A Nerd's Reletionship Thread

Let's be friends/enemies/some third type of relationship!

This is the board to discuss and plan for SOTF-TV, both the actual games and related lore projects.
AnimeNerd
Team Affiliation: Claudia's Krakens

A Nerd's Reletionship Thread

Post by AnimeNerd »

So, I am still super new, and I’ve got characters going into TV3, and they should have some actually defined relationships, so…yeah.

Things about RJ:
  • Music lover, mainly pop and classical but will listen to anything, let him sing at your own risk because he’ll do whole songs, also participates in musicals though not always big roles
  • Upper middle class, but got in through the scholarship test and doesn’t make a big deal about it
  • Kind of a fashion disaster, but owns it because he wants to stand out from everyone else
  • Big literature fan, reading mostly YA novels, hopes to be a writer after high school, but also has the back up plan of going into medical work in case it doesn’t work out
  • Mainly upbeat and cheerful, the only time you’d see him upset is during gym class, otherwise he’s a bit of a jokester
  • Huge slasher movie fan, can go on forever about the killers or famous kills from them
  • On good terms with most people, but needs some friends he’s actually close with and actually defined relationships
And yeah, should be more specific about the relationships I want for him. Mainly friends, maybe a person or two he knows and even he can't make friends with, and maybe a person he has a crush on if anyone is actually interested? The only requirements for it that I can think of is being really kind and sweet, and being buff won't hurt (but is not necessary).
[+] Relationships
Rebecca Roberts: Best Book Buddies!
Chris Tyrell: Musical Partner in Crime!
Mandy Gross: The Little Sister I never had.
Olivia del Rio: Jokester Buddies!
And now my second boy Jasper:
  • Rich kid, like really rich, his grandpa owns a popular resort in Spain and his dad is a pretty successful poker player
  • Extremely flirty, and will flirt with almost anyone, though he knows when to stop
  • Attractive and he knows it, regularly dresses as promiscuous as possible, and regularly gets in trouble for violating dress code
  • Sports(TM), mainly rugby and fútbol, but doesn't participate in school sports because he doesn't like the school, wishes he was back in Spain rather than being here
  • Wanna lose your life savings in a poker game? Come play with him, he regularly bets hundreds of dollars in games
  • Big SOTF fan, mainly in it for the action, but a good story and some comedic moments can really sell it for him
People I'm looking for include: people that actually like him, fellow rich kids that have probably interacted with him, people he's flirted with (a lot of potential with this one), people he's hooked up with, and people that hate him because of the various reasons above. He's not really a long-term relationship kind of person, so no boyfriends or girlfriends.
[+] Relationships
Keegan Garcia: The guy's hilarious!
Olivia del Rio: Cool Chica. Glad I know her.
Tell me if you have ideas for character relationships between your characters and mine! Will update with each character that gets submitted!
[+] The Living
Joel Foster is having a reunion while it's time to call the police
Megumi Eto is wishing she could GTFO
[+] The Dead
RJ Blackburn was axed a question in The Jarvis Method
Jasper Suárez-King was silenced in When Betting On High Card Pays Off
Jia Li Qiáo took a tumble off in Rouge Angles of Satin
[+] The Future
Colton "Colt" Smirnov is ready to aim and fire
Roselia Watson is trying to run away from it all
Titania Zabelle is going to show the world her talent
Maud Sparrow Jr. is already painting her own portrait
Aqua Elle is a literal spitfire when you think about it
Irina Ivanov

Post by Irina Ivanov »

Heyoooooo! Hi new person, sotf is going to be a blast with planning!

My artsy introvert with a love of writing has no connections with RJ. again. Rebecca's a big book lover, writes novellas and is more then willing to have a chat about novels. To be honest, for Rebecca, that's about as close as she can get, unless you have ideas.

Chris though, ooo boy. First of all, you can pm one of the users (Laurels I think) here if you want a part in the musical (there's a musical thread) since some of the roles have taken, first come first serve. Second of all, Chris and RJ are likely close buddies. Chris is a big musical kid who is super dramatic (read, somewhat overly passionate and attention seeking, but not in a mean girl way) and nice to anyone who doesn't seem "weak", which RJ isn't (Chris isn't great with upset people though, he might leave RJ to his thing during gym) I can see them annoying people together by belting whole songs together hah.

Also, if there are any relationships you want in particular like an ex, you should put it in the planning thread.
[+] Characters
SOTF-TV V3: (Relationship Thread Here)

Chris Tyrrell - Currently working at What can I fix you with?

The Program V3:

Lucy Arkwright -- Currently dreaming in Sing Us A Song; You're The Piano Man
Molly McKenzie -- Currently looking death in the eye in The Seagull

The Program V2.5:

Edward Taylor -- Currently rescued in...And An Ending.
[+] Art
I have an art thread! But it's closed until the 15th
[+] Future Concepts
Lol check Main
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Um... would he be interested in befriending a huge sotf/horror movie fan in the form of my boy Vasily Ivanov? He's still got some fleshing out to do, but he's pretty nice, if not a little overprotective. Not buff at all, an e-boy fashion victim, wll fight for u if you have bullies but will probably also lose. Ex-delinquent whose starting to mellow out, he's kind of a party boy and stands out a lot, maybe because of the piercings, dyed hair, and literal eyepatch. IDK man He's sort of friends with the "weird" kids but generally friendly to everyone. except bulies. bullies suck.
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

I can definitely see RJ and Vasily getting along as friends! Maybe not too close, as RJ isn’t that big a SOTF fan, but for sure geeking out about horror movies, especially gore effects. The two of them probably also talk about their fashion and style choices (hair dye, piercings, actively trying to stand out, etc.). Maybe they even go to the same place for their hair? Also, very much on the “Bullies Suck” train. Probably won’t fight them, but definitely tries to stay away from them as much as possible. Maybe Vasily is weird, but RJ isn’t exactly the poster boy for normal either, and he’s not a hypocrite! I’d like to see them as friends
[+] The Living
[+] The Dead
[+] The Future
AnimeNerd

Post by AnimeNerd »

Bumping it back up for my second boyo
[+] The Living
[+] The Dead
[+] The Future
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Heyyyyy sorry I missed this! Anyways, Ive got some ideas.

Leah probably got flirted with, sonething that she isnt a fan of at all. She'd reject his advances after a while, probably kindly tell him that she's asexual, and then the embarrassment would haunt her mind for years to come. She thinks he's a little... too much, and doesn't interact with him unless she has to.

Vasily is a rich party sotf kid and the two are aquainted with each other. He would jokingly fire some flirts and dirty jokes back, but at the end of the day doesn't want any awkwardness so he just calmly glides out of the situation cha-cha real smooth if it looks like its getting heated.

Return to “TV Planning/Discussion”