Count On Me

D6

Everywhere else without its own area. Multiple threads allowed, but use discretion.
The Director

Count On Me

Post by The Director »

((Yumiko Kusaka and Yuichiro Takaguchi continued from Rumble))

Yumiko and Yuichiro had been mobile ever since that horrific attack at the hands of Yoshimi Yahagi. However, it was fast becoming clear that the race, at least for one of the pair, was fast approaching its conclusion. Yuichiro had been shot during their flight from the girl and her machine-pistol and the small boy was now ailing.

"Yumiko..." Yuichiro murmured, leaning on the shoulder of his companion as the crept through the woods. They weren't moving quickly, but so far as Yumiko was concerned, at least staying active was a good idea. It made it less likely somebody would come across them. Stay in the same place and somebody was sure to find you eventually.

The girl gave the otaku a concerned look. She'd treated his gunshot wound as best she could, but the gory mess of his shoulder was far beyond anything that Yumiko could possibly deal with. At the very least, some proper medical supplies were necessary and even then... Yuichiro was looking awfully pale. He'd lost a lot of blood.

"Are you alright Yuichiro? Do you want to stop for a rest? I think Yoshimi must have given up searching by now - we can take a break then make a push for that cli-" she stopped, Yuichiro was shaking his head.

"Can't... too dangerous," Yuichiro shook Yumiko's supporting arm off and leaned against a tree. "We can't move quickly enough for it... to be safe."

"We have to do something!" Yumiko's reply was firm. The otaku gave her a weak smile and waved his shotgun a little.

"Leave me here. You go ahead to the clinic... come back with medicine. I... I can protect myself. With this."

Yumiko looked down to her shoes and shook her head sadly. What a decision eh? She was effectively abandoning him to the wolves out here if she took his advice. On the other hand... the clinic was some distance away. At their pace, it was a huge trek. There and back on her own would probably be faster than hauling Yuichiro all the way there.

Sighing, Yumiko held up her hands. "Alright Yuichiro, it's your choice. Stay safe here. I hate to tell you this, but... if somebody comes after you, don't hesitate use that gun. I'll be right back, I promise!"

Yumiko dashed off, a real sense of urgency in her pace.

Meanwhile, Yuichiro's forced smile slid from his face and was replaced with a mask of pain. He allowed himself to slide down to the ground, such that he was sitting with his back against the tree. He remained vigilant for a few minutes after Yumiko's departure, but he was so exhausted that at the onset of sleep, he presented no resistance whatsoever.

Yuichiro dozed off there against the tree.

((Yumiko continued in A Place to Rest))
[+] Surprise
Thanks to Claire for sig image!
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

((Ryuhei Sasagawa continued from Crimson Sunset))

After running for what felt like an hour, Ryuhei eventually slowed down to a lethargic walk. After the adrenalin from earlier had worn off, he was quickly reminded of just how painful his injury was. This, along with the bruises from his recent conflict with Sugimura and the fact that he was still barefoot slowed him down to a snail’s pace…

Sugimura...

Fucking asshole... First he had to go ahead and remind me why I’m at the bottom of the Kiriyama Family foodchain... THEN he had to go ahead and make me look like an idiot (Again!) by whipping out that piece at the last second! Bastard! Fucking bastard...

On his way, he passed the same mountain he’d slept near earlier, before his encounter with Mitsuko at the lighthouse. He briefly stopped to reflect on all he’d been through ever since he’d arrived. It had barely been a day since the kidnapping, yet for some reason it felt as if it had been weeks since Kamon addressed them all at the classroom for the first time. He recalled Shuuya’s doomed attempt at fighting the system, only to end with him lying dead in the middle of the fclassroom. Not that he could blame the guy, after all if Shuuya hadn’t done it he’d of probably ended up charging at the creepy bastard himself... Then he remembered how he’d broken the compass on his way out, causing him to be split from the family. He briefly wondered how they were all doing without him, unbeknownst to the fact that in his absence things for the family had taken a turn for the worst...

