Fuzzy.

Private. Demonshot.

The jetties are wooden walkways, kept afloat by buoys, the boats they're lashed to, and their relative lack of density. The central jetties surround the cruise ship and are wider, denser, and better maintained; while it's very possible to fall or be thrown off, almost every piece of walkway here has safety railings, some even reinforced with metal. Life preservers are placed at intervals throughout, and access to many ships is available through ladders and walkways. While it might seem that cover would be sparse, the twists and turns and hiding places between ships actually offer many opportunities to get lost or hide here.
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Fuzzy.

Post by The Honeless Beard »

"Are you real?" Ivan asked, eyes flitting around him in the cabin.
Ohm

Post by Ohm »

"You left me, you know? Left me behind after I saved your ass."

Was the answer given. The voice was cold, but an undercurrent of fury lies beneath.

The figure stood across from him and stared daggers. Arms crossed as he leaned back into the wall.

"Took you down from all that blood leaking into your brain and the thanks I get? You abandon me and I die to Fisk."

"You wanted me to die or you would have told me to come with you, instead you lived and everybody else dies."

"All. According. To plan."

He uncrossed his arms and clapped his hands, punctuating each word with one before smiling at him.

"Isn't that right Ivan?"
Sh4dE
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by Sh4dE »

"You done killing my friends, asshole?", she asked. "You finally done?"
I'm so glad to be back !
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"You'll never be done with this, will you, Ivan?" A bitter sound of angry laughter came out of the ghostly-looking girl's mouth.

"All this petty revenge...."

A sigh echoed through the air.

"....It is all for nothing really."

A cold look in her eyes was piercing and sharp. A twisted smile was present on her face and she shook her head slightly.

"At least I look good in red, right?"
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

"It's tiring, isn't it?"

The person smiled, just a little sadly.

"All these people you've killed, and for what?"

"You always acted like you know what you're gonna do. Fought everybody over it, 'cause your daddy owned a podcast or whatever. And now look at you. Murdering your teammates. That's sad. I'm sad. You're sad. Kinda pathetic, not gonna lie."

If ghosts could touch, they would be-

"But it's not too late to back out, you know."
MurderWeasel
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by MurderWeasel »

"After all, you know all about leaving things unfinished, don't you?"

The bitter voice emanated from further off in the corner, where a pair of glasses gleamed in the darkness.

"A partial job, every time. And why? To make it hurt more? Or is it because it's dangerous? Because it's all you can manage and still get away clean?"

Footsteps, measured and methodical, paced towards the boy.

"Have you heard of the forty-seven ronin, Ivan? Did you know that some of their contemporaries criticized them? They succeeded in their task, but only by waiting. But what if their target had died on his own in that time? What if their mission failed that way, and their mask of dishonor became reality? Better, it was said, to throw themselves immediately into a glorious, honorable death... because the process is what's important, not the results."

A wispy shrug, red shoulders rising and falling.

"But don't ask me. Some of us walk away from mercy, not cruelty or cowardice."
Catche Jagger
Team Affiliation: Ben's Crabs

Post by Catche Jagger »

Another voice, this one from behind. It began soft, uncertain of itself.

“Come on, maybe this is all a bit harsh. To you, I mean.”

He came into view, nervously asserting his presence by stepping forward, apologetic in manner, head bowed in a show of humility, subservience.

“We aren’t just anyone, and we’re not blameless in this. Some of us killed people, and the rest of us helped time and time again. We tried to do it to you.” A smile, an attempt to reassure, though perhaps misplaced, given the topic. It faded quickly.

“It’s just SOTF. People have to die, whether we like it or not, whether it feels nice or not.” He swallowed, steadying himself before continuing. “And I may not like it, and you might scare the shit out of me, but that doesn’t make you a monster, and continuing this way doesn’t make you a bad guy.”

Another attempt at a smile and he turned away, fading.

But then he stopped

“Wait… dude.

“I’m not even dead.”

He peeked over his shoulder, one eye fixed on the only person there. The next words came out low, a rattle barely escaping his chest.

“Is that how you think about us? Dead already? Must make it easier to do the job, huh? But no, you’re not the sentimental sort, at least not with nobodies like us. That was true long before you got that mark.”

