Don't You?

Probably A Death Thread

The Orchard is usually a very colorful area full of pretty trees and plentiful fruit gardens, but due to the weather has lost most of its beauty. The trees and bushes are now bare and barren of life, garden seeds under a blanket of snow. A stream flows through the orchard, usually plentiful for fishing. While the aquatic wildlife still swims through the area, ice has begun to coat the water. Along the shore, there are abandoned fishing rods.
VoltTurtle

Don't You?

Post by VoltTurtle »

((Naomi Young continued from A New Morning))

Naomi, Chris, and Cathryn arrived at the Orchard.

Yesterday had been uneventful after they left the hotel. The three of them mostly just drifted around and then settled down after a while. The three of them had then listened to the announcement, and started wandering again after it ended.

Naomi sat down on the ground, tired of walking. She turned to the other two. "Hey, guys. Let's sit down for a bit."

She opened up her pack and took out her water. She sipped at it while contemplating how she was going to go about getting her ten kills. There was already competition for the ten kill release. If anything, she needed to eliminate the competition before doing anything else. Even if she put a big target on herself in the process, like Chris mentioned.

Cathryn could be useful in insuring that she managed to take out the competition, and if she died, it was no loss to Naomi.

She closed her eyes and took in a big breath. She was still shocked at the thoughts that went across her own mind.

She decided to stop thinking for a bit and sat there quietly, still sipping her water.
[+] Supers
Lily Little:
Memories: = = = >
[+] TV3
Wiki Pages:
Seo-yun Lee
[+] TV2
Wiki Pages:
Naomi Young
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

((Cathryn Bailey continues from A New Morning))

Cathryn wasn't up for speaking much.

The announcements had blared from their speakers a few hours ago. She wasn't really in the mood for, well, any sound because it was probably 2 AM or something and she almost had to use her fingers to pry her eyelids apart. It would also be near impossible to go back to sleep. She'd spent what felt like an eternity tossing, turning, and shivering because her tees and shorts weren't meant for this weather. And the producers just had to give her a bikini, instead of something more comfy like a full-body Minnie Mouse costume, even though it's -20° F. Genius.

So, the lady chattered on about the first victims, adding some 'humorous' commentary on the side. Cathryn raised her eyes a bit at the number of killers from Whittree, but other than that, the announcements didn't really elicit any strong reactions from her. Sure, she felt a twinge of sadness and disgust at the fact that people were actually dying, but that was because she was human. It was like this every version, no matter what school you picked. Not really breaking news. Also, the names were ones that she either didn't know or didn't care for. And it went on like this, until the last kill was announced.

Cathryn had managed to convince herself already that, out of her small, small circle of friends at Whittree, she was the only one on the show. The mere notion of one of them being here with her was impossible. So, when Leah Bissard's name was said right before the danger zones were announced, it took a while for the fact to register with Cathryn. Long enough for We Will Rock You to get through its first chorus, in fact.

When she finally comprehended what she had just heard, the first thing she tried to do was get angry at Leah. It was one of her coping mechanisms dating back from middle school. Anger was just an easier emotion. It felt much better in comparison to stuff like sadness or guilt. Besides, the catharsis of eventually letting out all that anger and making someone else feel as shitty as she did was something she'd never get tired of.

But the thing was, anger and Leah weren't compatible. Just like Leah and the idea of her being a player. Leah wasn't supposed to be a player. Leah was this chubby girl who, like Cathryn, was bullied, liked going on the Internet, read a bunch of 'creepypasta', whatever the heck that was, and was also a part of choir. That was Leah. Not this paranoid freak who'd resort to killing rather than, say, running away or freezing in place. Leah wasn't supposed to be that girl. She was supposed to be innocent, harmless.

So, instead of anger, Cathryn resorted to shock. She couldn't quite get angry, but she couldn't afford to feel devastated. So, she let her hands tremble and stayed awake. Nothing would let her get to sleep now.

She blindly followed the two, not really focusing on much other than the environment. The sky slowly lightening up. The crunching sound her feet made whenever it stepped. The dead trees. Anything other than the announcements. Eventually however, Naomi got tired and had to stop. As soon as they rested, that sentence started echoing over and over again in her head.