He then grudgingly recalled his encounter with Keita Ijima at the house. The sight of Keita falling over, dead from a bullet wound after he’d shot the poor squirt on sight was still fresh in Ryuhei's memory... As much as he didn’t want to admit it, accident or not HE’D been the one who killed him. He'd committed blatant murder! Something Ryuhei wasn’t exactly comfortable with...

What about Hiroki? You seemed pretty fucking determined to wipe him off the face of the earth yourself... What made him any different from...

No, wait. What the hell am I thinking? Hiroki... That bastard had it coming! HE had fucked ME over! Keita... He hadn’t done anything! You just... SHOT him without even having any reason to! Little fucker hadn’t screwed you over at all!

... Then again, maybe that’s just because you deprived him of the CHANCE to do so before it was too late? You saw that smile. Little bastard would have probably slit your throat in your sleep... Like that bitch Mitsuko!

Mitsuko... That was another name which caused Ryuhei to grit his teeth in anger. The way she’d played his strings like a harp, how she’d... TOYED with him just so she could get a chance to shank him with that little knife of hers. If he hadn’t noticed at the last second, he’d of probably ended up dead with a knife sticking out of his throat. Plus, to top it all off, she’d caused him to make that STUPID decision to jump through that window like in all those action movies he used to watch. His arm still burned from the grievous injuries caused by it... Injuries which reminded him of the horrific plans he has for Mitsuko should he ever come across her again... Alive OR dead... Lets hope for alive...

He continued on his way, heading in a generally westward direction. Not that he was aware of course. He was more concerned with the fact that he hadn’t eaten anything ever since he’d left all his stuff back at the lighthouse, and by this point he was beginning to get delirious from hunger.

After a few more minutes worth of marching he eventually came across none other than Yuichiro Takaguchi lying at the base of a tree. Huh, that’s odd... I wonder why...

His thoughts froze mid-thought as his sight lowered to see what the boy was holding. There, in the small boy’s unconscious hands was one of the biggest guns Ryuhei had seen ever since he’d arrived at the island. A huge pump-action shotgun which may as well of had the words “HARDCORE MOTHERFUCKER” printed on the side in gold letters. At first, Ryuhei thought he must have been dreaming. No way... No freaking way... Nobody is THIS lucky!

Still, dream or not, Ryuhei could almost feel tears of relief dripping down his cheeks. There, right there in the dead hands of some unlucky sonofabitch (What was his name… Yujiro? Yuchimoro? Something along those lines...) was a weapon which could actually give Ryuhei the edge he needed to survive here! With that gun... He could finally affirm (No... Make that Reaffirm!) his status as the No1 Hardcore Badass on the entire island! It was like god himself had presented Ryuhei a gift on a golden platter, to make up for all the shit he’d been through ever since he’d got here... It was enough to turn a man Christian there and then.

Ryuhei didn’t waste any time in hurrying up to where Yuichiro was lying and roughly removing the gun’s grip from his sleeping hands. Not like its gonna do much good for you anyway... Whoever wasted you must have been an idiot to leave such a kickass weapon unattended! In all the excitement, he’d failed to notice that Yuichiro was simply sleeping. NOT dead.

The delinquent inspected the huge gun in his hands. It was a helluva lot heavier then the small derringer Ryuhei had started out with, which wasn’t exactly much of a surprise. Plus, with his injured arm, holding it and aiming it was somewhat painful for Ryuhei. Still, even so, he could still aim and carry it without falling over from the weapon’s sheer weight. After all, despite all his whining about being screwed over by the rest of the island, Ryuhei was still adequately strong himself. Strong enough to intimidate big blubberball’s like “Man-tits” Akamatsu anyway... Then again, anyone and their mother could intimidate Akamatsu as far as Ryuhei was aware of.