He turned around with a different smile, big and welcoming and cold. The expression didn’t sit naturally on his face, splitting and twisting flesh to accommodate itself. Of course, it wasn’t his face. He wasn’t that boy.

“Maybe you just want everyone to be like you. Rotting from the inside out.”
ItzToxie

Post by ItzToxie »

“ ‘Course he does. He’s got nothing else to live for.”

The next voice was the most familiar to Ivan, however, it didn’t belong to a face. It seemed to come straight from nowhere.

“Come on, let’s be real, Ivan. We all know the truth to this whole thing.”

If Ivan focused on the voice, he’d noticed that it’d sound like a whisper, as if meant to be barely audible only to him. A whisper directly into his ear.

“You haven’t changed a bit. That’s the truth to this all. Do you remember how this even started? No, not with you hung upside down, left for dead.”

More concerning, it was his bad ear, the one that couldn’t hear a single sound anymore.

“It started when you ambushed me, tried to kill me.”

Yet now it could hear clearly. The voice was louder now, as if talking in room-volume.

“You want to pin us responsible for what happened to you, to the people around you, but the truth is, every action you’ve done, there’s been a reaction.”

If Ivan turned his head, to face the voice, he wouldn’t find anything. If he continued to turn the voice would circle with him. It was louder now.

“You wanna blame me for Seth, for Rhonda, for your face? Go ahead, but who dragged themselves into this situation? Who dragged Seth into this? Rhonda? You were always about yourself Ivan, you were always a monster.”

The voice spoke as if speaking calmly, but the volume increased, as if turning up a dial on a radio. Scarface was as loud as a lawnmower now.

“I just gave you the touches to look like what you always were. Just as rotten on the outside as the inside. Oh, but you think you’re better than me? Or do you think you’re just like me? You’re only reacting to what I do right? Think you’re stronger for what I’ve done to you? Just come back from the dead right?”

The voice was louder still, but now it belonged to a face, that stepped in front of Ivan, the ghosts of the dead and soon to be behind him. He spoke, but the voice still blared from within Ivan’s ear.

“I always hated that Bond drivel where the villain tells the ‘hero’ that they’re alike, but for once, it applies. I didn’t finish the job, and you came back, yet... All the chances in the world, you could’ve done the same to me, but you skulk in the shadows, killing my partners, my friends, little pieces of me that die every time they do.”

The vision of Scarface strobed, one moment, healthy as he were, the next, what Ivan had wanted to see if Scarface, the entire front of his body torn open, hallowed out, broken ribs stretched outward haphazard as if mauled and eaten by a bear or he swallowed a grenade. A second later, he returned to normal in the blink of an eye.

“You don’t think that pain drives me the same way that measly little mark on your head drives you? That’s all that keeps you going isn’t it? That we tagged you. Not what happened to Seth, or Rhonda, or Calla, or Jasper, or Lucille, or Akeno, or any of those other deadbeats. It’s that YOU were slighted.”

The voice spoke calmly, loud as a gunshot.

“But I’m driven by what’s behind me, who’ve I’ve lost. You don’t think I’m getting stronger too? I killed you and you came back stronger, and now the same applies to me. In that Respect, we are alike. There our similarities end.”

The voice spoke within Ivan’s deaf ear, loud as a jet engine blazing by.

“We couldn’t be more different. Your suffering isn’t even an iota compared to what you’ve caused, not just to me, but to the people around you. Your so-called friends? Actually?” There was a laugh behind the question.

“D-do you even have friends? You don’t? You’re pathetic you know that? Even Junji has the Stokley bird, but you? It was always about you. You’ve never had friends, just voices to boost your ego, tools to be used. I’d tell you to do yourself a favor, give up and drink the ocean with a cinderblock tied to your neck, but let’s be real. You’ll ignore it. You always do. No matter who suffers, who loses out in the end, as long as you get something out of it, it’s fine right.”

As the pain in Ivan’s ear reached a crescendo it disappeared into nothing again. Not even ringing. Just silence. Scarface smiled.

The voice returned to room volume.
“You probably don’t care about this, but I got a message for you.” Scarface points out the window. If Ivan looks he’d notice the boat he left as Vasily’s tomb. The message banner that Ivan had left for the Respects to find Vasily was now missing. Not just taken down, but gone.

