dangerous, how she didn't want to take another life, but she continued on anyway, for reasons she didn't know why.

The two of them turned a corner and stumbled upon the source of the disturbance, an incredibly imposing young man. He was almost a foot taller than both her and RJ and looked like he could crush her ribs with a squeeze. To say she was intimidated was an understatement. He turned to them as soon as they rounded the corner, and the first thing he noticed was the blood on the gun-knife. She just needed to stay calm and respond calmly, she couldn't show fear. "So what if there is?"

Not the best response, but she couldn't think of a better response to such a blunt statement. If this confrontation and her weak choice of words came to a fight, at the very least both of them were armed and it didn't seem like the imposing figure a few feet in front of them was armed himself. Even if they did have the advantage if it were to come to a fight, though, she still began to think that coming out here was a dumb idea, they should have just stayed inside the decrepit restaurant. She hoped that this poor decision that they made didn't end the way she thought it would, poorly.
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Tyler cocked his head at her for several seconds, eyes flickering between the knife and the girl.  "Whose?" he asked.

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Un-Persona†

Post by Un-Persona† »

R.J. was shaking now, and not only because of the unstable floor he stood on. The question Tyler asked was only gonna lead to confrontation.

Maybe he could get them to change the subject. Just one distraction.

He stepped forward once, but he didn't feel anything under his shoes.

The boards had given way to his weight and pressure. He nearly fell into the ocean, lucky enough to grab on to weak planks before he did so.

But that did nothing to stop his gun from firing.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

(Skipping with permission from TT)

A gunshot rang out.  A bullet flew.  And Tyler Lucas took a stumbling step to one side, the bottle in his left hand dropping out of his grip and hitting the ground.  His eyes tore away from Maddie for an infinite second, and his eyes flickered to the blood blossoming on his sleeve.

Then he roared, a horrible, guttural sound, and hurled the bottle in his right hand at Maddie, sending it hurtling through the air.  With the same motion he twisted and, still roaring, began to charge towards the fallen RJ, eyes burning with rage.  And for all his bulk suddenly Tyler Lucas seemed very fast indeed, and inevitable as an avalanche.

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Whose?

Maddie was confounded by such a blunt question. She wasn't sure how to properly answer it without seeming like a bloodthirsty murderer. Maybe that was the point. Before she could actually come up with an answer to the question, she heard the boards creak loudly next to her. As she glanced over to the sound they suddenly gave way under RJ. As he fell she heard the sound of a gunshot going off, and looked over at Tyler. The shot had hit Tyler in the upper arm, the blood pooling on his sleeve. He screamed, no, roared with rage and threw a bottle at Maddie with anger she didn't know anyone could have. She reflexively brought her arm to her face as the bottle flew at her, impacting with her arm and shattering with the force of the impact. She yelped with pain, not only because the bottle impacted her arm with tremendous force, but also because the broken glass that flew from the bottle cut like small daggers on her face and arm.

She trembled from the sudden rush of adrenaline that hit her. Everything seemed to move in slow motion now, the panic from Tyler attacking them settling into her. She fired off the round she had loaded in the gun-knife at Tyler as he moved towards RJ. What he was about to do she didn't know, but she didn't think RJ and Tyler were going to have a peaceful discussion, it was certain that Tyler was going to try and kill RJ, deprive her of the one ally she currently has, and possibly deprive her of her own life shortly after he got done with RJ. That couldn't happen, she wouldn't let it happen, for both her own sake and RJ's she would defend them, even if it meant killing another person.

As fast as she could muster, she loaded another musket ball into the gun-knife and fired it at Tyler while backing away with every motion she made. The scene in front of her unfolded like a slow blur, she wasn't really conscious of what was happening. She just knew that she had one goal, stop Tyler, and that stopping took the form of her firing off as many rounds as possible in Tyler's direction.

Maddie loaded another round and fired again, and she would keep firing as quickly as she could until the monstrous beast of a person in front of her stopped being a threat to her safety and her companion's safety.
[+] V7 Roster
Marceline Carlson

Richard Smith

Ming Robinson

Amber Yates
[+] V6 Roster
Wiki Pages:

V6 Meanwhile:
|-#-#-|
[+] V5 Roster
Wiki Pages:
Un-Persona†

Post by Un-Persona† »

((Godmodding approved))

The stinging cuts on his legs were making themselves known, the fear of falling down gone. As R.J. looked down to see the tears on his pants and the water with floating dark wood in it, he clutched the boardwalk once again as he felt a tremendous shaking coming towards him. Vibrating eyes had caught what was a screaming full grown man running straight at him.

He could hear a large crack and saw himself falling down, his hand now reappearing from his bag that was sent flying somewhere, Tyler barreling after him, tackling R.J. and knocking the breath out of him. His lungs were only temporarily empty, now being filled with salt water, retinas burning because his eyes wouldn't let themselves close.

So the two were now drowning, and R.J. could only see a blurred man and darkening water, not realizing he was once again terrified, no thoughts, no options, no direction except down to an unknown pit. His arms and legs were thrashing crazily, trying to get Tyler off of him and get oxygen, being all his body allowed himself to do.

He was going to die.

Return to “Abandoned Harbor”