A sudden impulse hit Ryuhei at that moment. Oh god, I’ve always wanted to do this! And then he cocked the shotgun, which made a very distinctive (and not to mention very loud) clicking noise.
Kicking Akamatsu in the face since 2010
The Director

Post by The Director »

My head... jeez, what an awful ache... Urgh. My shoulder is still terrible too. Yumiko?

Yuichiro's nap hadn't left him much refreshed. Although the fatigue was lessened, his wound wasn't paining him any less (a small part of him suggested it might have been worse, a thought which he attempted to suppress). Still, Yumiko couldn't be far away, in fact, wasn't there somebody right here?

Eyes only partially open, Yuichiro could make out the silhouette of a person standing over him. Oh great, Yumiko had made it back - hopefully she had medicine. Yuichiro hated to be so reliant on her, but then, staying had been a better thing to do if she was looking after -

Shick.

Yuichiro's eyes snapped open at the sound and seeing Ryuhei Sasagawa standing over him bearing his very own shotgun with a big smile on his face, he did the only thing appropriate for such a situation and let out a loud, surprised yelp.
[+] Surprise
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

It hadn't even occurred to Ryuhei for a second that Yuichiro might actually still be alive. He was far too excited by the discovery of the shotgun to take note of the fact that the otaku who was once holding it happened to be asleep.

Which made it all the more of a shock when Yuichiro squealed in terror.

What the FUCK!?!

He leaped back in terror, aiming his gun in the general direction of where he heard the yelp. It took a moment until he realised that the source of the noise happened to come from none other then the supposedly dead Yuichiro whose weapon he'd just "liberated".

Jesus Christ, the little shrimp's still alive! Holy fucking crap!

Unlike with Keita, Ryuhei had stopped himself from shooting the otaku on sight. At first he was simply bewildered. Surprised that he hadn't noticed that the kid had been alive the whole time... Until a thought suddenly occurred.

"L... Let me guess... You want this gun back, right? Want it back all for yourself... Gonna impress the ladies, right? Little nerd with a big-ass shotgun... Huge turn-on there, right?

Well guess what, shrimp. You ain't gettin' it back! No way! Not after all the fucking shit i've been through! Shit with sluts like Mitsuko, and assholes like Hiroki... and now shit with little whiny dorks who like playing with big guns!"

Naturally, of course, Ryuhei wasn't listening to a word Yuichiro could have been saying at that time. His hysterical anger from earlier had begun to return in full force, and with each passing second it was only getting worse and worse...

"I deserve this you hear me! After all the SHIT i've been through since I got here, I deserve it! Hell, I deserve a fucking medal! And if you think i'm just gonna give away my ticket out of here..." He yelled, raising his newly squired shotgun. "...Then you are DEAD fucking mistaken!"

And with that, he pulled the trigger.

BANG!
The Director

Post by The Director »

Yuichiro didn't even have time to scream before the shotgun blast took him full in the face and obliterated his head.

Ninth Grade/Class B – Boy #13: Yuichiro Takaguchi: ELIMINATED
19 STUDENTS REMAINING
[+] Surprise
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

Ryuhei simply froze on the spot.

Not immediately, though. The shotgun’s powerful recoil had caught him off balance, causing him to stumble backwards into a tree which had been the only thing stopping him from falling flat on his ass. But at that moment, he probably wouldn’t have noticed if he HAD fallen flat on his ass. Hell, he barely even felt the burning pain in his arm anymore he was so transfixed by what had just happened...

... After all, he’d just shot Yuichiro Takaguchi in the face.

It had been so... Bloody! The shotgun had completely blown the otaku’s head to pieces, splattering the surrounding area with tiny fragments of skull and brains. Ryuhei himself had taken the brunt of it, his clothes drenched in Yuichiro's blood. He could almost feel the many gory pieces of Yuichiro’s skull sticking to his clothes and hair, but he was far too transfixed with the otaku's body to try and remove any. It just lay there against the tree lifelessly like a ragdoll, blood trickling down from where his head used to be. All that was there now was a bloody stump, with a small piece of vertebrae that used to be part of Yuichiro’s neck sticking out in a twisted angle.