“Just wait and see Ivan, because I got a message for you. For every action you’ve done, there’s been a reaction.”

“Food for thought.”
Catche thinks my squirrel is Fisk so here's my daily reminder that he is not.
The Honeless Beard
Team Affiliation: Emmy's Selkies

Post by The Honeless Beard »

"You thought we were an item? You viewed me through that specific lens? Of - what, your girlfriend?"

"You were disappointed, because you're so broken and egotistical that you can't view female relationships without a large degree of self involved. People aren't people to you - they're people for you. You're so obsessed with how things affect you that you don't consider how you affect things, and that's where all of this started, anyways."

"You saw me on a screen, got your bell rung, and assumed that I was there for you, you sack of shit. I'm a mentor for an entire team, watching my fucking friends die, and you're out here complaining that I'm not there for you. Fuck you, Ivan."

"The Selkies never needed you. The world never needed you. When all is said and done, you'll be a catch-phrase on a message board, a four letter word meaning 'slightly tougher than most'."

"You disgust me."
Wham Yubeesling
Team Affiliation: Stephanie's Buccaneers

Post by Wham Yubeesling »

“Here comes Fisk and poor old James...”

The voice was short and wiry for his age, standing at 5’5” and weighing 126 pounds. He had an oval shaped face, with short black hair, small brown eyes and a small, round nose. His skin was a dark brown, due to his African ancestry.

“They’re gath’ring round with all my friends…”

It wore a pair of black half-rimmed glasses; he only ever needed them for reading, but he almost always kept them on. He preferred to wear dark, loose-fitting clothes, and was in a black hoodie slightly too large for him, a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and black sneakers.

“We’re older now, our light, it wanes…”

There was music, alongside. Guitar and piano and drums. A relic. Almost familiar. Almost.

“But you are only just beginning…”

The voice dropped out for sixteen bars as a chorus came in. Said the name of the song, eventually, before their part of the verse ended.

“We have the answer to all your fears…”

There was a girl beside him, looking if not masculine, probably not feminine. Olive skin. Short hair. Wearing jeans and a red jacket over a white tee-shirt.

“It’s short, it’s simple, it’s crystal clear…”

There was a boy beside him, another boy, another girl. All with some shade of red on them.

“It’s roundabout, and it’s something here…”

There was a whole cast. So many. Seventy. Sixty-four. Forty. Forty-nine. Sixty-six different sets of numbers. All ones you’ve long-memorized. They’re all there. They all see you.

“Lost amongst our winnings…”
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

The big dude with natural guyliner flinched when he realized it was his turn. He stayed back, just kinda shrugging his shoulders and mumbling out an "idunno" like he didn't know why he was here either, and ate another potato chip out of the bag.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

"Bitch."
AnimeNerd
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

Post by AnimeNerd »

"Well, isn't this rich."

The tall, long-haired man knew he was likely not welcome here. He didn't care. His eyes were narrowed, and the smile on his face was big and full of malice.

His gaze was fixed on his fellow spirits.

"One minute they're laughing and kings of the world because no one can touch them, next they're crying and whining over a bad call coming back to bite them in the ass.

"Gotta say, it is telling."

The scantily clad man got off the wall he was leaning against, eyes closed as he walked toward the still living person in the room.

"Honestly? I don't care if you're just doing this for yourself. That's your choice, and if you couldn't tell, I'm a bit too dead to have much say in the matter.

"But when these pendejos decide to come around and shame you for playing the game how you wanted to play it? When they had no problem beating, cutting, and generally doing..." he opened his eyes and gestured to the living man's face. "That to you, instead of just shooting or stabbing you? And when not all their victims link back to you?"

The bearded man let out a small chuckle, before stopping his pacing and looking over his fellow spirits once more.

"Far as I'm concerned, karma came around, and some people didn't like that their actions had consequences. Simple as that."
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait
Aqua Elle is a literal spitfire when you think about it
Applesintime

Post by Applesintime »

"I mean, you know something?" The blonde boy shrugged, smacking a wooden board against his palm. "Say you kill every Respect, what then? I'm still coming for you. Remember that? You gonna kill more innocent people just because they get in your way?" He glanced back at his fellow demons. "They all have a point though, Ivan. You're a fucking narcissist. And I dunno if the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future are gonna do anything for you in that regard. But when you're standing over Fisk's dead body, keep an eye on your ass, because I'll be there. And you won't get away next time.