Stop.

Cathryn didn't want to hear that sentence again. What she needed was a distraction. Small talk. Even if she probably had nothing in common with Naomi and Christopher, even if this was the type of conversation that her in-laws would have whenever they visited, and even if she didn't really give a crap, droning on about home, where they're from, what that place is like, etc, etc, etc, would be better than being alone with her thoughts.

"So, where are you guys from?"
SC3:
Matias Juarez is fed up. He is currently walking home.
Pregame: now that you are broken by the seas, in the depths of the waters,
Memories: Vamô Detonar essa Porra!

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves
Memory Thread: It's All So Incredibly Loud

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
Pregame Threads: Now, Check That
Memory Threads: Let's Hit It 90 To Nothing
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Pregame: Hold Your Horses Now (We Sleep Until the Sun Goes Down).
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
Previous Threads: Second Impressions - I'd Rather Be At The Aquarium.
Memories: Take a Bite of My Heart Tonight
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
School: Whittree Secondary School
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]
Previous Thread: Countdown
School: Davison Secondary School
pls give my kids friends tv3 version

Stephanie's Cuckaneers Today at 12:29 AM
maraoone was a mistake - cicada 2021
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Naomi looked at Cathryn when she asked her a question.

"The two of us are from the other school, Davison." She looked around for Chris. She didn't see him around them. He was just with them, but it looks like he had gone off to do something.

"Looks like Chris wandered off." She said, to Cathryn.

She drank a bit more of her water and then put it away. She shivered a bit. Even with her sweatshirt and the extra clothes she piled on top of it, she was still fairly cold. It probably wouldn't serve to stay outside of a building for too long. Still, she couldn't lose Chris so soon after finding him. She supposed that she'd just have to wait.

She turned to Cathryn, pushing aside the ever present plan to kill her. "So..." She paused. "I'm not really sure what to say, honestly." She stretched a bit. "Just a bit awkward to sit here without really saying anything."

She paused again. "I suppose I'll ask an easy one. How are you holding up?"
[+] Supers
Lily Little:
[+] TV3
Wiki Pages:
Seo-yun Lee
[+] TV2
Wiki Pages:
Naomi Young
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

((Jewel Evans continued from Deliver Us))

From the bowling alley, the only directions to head were back to the daycare center or into the woods. Her heart hammering and her breath catching, Jewel wound through the bare trees. Though it meant only that he had not pursued her in an obvious way, she did not see the boy. She had even managed a moment's rest to reload her weapon. Her right palm burned, but it did not seem to be bleeding badly. She could hear again, but it was hearing over that echo, not without it, and she wondered if she would ever hear properly again and also if it was even real. The pounding had yet to return.

Early burners almost invariably died quickly. There were exceptions, but usually that was the result of mitigating factors. At a certain point, speed and violence became unsustainable, and it only took one mistake or lucky shot to end everything. Jewel mulled this over as fact, though it should have scared her probably.

The branches stretched out and upwards, branches reaching towards the sun. They were lightly frosted and they were beautiful, the sort of scene she might have painted back at home. The truth was, though, that painting was either a poor substitute for experience or an attempt at something entirely different. There was no way to translate and capture what she saw and felt, the cold air and the pain in her hand and in her lungs and the frost on the branches and the crunching of ground beneath her feet, a few small sparrows puffed up and squeezed together on a branch, the feeling of being alive and outside struggling against the discomfort of it all and the first creeping tendrils of fatigue and suppressed horror.

There were cameras on some of the trees, and that did not make them any less wondrous.

She probably cut a nice silhouette, all black and slowly stepping, arms raising up in bumps under the sleeves of her jacket and her knees just shy of knocking. Unless she was aiming to impress someone, she would not have worn a skirt in this sort of weather at home.

There were two people ahead of her, waiting together and not yet looking her way. She had noticed this some time ago and was heading towards them. She smiled and the frost crumbled beneath her feet. She thought it was two girls.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Why that question?

This was exactly why she made small talk. So that she could get her mind off how she was feeling, how everything sucked so bad, and so on, and so forth. They were supposed to be talking about home and how it was like in Davison, and then she'd rant about Whittree, and just generally pass the time talking about anything but SOTF.