He’d seen stuff like this in horror and action movies before. Hell, he remembered seeing this one movie where a guy was literally torn apart and his face get splattered against the wall. He’d seen movies where people got eviscerated, crushed, decapitated, disemboweled, dismembered... You name it, he'd of seen it...

But none of it... NONE of it... Could have been more horrific then seeing it happen in real life before his very eyes...

The sight caused him to recall what happened with Keita. How he’d shot him by complete accident. How Keita had looked up at him with those wide eyes and uttered those ghostly dying words that’d haunt him for the rest of his life... “But, it was empty...”

Only Yuichiro hadn’t been an accident. He had MEANT to kill him. Hell, he didn’t even get a chance to say any dying last words! Ryuhei had shot him in cold blood! Had consciously made a decision to end his life there and then... And, with all the chaotic shit that was happening around him, there was only one thing Ryuhei wanted to do right there and then...

...He laughed.

Not a cheerful laugh at that. A hoarse, demented laugh. One which perfectly summed up Ryuhei’s mental state despite lasting a mere ten seconds.

I... I did it! I actually did it! I actually wasted the little bastard! No fuck-ups or anything!

He moved away from the tree, heading slowly in the direction of Yuichiro’s body.

“See! SEE! I told you so! That’s what happens to people who fuck with Ryuhei Sasagawa!”

It was like an epiphany or sorts... A sudden false revelation brought upon by the events of the island leading up to this point... All of his self doubt up to this point had suddenly and inexplicitly disappeared, replaced instead with feelings of self confidence and pride.

“All this time... I’ve been a hardcore badass the whole time! I just never realised it before now! Keita... He’d of tried to fuck with me! But I wasted the fucker before he could do anything about it... And Mitsuko? I could have killed her the whole time if I wanted... But instead I just had my way with her and left her crying in the sand! Bitch wasn’t even worth killing... And Hiroki? I showed him what happens to people who fuck with me alright... Hell, the bastard’s probably dead by now from all the injuries I inflicted upon his scrawny ass!”

He looked over the gun, a crooked smile appearing on his lips and a demented glint appearing in his eyes as he cocked it. After spending an entire day on the island alone without a definite goal in mind, he'd finally made his decision as to whether he'd play along with the program or not...

“And now... Now I’m gonna show everyone else! Soon, everyone’s gonna know just how much of a hardcore badass I can be... No, make that how much of a hardcore badass that I already AM! Once I get off this fuckin’ rock in one piece... THEN we’ll see whose laughing when I’m Number 1!”

“And If anybody tries to stop me, I’ll fuckin’ waste ‘em... Just like with Keita, and Hiroki, and Yuijiro... Fuckin’ show them I ain’t someone to be messed with anymore!”

What about Kazuo and the others?

Fuck ‘em! Fuck ‘em all! Kazuo’s been stealin’ my spotlight since day 1... And Mitsuru? I ought to pay him back for kickin’ me around all those years ago... Finally get some well-deserved retribution! Against Mitsuru... Against Kazuo... Against Mitsuko... Hell, against every other motherfucker whose ever screwed me over!”

And most of all...... I’m gonna give that fat fuck Kamon some payback for putting me through all this shit in the first place... Then we’ll see whose smiling when I shove a sickle up his ass!

He kept on smiling as he walked over to Yuichiro’s body, retrieving up the boy’s bag from his remains... “Guess you won’t be needin’ this anymore, will ya small fry?”

He slung the bag over his shoulder and turned away from the body, taking the time to decide which direction to go. Eventually, he decided to head in a generally south-eastern direction, staggering along with his newly acquired shotgun in hand.

Look out world... The new and improved Ryuhei’s here to shake things up a notch!

((Ryuhei Sasagawa continued in To The Dregs))

Return to “Rest of the Island”