"I'm not saying they're innocent, no, far from it. I'm not crying over a dead killer, but then again, I dunno what the fuck I'm doing here. They're dead - well, most of them, I'm not, and I won't be for the foreseeable future. But you're not innocent either. Say, Ivan. Say Fisk had asked you to be in his merry fucking group. Say that it was me you all fucking beat the shit out of and left for dead.

"You'd probably think me the bad guy for taking revenge. You're a hypocrite, you're a player, and I'd listen to what they're telling you. Hypocrite, asshole, don't give a shit about other people..." He started to list them off on his fingers, every one of Ivan's sins.

"Frankly, world'd be better off without a fuck like you strolling around."
[+] Current Kids
SOTF U
P011: Charlotte "Charlie" Vandermeyer - Road Flares (x10) + BluRay Copy of John Carpenter's The Thing - is bemoaning the goddamn MREs in Beasts All Over the Shop
[+] Future Kids
Second Chances
Anna Hitchins has some totes cool ideas!

SOTF-TV
John MacMillan Jr. doesn't have much to say.
[+] Past Kids
SOTF International
O06: Deirbhile Callahan - 50 Valentines Cards - "This is my fucking life. It’s mine to live. It’s mine to fucking take, too." She resisted in Slán Abhaile. [24/29]
Intl: 1 2 3

SOTF-TV V3
BC09: Gregory Miller - Bolas - "Why?" He landed in splat. [17/81]
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

BC04: Anthony Golden - Fake Nautical Mask - The so-called hero. He met his fate in All The World's a Stage. [4/81]
Memories: 1
Sandbox: 1
TV3: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SOTF Supers
S009: Stephen Sanders - Osteokinesis - "Nobody's going to kill just because furries told us to." He went home. - Kids Like You Should Be Burning in Hell.
Supers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Aftermath: 1 2
DerArknight
Team Affiliation: Jewel's Leviathans

Post by DerArknight »

"I am not even sure what I am doing here." The red-haired girl confessed. "The two of us barely acknowledged each other back in Mangrove and we haven't interacted yet since entering this shitfest called SOTF-TV. So why do you care enough about me to see me right now?"

She waited five long seconds before answering her own question.

"Maybe you heard my name back on the ferry last night and figured out I am with the others now. But I feel like that would be giving you too much credit.

"No, the real reason is because despite the whole 'Lone guy on the path of vengeance'-shtick you are so desperate to pull of, deep inside a part of you still cares what others think about you. There is no point in getting attention if it isn't the attention you want, after all.

"If you really were only after revenge, you wouldn't have taken the time for stuff like marking your victims with the reversed F's. Must have felt pretty cool, coming up with your own trademark that the merchandising department of SOTF is surely eating up as we speak.

"Damn attention seeker." The girl shook her head in what looked like a mix of disgust and disappointment.
[+] Those who struggle
Cyber
Zeph Newman

U
Elizabeth Rodney (adopted from Salic) Currently on a new low in tomorrow will only get worse

SC3
Chris Tyrell
Ethan Kemp
Fabiano Vecoli
[+] Those who rest
TV3
Sofia Kowalski (adopted from SansaSaver) [30/81] - Just where... did it all went so wrong?
Chris Tyrell (adopted from Irina Ivanov) [6/81] - That was the magic of SOTF-TV.

INTL
Fabiano Vecoli [17/29] - Weird. Why hadn't he noticed this sooner?

Supers
Gary Greer-Wheatly [26/43] - I am doing bad. You?

NBRAU
Keita Iijima [37/42] - Do you think... they are really gone?
Noriko Nakagawa [13/42] - It was nothing she looked forward to.

U
Arthur "Art" Miles [13/29] - Hold on. You actually believe this whole bullshit about Survival of the Fittest?
[+] Those whose time shall come
TV Intermissions
Leland Pierpoint
Stuart "Stu" Tyler
Lucina "Lucy" Pierpoint

TV4
Claudia Harper
Shanoa Priest

SC4
Kathleen Martin
???

INTL V2