But no. Naomi just had to ask that question. Even off the island, it would be a bad question. Cathryn didn't like spilling her feelings, not even to people like Leah. She wasn't one of those people. It's not like people would care anyways if she went on an hour-long tangent about how Leah killing someone made her feel so conflicted, and how she hated this island, this show, and the people who ran it. Everyone, aside from the psychos who got off to all the gore, probably felt this way.

She scowled a bit, and sighed. "OK, I guess."

Best to leave it at that. Offering any hint of how she really felt would lead to prodding and condolences and pity and she really hated being pitied or being asked about personal stuff. Just steer this conversation to where it really should be, and Cathryn will be able to manage.

"How's it like there in Davison?"
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
SS35: Mattie Wilkinson can't stop thinking about the past. He tried his best to matter in There We Will Be, Like An Old Enemy. [14/43]
Previous Threads: would - I'm the Satellite and You're the Sky - I'll Be Your Friend in the Daylight Again - What Remains of Cyrus Vähi - Could You Spare My Blood? - Inertia
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:
BC03: Matias Juarez hates you, and you personally. It was all bullshit to him in the end. [24/81]
Previous Threads: Doves in the Wind - Chapter 46: Fantom Frigate - Matias & Me - Loyalty: 1 - Everything Is Going According to Plan - Loyalty: 2 - If I ever acquire wisdom, I suppose I'll be wise enough to know what to do with it - Go for Broke - Wisdom (Part 2) - The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living - The Distance Between the Landscape and Dusk - I Want to Conquer the World - Night Moves

SS11: Britnee Joyner (adopted from Somer!) heard something from a friend of a friend, and wants you to know about it. She gave the cameras one last smile in Out on the Sea, We'd Be Forgiven [37/81]
Previous Thread: It Matters if We All Live - 👁️👄👁️ -👁️📦👁️ - Wait a Minute! - Bravado - On the Way to Anywhere - I Want Blood, Guts, and Chocolate Cake
[+] SC2
Dead:
B16: "Badass" Johnny Lancer (adopted from Yugi!) is the diplomat with scars inside and out. He got what he deserved in Though Far Away, We're Still the Same [8/65]
Memories: Through the Dreamers, We Hear the Hum. They Say "Come On, Come On, Let's Go."
Previous Threads: I'm Looking For a Place to Start, But Everything Feels So Different Now - waste of words - Now, Wait, Wait, Wait for Me, Please Hang Around. I'll See You When I Fall Asleep - Sinking Man - Little Talks - There and Back Again - Your Bones - some day we may come to peace with the world within ourselves

B33: Damion Castillo is the perfectionist with cracks in his facade. He ran out of time in At Every Occasion, I'll Be Ready For The Funeral [38/65]
[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:
CJ2 - Cathryn Bailey is the cynic who just wants respect. She lost control in Production Costs [4/72]
Previous Threads: A New Morning - Don't You? - The Jellies Experience - Makeup - Discordant - Stuck in the Middle with You - The Final Curtain - Grievances - Silver Lights - Going forward - Closing In
TB3 - Damion Castillo is the elitist who just wants to be good. He died a perfectly ordinary death in Lifdoff [65/72]

VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

((GM'ing approved))

Naomi wasn't really listening to Cathryn as she answered her question.

She wasn't even really listening when Cathryn asked a question of her own. She answered with a halfhearted "Probably the same as your school." Her thoughts had come back to her plan to kill Cathryn, and she was focusing on that. But, what after that? She really needed to formulate some sort of basic plan to follow moving forward, winging it would probably get her killed.

Eliminating the competition was most important, just like she was thinking earlier. If someone else got the release before her that would make everything she'd done and all the lives she might be yet to take pointless. How she was going to take down somebody that was likely more dangerous and better armed than her she didn't know, but she would need to figure something out.

She heard a noise behind her. She turned her head, expecting to see Chris returning from whatever he was doing, but she saw a girl she didn't recognize instead. A girl carrying an absolutely massive weapon.

Naomi was frightened. She didn't know what to think or do in this situation.

She decided to just ask a dumb question.

"Wh-who are you?"
[+] Supers
Lily Little:
[+] TV3
Wiki Pages:
Seo-yun Lee
[+] TV2
Wiki Pages:
Naomi Young
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

"I'm Jewel," said Jewel to the girl she didn't know.

Lying was of course an option, but even though Cathryn would be retarded to rat Jewel out, there was no guarantee she wasn't. Once was enough, and also there was relatively little to be gained from subterfuge here. New girl held no obvious interest in Jewel as the boys had, and it would be good to know quickly if she instead held a grudge over something Jewel had done rather than down the line.

It was still cold and Jewel could see her breath fogging up in front of her. The gun which she held was warm from how long she'd been clutching it; it was more comfortable than her jacket now.

"And who are you?" she asked.

As she had walked towards these two, Jewel's curiosity had been piqued—did they look the same from the cameras in the trees as they did to her so much closer to the ground? These two perhaps had a story between them. They were from different schools and they had been brought together somehow and now they were sitting and chatting and hadn't gotten around to killing each other yet, and that was a story that Jewel two weeks ago might have found pretty dull but Jewel now thought held a bit more potential, albeit more as an initial status quo than anything continuing.
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Speaking of psychos.

Cathryn had seen the girl approaching almost as soon as she asked her question. She wasn't able to retort to Naomi for her answer, if you could even call it that. Her hands began trembling, and the air became even colder as she came closer. The first thing that became clear was the gun held in her arm. It took a while, but after that, she could make out the face.

Jewel.

She had appeared on the first announcements twice. Day one, and she'd already taken two lives.

When she'd first heard it, she didn't pay it much mind because, hey, it's not like Cathryn was close with her or her victims, and it seemed like such an unimportant detail compared to Leah. But now, it was the only thing she had in her mind.

She sat there, silent, focusing on the ground, of all things, and biting her lips. Jewel had addressed Naomi, and Naomi only. Not Cathryn. No need to speak, or say her name, especially when she knew the answer already. Just say what you need to say, and keep calm.
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Naomi was taken aback when Jewel revealed who she was.

She was one of the people they mentioned on the announcements. She had killed two people, in fact. She was probably going for the ten kill release, just like Naomi. Convenient how she appeared just as Naomi was thinking of how she was going to get rid of the people that were competing with her.

So what would Naomi do? Jump on her and try to bludgeon her with the stun baton? She would need to get the drop on Jewel for that to be a good course of action. No, she needed surprise if she wanted any chance of killing a person with a significantly better weapon than her own.

She decided to answer Jewel's question before she did anything.

"I'm Naomi." She paused a bit, not knowing what else to say. Perhaps being friendly would make Jewel lower her guard. But... she wasn't sure how to be friendly to someone who killed two people already.

She went with something rather weak. "So... nice to meet you?"
[+] Supers
Lily Little:
[+] TV3
Wiki Pages:
Seo-yun Lee
[+] TV2
Wiki Pages:
Naomi Young
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

"Nice to meet you," Jewel said while deciding how to approach the situation. To her her voice sounded unsure, and she shivered against the chill. Probably hitting this girl over the head with the axe blade and then shooting the other in the back would be the smart decision in this situation. How did this go again? Killing spree, rampage, unstoppable? Unstoppable sounded like her. It sounded good.

Never do the same thing twice, unless it's made more interesting through repetition.

It was getting darker. Jewel would still stand out well from a distance. Black figure against the white ground. She shifted the gun into her left hand; these two weren't particularly armed and she hadn't seen signs of others.

So Jewel smiled and extended her right hand to Naomi, ready to shake.

"How's the game been treating you so far?" she asked.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

((GM'ing and skipping approved))

Naomi wasn't really sure what to think about a murderer saying it was nice to meet her. Even if she was planning on becoming a murderer herself.

The girl shifted her gun to the other hand and extended her hand to shake. Her guard was down. Now would be the best time to strike. As for how she was going to strike, she didn't know.

Might as well wing it.

Naomi's baton sat soundly in her right hand, she shifted it over to her left, just like Jewel did, and stood herself up.

"Nice to meet you." She said, extending her right hand.

They shook hands, but as Jewel began moving her hand away Naomi tightened her grip.

Naomi then quickly moved and jabbed Jewel under her ribs with her baton, pressing the button to shock her as soon as it connected. Naomi was satisfied. That had worked.

But as Jewel began falling over from the nasty shock, she tightened her grip around Naomi's hand just as Naomi had done not a moment ago and dragged Naomi to the ground with her.

Now she was right next to someone who had a better weapon than her and was likely very mad.

She realized that she had probably made the worst mistake of her life.
[+] Supers
Lily Little:
[+] TV3
Wiki Pages:
Seo-yun Lee
[+] TV2
Wiki Pages:
Naomi Young
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Jewel was surprised as the baton jabbed her in the stomach and pumped electricity through her system, making her feel like her veins were igniting. She'd fallen prey to a brand of cleverness not too far removed from hers, or maybe she'd just baited herself into a rough spot, overextended and now she was suffering for it, twitching and falling backwards and away from the source of the attack and only just managing to tighten her grip and bring Naomi down with her.

This didn't have to be a fight to the death at one point, perhaps, but the chance to walk away was gone. Naomi had landed sprawled across Jewel but not in a good position to pin her. She had a look of surprise on her face. These things slid through Jewel's mind as the last aftershocks caused her muscles to tense erratically.

She shook her right hand free, swung her left around, pistol in hand, kicking and thrashing and trying to keep distance between her and the stun gun. Cathryn was still there somewhere; two on one was bad odds at the best of times so Jewel had to get free, to reassess or press the attack or flee. She tried to line the gun up but her eyes were stinging with hints of tears. The bullet that was expelled when she pulled her finger as hard as she could against the trigger went wide, somewhere off in the night where she couldn't be concerned with it.

Naomi was concerned. She made a grab for Jewel's hands, for the gun, and nearly pulled it straight from her grasp. The cut across Jewel's palm burned as it was ground into the wooden handle, and the ringing in her ears was back with a vengeance, maybe not as strong as the first time because there were no echoes or maybe just because she was still partially deafened.

Over a long, long time watching SOTF, Jewel had learned that one of the most common failings the participants faced was tunnel vision. They were both scrabbling for the gun, and Naomi was above her, with leverage and positioning, but those same things let Jewel pull her left knee up and kick out, catching her foe in the chest. It threw Naomi backwards a bit, broke her grip for a second, just enough time for Jewel to swing the axe blade around in an arc at the other girl's middle.
VoltTurtle

Post by VoltTurtle »

Naomi tried desperately to get the two electrodes of the stun baton pressed against Jewel again, but to no avail. The both of them thrashed in a scuffle on the ground, Jewel obviously wasn't just going to let Naomi subdue her and take her weapon.

Jewel managed to get a shot off, but Naomi did not feel any sort of impact. Her ears were left ringing from the loud shot, but she was glad that the bullet hadn't actually hit her. Although, she needed to get the gun away from Jewel now, before she could potentially fire another shot.

Naomi reached for the gun, grabbing and pulling on it. She almost had it, she just needed to tug a little harder...

She felt Jewel's knee impact with her chest. She was knocked back a bit, stunned.

Then, the axe blade of the gun connected with her side.

The wound burned. Naomi could feel warm blood, her warm blood, seeping out of her side. The blood fell as she threw herself away from Jewel, coloring the ground red.

Naomi looked at Jewel, then at the bloody axe blade. She tasted something metallic in her mouth. She stood up, her whole body shaking, trying to reassess. Just as she got to her feet, she fell forward, flat onto the ground in front of Jewel.

Get up. She needed to get up, but her arms and legs weren't working. She couldn't move. She could barely breathe. She was dying.

She felt her blood pooling beneath her. She didn't want to die, she needed to live, she needed to get out with Chris.

She had failed already, she had already made a mistake, already killed herself. Her mind grew fuzzy. She couldn't think.

She needed to get up, to fight, to live. She needed Chris, she needed someone.

She needed... she didn't know what she needed.

Her vision began fading. She saw a tunnel, a light at the end. It felt warm, she tried moving towards it.

Then, she saw nothing but darkness.

RF3: Naomi Young: DECEASED
[+] Supers
Lily Little:
[+] TV3
Wiki Pages:
Seo-yun Lee
[+] TV2
Wiki Pages:
Naomi Young
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Jewel rolled away and slowly drew herself back to her feet as her assailant died off to the side. There was a stinging in her middle to match what she'd inflicted on the girl. Jewel's grip on her weapon tightened and she looked towards Cathryn, who hadn't had time even to start to interfere. This meant the ambush had probably not been planned, and Cathryn was from Whittree so she had most likely not held much more of a connection to the dying or dead now girl than Jewel had.

There was pounding and ringing and what she wanted most was to get some space and time, to get to think and process and come to grips with what had just almost happened and what had actually happened, but everyone who watched SOTF knew respites were rarely earned and Cathryn was still there.

That was one thing Jewel could do something about.

"I should probably kill you," she muttered. Her lips bent downwards; she needed to project more than that if she was to be heard.

"Cathryn," said Jewel, "I'm going to make you an offer. You can walk away right now. You can take this."

She didn't sound as collected as she should as she reached around and clawed her backpack open and withdrew one of the three remaining boxes. Probably the other girl was dead by now; Jewel was keeping an eye on her just in case though because getting fooled twice would be possibly deadly and embarrassing. She tossed the box containing the headset towards Cathryn.

"If you meet someone, you tell them not to play stupid and make trouble for me or they'll regret it," Jewel said. She tapped the headset she wore, then adjusted it; it had been knocked askew as she wrestled with the other girl. "I want to hear you do that. If you don't, I'll come find you and I'll kill you."

Her back and shoulders hurt from impacting the dirt and her muscles were tense and sore from contracting with the electricity and she knew that the gun didn't have another bullet in it but maybe Cathryn didn't, and even if she did, what did it matter when the blade had already done its work twice now?

"Sound fair?"
Maraoone

Post by Maraoone »

Cathryn couldn't even speak right now because a few seconds ago, Naomi and Jewel were having the old 'How are you' talk and just exchanging the typical greetings and then Naomi hit Jewel, someone who had killed two people, with a weapon that Cathryn didn't even know she had, and then they scuffled and rolled around, and then Jewel slashed Naomi, and there was so much blood, everywhere and it seeped into the snow, oh my god, the blood, and Cathryn, she just watched, didn't try to help, because where the hell was Christopher, what was happening, she couldn't think properly because everything was such a mess and a few seconds, everything was OK, and now one of her partners was missing and the other dead.

She was hyperventilating, her hands trembling more and more. For a few seconds after the fight, all she heard was the sound of blood pumping through her veins as she watched Jewel stand up. Then, she spoke and everything about that first sentence made her blood turn to ice.

The mere calm of it. Jewel's voice was the same one she'd hear if she spoke right after a session of running around the track. It wasn't a ragged or shocked voice that you'd expect to hear right after killing someone. This was normal to her. 12 hours, and she'd already adapted to this place and its barbaric new rules.

All of Cathryn's hope, all of her future, lay in that word 'should'. As in, Jewel should kill her. That implied that there was another option that Jewel was considering, and Cathryn would leap at it, no matter what.

She listened intently to every word Jewel said, and fumbled with the box, that gun to her head, thanks to her trembling hands.

Normally, Cathryn would have spat at her, shouted, maybe try to vivisect her with her words, because that was her specialty, and hey, an eye for an eye, right? No way she'd be humiliated on national TV, yeah? But why should Cathryn value her pride over her life? She'd gotten used over the past few years to being isolated, to being a pariah, so how bad would a few more days be?

As soon as Jewel finished speaking, Cathryn muttered a quick 'Yeah' and clumsily put on the headset. Then, before Jewel could maybe reconsider her decision, she ran, not really knowing where she wanted to go. Anywhere but here.

((Cathryn Bailey continues in The Jellies Experience))
SC3:

Diego Larrosa is lost.
[+] ᵧₒᵤբₛ
[+] Supers
Dead:
[+] TV3
TV3 Characters:
Dead:

[+] SC2
Dead:

[+] SOTF TV2
Dead:

Return to “The Orchard”